Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Back Routine Help...!!!

Can someone tell me/comment whether this is a goos back routine, I'm no really sure what the best order for doing these exercises is but this is what i have been doing -

- Wide Grip Chins: ? x whatever it takes to get to 40reps
    - Close Reverse Grip Chins: 3xfaliure
    - Deadlifts: 4-5 sets 4-10 reps
    - Bent Rows: 4x6-12
    - CG bent rows: 4x6-12(don't have cable machine/pulldown machine)
    - One-Arm Dumbell Rows: 3x6-10

Then I do biceps for about 8-10 sets

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Luke...to be honest with you, this seems like way too much and inefficient. Your exercise choices look good (compound exercises), but your sets and rep ranges are a little high.
    I would start with two or three sets of Deadlifts--they're king, baby--but I wouldn't go over six reps per set, resting about three minutes between. From there I would do only about four to six more sets total. One of the pullup exercises, bent-over rows and/or DB rows, for two sets each or choose two exercises for two or three sets. I would stay in the four to eight rep range. And rest would be about two to three minutes.
    As for biceps, I don't see a need for more than four or five sets, max, if following back. Utilize the same rep and rest scheme as above.
    Unstoppable Confidence

musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool

As Timbo said above, you are doing too many exercises for your back routine. Choose 3 good exercises, and do 3-4 sets of each. I would pick the following:

Wide Grip Chins
    Barbell Rows
    Deadlifts

These should be more than enough to build a wide and thick back.

Good Luck

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the help, ill try it, i was just under the impression since the back is such a big bodypart you should use more sets to build it up - I got that from the I.C.E. training articles by BigCat, but i see you guys have different opinions.

TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it depends on how long u've been training and yes it is my opinion you can do high sets for the back this is what i'd recommend

Bent Over Barbell Rows: 4 sets 8-12 reps
    Chins(wide grip)- however many it takes you to reach 50 reps
    close grip chins: however many you need to reach 25 reps
    Deadlifts: 3 sets 10-8,6 reps
    Good Mornings or Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 3 sets 8,6,4 reps

also if you have a certain area in your back you want to impove a lot then plz post it and ill try to help...(ex. lats, lowerback, upperback, etc.) or in a certain area (thickness, width)

yeah... i'm really looking to develop my lats (width and Length) the problem is i don't have a cable/pulley machine - I just have my rack with a chinning bar. I was thinking about doing that routine and then doing chins again at the end of my workout to bring my lats up, or maybe work them again during a different session....

TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    working them at the beginning or on a seperate day would be the best way to bring them up also do heavy shrugs and your traps take up a big portion of your middle back as well also if you dont feel like your making enough progress try doing your last set of bent over barbell rows as a strip set and try to throw in a few negative chins (hold a weight between your feet for added weight)
    "We slept in trenches under the tanks until we were awakened each morning at six. But I had another idea—my buddy and I would get up at five, open the tool compartment of the tanks where we stored our barbells, and exercise for an hour before everyone else woke up. After we finished maneuvers for the day, we would train for another hour. Finding the time for your workouts is simply a matter of motivation plus imagination."

"Normal people can be happy with a regular life. I was different. I felt that there was more to life than just plodding through an average existence.... I had it tougher than a lot of my companions because I wanted more, I demanded more. I was hungrier for success than anyone I knew."

"I lived by the training program. I was always master of writing out the programs. I knew that as soon as I put it down, the last thing I wanted to do was disappoint myself. I knew that I had to look in the mirror every day, and I could not look in the mirror and say, 'You know something? You're a ****ing loser. You cannot do the kind of sets and exercises that you write down.' I didn't want to face that."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Talking

Thx for the help...

no problem hope you see improvement and reach your goals
    "We slept in trenches under the tanks until we were awakened each morning at six. But I had another idea—my buddy and I would get up at five, open the tool compartment of the tanks where we stored our barbells, and exercise for an hour before everyone else woke up. After we finished maneuvers for the day, we would train for another hour. Finding the time for your workouts is simply a matter of motivation plus imagination."

"Normal people can be happy with a regular life. I was different. I felt that there was more to life than just plodding through an average existence.... I had it tougher than a lot of my companions because I wanted more, I demanded more. I was hungrier for success than anyone I knew."

"I lived by the training program. I was always master of writing out the programs. I knew that as soon as I put it down, the last thing I wanted to do was disappoint myself. I knew that I had to look in the mirror every day, and I could not look in the mirror and say, 'You know something? You're a ****ing loser. You cannot do the kind of sets and exercises that you write down.' I didn't want to face that."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger