weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Is the X amount of protein per meal myth/theory debunked?

Hey,
    I haven't checked in for about 10 years and back then there was a lot of talk about how much protein your muscle can use per meal.
    Now there's so many diet plans and options, youtuber gurus are all over the place with different information.

Has anyone come to a conclusion?
    Maybe you have done it some way and didn't make a difference?

I myself try to eat 6 meals of 25-35g protein and post workout around 60g.
    <Anxiety Crew>

Bodybuilding motivation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTBZCr0EuhY

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    0.8 g / lb is about all you need

So if you're 200 lbs, that's 160 g protein per day, 32 g / meal 5x a day

If you want to look into studies, here's a great recap by one of our resident doctors on the forum
    https://youtu.be/8CPjY25gwvA?si=KNovRizT48NmppBJ
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I go by daily macros and weekly/monthly micros.

How you do that is up to you. I've seen successful lifters who use a multitude of eating strategies from once per day to 8 times per day. It's really about the macro breakdown and your ability to be consistent with a given protocol.

4 meals of 25-35 grams of protein is pretty easy for me but so is one meal of 120 grams of protein (steak, eggs, protein shake). 8 meals wouldn't fit my lifestyle. Now, if you are a geared pro... this changes as anabolics seem to affect quite a bit.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

foodsnapz is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodsnapz is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodsnapz is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodsnapz is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodsnapz is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodsnapz is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodsnapz is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodsnapz is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodsnapz is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodsnapz is on a distinguished road. (+10) foodsnapz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by weppe View Post
    Hey,
    I haven't checked in for about 10 years and back then there was a lot of talk about how much protein your muscle can use per meal.
    Now there's so many diet plans and options, youtuber gurus are all over the place with different information.

Has anyone come to a conclusion?
    Maybe you have done it some way and didn't make a difference?

I myself try to eat 6 meals of 25-35g protein and post workout around 60g.
    Great discussion, everyone! I've been following along and appreciate the different insights. My take on this is that while optimally spreading out protein intake throughout the day might be ideal for stimulating muscle protein synthesis and managing satiety, the key really lies in ensuring we meet our total daily protein and nutrient requirements.

I believe that as long as we're hitting our overall nutritional goals, especially in terms of protein intake, we're on the right track. This approach not only supports muscle growth and repair but also allows for flexibility to suit our individual lifestyles and eating preferences. After all, consistency and adaptability in our diet are just as crucial as the diet itself.

So, whether it's through 3-4 meals or 6 smaller ones, what matters most is finding a balance that works for each of us personally, in alignment with our fitness objectives. It's all about the bigger picture of daily nutrition rather than just focusing on each meal in isolation.
    Our AI app makes calorie tracking easy. Just take a photo of your meal. It can even talk to you about your diet!
    https://www.foodsnapz.com/intro