Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's wild that recently as ~2007? , $50k was arguably considered "making it"

You could live on your own, drive a decent vehicle, vacation once or twice a year, and still save money.

I remember seeing 1 BR apartments in my town advertised as ~$650/ month for rent. I was only 13 at the time, but thought that was more than attainable.

It's now 2023, I make ~$58k per year at my job and an additional ~$6k yearly through a side hustle.

That same 1 BR in my town is ~$1500 per month, the car market is nuts, and general cost of living is out of control.

To have the same quality of living today that someone earning my salary would have in 07, you at minimum need at least one roommate and drive a beater. Home ownership is a pipe dream at sub $100k salary .

It's amazing how far we've fallen as a society and how complacent everyone is.
    Reps to all BJJ/grappling/MMA bros.

The Blackpill Prophet N0stradamus's Avatar
    N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP has never said what his job is. Is he a tradie? a cubiclecuck?

Kinda hard for us to counsel you if you don't tell us your current career path and job skills.
    Everything I post is satire.

GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by friesbruh View Post
    i really dont talk about how much i make with any family, only some friends or online with people who dont know me.

its one of those weird things where, if you make more than your parents or even brothers, there can begin to be some weird resentment or ego issues.

chit, i had family try to tell me 4yrs ago that $30/hr was "killer money." okay, it might be but i wouldnt even consider taking a job unless it was over $40/hr and even then it doesnt compare to being your own boss (still working on that).
    I can relate in a sense. Sometimes I fear my dad will resent me but if he knew my goal in life is to earn enough to pay off his house then hopefully it makes him proud.

Definitely want to be my own boss one day tho. Closest taste I got was Amazon FBA, just didn’t have enough capital to scale.

Originally Posted by N0stradamus View Post
    OP, I don't know you personally, but I'd wager you're one of those people that believe in "an honest day's work"... that's a poor man's mentality. That's not how you advance yourself in life.

The good news is that at 27 you're still young and can change your mindset.

STOP looking for ways to work harder to impress your superiors and hoping for a raise. START working less hard and look for opportunities within your organization or field to transition to a career path with growth potential.
    Kind of. I was raised on the values of hard work, integrity and go forth, but life experience taught me that the working man always gets phucked over in the end. My issue is that I just don’t know how to make money. I know how to hold down a job and work hard, but there’s a difference. I had to figure money management all out on my own because nobody in my life ever had any srs.

I’m currently a white collar wage slave, sitting at a cubicle all day, auditing financials for a corporation. It’s the most miserable life yet it pays more than I’ve ever made before by far. Sometimes I feel like I’m selling my soul.

Originally Posted by greenleaf View Post
    Nice click bait title. Was expecting "my life is better than yours" flex LOL.
    I don’t fraud on the misc (100% ded fkin srs).

Originally Posted by Visel View Post
    $24/hr ($50k/yr) is pretty decent at age 27 IMO. It's about what I'd expect if you're entry level in the private industry, or have a little bit of tenure at a public gig. It just kinda feels worse now because of inflation / CoL increases despite average wages staying relatively close to the same.

It's not about how much you make. It's about how much you save, and what you can do with that excess amount. If you're affording your CoL and destroying your debts (or are even debt free), then you're making it IMO.

20's is about finding out what you want to do with the rest of your life, making efforts to make that happen and enter the career (or even swap careers), paying off debts, and setting your 30s and beyond up for success.

I'm 28 and make more than 95% of people I personally know. Granted, in my industry / college major, some people make more that I'm aware of and they account for the 5%. Exclude them and I'd change that number to 99%.
    Thanks brah. Well said. The only source of pride I have is that I’ve accomplished this without a college degree. Living debt free right now, it feels like I should be making it, but dat dere inflation has been broootally painful.

Registered User HayZues Christi's Avatar
    HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm one of the poorest of my friends.

Used to be one of, if not the wealthiest.

Circle changed.
    Ol' 71st street. The devil that birthed me.

606 G0D.

TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You know lots of miscers who make more than you though

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GuineaDago585 View Post
    I’m currently a white collar wage slave, sitting at a cubicle all day, auditing financials for a corporation. It’s the most miserable life yet it pays more than I’ve ever made before by far. Sometimes I feel like I’m selling my soul.
    That's a regulated area with professional qualifications, so it gives you a path for advancement. It isn't always about where we are right now, as much as it is where we are heading.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

imiscubb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) imiscubb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) imiscubb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) imiscubb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) imiscubb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) imiscubb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) imiscubb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) imiscubb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) imiscubb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) imiscubb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) imiscubb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nonsense916 View Post
    You won’t start making real money until you find a side gig or work for yourself completely
    Truth pill

The Blackpill Prophet N0stradamus's Avatar
    N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) N0stradamus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

You work in a finance-related job but only make $24/hr? That's what most companies pay their summer interns.... That's what I got paid back in 2005.....

Boyo, you're seriously getting taken advantage of.
    Everything I post is satire.

LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don’t understand how everyone on the misc is earning at or near 6 figures. I truly don’t.
    It isn't 'everyone' - that's why MrAWatts was so desperate to create the 6 figures club (gross, mind you - not net) years ago. Then he got mogged, on income and height, so he left.

Ask yourself how many executives on multiple six figures a year you know who maintain 12% body fat.

Exactly.

bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thread title is misleading

impossible at 27 years old, you don't know of many people making more than $24/hour.

do you live on a farm in the middle of no where?

MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LogicalLifts View Post
    It isn't 'everyone' - that's why MrAWatts was so desperate to create the 6 figures club (gross, mind you - not net) years ago. Then he got mogged, on income and height, so he left.

Ask yourself how many executives on multiple six figures a year you know who maintain 12% body fat.

Exactly.

My rent is $4500/mo
    535 deadlift.
    *If you can't lift it without straps you can't lift it crew
    *Morrowind is the best game of all time crew
    *Double everything Chipotle Crew
    *Style crew
    *Sig line can't be a novel crew

Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Are you an immigrant OP? The mentality of hard work will carry you sounds very immigrant like.

It’s a solid base, and you have a lot more going for you than those without work ethic, but you can’t funnel that into making more money for your company, or your direct supervisor, etc.

You basically work just enough to stand out a bit to guarantee raises, and avoid layoffs (not very hard to do because so many are just bad at most things), and the real energy goes into improving yourself and your life.

Say you want to continue being a worker. At least find a way to get into the sweet spot, which is those low-mid six figure jobs that actually require less overall work than the 50-60k range jobs. The work will just be more skilled.

Example of cyber security.
    Most entry level jobs are at a soc. That’s the fast food equivalent in terms of volume of work and pace, but you can learn A TON in even a few months as long as you care. That’s how I started.

I’m a threat hunter now, and our workload is so much smaller but every hunt is much more complicated than a standard soc tech, or even a senior soc tech can handle. Even if the senior had the skill he’s bogged down with mindless alerts.

I’m sure it’s similar in other industries.
    Lurking since '05 - the days of VS gorilla/cloud/goku threads

bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicmane102 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MrAWatts View Post
    My rent is $4500/mo
    mirin ur rates

LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LogicalLifts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My rent is $4500/mo
    You hadn't posted in 25 days, but did so after I mentioned ethering you a mere 25 minutes after my post.

P.S - NYC here, what do you think your rent claims show? I have a colleague paying around 12000/month for her place here. Know what that means? (She's junior to me - significantly).

my expenses this month...

probably spent another 20k

MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You hadn't posted in 25 days, but did so after I mentioned ethering you a mere 25 minutes after my post.

P.S - NYC here, what do you think your rent claims show? I have a colleague paying around 12000/month for her place here. Know what that means? (She's junior to me - significantly).

I've had a paycheck over $67k this year, how about you.

Also, congrats on being a wagie LARPing as a titan of industry. Don't fall off your scaffolding at work today
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

Rebal012 is a complete loser! (-2000) Rebal012 is a complete loser! (-2000) Rebal012 is a complete loser! (-2000) Rebal012 is a complete loser! (-2000) Rebal012 is a complete loser! (-2000) Rebal012 is a complete loser! (-2000) Rebal012 is a complete loser! (-2000) Rebal012 is a complete loser! (-2000) Rebal012 is a complete loser! (-2000) Rebal012 is a complete loser! (-2000) Rebal012 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    You work in a finance-related job but only make $24/hr? That's what most companies pay their summer interns.... That's what I got paid back in 2005.....

STOP IGNORING ME U RETARD. x

I've had a paycheck over $67k this year, how about you.

Also, congrats on being a wagie LARPing as a titan of industry. Don't fall off your scaffolding at work today
    ManletLifts is a huge larper. This is known lol

Originally Posted by bicmane102 View Post
    manletlifts is a huge larper. This is known lol
    lol, on spread
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

�็็็็ กิิิิิิิ ิิิิิ$ ก็็ drakkarman's Avatar
    drakkarman is a name known to all. (+5000) drakkarman is a name known to all. (+5000) drakkarman is a name known to all. (+5000) drakkarman is a name known to all. (+5000) drakkarman is a name known to all. (+5000) drakkarman is a name known to all. (+5000) drakkarman is a name known to all. (+5000) drakkarman is a name known to all. (+5000) drakkarman is a name known to all. (+5000) drakkarman is a name known to all. (+5000) drakkarman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    there still paying 7.25 cents a hour at some state jobs after taxes ss it would be about 4 bucks a hour .

lol, on spread
    Of course you are, because you've been crying about "old money" and the folks that mogged you on this forum for years.

Hence my post, to which it took you minutes to reply after not posting for 25 days.

Seethe, manlet. LOL

Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Peacening has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When I was 26 I was looking for a new career and I heard there was a lot of people in my city making over 100k being self-employed offering a specific service. I did a certification course, network a little bit, got a job working for someone else to build my skills and pretty soon went out on my own and was making 100k by the time I was 30. Now I make over double that because I worked really hard and got some really lucky breaks.

You can replicate this process in any location for just about any service. A lot of people need tree and lawn services in your area? Live somewhere where lots of people have pools that need maintenance? Etc etc. Figure it out if that's what you want.
    HTC
    Proud Dad crew
    6'4" height of the gods

Of course you are, because you've been crying about "old money" and the folks that mogged you on this forum for years.

Hence my post, to which it took you minutes to reply after not posting for 25 days.

Seethe, manlet. LOL

Well you made a post about me being gone for years. Interesting how I have lived rent free in that head for so long

Also LOL at thinking old money is impressive. If you think being born into a financial situation and have zero impact on earning your fortune is somehow impressive, then you are regarded.
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol at the autist idol worship of money

GrandTheftAuto6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrandTheftAuto6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrandTheftAuto6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrandTheftAuto6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrandTheftAuto6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrandTheftAuto6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrandTheftAuto6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrandTheftAuto6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrandTheftAuto6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrandTheftAuto6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrandTheftAuto6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nonsense916 View Post
    You won’t start making real money until you find a side gig or work for yourself completely
    Im saving to do this

Biggest loads in the NW IlChosenOne's Avatar
    IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlChosenOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My rent is $4500/mo
    Fkn lol

Your landlord thanks you for your service in paying off his mortgage

Rents due Wednesday
    * Rawdog crew * Creampie crew * Poverty crew *

Haven't worn a condom since middle school crew

* HTC crew *

Well you made a post about me being gone for years. Interesting how I have lived rent free in that head for so long

Also LOL at thinking old money is impressive. If you think being born into a financial situation and have zero impact on earning your fortune is somehow impressive, then you are regarded.
    Is it rent free? Or did you pre-pay rent in advance by frauding about your height (LOL), and being proud to have hit 6 figures gross?

I know about your humble beginnings - 100% serious, and I'm happy for you. But your mistake was acting like you mog, see? And, even ITT, trying to brag that you pay a lot of rent?

Hint: Rent's due! Payments reach me tomorrow already! LOL

worst poster on the misc Nonsense916's Avatar
    Nonsense916 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nonsense916 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nonsense916 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nonsense916 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nonsense916 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nonsense916 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nonsense916 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nonsense916 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nonsense916 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nonsense916 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nonsense916 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I only made 17 this month

It’s over (srs)
    Losers let it happen, winners make it happen.

Nonsense Army Crew.

blazenbb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blazenbb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blazenbb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blazenbb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blazenbb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blazenbb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blazenbb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blazenbb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blazenbb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blazenbb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blazenbb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eatliftskate View Post
    I make twice as much as you and I’m 24
    There’s always a bigger younger mogger. I was making over 4x what you did at 21. Srs. Yet I would still get occasionally mogged in la

GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Yep and I’ve had people online tell me the same that I’m severely underpaid, but irl it’s a completely different story. Old friends literally think I’m rich when I’m struggling lmao. There’s a discrepancy in POV and/or maybe just the economic environment of my city.

However if I check indeed for similar jobs, $18-22/hr seems about average for starting pay srs. There are higher salaried jobs listed too, but those required either a degree or higher degree of specialized experience, of which I have neither.

For my starting socioeconomic class, I think I am doing well.

Originally Posted by Kawhilights View Post
    Are you an immigrant OP? The mentality of hard work will carry you sounds very immigrant like.

It’s a solid base, and you have a lot more going for you than those without work ethic, but you can’t funnel that into making more money for your company, or your direct supervisor, etc.

You basically work just enough to stand out a bit to guarantee raises, and avoid layoffs (not very hard to do because so many are just bad at most things), and the real energy goes into improving yourself and your life.

Say you want to continue being a worker. At least find a way to get into the sweet spot, which is those low-mid six figure jobs that actually require less overall work than the 50-60k range jobs. The work will just be more skilled.

Example of cyber security.
    Most entry level jobs are at a soc. That’s the fast food equivalent in terms of volume of work and pace, but you can learn A TON in even a few months as long as you care. That’s how I started.

I’m a threat hunter now, and our workload is so much smaller but every hunt is much more complicated than a standard soc tech, or even a senior soc tech can handle. Even if the senior had the skill he’s bogged down with mindless alerts.

I’m sure it’s similar in other industries.
    Not an immigrant at all lol. 3rd generation Italian-American although it’s funny you bring that up because my grandfather was an FOB Sicilian immigrant and he taught my dad what I was taught about work and money, so I suppose there’s the explanation.

I have tremendous respect for the working man and truthfully work is all I know. I was raised working class. I’m essentially a tradie in an officel world. That being said, I do understand that working smarter rather than harder is the key to success in today’s competitive marketplace. I’m just still learning how to put that into real world action. It’s discouraging when you start from nothing as I did. No savings, no inheritance, no capital to play with. I was fairly entrepreneurial in my early 20s, but never had enough starting money to make a big play. So I took L’s and kinda gave up.

Most people I grew up around were losers who became junkies. They had no vision or hopes for a better future. That’s precisely why I am the highest earning of my friend group today.