mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does decline bench press even help?

I talked to a body builder at the gym the other day and he said he dosnet do decline bench because he dosent get anything from it and I dont ever see andy body do decline bench, is it really effective, usually I just do dumbell press, incline, flyes, cable press, hammer strength incline, and pec dec, 3-4 sets each??? Also what part of ur chest does decline work, the top, bottom or sides, I know these are stupid questions but I had to ask. Thanks

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mattlew62 View Post
    I talked to a body builder at the gym the other day and he said he dosnet do decline bench because he dosent get anything from it and I dont ever see andy body do decline bench, is it really effective, usually I just do dumbell press, incline, flyes, cable press, hammer strength incline, and pec dec, 3-4 sets each??? Also what part of ur chest does decline work, the top, bottom or sides, I know these are stupid questions but I had to ask. Thanks
    It is generally used to target the lower portion of your chest. It's more common for people to have overdeveloped lower pectorals then upper. Personally, I would concentrate on incline presses. Replace the pec dec with dips.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) G0tcha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    personally i wouldnt replace pec dec with dips because the pec dec hits your outer closer to ur pits whereas dips(chest dips/parallel bar) target your lowers somewhat like decline. When i have read and heard and just believe by personal experience, if you are power lifting (low rep high weight) you use the power lifters technique to bench. Using the power lifter techniques actually causes your lower pecs to come into play to help push the heavy weight. The technique is im sure most power lifters do it without even knowing what it is, is when you arch to your back while keeping your a$$ on the bench. Dont push the arch to where it starts to pinch or feel uncomfortable and done push with your feet against the ground. I dont even do decline myself, i do dips to target my lower. I would either do the dips or decline and keep pec dec. Also if your looking to gain in strength and mass then i would do BB press because you can use more weight then using DBs. BB flat press DB incline Hammer Strength Incline Cable Press Cable Flys Then dips. doing dips at the end are going to push your triceps to peak so i would suggest doing a good amount of reps for around 3-4 sets at night on your off workout nights to help build stamina in your triceps. Also it looks like youve got alot of exercises. I would suggest since it looks like you have 2 sets of exercises for each part, to do one set of each one week then the other set the other week something like this:

First Set Of Chest:
    BB Flat
    DB Incline
    Pec Dec(its my pref to use DBs because if you can do 80 90lbs on machine then try doing 2 40s 45s lbs with DBs on flat bench, your not gonna be able to do it)
    Dips Parallel Bar

Second Set Of Chest
    Cable Chest Press
    Hammer Strength Incline
    Cable Chest Flys
    Dips again or Decline BB or DBS

good luck

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    ppl still use pec wrecks ??? kill it!

decline is awesome.. tho i prefer to do dips myself..
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    decline is good because you use more chest and less front delts.
    1 year out!

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."

"If your out of breath, dizzy, feel like vomiting, can't remember your name, you are on the right road".

www.mindandmuscle.net

parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Also, because the position of your arms is closer to their "normal" spot (down at your sides), you can lift heavier than any of the other bench positions (just like incline is the hardest for most folks. You're farther away from normal arm position, useing more of the smaller muscles). I usually alternate each week between decline and incline w/flat bench as the staple and either standing low cable flys or flat flys. If you have a Hammer Smith decline, try it and go heavy (add at least a plate to each side).
    Poi Dog
    "I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me"
    -Archilocus 650 B.C.-

Elite Martial Science/TapOut Training Center LA
    หุ่นกระบอก
    TBA-SA Officiant
    Reps for life to: GMF, KB, and Rome

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    ppl still use pec wrecks ??? kill it!

decline is awesome.. tho i prefer to do dips myself..
    pec decks are fine if you got a good one in your gym and know how to use it properly. It's not meant to go all out on with crazy weights. I generally grab one handle while still not totally seated so I can easily reach for the other one and get them relatively close without straining my rotator cuff. Works for me and I got a bad rotator cuff.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigasssnowman View Post
    decline is good because you use more chest and less front delts.
    delt involvement is replaced with triceps
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taipan_342 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    pec decks are fine if you got a good one in your gym and know how to use it properly. It's not meant to go all out on with crazy weights. I generally grab one handle while still not totally seated so I can easily reach for the other one and get them relatively close without straining my rotator cuff. Works for me and I got a bad rotator cuff.
    pec deck is notoriously bad on shoulders, if it feels comfortable then keep doing it by all means but id much rather dips + they're a far better chest and strength developer.

Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've actually never performed decline presses. I do flat and incline (and flyes).

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by G0tcha View Post
    personally i wouldnt replace pec dec with dips because the pec dec hits your outer closer to ur pits whereas dips(chest dips/parallel bar) target your lowers somewhat like decline.
    But, he already has a fly movement in his routine. Therefore, doing dips in lieu of the pec dec would be a better alternative.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    delt involvement is replaced with triceps
    widen your grip and have your elbows out instead of in. i've never felt decline in my tris.
    1 year out!

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."

"If your out of breath, dizzy, feel like vomiting, can't remember your name, you are on the right road".

www.mindandmuscle.net

LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think decline is ridiculous. i've tried it a few times and realized each time how utterly useuless it is. it's the most akward motion and the part, albeit small percentage that your chest is actually used, is targeted in the lower portion which nobody really needs. yay for saggy pecs? noone wants tits so theres no point of doing the movement anyway. lol.

SlowRoasted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlowRoasted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlowRoasted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlowRoasted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlowRoasted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlowRoasted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlowRoasted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlowRoasted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlowRoasted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlowRoasted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlowRoasted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do decline press and get results. It was awkward at first, but after a while I got to where I can really isolate my lower chest.

Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wrestler432 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Decline is FAAARRRRR better than flat bench i have seen sooo many ppl move 315 on a flat that have no mass to their chest. let me tell you my argument. the decline almost fully takes out the engagement of the front shoulder and puts it straight on your chest and i think i can speak for eryone but would you rather have a massive chest or strong front shoulders? massive chest..also it gives you some sick tris bro. the average person can decline more than they flat because its a shorter movement. but guess what you still have to move it. you can overload the tris like crazy on this lift. also my fav part about this lift is it is by far the safest form of bench on your shoulders. the reason for this is your rotator cuff is never put in the awkward position that it is at the bottum of a flat and a little bit in the incline. do it right now pretend to flat and see how far your shoulder is rotated back and how vulnerable it is. now do that for decline.. see the diff. i hurt my rotator cuff doin weighted dips so i was out of benchin commision for a while so i was researchin a ton bout this cuz i cant stand not bein able to be lifting and i learned that about the decline. so i started to incorperate it more and in a matter of weeks my chest and tris grew dramaticlally. i gain tri size and my chest had a much more cut look and gained overall mass. decline is also proven to engage the most chest of all the benches. ik incline is very important to but ive tried it all and having my primary press lift as decline then incline has been a revolution in my weightlifting.
    Hope i could help bros if you disagree im happy to listen i wanna learn to.

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure if srs OP. Of course it helps, its a compound weight lifting exercise that is almost exactly the same thing as flat bench. I consider a substitute for flat bench and dip for people with bad shoulders. It is damn near as effective at targeting the entire sternal pec head as those other two exercises.

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LaxPro View Post
    albeit small percentage that your chest is actually used, is targeted in the lower portion which nobody really needs. yay for saggy pecs?
    Where on earth did you get this information from? It is entirely false. It uses most of your chest, and saggy pecs comes from fat. You store all the fat of the pec on the lower portion.

Take it from former Mr Olympia, go to 1:38.

Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love using decline. I feel it hitting my chest a lot more than flat. Many people on here claim it is dangerous and a crap exercise but try it and see if ti works for you. I love it! I do decline BB and Incline DB every time I hit chest and It feels better than doing flat. If you can't do it in a squat rack just make sure you can tell when your close to failure. It is a lot harder to bail on decline.

yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lendogg View Post
    I love using decline. I feel it hitting my chest a lot more than flat. Many people on here claim it is dangerous and a crap exercise but try it and see if ti works for you. I love it! I do decline BB and Incline DB every time I hit chest and It feels better than doing flat. If you can't do it in a squat rack just make sure you can tell when your close to failure. It is a lot harder to bail on decline.
    This. I havent done flat bb bennch in months. Just decline BB, Incline and flat db

thenesh4 is not very well liked. (-100) thenesh4 is not very well liked. (-100) thenesh4 is not very well liked. (-100) thenesh4 is not very well liked. (-100) thenesh4 is not very well liked. (-100) thenesh4 is not very well liked. (-100) thenesh4 is not very well liked. (-100) thenesh4 is not very well liked. (-100) thenesh4 is not very well liked. (-100) thenesh4 is not very well liked. (-100) thenesh4 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by G0tcha View Post
    personally i wouldnt replace pec dec with dips because the pec dec hits your outer closer to ur pits whereas dips(chest dips/parallel bar) target your lowers somewhat like decline. When i have read and heard and just believe by personal experience, if you are power lifting (low rep high weight) you use the power lifters technique to bench. Using the power lifter techniques actually causes your lower pecs to come into play to help push the heavy weight. The technique is im sure most power lifters do it without even knowing what it is, is when you arch to your back while keeping your a$$ on the bench. Dont push the arch to where it starts to pinch or feel uncomfortable and done push with your feet against the ground. I dont even do decline myself, i do dips to target my lower. I would either do the dips or decline and keep pec dec. Also if your looking to gain in strength and mass then i would do BB press because you can use more weight then using DBs. BB flat press DB incline Hammer Strength Incline Cable Press Cable Flys Then dips. doing dips at the end are going to push your triceps to peak so i would suggest doing a good amount of reps for around 3-4 sets at night on your off workout nights to help build stamina in your triceps. Also it looks like youve got alot of exercises. I would suggest since it looks like you have 2 sets of exercises for each part, to do one set of each one week then the other set the other week something like this:

First Set Of Chest:
    BB Flat
    DB Incline
    Pec Dec(its my pref to use DBs because if you can do 80 90lbs on machine then try doing 2 40s 45s lbs with DBs on flat bench, your not gonna be able to do it)
    Dips Parallel Bar

Second Set Of Chest
    Cable Chest Press
    Hammer Strength Incline
    Cable Chest Flys
    Dips again or Decline BB or DBS

good luck

PECTORALIS MAJOR IS AN ALL OR NOTHING MUSCLE. You can target upper and lower, (sternal and clavicular) you can't get sides and all that other BS you said. its all or nothing. 2 parts to the chest. Decline does nothing as it does not directly oppose your muscle fibers in ur chest. SCIENCE!

ASAP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASAP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASAP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASAP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASAP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASAP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASAP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASAP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASAP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASAP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASAP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It does

SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SteedLego has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I workout in my home gym. One piece of equipment I DON'T have are dip bars.

Honestly, decline is the best substitute for dips you can find. As others have said, it is almost identical to flat bench but targets the lower pecs more and the front delts less.

I agree you should focus more on inclines, but they are great if you can't do dips.

Great exercise.

mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by thenesh4 View Post
    PECTORALIS MAJOR IS AN ALL OR NOTHING MUSCLE. You can target upper and lower, (sternal and clavicular) you can't get sides and all that other BS you said. its all or nothing. 2 parts to the chest. Decline does nothing as it does not directly oppose your muscle fibers in ur chest. SCIENCE!
    There might not be side muscles but doing DB over BB will give your chest more width and work the sides of your chest. FACT

Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quake215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    old thread, but I'd like to chime in. I would say it helps...I think people are thinking of the body's pec muscles as a block....when the pecs are composed of fibers. My view is, if you are pressing something, it's going to help/build strength. I really believe you can target the "outside" of the pec, just as much as you can target the inside...fibers make the whole so why wouldn't you be able to?
    Army.
    Penn State.

JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's been six years, does OP have a good chest routine yet?

Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dont Judge Me has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JB1Million View Post
    LOL nice one. Just try things and do what works for you.
    www.freeworkoutlog.com - U Aware?

JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JB1Million View Post
    Lmao.
    Aesthetic Nutsack Crew
    Plays with balls as I MISC Crew
    No underwear Crew
    Raw dog Crew

Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love decline bench press! Can really feel the muscles! I always alternate them in my program, doin exercises for 3 different angles (EX: 1 day : flat bench press, incline DB press, decline DB press....2 day: Decline bench press, Incline Bench press, flat DB press, 3 day : Incline becn press and so on. Actually it was one of the most fav exercises of Dorian Yates, its not that im a huge fan but still
    Free eBook: http://beatsocialanxiety.net/free-book/

Latest Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbZbJNfvgY&list=UU7wARlI0wgpExP4yKPsS9Ug

*Herniated Disc Crew*
    *Saliva4Life Crew*

"Team sports can go to hell, I never gonna rely on some weak minded motherphucker to help me win a game, I will win it by myself" - George Leeman aka BabySlayer

*Team Evan Centopani*
    *Team James "Flex" Lewis"

FatalMusa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by thenesh4 View Post
    Couldn't be more wrong. The decline targets more of your chest than any other bench form. It is the greatest stimulation you can put on the main part of your chest, the pectoralis major. Downward and inward is where you target the WHOLE pec. THAT is SCIENCE.