keepingitreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can you expand your ribcage?

I'm trying to increase my chest measurements (like almost everyone it seems!) but i'm not blessed with a naturally big bone structure. In fact, I have a very small frame. So, even if i trained my pecs so they were enormous the naturally small size of my rib cage would minimise the effect. I have read however that it's possible to increase the size of your rib cage with the right stretches and exercises. Can someone confirm there's some truth to this? Or is it wishful thinking?!! And if so, what should i be doing to expand the natural size of my chest

Tatted_up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    drink milk...nah, im really not sure that its possible for you to actually change your bone structure...if your lacking in certain areas then try to stack the muscle atop it.
    Last edited by Tatted_up; 11-04-2003 at 11:53 AM.
    EAT EAT EAT

TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN

GET BIG

BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is believed by some that 20 rep breathing squats supersetted with dumbell pullovers can enlarge the ribcage, but it is doubtful if this is true.
    When I started training I also had a very small build and I did the above routine for a while in the hope that it would work. The squats helped me gain some good mass, but my rib cage didn't change.

Don't despair though mate, you will be amazed at the difference a couple of years training can make. Your chest measurement also takes into account your back development too. That is two pretty big muscle groups that you can build up in size, chest and back.

I am only 5'4" and my chest was 33" (115lbs) when I started training, it is now 47"- 48" (205lbs) at the same height. Stick to compound moves as the main bulk of your routine and eat a decent diet, you will be surprised at the difference you can make.
    http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2/index.php - only place I post now!

www.fortifiediron.com
    www.homefitness101.com

The original good guys....

bignbuff/sychokid/psupower/coneytt/LostProphet

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    you can grow a small amount of muscle over the ribcave (the serreatus anterior) but actually expanding your ribcage is not possible your bones can't be replaced

and you don't need to train the serratus direct everything that will retract the scapula will get this muscle worked

BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The cartalige between you ribs is very soft and stretchable. Breathing squats and pullovers.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by midian
    you can grow a small amount of muscle over the ribcave (the serreatus anterior) but actually expanding your ribcage is not possible your bones can't be replaced

and you don't need to train the serratus direct everything that will retract the scapula will get this muscle worked
    bump...

this is the night of stupid questions....

Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: can you expand your ribcage?

Originally posted by keepingitreal
    I'm trying to increase my chest measurements (like almost everyone it seems!) but i'm not blessed with a naturally big bone structure. In fact, I have a very small frame. So, even if i trained my pecs so they were enormous the naturally small size of my rib cage would minimise the effect. I have read however that it's possible to increase the size of your rib cage with the right stretches and exercises. Can someone confirm there's some truth to this? Or is it wishful thinking?!! And if so, what should i be doing to expand the natural size of my chest
    Breath in and hold it.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz

Re: Re: can you expand your ribcage?

Originally posted by Miracle Fingers
    Breath in and hold it.
    iwas just about to post that...

hehe..

Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Seriously though, they can already lengthen bones by surgery. They can make you a few inches taller by breaking your calf bones and pinning them in a certain way so that they heal back longer. Exactly like in Gattaca. I know a girl who had this surgery so she could become a air stewardess.

They must be able to therefore do the same with your ribs, but is this really something you want to resort to?

keepingitreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, i certainly won't be going that far. I just wondered whether the correct stretches would expand your natural ribcage size. Doesn't seem a very unreasonble an idea to me. But i've read so many different views on this subject on the web. Some say it definitely can be done and you'd be a fool not to try, some say it definitely can't. It seems that there isn't a final answer on this subject yet. Anyone feel like volunteering for a study?