Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Leg day progress.

SSB squats are awesome
    https://youtube.com/shorts/CIVfq5Vq7k8
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Probably took too long of a break, but I figured I needed it

Bench Press:
    45x10
    95x10
    135x8
    185x5
    215x23

OHP:
    145x13.8 (failed on the 14th rep)
    145x6.2 (failed on the 7th rep)

arms felt like spaghetti noodles

DB rows:
    105s x 20

felt like I was going to puke afterwards

I haven't been feeling all that great the past week. Feels like my job just keeps shoveling chit on me. And I still don't know if I can join this other team. I've got a couple interviews this week that will decide my fate. Yesterday it felt like I had a full on panic attack, tunnel vision and then feeling really cold afterwards

Originally Posted by 67Vert View Post
    1/22/24 B-Day

I split split some firewood for kindling last night. It wasn't much but I felt my back strained later when I plopped down to watch some boob tube. It must just be the cold. It seems that I need to stay warmer these days. I thought I was going to have to skip my workout today but I woke up this morning feeling OK.

Machine Hack Squat
    360X5,5,8 Being mindful of my back I used lighter weight.

OHP
    105X5,5,5 Added 5 lbs. Felt good.

RDL
    185X8,205X8,8 I felt just a little back strain and decided to skip the last set.

Lat Pull
    137.5X8,8,8 I've been doing this weight for too long. Time to add some weight or switch to pull-ups.

Crunches on machine - 15,15,15
    Spider curls 3 sets - I don't know if Spider curl is the right term. The preacher bench has a vertical (90*) pad on the back. I'm using that.
    Dips - 15,15,15
    I've been feeling my lower back act up too lately. In my case I think its cause I've been undertraining it (I've been really bad about training legs/lower the past couple of months) and my lower back has weakened

Look up jefferson curls AKA lumbar curls. They make my back feel great, but use really low weight at first. You can probably get the effect with just the bar

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Good work everyone, and congratulations Camarija!

Also, SJT, those are some mammoth failure sets on the bench and row... That's like doing cardio work with legitimate hypertrophy weight for most people. Traps are looking especially pronounced and built-up, too.

--

I got pretty sick a little over a week ago with a nasty head cold that had my sinus pressure feeling like it was an inner tube and generally just feeling unwell, then I got iced in again, so I took some time off and today was my first lift in a while. I'd say it went pretty well!

Flat Bench (T&G):
    225 x 10, 245 x 8, 275 x 5, 295 x 3 @7, 9, 10, 10

Conventional Deadlift (Beltless, Mixed):
    315 x 8, 365 x 5, 415 x 2* @6?, 8, 10

A.S.
    Precor Lever Pulldown Machine:
    4 x 8 w/ 100 added to each arm
    Precor Incline Press Machine:
    4 x 8 w/ 90 added to each arm

Supinated DB Curl:
    1 x 12 w/ 35s

Lateral Raise:
    1 x 12 w/ 25s

I had eaten properly yesterday with rice and meat in anticipation of today, but having only had a cobb salad today prior to the workout, I was surprised to have had this much strength and stamina, especially after a fairly lengthy break. I wasn't feeling especially motivated in an emotional sense but I was determined to go in and get the work in regardless, which ironically sometimes yields higher quality workouts than when I'm especially eager or over-confident. The benching was pretty difficult after the first two sets but I wanted to hit a good spread of rep ranges on a small pyramid and I managed what I had prescribed for myself. That deadlifting felt awesome, actually (it was hard, but rewarding) and I had some friends check my back straightness and form and they said it looked quite straight throughout, except for that final rep of 415 which I got about 90% of the way up but didn't fully lockout, so I am caveating that here. (*I was very close to a 3rd rep but since I didn't lock it out, I'm not counting what I didn't properly achieve.) My mind was honed in on the form and it felt very natural and correctly executed, and I was somewhat worried I'd have to rebuild some of the motor skill for it since I've not been doing it every week like in previous years. It also was not nearly as difficult as the last time, which was going on three weeks ago now I believe, so that is reassuring as well. The machines felt pretty good and gave me a nice localized burn, though I felt like I could have loaded the lever pulldown more so I will do that next time. The incline bench felt right on the sweet spot of difficult without being too much to do properly at the desired volume. I had intended to do 3 sets of the dumbbells but my arms were really fried at that point (with imminent form breakdown detected), so I called it after the first set instead of going down and chasing a burnout.
    Good your feeling well again

Thanks man, I think I'm having some good rebound from all the OHP work. My shoulder feels great too. It wasn't long ago I couldn't bench 95 without a lot of pain

I've felt what you experienced with the food thing (I think). My theory is the food from the past few days is what matters, not the food on the day of. And since eating food requires energy, I suspect that eating a ton of food the day before, but then eating very little on the day of, will give the best workout
    Best lifts:
    Bench press: 315x4, 345x1
    Squat: 465x1
    Strict press: 185x8, 195x5, 215x1
    Deadlift: 405x13 (conv tap'n'go with straps)

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Shoulders highlights
    Seated press
    185x7
    195x5
    205x5
    215x3
    225x 2
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

1 interview down, 1 more to go. I don't think this one was a slam dunk but it went pretty well

--------

DB Chest fly/press:
    45s x 8
    45s x 15
    45s x 15

Cheat BB Curl:
    45x5
    95x5
    135x15
    95x15 (palms facing down)

Tricep extensions:
    25s x 10
    45s x 15

Also, I'm a clown for not training legs again
    Best lifts:

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck on the job search. Tris and forearms are looking massive.

--

This didn't go as well as planned, but in spite of that I got some legitimate and long-overdue work in with the squat. I hadn't done it in a while, but in spite of that I was expecting it to have gone better owing to recent deadlift performance being above what I anticipated. Oh well. Originally I was going for 4 x 8 at 275 but it was immediately apparent that that wasn't going to happen, so I ended up turning it into a weird sort of disjointed pyramid. I went as low as possible on I believe every single rep without losing back tightness (hamstrings lodged into calves and stopping further descent) and form held up pretty well for the most part to the best of my ability to assess that from my own perspective. This is my nemesis exercise but I just need to keep doing it and it will improve with effort and consistency.

Back Squat (Mid Bar, Beltless, ATG):
    1 x 3 at 275, 1 x 1 at 315, 1 x 2 at 295, 1 x 6 at 245, 2 x 8 at 225 (all but the final two sets were @9 or 10, the former being maybe 7s)

My dad and I bench on Sunday, so I've come up with the following pattern I think will be good to adhere to for the next couple of months at least. It's got some flexibility without being minimalistic, and I think covers all of the important bases with enough frequency to drive improvement while being arranged sensibly enough for balance in my opinion to that end:

Monday - Leg Day
    The squat is going to be king on this day, but I want to include leg isolations afterwards and really focus on local fatigue on what doesn't get fully utilized in the compound lift. Getting legs hit thoroughly on the first day of the week will be good for discipline and carrying a sense of morale through the other movement patterns and groups which are less psychologically challenging and which I have more proficiency in.

Tuesday - Shoulders and Arms
    Since I'll have trained pushes and pulls with my dad on Sunday, and this day would be the third consecutive day of work, I'd like to focus here specifically on the auxiliary muscles and aim for high volume due to their greater recovery rate and lack of singular focus with compound movements, from which time they'll likely be ready to go again and gains here will carry into that next session that they're especially utilized in compounds.

Wednesday - Rest
    The previous three days are comprehensive and a fourth consecutive day of training would be counterproductive. It's also the end of the primary work cycle at my job and so typically a high stress day otherwise where rest and decompressing will be additionally important.

Thursday - Deadlift/Bench
    These two combined are in decent measure a full body workout of their own, and due to the rest of the programming, I think sensibly combined. I would do them in the order written, the arms and shoulders being most recently trained yet the least directly recruited and in need of lengthy recovery for the deadlift, with the back and legs respectively having the most distance between their most recent training and this day. The bench being the first of two sessions in the week seems appropriate for its relative workload and progress response from frequency. One should be primed for big lifts at a lower volume after a full day of recovery with their primary muscle groups being relatively the most rested due to its position in the week.

Friday

Saturday
    Rest, get out, enjoy the weekend and life outside of the gym and work.

Sunday
    Intense bench with complementary pulls/miscellaneous upper isos. After two days of rest and comprehensive full body work over the course of the week, I should really be able to put in intense work for the chest and back. Bench wouldn't be my first choice, but it's important for me to lift with my dad and that's what he wants to focus on, but I'll ease into incorporating more pulls.

Thoughts on this spread? It's really just a pattern and not a program since it doesn't have any blueprint for progression, but I think the way that it's arranged should be feasible for continuously being followed back to back.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Eli,

All you can do is find a training split that works for you RIGHT NOW.

For me, over my 45 years, I’ve tried a bunch of things. As you know I really love my every other day sessions to keep me fresh. Just this week I changed back to my 3 on, 1 off…

chest/back
    legs/calves
    shoulders/arms
    rest

recovery remains similar as I still train each muscle 1 x each 4 days, 2x per 8. Fewer rest days but shorter workouts…45-60 min

I can use alternating sets and even bundled sets to shave time off…

The pros are that I can really focus on whatever I’m hitting that day. The cons are that wity three days in a row, the third day I’m kind of beaten up…I feel that this morning which is a rest day.

I sometimes have to make the change in order to get all the work in but fit it into a smaller time window. For me, I’d say I like to invest about 3 hours total for my whole body over a 4 day period…think, in terms of minutes… either 60-60-60…rest or 90-rest-90-rest …too much more than that and I’ll start to dread it and feel like a slave to the gym.

Another split that’s sometimes nice is:

Chest/arms
    Legs/calves
    Back/shoulders
    Off
    Repeat

That split was popular when Lee Haney was King of the bodybuilder world.

With your interest in powerlifting, take a cue from Eddie Hall “many guys trained as hard as me, nobody recovered like me.”

67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SaviorSelfJT View Post
    I haven't been feeling all that great the past week. Feels like my job just keeps shoveling chit on me. And I still don't know if I can join this other team. I've got a couple interviews this week that will decide my fate. Yesterday it felt like I had a full on panic attack, tunnel vision and then feeling really cold afterwards

I've been feeling my lower back act up too lately. In my case I think its cause I've been undertraining it (I've been really bad about training legs/lower the past couple of months) and my lower back has weakened

Look up jefferson curls AKA lumbar curls. They make my back feel great, but use really low weight at first. You can probably get the effect with just the bar

'''''
    I hope you end up finding a better job, and soon. That kind of stress can really mess with your health. My job mandated the jab during the scamdemic. I wasn't going take it and they took forever to respond to requests for exemption.

I've been meaning to do some light cardio, static stretching and mobility work around lunch time on non-gym days. But rarely do it. I think I'm going to have to commit to doing it first thing in the AM like I do with the gym work. I'll like that jefferson curl, I'll put it in the routine.
    67Vert

67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000)
    1/24/24 A-Day

Squat - 225X5,5,5

Bench Press - All the benches were full.
    DB Press (15* incline) - 60X10,8,10

Pendlay Row - 140X8,8,8 added 5 lbs

FacePull - didn't look at my log and forgot it was facepulls today. I did pull-up instead
    Pull-ups - 5,4,4,4 - at 179 lbs BW - scale is moving the wrong direction

1/26/24 B-Day

Machine Hack Squat - someone was using it for a texting station

RDL - 210X8,8,8 - Added 5lbs- Felt a faint tug in the the left hamstring, something to note but I don't think I need to worry about it.

OHP - 105X5,5,8 - weight felt good today

Machine Hack Squat - 385X5,5,8

Lat Pull - 145X8,8,8

DB Preacher Curl - 3X
    Tricep Pushups - 3X

I started tracking my intake again. Sadly, I have never been successful maintaining a deficit and without tracking.
    67Vert

Thoughts on this spread? It's really just a pattern and not a program since it doesn't have any blueprint for progression, but I think the way that it's arranged should be feasible for continuously being followed back to back.
    Looks like you'd be hitting most of your bench muscles 3x per week, which could really drive progress. Only thing I'd suggest is make sure you've got plenty of rowing and a little bit of OHP, I think that's what messed my shoulder up

Originally Posted by 67Vert View Post
    I hope you end up finding a better job, and soon. That kind of stress can really mess with your health. My job mandated the jab during the scamdemic. I wasn't going take it and they took forever to respond to requests for exemption.

I've been meaning to do some light cardio, static stretching and mobility work around lunch time on non-gym days. But rarely do it. I think I'm going to have to commit to doing it first thing in the AM like I do with the gym work. I'll like that jefferson curl, I'll put it in the routine.
    I'm hoping, had the 2nd interview today and should hear back monday...hopefully its good news.

I'm curious how you like the jefferson curl. I felt like after a few workouts doing it, I immediately was a little stronger on deadlifts and rows
    Best lifts:

Originally Posted by SaviorSelfJT View Post
    Looks like you'd be hitting most of your bench muscles 3x per week, which could really drive progress. Only thing I'd suggest is make sure you've got plenty of rowing and a little bit of OHP, I think that's what messed my shoulder up

I'm hoping, had the 2nd interview today and should hear back monday...hopefully its good news.

I'm curious how you like the jefferson curl. I felt like after a few workouts doing it, I immediately was a little stronger on deadlifts and rows

Job stress sux. One piece of advice, wisdom from 57 years on earth…don’t waste your time working for a boss you can’t respect or who doesn’t respect you…just move on.

Life is short. No male in my family has ever lived past 80…at 57 I know I wouldn’t waste a single year.

Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    Job stress sux. One piece of advice, wisdom from 57 years on earth…don’t waste your time working for a boss you can’t respect or who doesn’t respect you…just move on.

Life is short. No male in my family has ever lived past 80…at 57 I know I wouldn’t waste a single year.
    It's not my boss or even anyone I directly work with. Everythin is coming up from the top brass of the company. They've got golden handcuffs on some of us (and meanwhile it seems like everyday there's news headlines about hundreds of people laid off from their jobs from random companies) and know we won't walk away from our jobs, so we'll just put up with the situation. I probably shouldn't be complaining as much as I am, a lot of people would still be glad to be in my shoes, especially those actually laid off

-----------

Finally getting some lower work in:

Back felt stiff and weak, so light jefferson curls to warm up, this worked great:

Jefferson:
    45x8
    45x8

Squat:
    45x8
    135x8
    225x8
    315x8

Damn! My quads were having a hard time keeping up. I'm officially one of those "bro" lifters who can almost bench their squat

Row:
    215x27 (legs were shaking the whole set from the squats)

Deadlift:
    405x6

Jeffersons again:
    95x8
    95x12
    Best lifts:

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)

January 27, 2024

Stiff Legged Deadlift: 295 pounds - 2 sets x 8 reps
    Single Leg Extension: 75 pounds - 3 sets x 12 reps

Ring Push Up: 3 sets x 10 reps
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 75 pounds - 3 sets x 12 reps

Side Plank w/Leg Raise: 2 sets x 10 reps
    Side Lateral: 10 pounds - 2 sets x 10 reps

Good session today. the last 2 exercises were pretty awkward. I won't do the plank/leg raise again because I don't seem strong enough in that position to do them properly. Tried two different lateral raise variations - lying side laterals and cable laterals. I like both better than the standard lateral raises I've been doing. Probably like the cable best, but the resistance is too much (something got bent or misaligned when I moved and there's a fair amount of resistance - I'd guess around 15 pounds - even without any weight added). The lying laterals felt weird, but I think I just need to figure out how to position by body comfortably. I'll probably stick with those.
    The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043

Strong SLDLs CW

-----

3 days of lifting in a row. Wanted to do BB rows again, but my back/glutes are waaaay too tired

Bench press
    45x10
    95x10
    135x8
    185x5
    225x22

Fuk yes, only have ever done 225x20 before when my strength was at an all time max, and back then I was also doing high reps sets regularly

OHP
    155x11.5

Pullips: 10
    Chins: 10
    Pullups: 7.2
    Chins 6.2
    Best lifts:

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong lifts all around, everyone. Seems everyone is really pushing their potential right now.

--

Flat Bench (T&G):
    6 x 1 at 315*

Double Pulley Lat Pulldown:
    4 x 6 at 220

A.S.
    Dips:
    3 x 5 at BW
    Double Pulley Seated Cable Row:
    2 x 5 at 235

Chin Up:
    1 x 3 at BW

*First set of bench was very nearly a double but I failed to lock it out and it started going back down.

Was going to do a final set of those seated rows but I was alternating them with the dips and someone grabbed the machine while I wasn't there, which is fair, so I just did a set of chinups to finish out which were quite hard at this point, with the cable machines being pretty challenging beforehand. Those double pulleys are harder than singles, and it's hard to compare weights on these machines, but listing the pulley count helps to standardize it I think. Dips were certainly submaximal but I just wanted to get the groove greased. The benching was decent. These reps were all fairly labored and none of them shot up as they have before, but I had refrained from training while sick, and so even though this week I have taken a break from alcohol, eaten plenty and trained holistically, it'll still take a few more sessions probably to return to that level of proficiency.

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Janurary 28, 2024

Walking Lunge: 20 pounds - 2 sets x 12 reps
    Incline Fly Press: 20 pounds - 2 sets x 12 reps
    Skiers 10 pounds - 2 sets x 12 reps

Since I've been struggling to get in workouts more than 2 or 3 times per week in recent months I've made some changes to my programming. Nothing major, just adjusting volumes for the most part. I'm increasing volume per workout by 20-30% under the assumption that I'll lift every other day. I then have what I guess I'll call "Accessory Days". When I'm able to workout 2 days in a row the second day will be an Accessory Day.

These Accessory days are relatively low volume and use low fatigue exercises. Their only purpose is to slightly increase weekly volume. If I don't do any Accessory days in a given week I should still have enough volume programmed to at least maintain strength levels. And I don't think these days should have any real noticeable impact on fatigue.

This workout was fast and pretty easy, only taking about 15 minutes to complete. Over time I may make it more difficult by adding weight or pushing closer to failure, but didn't want start out by pushing too far given how infrequently I've been lifting. I'm hoping I'll be able to lift tomorrow so I can see if lifting 3 days in a row (or maybe more) might be viable.

Trainings shoulders and arms.

PRs set on smith seated shoulder press…
    240x1
    245x1

Training with 185x7 at the moment.

Basic Reacclimation Split - Week One: Monday 1/4 (Legs)

Back Squat (Mid-Bar, Beltless, ATG):
    5 x 5 at 275

All of these were difficult, but got more manageable towards the middle, and then the final rep of the final set was a difficult grind through the sticking point and both of my forearms cramped as I was keeping the brace. It's been a while since I squatted decent weight at more than a paltry volume, so I called it there and intend to add accessories next time.

1/29/24 A-Day

Squat - 230X5,5,5 up 5 lbs. Weight moved easier than 225 did last week. Last set was the easiest.
    DB Press - 65X8,6 55X10
    Pendlay Row - 135X8, 140X8,8
    FacePull - 3 sets
    Calves - 3 sets
    DB curls - 10,10,10
    Dips - 15,20,20
    67Vert

Basic Reacclimation Split - Week One: Tuesday 2/4 (Shoulders/Arms)

A.S.
    Standing OHP:
    4 x 6 at 135
    Hammer Curl:
    4 x 3 w/ 60s

A.S.
    DB Lateral Raise:
    3 x 8 w/ 35s
    DB Supinated Curl:
    3 x 8 w/ 45s

Feeling pretty vibrant and healthy today. After the squats yesterday I slept like a rock, and have been eating more nutritiously and avoided alcohol entirely this past week. (I'll still drink some, but just from this I can tell that there's a difference already, which is worth noting.) Both racks were taken, so I cleaned each set of OHP off the floor, which felt pretty good to do. Curls felt heavier than usual but go figure since I haven't given them focus in a while. All in all this felt pretty thoroughgoing and profitable. Looking forward to continuing this split and seeing how it goes in a macroscopic sense.

January 30, 2024

Been reading all the posts here but have been in a hurry every time I've posted recently.
    Just wanted to say that you're all doing great work. I love seeing each person progressing in one way or another.

Overhead Press: 125 pounds x 1 rep
    DB Row: 60 pounds - 3 sets x 12 reps
    Happy with the OHP. Matched my PR and I've not been doing much overhead pressing.

High Bar Squat: 185 pounds x 5, 6 reps
    Single Leg Curl: 50 pounds - 2 sets x 12 reps
    Probably could've done another rep or two on the squat sets, but was starting to feel some form breakdown.

Behind the Neck Press: 45 pounds - 3 sets x 12 reps
    Concentration Curl: 25 pounds - 3 sets x 12 reps
    Started very light on the Behind the Neck presses and I'll increase this one slowly.

Squat:
    warmups
    315x12

Video (not a remarkable set by any means, but been a while since I've seen my form): https://streamable.com/0b8ats

BB row:
    225x30

Deadlift:
    up to 405 and stopped

Jefferson:
    115x8
    115x15 (? wasn't counting)

Wasn't standing on a CMU block for jeffersons this time, instead just a 25lb plate and took a wider grip. I recorded, the ROM is enough to get some lumbar flexion (a nice and rounded back at the bottom), but it isn't as extreme as the pics you see online of people basically bending their back into a C

I would like some more ROM, but I feel like the concrete block is dangerous to stand on due to stability. Last time I was worried about falling off and getting injured

Basic Reacclimation Split - Week One: Tuesday 2/4 (Shoulders/Arms)

A.S.
    Standing OHP:
    4 x 6 at 135
    Hammer Curl:
    4 x 3 w/ 60s

A.S.
    DB Lateral Raise:
    3 x 8 w/ 35s
    DB Supinated Curl:
    3 x 8 w/ 45s

Feeling pretty vibrant and healthy today. After the squats yesterday I slept like a rock, and have been eating more nutritiously and avoided alcohol entirely this past week. (I'll still drink some, but just from this I can tell that there's a difference already, which is worth noting.) Both racks were taken, so I cleaned each set of OHP off the floor, which felt pretty good to do. Curls felt heavier than usual but go figure since I haven't given them focus in a while. All in all this felt pretty thoroughgoing and profitable. Looking forward to continuing this split and seeing how it goes in a macroscopic sense.
    Nice hammers, I feel like they will blow your forearms up to the moon, especially if you overload them a bit and use some body english. Supposedly they help prevent elbow problems too

And I feel you on the alcohol, I barely ever drink anymore thanks to hangovers. In my college days I thought I was immune to them, now if I drink a single beer I'll get a headache an hour later lmao
    Last edited by SaviorSelfJT; 01-30-2024 at 06:07 PM.
    Best lifts:

1/31/24 B-Day

Machine Hack Squat - 395X5,5,8 - added 10 lbs weight felt good

OHP - 115X5,5 100X8 - up 5 lbs, too heavy. I like to do full ROM. 2nd set I only came down to parallel.

RDL - 210X8,8,8

Lat Pull - 145X8,8,8

Hammer Curl - 3X
    Tricep extension cables/rope - 3X

I'm thinking of changing it up and creating a C Day. I want to make Incline DB press a regular exercise, and maybe fit in side laterals.
    67Vert

I thought I posted this this am but whatever…

I’m 266 lbs and happy here but focused on gaining size and strength. I’d recently switched to a 3 on, 1 off plan to have more sessions a week but shorter sessions…MISTAKE for me. The accrued fatigue and worse, joint soreness is creeping up on me. I pressed two days ago, then benched and did incline today..felt weak and sore…My best gains on bench happen when I only press every four days…better recovery…so bench, incline and seated press all happen on the same day,,,then I have more recovery and less joint (overuse) pain.

I have also noticed that my enthusiasm to squat the day after heavy chest/back work is not as good as it was with a days rest between. Hell, even loading the bar is more of a task.

Lesson learned, 3-4 longer sessions a week is superior for me than 5-6 shorter sessions. They are not the same.

Anyways, I finished 12 sets chest and 12 back and I’ll rest tomorrow, then do legs/arms on Friday and rest again Sat. This plan has always been best for me.

,,,, , but it's important for me to lift with my dad and that's what he wants to focus on, but I'll ease into incorporating more pulls.

I read this when you first posted. I read it again and had to comment that you working out with your dad is super awesome.

I have no advice on your workout. It seems you're experienced enough to know what works for you.
    67Vert

2/2/24 C-Day?

I'm still progressing on my current A/B full body program. So don't want to completely Abandon it. But I've also been wanting change up the work out for couple of reasons;
    1) A/B repeatedly is getting boring.
    2) To target some specifics.

Today was experimental. I just wanted to get a feel for movements and weights I haven't done for long while.

Bulgarian Split Squat with Dumbbells - 30X8,8,8
    I used to do these with the back foot on top of a flat bench. But I saw blonde girl using the ankle support of an adjustable. I did this today and it is a game changer. It felt so much more natural and stable. I have skinny hips and no ass. I did these with a forward lean to hit the glutes.

Bench Press - 215X3,205X5, 195X? (not sure about that 3rd set)
    I've put DB incline to A-Day, and moved Bench to this new C-Day.

Bent Over Row - 135X8,8,8
    Last year I was doing Pendlay and Yates rows. As simple as BOR is, it felt kinda awkward today.

Side Lateral DB Raise -10/17.5lb DB
    I prefer a 12.5 or 15 lb DB. Neither were available. 10 felt too light. 17.5 was manageable.
    I do these with pause part way to stop an momentum. I also tried some with full ROM. I felt those in the traps.

Upright Dips - BWx15,15,15
    Approaching the Dip station from the side today I noticed the handles had a slight angle to them tipping inward. I normally face the machine, facing out made a huge difference in maintaining an upright position. I definitely need to buy a belt.

Bicep Pull down - 50x10, 57.5X10,10
    I usually do these with the lat pull bar. But someone had left single hand attachment on there today. I think single handed will be my go-to.

I wasn't sure how this was going to work out going in. But I think this will be my regular 3rd day full body workout.

If anyone sees anything glaringly wrong or just has some feed back let me know.
    67Vert

Not a real workout, but did some DB flys/presses (like a halfway between a fly and a press)
    25s x 8
    45s x 10
    50s x 15
    Best lifts:

I did arms for 30 min yesterday morning.

Alternating sets of:
    Pushdowns/Ez bar curls
    Overhead rope ext/concentration curls

Then in the PM I had two scoops of whey in a giant coffee, went to work on my legs. I’m guessing 60-75 min …
    Smith machine squat pyramid x5 sets
    Leg press x 4 sets
    Leg ext x3
    Leg curls x4
    Calf raise x5 or 6

Today I rest.

February 3, 2024

Conventional Deadlift: 415 pounds x 1 rep
    Romanian Deadlift: 225 pounds x 10 reps

Larsen Press: 115 pounds - 3 sets x 10 reps
    Cable Row: 90 pounds - 3 sets x 12 reps

Started this workout on Wednesday and finally finished it today, lmao! I only had time to do the Conventional single and then my son decided he was ready to go back upstairs. That's just how it goes sometimes...

That Conv Dead matched my PR and moved VERY well. No doubt I had at least another 10 pounds, maybe more.
    On the RDLs I extended the weight out away from my legs to make it harder. It felt great that way - felt like it put more demand on my hamstrings.

Everything aside from the conv dead was done with pretty light weight because I'm hoping to get in another session tomorrow so I didn't want to destroy myself today.