michael151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

adjusting to college life...

i was lifing hardcore core all year until i started college this fall. i had a six pack, cut arms, improving chest, everything was going great. 2 weeks after college started the six pack was gone. now i am 2 months into college and i have loss considerable muscle mass. i credit alot of my losses to beer and college food. i dont know what to do. i am still lifting but things seem to be getting worse. before college i had a good diet and everything, i still try but college food doesn't provide that great of food. what should i do???? any real advice is welcome

Has Muscle Dysmorphia!!!! jonnyb's Avatar
    jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: adjusting to college life...

Originally posted by michael151
    i was lifing hardcore core all year until i started college this fall. i had a six pack, cut arms, improving chest, everything was going great. 2 weeks after college started the six pack was gone. now i am 2 months into college and i have loss considerable muscle mass. i credit alot of my losses to beer and college food. i dont know what to do. i am still lifting but things seem to be getting worse. before college i had a good diet and everything, i still try but college food doesn't provide that great of food. what should i do???? any real advice is welcome
    There's no secret to this man; it's discipline. The temptations in college are great, especially if you live in residence.

chaos254 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Go out and buy some regular food for your dorm room(natural pb, whey, milk, tuna, oatmeal, etc) and then try to eat somewhat healthy at your cafeteria. It's hard but you usually can find something. Your in college so you might as well live it up, theres nothing wrong with drinking just try to tone it down. I usually keep my drinking for the weekends. Since your a freshman I'm sure your going out like 4x a week and getting **** faced. Good luck.

Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by chaos254
    Go out and buy some regular food for your dorm room(natural pb, whey, milk, tuna, oatmeal, etc) and then try to eat somewhat healthy at your cafeteria. It's hard but you usually can find something. Your in college so you might as well live it up, theres nothing wrong with drinking just try to tone it down. I usually keep my drinking for the weekends. Since your a freshman I'm sure your going out like 4x a week and getting **** faced. Good luck.
    Yeah, no need to get ****faced EVERY day... stop eating ****, its that simple - every college has SOMETHING that is acceptable.
    Theres nothing to see here - move along.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol.

When i was in college and living in the dorms, i had ALL YOU CAN EAT 3 meals per day. And then had snacks in between meals.

Of course i worked out 3x per week in the mornings (PT) and then 3x per week in the evening powerlifting with the footballers.

Just stay away from the beer and other ****.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Re: adjusting to college life...

Originally posted by jonnyb
    There's no secret to this man; it's discipline. The temptations in college are great, especially if you live in residence.
    johnyb are you in uni or collage in ontario? if so which one.

iLLStYLeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLStYLeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLStYLeS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what kinda food do they serve in college cafeterias. im curious since im going away in jan.
    train like a cat
    sleep like a bat
    eat like a 13 year old girl

jhot283 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what kinda food do they serve in college cafeterias. im curious since im going away in jan.
    ------------

when i went up to visit my brother at Indiana University, i grabbed a banana, a sandwhich from the deli, and a big skim milk..

there are many bad things, but there's alot of good things available such as pasta, salads, fruit, etc.

Serge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get 3 all-you-can-eat meals a day also... Breakfast is scrambled eggs, hash browns, some kind of breakfast meat, pancakes or french toast, fresh fruit, tons of different kinds of cereal, toast, bagels, muffins... and of course doughnuts Haven't eaten a single doughnut since I've been here, my proudest college achievement. Lunch and dinner rotate, today dinner was beef stroganoff It was awesome. And there's always salad and sandwich bars open for lunch and dinner, so you can always eat healthy if you want. Overall, I'm quite happy with my cafeteria.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

michael151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have the unlimited plan. this means i can get as many meals as i want, all i can eat 24/7. its real tuff to eat healthy but im not doing too bad. the worst part is that the gym sux ass.

ahhchon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ahhchon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ahhchon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ahhchon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ahhchon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ahhchon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ahhchon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ahhchon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ahhchon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ahhchon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ahhchon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    your college must suck for food. i don't have a meal plan this year because i'm in an apartment but my freshman year was great. there was stirfry everyday. omelettes in the morning. a grill line with chicken and burger.

i could wasily load up on protein in a 30 minute sitting. yeah, there are always the cookies and pastries, just don't look at them. and DO NOT EAT PIZZA

john
    "gotta be mean, gotta be lean, gotta eat more protein" ~ me

"my protein shake brings all the girls to the yard, yeah, it's better than yours"~ me

"hard work defines you body and your character"~me

"you are not dedicated until you've eaten a pealed bananna off th e floor" ~ me

Serge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by ahhchon
    your college must suck for food. i don't have a meal plan this year because i'm in an apartment but my freshman year was great. there was stirfry everyday. omelettes in the morning. a grill line with chicken and burger.

i could wasily load up on protein in a 30 minute sitting. yeah, there are always the cookies and pastries, just don't look at them. and DO NOT EAT PIZZA

john
    I had to skip pizza twice last week It was heartbreaking...
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

scottyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since going to college this fall, in the first month I probably gained about 5-10 pounds, no joke. And not a lot of that was muscle. I was bulking at the end of the summer season, and I just got carried away when I got to the all you can meals. I'm just now starting to recover from the one month binge after busting ass in the gym in October. But I'm actually glad it happened cause it got me back in order and I've actually gained a bit since then.

Just bring some Whey Protein powder to college to drink inbetween meals...at the cafeteria, go for the sandwhich bar and salad bar. Every lunch and dinner there are always burgers to eat, but I have never seen a grilled chicken breast there in two months which sucks. Plus, anything they grill is covered in oil anyway.

Get some tuna fish and a can opener for your dorm room or some of those pre-drained tuna/salmon pouches. They are great.

-Scott