radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

IM Super Bench Pro Leg Attachment experience?

Typically I prefer free weights for leg day, but I'm moving into a more bodybuilding style of training, so being able to perform lying leg curls and seated extensions is appealing. Unless I'm going to expand my home gym from the basement to the garage, I don't have space for the dedicated machine I'd like to own. Anyone use the SB Pro attachment? Looks like it performs adequately and I'm thinking I could drill a couple of band peg holes to improve the resistance curve.

https://www.ironmaster.com/products/leg-attachment-pro/
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Typically I prefer free weights for leg day, but I'm moving into a more bodybuilding style of training, so being able to perform lying leg curls and seated extensions is appealing. Unless I'm going to expand my home gym from the basement to the garage, I don't have space for the dedicated machine I'd like to own. Anyone use the SB Pro attachment? Looks like it performs adequately and I'm thinking I could drill a couple of band peg holes to improve the resistance curve.

https://www.ironmaster.com/products/leg-attachment-pro/

I use it 1-2 times a week on my lower split days, the resistance curve I feel is better on the leg extension portion than the leg curl portion (it isn't bad, it's just OK mainly in part due to the resistance stopping at the top where it should be getting the extra contraction). I think all the bench attached ones have their quirks, the IM one's a cheaper alternative to the stand alones and gets the job done...with the band peg idea you mentioned, or maybe getting creative with a low pulley system and the attachment I'd imagine you can find a way to manipulate the strength curve on it.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #80 ▪█─────█▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #16 ▪[M]====[6]▪

▪█─█▪ Certified workout equipment addict ▪█─█▪

"We're all gonna be alright crew, we got this!"

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I use it. It works well. Max weight I think is 200 pounds. It's easy to do the leg extensions one leg at a time if that is a limiting factor. You do lose tension at the top of the leg curl potion but that should not matter much in the grand scheme of things even without bands as studies generally show greater benefit training muscles in their lengthened positions.
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    I use it. It works well. Max weight I think is 200 pounds. It's easy to do the leg extensions one leg at a time if that is a limiting factor. You do lose tension at the top of the leg curl potion but that should not matter much in the grand scheme of things even without bands as studies generally show greater benefit training muscles in their lengthened positions.

I tend to go slow on the eccentric portion at the bottom with the attachment, it does give a good stretch and that part does feel effective.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #80 ▪█─────█▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #16 ▪[M]====[6]▪

▪█─█▪ Certified workout equipment addict ▪█─█▪

"We're all gonna be alright crew, we got this!"

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I sold a ParaBody leg ext/curl machine during lockdown and bought the IM attachment to replace it. Aside from having to hook up the attachment I really like the purchase/replacement. I also really like the space savings. I have the opposite experience to the others. I prefer the feel of the leg curl on the IM attachment than I did to the Parabody stand alone machine, that one had the hips raised. I feel the contraction better on the IM than I did on the ParaBody. I preferred the feel of the leg extension on the ParaBody than I do to the IM attachment, I don't feel like I can get the contraction to fully extend at the top of the movement, it's hard to explain why, except that I feel like I'm forced to lean too far forward. I may try to lean back more or all the way, ala Tom Platz to see if that feels better. I don't miss having the back support during leg extensions like I thought I would. Regardless I'm happy with the purchase. If you don't have a stand alone unit to compare it to and already have the IM SuperBench Pro, personally I feel it's a no-brainer.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I’ll echo the general sentiments shared by everyone else.
    It’s not perfect, but it’s really good for a bench attachment. Far better than I expected. Unless both space and cost are not factors, it’s definitely worth the investment in my opinion.
    The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Appreciate the insight! I'm on spread with DVO and thedickus but repped otherwise. Looks like a good one to pick up next time they have a sale. Too bad I missed Labor Day, but I didn't know I wanted it two weeks ago.

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I attach a band to the front leg of the bench to around the weight horn. Then I have constant tension throughout leg curls and extensions.

Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    I attach a band to the front leg of the bench to around the weight horn. Then I have constant tension throughout leg curls and extensions.
    Nice. I thought that might work. I'd rather not drill if I don't have to.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have and use it, think I got it 6 years ago or something. I use it for leg curls, leg extensions, some decline exercises, and incline benchpress - it'll work just takes a little messing with. Leg curls seem to lose tension once the lever goes past vertical angle, but short of doing them standing with ankle straps and the weight attached to your foot, this is one of your best options for small home sizes. If ever you max the weight on extensions/curls, move onto single leg versions to up the challenge. I think it's a good purchase.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One other caveat on this attachment, I believe even IM's website says it works best with the hybrid pad. The newest IM Superbench comes standard with the hybrid pad, I had already bought the pad and was using it prior to buying the leg ext/curl attachment and can see that the leg extension movement wouldn't feel as comfortable without having the wider end of they hybrid pad at the end where the ext/curl attachment goes in.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good info here.

I can do leg curls with my current bench, my functional trainer, and ankle cuffs, but, it's a bit awkward and they're not great. Haven't figured out how to go leg extensions.

I plan to get a Superbench Pro the next time they're on sale (wasn't ready around Labor Day). I doubt I'll get this attachment right away. I'm more interested in the attachment to do decline ab crunches. (That's one of the three reasons I want to upgrade my current bench--it hasn't enough decline to make them challenging.) But, this attachment is definitely On The List.

Hmmm... if they'd included the ability to lock the thing in the down position it could double as a decline ab crunch attachment, maybe...?
    Last edited by Michiganian; 09-21-2023 at 12:57 PM.

Originally Posted by Michiganian View Post
    Good info here.

I can do leg curls with my current bench, my functional trainer, and ankle cuffs, but, it's a bit awkward and they're not great. Haven't figured out how to go leg extensions.
    I was similarly able to do standing leg extensions by standing on a block and attaching my ankle to the cable trolley above my butt. You extend your captive foot down towards your other foot that's standing on the block. The block is just so you don't bottom out. It works OK but is also a bit awkward and it helps to have something to hold onto for balance.
    Last edited by radrd; 09-29-2023 at 05:54 AM.