fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

chocolate whey protein powder and caffeine

i bought a 10lb bag of chocolate protein powder from bbing.com and forgot to think that the caffeine might keep me awake. It seems that after noon i can't have anything with caffeine or it keeps me from sleeping, even a stupid little hersery kiss would probably keep me from sleeping i'm so affected by it. has anyone else had this problem?

jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what whey did u buy bro???? i dunno about caffeine in whey protein!??? list the ingredient please???
    peace
    j

Aspiring Polymath GhostfaceKillah's Avatar
    GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by jhov
    what whey did u buy bro???? i dunno about caffeine in whey protein!??? list the ingredient please???
    peace
    j
    Cocoa has naturally occuring caffeine in it I believe. Still, I doubt it will significantly impact your sleep.
    Creeping while you're sleeping.

"Like short sleeves, I bare arms." ~ Jay-Z

"Smile all up in your face then I break your chin." ~ P. (Mobb Deep)

fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    well it doesn't say it one the labels but most chocolate products don't list caffeine even though it contains it. also when i took it, i had trouble sleeping and thats the only thing i had that could have had that in it.

i bought the 100% whey from Optimum Nutriton

according to "A Doctors Guide to Food Remedies" foods containing chocolate may hinder a persons ablity to sleep even if eaten around lunch time.

So i have this 10lbs of protein powder so it kind of sucks, but i'll have to figure something out

jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by GhostfaceKillah
    Cocoa has naturally occuring caffeine in it I believe. Still, I doubt it will significantly impact your sleep.
    that was what i meant bro, i thought the ay how he said it it was a part of the ingredients or something that is why i reacted like that!!! i still doubt the amount will hinder ur rest bro!!!
    peace
    j

GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by jhov
    that was what i meant bro, i thought the ay how he said it it was a part of the ingredients or something that is why i reacted like that!!! i still doubt the amount will hinder ur rest bro!!!
    peace
    j
    Yeah, you know your stuff man, I'm not hating. There probably are some powders out there with caffeine added; companies will throw in anything and then make claims that it is the most ANABOLIC ingredient known to man.

Originally posted by GhostfaceKillah
    Yeah, you know your stuff man, I'm not hating. There probably are some powders out there with caffeine added; companies will throw in anything and then make claims that it is the most ANABOLIC ingredient known to man.
    yeah like muscle?????? i forget the name lmao
    i never said u were hating at all bro, u know ur **** as well btw, love the feedback threads . good luck with the supps bro
    peace
    j

thanks for the replys, currently i'm taking protein powder, swole v2, vitamins.

since you guys know your supps, what other ones would you suggest, or at least had good results?

Originally posted by fmusclekg

since you guys know your supps, what other ones would you suggest, or at least had good results?
    u are 17 bro!!! stick to the basics!!!
    protein
    mv
    efa's
    creatine (prolabs, swole v2, v12, straight)
    they give the best results bro. also do not forget that a good diet/nutrition, training (hard, heavy, full rom, efficiently) and rest are the most anabolic things i know of!!! supps are just that supps and nothing is more anabolic than a good diet, the rest just helps!!! there is no magic bullet bro, work hard and do all the above well and u will grow!!!
    peace
    j

Originally posted by fmusclekg

sup·ple·ment (n.)
    Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole.

They key is to get your diet and training down; only then will supplementation make much of a difference. Protein, creatine/swole, and a multi (and some EFAs) are the only supplements you really need, especially being young. Stick with what you've got, you've started out correctly.

yeah, thanks i know that what i eat is very important, thats certainly where the dedication part comes in. I've been battling insomnia for months now its affecting bbing, grades. pills don't help, even when i'm relaxed with no worries i can't get much deep sleep, and i'm not even depressed. sometimes i wonder if all the workouts and eating right are even worth it, when i get sleep on some nights but not on others. my strength has been going up though so it gives me something to go on.

- working out too late at night
    - overtraing
    - stress
    all can cause insomnia just to name a few bro
    there was a thread on sleep aids for bb check it out it might give u some ideas as what to supplement with
    basically try these:
    melatonin
    zma
    valerian
    uuuhhh what the hell let me find the thread for u bro. here u go bro:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=183049
    there i hope this helps u bro
    peace
    j