Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Losing weight/ doctors visit

My doctor is retiring, but I had a check up today. I still have A LOT of muscle. I'm in 160 category for about almost 5'3 and I think ( i wouldn't know for sure) when I have the gym pump at gym, people probably think I'm on something. Im natural but gain muscle easy with lots of protein. Arm workouts I look very muscular and ripped. Anyways first thing he asked was if I have new years resolution to lose weight. I was like well actually I was at the gym 5 to 6 days per week from like late August to beginning of Dec. So i prob just gained some good muscle (maybe also losing some fat, scale not changing) he sat down and looked at previous visits . One was in 150s, few years ago maybe 140s before that. I haven't been going to him that long. I was like ya, i really hit up the muscle gaining intensity for my workouts. He's like well the scale keeps going up, let's try to go back the other direction. Like he completely disregarded I was a natural bodybuilder who doesn't compete and has a lot of muscle mass.

Question is. I briefly met his replacement for like 2 min today he seemed nice. And I'll see him in july. Anything I can say to him so he understands I'm not your average girl who goes to the doctor? Or maybe he'll listen. Lol. BMI won't be a great indicator for me.
    Last edited by Romantic1983; 01-09-2024 at 07:24 PM.
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy."

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, post a pic for better advice. But intuition tells me that at 5'3" and 160 you have a lot of weight to lose.
    Last edited by xsquid99; 01-10-2024 at 01:44 PM.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your previous doctor was trying to nicely tell you you're fat regardless of how much muscle you also have. Your new doctor will have his/her own eyes too, regardless of how you preface your physique.

In the end, if you're happy with how you look what you do with their suggestions is up to you.

Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Romantic1983 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here is recent ab pic. Dont have legs yet, and can barely see arms. But i have a lot of muscle on legs
    Attached Images
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's absolutely nothing we can judge from that photo other than the fact that it doesn't look like you have any visible abs.

I'm with air2fakie above, despite having a good amount of muscle you very likely have a high amount of bodyfat as well, which is what your doctor was hinting at.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Appreciate the response, but i agree to disagree. Whats even more impressive from this pic, is that you can kinda see my upper abs peeking out at the top and im not even leaned down. My stomach is mostly flat, albeit not muscular.

If i told you a guy was 5'6 and 240 pounds off season. You would say he was morbidly obese. If i tell you that guy is Derek Lunsford. Off season, 240, competing 225 supposedly. Both still seriously overweight. And to my google searches, he still looks pretty darn fit and in shape at 240.

We all have bodyfat, myself included. If i take off the muscle mass i have on my legs and arms alone, i guarantee i am prob in at least the 140s or 130s. I was down to 155 months ago with a cleanse. And still the same. Im pretty fit, but this is not helping me on what to say my doctor. A random google search of the same topic, i found a similar question and it had majority of people dialing in and and saying the guys doctor was an idiot, and shouldn't take 1 number into consideration. And as a medical doctor, he or she should know that. And that also if youre a heavy lifter or bodybuilder, BMI is not at all accurate.

Thanks anyways

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    There's absolutely nothing we can judge from that photo other than the fact that it doesn't look like you have any visible abs.

I'm with air2fakie above, despite having a good amount of muscle you very likely have a high amount of bodyfat as well, which is what your doctor was hinting at.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You can always check your waist circumference and compare it to your height. If it's greater than half your height you probably have some weight to lose. https://myhealthywaist.org/evaluatin...circumference/

Other than that, you can always get screening labs to look for anything obvious to be concerned about, typical labs may include a fasting lipid profile and CMP.
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Romantic1983 View Post
    Im pretty fit, but this is not helping me on what to say my doctor.
    Why do you have to say anything to your new doctor? You go see him, he says whatever he's going to say, and you leave.

If you feel you're fit, look good and your weight is due to your muscle, what's the point of this thread? We can only go by your prior doctor's suggestion after physically examining you, your height/weight and your cryptic photo - not sure what you were expecting here.

Originally Posted by Romantic1983 View Post
    Appreciate the response, but i agree to disagree. Whats even more impressive from this pic, is that you can kinda see my upper abs peeking out at the top and im not even leaned down. My stomach is mostly flat, albeit not muscular.

If i told you a guy was 5'6 and 240 pounds off season. You would say he was morbidly obese. If i tell you that guy is Derek Lunsford. Off season, 240, competing 225 supposedly. Both still seriously overweight. And to my google searches, he still looks pretty darn fit and in shape at 240.

We all have bodyfat, myself included. If i take off the muscle mass i have on my legs and arms alone, i guarantee i am prob in at least the 140s or 130s. I was down to 155 months ago with a cleanse. And still the same. Im pretty fit, but this is not helping me on what to say my doctor. A random google search of the same topic, i found a similar question and it had majority of people dialing in and and saying the guys doctor was an idiot, and shouldn't take 1 number into consideration. And as a medical doctor, he or she should know that. And that also if youre a heavy lifter or bodybuilder, BMI is not at all accurate.

Thanks anyways
    A guy like Derek Lunsford has massive amounts of muscle (not to mention professional bodybuilders are not natty, which attributes to their high body weight, high muscle muscle mass, and low amount of bodyfat). Even in the offseason professional bodybuilders usually aren't going over 20% bodyfat. Derek Lunsford still looks lean and jacked even in the offseason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5oDJjxdMTk

Unless you're enhanced, I think its highly likely that your overall perception of your amount of muscle vs. fat is way off, your bodyfat is high, and you're not as "fit" as you think you are, thus the comments from your doctor. Doctors generally aren't going to tell someone who is lean and fit to lose weight (even if they're over their recommended BMI range). But go ahead and keep arguing.
    Last edited by xsquid99; 01-13-2024 at 02:04 AM.