furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

protein cause of bloating?

Hey,

I have always heard excess carbs can be the cause of bloating when gaining or losing weight, but my question is this. My diet is something like 60-80% protein, much of which consists of cottage cheese. I find myself and my face in particular to be bloated, could this actually be caused by my body's reaction to the exces of protein? Any ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

jimjupiter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Add some sugar free Metamucil or other fiber product to your diet. Also, if you eat a lot of cottage cheese or other milk products make sure you are not lactose intolerant.

Q-dogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

enzymes

These sucker really have made a huge difference in my life. I used to be bloated, of at least felt like that all the damn time while bulking. I take digestive enzymes, and pay attention to your chewing, make sure it is ready to be swallowed. I know that that was part of my problem also. I would chew chicken or whatever for like 5 chews and swallow. Now I chew until I know it is properly chewed. The fiber is also another great idea. Coffee can also help things, but it can also inhibit absorbense of nutrience.
    "Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and intimidates the neighbor, is henceforth called evil." --Nietzsche.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is most adaptable to change."

— Charles Darwin

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you are eating 60-80% of your diet in protein, chances are you are getting very little fibre. Most people need a minimum of 25-35g of fibre per day.

I am curious as to why you are eating so much protein. It seems rather excessive....... If you are trying to limit carbs, at least eat lots of fibrous veggies.

anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Probably you're eating too dairy products. Those often are ther cause of bloating. Noway proteins are causes of bloating.

I guess you should rebalance you're diet. 60-70% protein is too high. Why are you eating as much as protein?

Reduce amount of protein, eat some non processed complex carbs, veggies, some good fats and have variety in your diet. It's key.

sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    To reduce protein bloating, add some fiber as well as 1-4g Ginger Root daily. For each high protein meal, 1g Ginger Root prior to the meal/shake can help you a bit. Ginger Root stimulates digestion to promote gastrointestinal comfort and improves the digestion of proteins as well as diminishing the gastrointestinal side effects associated with high protein intake

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    i had all sorts of bloating problems while eating a high protein meals then it actually became a problem with nearly everything i ate.

i got some digestive enzymes which didn't help much at all then added 1000-1500 mg of ginger root twice a day about 8 hours apart and been good ever since.

it's great stuff. i did a search on bb.com's cyber store & they don't stock it

Richie

maxse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    guys couold u post some links to digestive enzymes and ginger roots?

Which type of enzymes do u sually take though? Bacteria, like acidophilus (spelling?)

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by maxse
    guys couold u post some links to digestive enzymes and ginger roots?

Which type of enzymes do u sually take though? Bacteria, like acidophilus (spelling?)
    here's one http://www.******************/?products_id=452

also look in the Cyberstore of this site for digestive enzymes.

they don't sell ginger root caps here unfortunately

Richie

rmatic1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cottage cheese is full of sodium...sodium =water retention... if ur gonna eat lots of cottage cheese, then drink up, and drink and drink.

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: protein cause of bloating?

Originally posted by furious420
    Hey,

I have always heard excess carbs can be the cause of bloating when gaining or losing weight, but my question is this. My diet is something like 60-80% protein, much of which consists of cottage cheese. I find myself and my face in particular to be bloated, could this actually be caused by my body's reaction to the exces of protein? Any ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

most of your protein intake should not come from cottage cheese.
    "Knowing is not enough, one must apply" ~ Bruce Lee

maxse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    richie the link was blocked. Send me a pm

Professional Eater Dedicatedforlife's Avatar
    Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try making this

instead of the usual oatmeal, use wheat bran

Add a cup of wheat bran to boiling water then simmer for 5 minutes, then add a cup of egg whites or a scoop of protein powder. You get about 30 grams of protein and 28 grams of fiber.

Exact Nutritional
    Protein 32g
    Carbs 32g
    Fibre 28 g
    Net 4 g
    Fat 3 g

axelism has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: protein cause of bloating?

Originally posted by furious420
    Hey,

Wow I envy that you can put down cottage cheese, I for the life of me can't do it. I have a very strong stomach, I can drink liquor with beer(don't drink like I used too) Just put it this way I can handle a lot, BUT I simply can't stomach cottage cheese.

In persuit of perfection. The Shizzy's Avatar
    The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Shizzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    are digestive ensymes/ ginger root (caps? ) available at any local drug store or only supplement places? i think i get a little water/protien bloating as well. i assumed it was water, but i'm not confident i get enough fibre in my diet.

i've implemented v8 for veggies, (hate em)
    and i do eat a banana a day..is that good? plus whatever else has fibre in it..what other types of foods do have fibre?
    ~

Intensity is what I do best.
    On the rise. My ascent is inevitable.

***respect only to natural lifters...***