kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Deadlift Inclusion

Mike Israetel says deadlifts probably aren't ideal in a bodybuilding routine because the fatigue cost is too high, and its target is too non-specific. I've been including it on back day as I rebuilt from beginner to intermediate again after a long layoff, and it got me back to my former strength and size very quickly. As I've gotten into the 400s for 5s, however, it is indeed ruining the rest of my back workout. I get out of breath for like 15 minutes straight after the last set of deads and feel like I'm gonna die. Is this much intensity necessary to grow a back? A lot of what deadlifts work aren't even a goal of mine on back day - hams, glutes, quads - those are hit plenty on leg days. Even lower back is hit plenty hard on leg day.

I was thinking of just doing this instead:
    Barbell Rows
    Pulldowns
    Face Pulls

For back. My number 1 goal for back is bigger traps. You can clearly tell how much they suck relative to everything else in my profile pic. I do shrugs on another day btw.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends on your form for what you want to focus on, but those 3 exercises together sound good

Maybe add shrugs at the end if that's what you want extra focus on

I personally don't like larger upper traps

► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Deadlift variations tend to be a good option. RDL's are a great alternative as are KB swings. Dorian Yates did deadlifts at the end of his back days and did them in a very specific way (google Yates Deadlifts). Jay Cutler currently does them at the end of his workouts for relatively light weight just to hit the erectors a bit more.

I would however consider doing Sadiv Deadlift sets once a month to keep that form and strength, maybe even with a trap bar.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    Deadlift variations tend to be a good option. RDL's are a great alternative as are KB swings. Dorian Yates did deadlifts at the end of his back days and did them in a very specific way (google Yates Deadlifts). Jay Cutler currently does them at the end of his workouts for relatively light weight just to hit the erectors a bit more.

I would however consider doing Sadiv Deadlift sets once a month to keep that form and strength, maybe even with a trap bar.
    I think the notion of doing deadlifts last is a good idea. Mike Israetel said the same thing. Reason is back is more likely to be the limiting factor after doing other back exercises, and you won't be able to go as heavy i.e. tax the CNS as much.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    I think the notion of doing deadlifts last is a good idea. Mike Israetel said the same thing. Reason is back is more likely to be the limiting factor after doing other back exercises, and you won't be able to go as heavy i.e. tax the CNS as much.
    As I've gotten into the 400s for 5s, however, it is indeed ruining the rest of my back workout. I get out of breath for like 15 minutes straight after the last set of deads and feel like I'm gonna die.
    Dude just rest for as long as you need to and/or lower the weight. If your primary goal is bodybuilding, just do a top set of 400s for 5. Then lower the weight & do a couple of backoff sets to get some extra work in.

And do them on a leg day. That way the DLs are supplementing your back work, not detracting from it.

Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100) Thetoplesschef is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you're natty deadlifts are more for upping your natural test levels than the best back exercise for hypertrophy. I like powerlifting so I'm into deadlifts, but never expect best results for bodybuilding. Bent over rows are better.

aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mike Israetel says deadlifts probably aren't ideal in a bodybuilding routine because the fatigue cost is too high, and its target is too non-specific. I've been including it on back day as I rebuilt from beginner to intermediate again after a long layoff, and it got me back to my former strength and size very quickly. As I've gotten into the 400s for 5s, however, it is indeed ruining the rest of my back workout. I get out of breath for like 15 minutes straight after the last set of deads and feel like I'm gonna die. Is this much intensity necessary to grow a back? A lot of what deadlifts work aren't even a goal of mine on back day - hams, glutes, quads - those are hit plenty on leg days. Even lower back is hit plenty hard on leg day.

I was thinking of just doing this instead:
    Barbell Rows
    Pulldowns
    Face Pulls

For back. My number 1 goal for back is bigger traps. You can clearly tell how much they suck relative to everything else in my profile pic. I do shrugs on another day btw.
    Just a thought, if you are out of breath for 15 minutes after, maybe you need to do some cardio 2 or 3 times a week to increase your endurance? I would think you would be back to normal breathing after a couple of minutes. BTW, if that is you in the profile picture, you look pretty darn good.