lora4ca is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Messed my hormones - Help

Hi,

Long story short , i'm 26y.o , competed in 2021 , ended with binge eating , then bulimia and for the last 7-8months i would say i have a good relationship with food. Since sept last year i was diagnosticated with hypo and i'm on T4. I was feeling extremely fatigued, could'nt loose weight even if i exercised a lot and maintaining a healthy diet, i checked with my endo the thyroid and it was the problem. I would'nt say that now i'm feeling perfect but at least a little bit better, and we are yet adjusting the T4, BUT!! my other hormones are really bad, my libido is very very low , i have mood swings very frequently
    I checked again all my hormones 2 months ago, the estrogens and FSH where a little low but my endo said that because they are in the normal ranges i should not be aware, even if i said to her that my sex drive is low

And i have no idea what to do, what supps can i take to ennhace my libido ? I tried several but there was no result

Thanks

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Few questions, what's your height/weight now? What's your calorie intake and breakdown in terms of protein, carbs and fats? Are you taking bc?
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

I'm 163cm and 56kg , i didn't tracked my food the last 2-3 months, but i think it was very low in calories the most of the days, maybe maximum 1300cal with a lot of cardio
    From today i'll try to stick to 1700calories because i think my metabolism crushed and so my hormones, i can't loose at all weight , the macros will be aprox 140C 150P 60F

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lora4ca View Post
    I'm 163cm and 56kg , i didn't tracked my food the last 2-3 months, but i think it was very low in calories the most of the days, maybe maximum 1300cal with a lot of cardio
    From today i'll try to stick to 1700calories because i think my metabolism crushed and so my hormones, i can't loose at all weight , the macros will be aprox 140C 150P 60F
    At your stats you shouldn't be trying to lose weight at all. You didn't mention getting any professional help with your eating disorder, and that might be something you need to look into. The fatigue and low libido is due to low calorie intake and usually fat intake being too low. 1300 calories is too low and your body is fighting you every step of the way.
    When eating in a deficit for too long the body is missing out on important vitamins, minerals and nutrients needed to perform at it's best. Adding more exercise only burns you out and make things worse.

You need to get your calories back up to maintenance and stay there. The sooner you can do this your body will be able to adjust and things will start to go back to normal. I'd suggest closer to 1800 cals (130p/150c/75f) Follow a normal lifting routine and add a little bit of cardio to round out your training program.

Stay healthy and good luck to you!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    At your stats you shouldn't be trying to lose weight at all. You didn't mention getting any professional help with your eating disorder, and that might be something you need to look into. The fatigue and low libido is due to low calorie intake and usually fat intake being too low. 1300 calories is too low and your body is fighting you every step of the way.
    When eating in a deficit for too long the body is missing out on important vitamins, minerals and nutrients needed to perform at it's best. Adding more exercise only burns you out and make things worse.

You need to get your calories back up to maintenance and stay there. The sooner you can do this your body will be able to adjust and things will start to go back to normal. I'd suggest closer to 1800 cals (130p/150c/75f) Follow a normal lifting routine and add a little bit of cardio to round out your training program.

Stay healthy and good luck to you!
    Thanks Kim for your reply , yes i have a a professional and she is helping me with my ED , i'll see how my body is responding to 1700cals and from next week i'll increase them to 1800
    I'll improve and my sleeping schedule beacuse sometimes i'm sleeping only 6 hours and i'll give a feedback after 2 weeks with my results

Have a nice day 😊😊