Under Construction... sharkattack's Avatar
    sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Workouts for busy people. What do you think of this?

A friend sent me this link. It looks like a great program for folks who are very busy, but still want to get some decent workouts in their schedule. Have a look at this: http://www.t-mag.com/articles/216big2.html and let me know what you all think.

Cheers,
    Scott

Under Construction... sharkattack's Avatar
    sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10) sharkattack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anyone? Anyone? I'm looking for input on this article. It sounds like a pretty good plan. I'd just like some feedback from you folks.

Thanks,
    Scott

Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Sharkattack,

I haven't worked out long enough, consistently, to give you a good answer. This go round, I began with a full-body routine 2 - 3X a week. I began building muscle pretty quickly, but I had not lifted weights in awhile either. Then, I began a split routine 2X a week. It was working ok, but it was taking me 70 - 80" to do an upper body routine. I ran into a low-blood sugar problem with that (I was also doing a very intense 35" on the Schwinn Airdyne as a warm-up). Just this week, I have gone to a 4-day split routine, working upper and lower body 2X each every week. I plan to do different exercises for each body part each day of the routine. In other words, if I do regular squats on Tuesday, I'll do plie squats on Saturday; if I do triceps extensions on Monday, I'll do triceps kickbacks on Thursday. My ideal is to keep my workouts under 40", not counting a warmup/cooldown. Trying to keep the muscles guessing.

I would think the most important thing is to work with high intensity. You could probably even get away with working out just once a week, but that might be along exercise session, unless you are doing only one or two sets per body part.

The regular forum has an a workout thread, too.

Lynne
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wildflower
    Hold Infinity in the Palm of Your
    Hand
    And Eternity in an Hour
    - Wm Blake

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In theory it should work well. Overtraining shouldn't be an issue with 2 x a week workout. I don't care for some of the exercises and feel you could substitute better compound exercises.

I recall some threads around here about 2 x a week workouts. Try doing a search. But for a busy schedule person it's not bad.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Workouts for busy people. What do you think of this?

Originally posted by sharkattack
    A friend sent me this link. It looks like a great program for folks who are very busy, but still want to get some decent workouts in their schedule. Have a look at this: http://www.t-mag.com/articles/216big2.html and let me know what you all think.

Cheers,
    Scott
    Shark Attack, my own personal opinion is that its a great schedule for a person with a time problem. Then I must be fair, I am a huge fan of Ian Kings workouts and use his philosophy for making up my own workouts.

If it fits your schedule and there is a pinch for time ... its hard to beat the program.
    Question is: are you really going to mind if you hit your goals without puking 3 times a week?
    by Daniel Roberts

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any WO that fits your schedule and lifestyle.....is better than the alternative IMO........which is not Working Out.

I also agree with Overload......on exercise choices.

-- Chi