protein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to use creatine

I have read that one should take creatine togehter with whey protein immediately after a workout. the question is : creatine powder comes with 3 times carb sugar !! why is that - would that be too much sugars to take in after a workout ?

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What brand of creatine do you have? Do you have a link with the information?

BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Creatine should generally be taken with water. Except post work out, you'll want to have it with a bit of sugar, give the C a free ride to your muscles. Sugar is very important post workout, probably just as important as your post w/o shake.

no specific brand in mind but I went to GNC and took a look at their brand, as well as other brands that they are selling and I see that the creatine contains 60g of carb !! if it gives you that much sugar than do I still need to take gatorade with whey protein post-workout or would whey protein + creatine be good enough (since creatine already has that much sugar) ?

darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i use growling dog creatine. 99% pure.

If i want to load it recommends taking 25g per day in divided doses. Why not take it all at once? Can you take it all at once or is there a good reason for not doing so?

no actually I 'm new to the use of creatine and I'm trying to figure out how to take it. so I have no idea what you meant by loading it or taking all at once ?? is creatine like a post-workout supplment or is it for pre-workout ? so just make sure I get a pure creatine with no sugar ?

jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000)
    -well bro u need to do some research
    -5 grams per day should be enough
    -on traing days post wo and no wo days in the morning is fine
    -loading is used to achieve quick muscle saturation and thus quick results but it is not necessary to load since the saturation will occur anyway it just takes longer
    -i like to cycle every 6-8 weeks on and then 6-8weeks off but this is debatable
    -get at least!!! 1.5gallons of water in per day while on it imho
    -dextrose can help the absorption but it is not a necessity
    -try good pure creatine first like prolabs 100%pure, straight etc
    -swole v2 and v12 are great alternatives
    -read this bro:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=100831
    hope this helps
    peace
    j
    Last edited by jhov; 11-02-2003 at 06:48 PM.

BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5g a day? yeah if your 100 pounds. OK protein if your gonna buy creatine buy pure creatine. If it has carbs in it, then it is some kinda blend. That is not really bad, but for some one starting out it is sure to be confusing. loading is ussually 5 grams 4-6 times a day and maintanince is 2-3 depending on your body weight. try
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/creatine.html
    for a bit more info.
    Last edited by BigBoogie; 11-03-2003 at 10:31 AM.

Plop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by darklord

If i want to load it recommends taking 25g per day in divided doses. Why not take it all at once? Can you take it all at once or is there a good reason for not doing so?
    gday fellow aussie

i believe i use the sdame creatine as you, which is by the comapny musashi.

Do you think it has worked for you ? i think it has done jack crap for me, so i am going to switch to another brand and give that a go.

Bardock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Plop
    gday fellow aussie

i believe i use the sdame creatine as you, which is by the comapny musashi.

Do you think it has worked for you ? i think it has done jack crap for me, so i am going to switch to another brand and give that a go.
    I use growling dog too. Its got that spastic dog which needs to be put down on the front of it. Whatever you dont switch to bodybalance, its ****box.
    Train for strength and size, not ego.

Plop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Bardock
    I use growling dog too. Its got that spastic dog which needs to be put down on the front of it. Whatever you dont switch to bodybalance, its ****box.
    i used that one for a month now.......absolutley no effect at all !

Ex-Trainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by BigBoogie
    5g a day? yeah if your 100 pounds.
    I weigh just over 200 lbs and 5g works very well for me. You need to experiment and find what works. Pure creatine is the only thing I use. I mix it in a VERY small amount of juice. Works great. IMO loading is a total waste.
    5' 9"
    202 lbs.
    7% BF

Hard work... priceless

if your 200 pound and only taking 5g you may as well not take any and save your $$.

Looks Like Chris Benoit musclemidget's Avatar
    musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Plop
    i used that one for a month now.......absolutley no effect at all !

you might be a nonresponder. a certain percentage of people dont get any results from creatine.

if your 200 pound and only taking 5g you may as well not take any and save your $$.
    Works just fine for me. Money well spent. It is night and day between the days I take creatine and when I haven't. The fatique during and between sets to muscle failure is non-existant. No reason to take more or "save my money".
    5' 9"
    202 lbs.
    7% BF

Hard work... priceless

chunkyaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chunkyaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey BigBoogie, if someone told you that his method is working fine for him, accept that. I cant tell anybody what workout / alimentation to adopt for bringing good result, everybody's unique, and you cant do a thing about it, like no one can. Learn that what's working for you will not work for everyone else.
    Free Newsletter and ******** Community : TrainAthome Fitness
    Join us !
    www.trainathome.info

darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10) darklord is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When i first started using Growling Dog Creatine (it was my first time using creatine at all) my strength in my legs increased like you would not believe, in 2 weeks i added 60kg to the 45degree leg press and could still get 8 - 10 reps over 3 sets, i was pretty happy with that.

however i tend to have about 25g a day, i used to have divided doses, now i just have it all in one hit

CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

5g a day? yeah if your 100 pounds. OK protein if your gonna buy creatine buy pure creatine. If it has carbs in it, then it is some kinda blend. That is not really bad, but for some one starting out it is sure to be confusing. loading is ussually 5 grams 4-6 times a day and maintanince is 2-3 depending on your body weight. try
    for a bit more info.
    Wrong, that is throwing money down the toilet. Studies have shown that if you take 5 grams/day or 20 grams/day, you will have the same amount of creatine in your muscles at the end of a 30 day period. Like said above, you can load up for a few weeks if you want but it isnt neccesary. 15 grams per day on a maintenance dose and you'll be ****tin something that resembles the Nile.

show me one place on the internet where it says 5g is enough for a 200+ pound person. Thats a joke. Even BB.com suggests 5-15. But once again dosage is weight dependent. 5=20 thats even funnier. Im not saying 5g wont work, but it is defiently not enought to get the full benifet. And creatine doesn't even give you the ****s It makes you piss. And you only need to load for about a week.
    Last edited by BigBoogie; 11-06-2003 at 08:44 AM.

CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CHISELROCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Trust me, it gives you the ****s. I took 10 grams and I swear I could have etched my name in the bottom of the toilet. Like a laser man!

Hey its your money, feel free to "piss" it away

Thumbs up

Heres your info from BB.com pal.

A significant gain in physical performance in high-intensity exercise has been shown with creatine doses of 20 to 30 g/day, but more recent research is indicating that similar performance benefits are possible with much lower doses in the range of 2-5 grams/day though benefits may take longer to be noticed).

3rd paragraph taken form here:

Here's the 5th paragraph form the same article:

The most common regimen for creatine supplementation follows a two-phase cycle with a 5-10 day loading phase (20-25 g/day) followed by a variable length maintenance phase (2-5 g/day)to maintain muscle saturation. It is unclear, however, whether the loading phase is actually
    needed to achieve the same end result.
    Creatine absorption appears to be enhanced when the supplement is taken with a high-carbohydrate drink such as fruit juice.

This is from another article in the same thread:

Is it Necessary to Load on Creatine?

No it is not necessary to load but it can help you see results faster. You see to get the full benefit of creating you must saturate your muscle cells with it. Using a small dose (5g), this will take up to thirty days depending on the individual's lean body mass. However using a loading dosage of 15-25g per day for 5 days, one can quickly saturate the muscle cells in this time period and then use a maintenance dosage (3-5g) for the remainder of their time taking creatine. (Recent research shows that a loading phase longer than 3 days is useless - Icex999)

Do you want me to find more? That took me 2.76 minutes.
    Thats from Bodybuilding.com.

for a bit more info.
    Can you please show me where you got your loading and maintenance information from? 20-30 grams loading and 10-15 grams maintenance? HMMMMM. Bad info man. Your telling people to waste their hard earned money. This is no personal attack against you, but for the most part, people want to spare their $ when it comes to supplementation. On your advice, they would be spending 3 times as much money on creatine.

Oh, and here's your proof (found in the same link posted above)that it makes you crap like a madman in high doses like you suggest:

"I've started taking it for the first time. It's not easy to take though. It makes me feel sick and 15 minutes after taking it I **** like an elephant. Is this normal? I am taking doses of 15-30g as recommended by the manufacturer as a loading phase." -itch

It is not normal to have to have gastrointestinal problems with creatine. Your stomach obviously isn't agreeing with such a huge dose of creatine. The loading phase isn't even necessary, so just drop down to a 'maintenance level' of 3-5 grams of creatine per day.

Nuff said
    Last edited by CHISELROCK; 11-06-2003 at 11:21 AM.

What part of "it works just fine" did you miss? The whole reason I take creatine is for the endurance benefit during a workout. After a set of heavy squats or equivalent, it takes me several minutes to get my breathing rate down and regain my energy stores. With creatine I can finish a set to complete muscle failure and feel completely normal. I can go right to another bodypart without resting and go to failure there as well.

That is a huge benefit for me as I can crank out more reps each set and more sets in a given amount of time. Each body is different. I have been around the fitness scene for over 12 years. I am very familiar with what works for me and what doesn't. Check my profile if you need to know more about my fitness background.

If you want to go out and take 30g a day to make you feel better then go ahead. It's your body.
    Last edited by Ex-Trainer; 11-06-2003 at 11:24 AM.
    5' 9"
    202 lbs.
    7% BF

Hard work... priceless

Originally posted by Ex-Trainer
    What part of "it works just fine" did you miss? The whole reason I take creatine is for the endurance benefit during a workout. After a set of heavy squats or equivalent, it takes me several minutes to get my breathing rate down and regain my energy stores. With creatine I can finish a set to complete muscle failure and feel completely normal. I can go right to another bodypart without resting and go to failure there as well.

That is a huge benefit for me as I can crank out more reps each set and more sets in a given amount of time. Each body is different. I have been around the fitness scene for over 12 years. I am very familiar with what works for me and what doesn't. Check my profile if you need to know more about my fitness background.

If you want to go out and take 30g a day to make you feel better then go ahead. It's your body.
    Agreed It works how much you take is up to you. CHISELROCK you must be a retard cause almost everything you posted, go towards what I said. "A significant gain in physical performance in high-intensity exercise has been shown with creatine doses of 20 to 30 g/day, but more recent research is indicating that similar performance benefits are possible with much lower doses in the range of 2-5 grams/day though benefits may take longer to be noticed)."

notice the words similar, but and takes longer.

"The most common regimen for creatine supplementation follows a two-phase cycle with a 5-10 day loading phase "

aprox 1 week. Not a few weeks like you stated.

I use 12.5 to maintain and if it gave you the ****s, I would have them every day. Must have been something else you ate. Thanks for proving my point anyways.

Agreed It works how much you take is up to you. CHISELROCK you must be a retard cause almost everything you posted, go towards what I said. "A significant gain in physical performance in high-intensity exercise has been shown with creatine doses of 20 to 30 g/day, but more recent research is indicating that similar performance benefits are possible with much lower doses in the range of 2-5 grams/day though benefits may take longer to be noticed)."

notice the words similar, but and takes longer.

"The most common regimen for creatine supplementation follows a two-phase cycle with a 5-10 day loading phase "

aprox 1 week. Not a few weeks like you stated.

I use 12.5 to maintain and if it gave you the ****s, I would have them every day. Must have been something else you ate. Thanks for proving my point anyways.
    When exactly did you say that 2-5 grams maintenance dose is ok? Your the one that bashed it. You seem to think that 10-15 grams is needed per day for maintenance. Here, i'll put the above information in stupid terms for you so even you can understand it. :

THE OLD WAY
    20-30 grams/day = quicker loading, but not needed. Muscle cells will be at the same point of saturation after a 30 day period or so. Money wasted.

THE NEW WAY
    2-5 grams/day = slower loading, but the same amount of saturation as above over a 30 day period. = saved money

BIGBOOGER's LOADING and MAINTENACE SCHEDULE
    Loading = 20-30 grams/day
    Maintenace = 10-15 grams /day

You stated that 5 grams a day is worthless and you shouldn’t even waste your money. Here, i’ll post it for you again:

Now, your going against your original post and WITH my original post. Which is exactly what I wanted you to do.

You forgot to show me where you got your maintenance information from?

Get edumacated then come back with some solid and helpful answers that people want to read.

Bottom line people, read this to answer all of your creatine related issues. That will keep people like BigBoogie from throwing around bad information. This should be moved to the supplement forum:

footballjunior will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballjunior will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballjunior will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballjunior will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballjunior will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballjunior will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballjunior will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballjunior will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballjunior will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballjunior will become famous soon enough. (+50) footballjunior will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by darklord

only so much is absorbed at a time
    there is no beast without cruelty.

pain for pleasure, torture for leisure

lochick87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can I take Creatine at night?
    GO ASTROS! WE BEE-LIEVE!!

"Things can be different only of you make them different."

Oct 20 - 178
    Oct 27 -
    Nov 4 -
    Nov 11 -
    Nov 18 -
    Nov 25 -

Max Bench - 225
    Max Squat - 295
    May Leg Press - 340
    Max DB Curl - 35

You can take it anytime you wish. Heck, you can wake up at 2:30 in the am and take it if you want, but the question is this: Are you taking it at the time when its most beneficial to you?

lochick87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would it be alright to take it at night on my non-workout days?
    GO ASTROS! WE BEE-LIEVE!!

"Things can be different only of you make them different."

Oct 20 - 178
    Oct 27 -
    Nov 4 -
    Nov 11 -
    Nov 18 -
    Nov 25 -

Max Bench - 225
    Max Squat - 295
    May Leg Press - 340
    Max DB Curl - 35

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by lochick87
    Would it be alright to take it at night on my non-workout days?
    Try to take it the same time of day you would as on your workout days.