Closed Thread
Page 279 of 334 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 329 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,370 of 10001
    Notoriety will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notoriety will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notoriety will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notoriety will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notoriety will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notoriety will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notoriety will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notoriety will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notoriety will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notoriety will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notoriety will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RyPostsIt View Post
    I seriously need to ignore 50% of the people in my GYM or I would go crazy.

1. I can't deal with people who don't re rack their weight because they feel they don't have to. That's probably my #1. There's a pudgy ****er that does this all the time.

2. Dudes that walk around flexing their lats. Stop doing it, you look like an idiot.

3. Bros who are there for 2+ hours. Seriously? Why are you walking around talking, this is not a party. Get in, do work, leave.

4. Dudes that stare at other dudes. On several occasions I've had dudes staring at me, no idea why. It creeps me out.

5. People that look down on others because they aren't doing a lot of weight. OK, yea I'm only curling 40lb dumbbells but my form is near spot on when you look like a flaming tool curling 55s. Good luck with your injured forearm goals of 2012.
    These, definitely. All the time in my gym, it's just not cool.

bcelt1cs33189: Haha, amazing!

seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've joined a new gym in Charleston, SC since my last visit here, it's ECO Fitness. And I must say, it has the lowest ration of gym idiots of anywhere I've ever been, and BY FAR the highest ration of HOT chicks anywhere. And not just "look at me" hot chicks who dont do **** except dress skimpy and strut around doing an occassional curl and ham stretch. Hot chicks who do tabata sets, squats, etc, etc, and dont care if someone is looking...why? Because most men in there aren't the douchy type who are looking to score. It's like gym heaven so far. They have yoga classes, ample power racks with bumper plates, pilates, and boxing heavy bags all under one roof and no one cars what the other is doing. Quite amazing gym.

HOWEVER...it's not immune to a few gym idiots. I'll share!!

- An old dude who wears little shorts so tiny his balls hang out sometimes. He looks like a creeper too, and probably does it on purpose.

- A few older women, 50's, who have a LOT of plastic surgery, and they dress in almost nothing. They have great bodies for their age, but they are so obvious in trying to train right next to younger men, WAY obvious in trying to stretch near them. I'm not hating ladies...in fact, I admired their bods. But....you do look a bit idiotic sometimes!!!

- Guidos. Yep, in Charleston, South Carolina. One of the best cities in the world, but didn't know we had guidos. And not the douchy Southern guys who act like they are from New York, but true life guidos. Bench, tan, cell phone, repeat.

BUT, that is all I got so far. Very very low ration of idiots. High ratio of normal, sane people, and great equipment. I'll keep you all updated!

seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh......I forgot, the "involuntary workout partner". He has followed me to every gym I've ever trained at. Who is he? He's been several people.

You know him. He's the guy that, when you go into the gym on a Wednsday at 215pm, hoping you get in during "down hours", and it's a massive gym but only 4-5 people in it because you went OUT OF YOUR WAY to train during non-peak hours because you like your space and like to be sure you dont get in anyones way when doing circuits..............when you do all that, and somehow, someway this person decides to workout RIGHT BESIDE YOU, close enough that you can read what song his Ipod is playing. And I think, dude, WTF, you got an ENTIRE big ass empty gym to train in, and your brain led you to lay your stretch mat a full 2 feet from my deadlift/pullup circuit.

Then I remembered...."Oh, thats right, I forgot my workout partner today, so I get one whether I want it or not".

The "Involuntary Workout Partner" guy. What an idiot.

TheBirchman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Number one nuisance is that I see the same idiots there all 3 days I go, no matter when I go in a 3 hour range. That means they are there essentially all day every day, which makes sense because they mostly take up all the ****ing space either a) doing nothing or b) doing their best to re-enact Def Comedy Jam while not moving any of their stuff off the equipment.
    All Pro Simple Beginner's Routine
    C1 W5 - 164 lbs - C2 W5 - 169 lbs - C3 W5 - 175 lbs

BB.com Sewage Account Nakmuay87's Avatar
    Nakmuay87 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nakmuay87 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nakmuay87 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nakmuay87 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nakmuay87 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nakmuay87 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nakmuay87 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nakmuay87 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nakmuay87 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nakmuay87 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nakmuay87 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ok well here are a few of the things that really really annoy me at the gym.

1: The pair of idiots who take 5-6 sets of dumbells, have them sitting all around the bench and sit there chatting, not doing drop sets or anything like that just using one set, chatting away and then switching to a different weight....And they dont put the weights back either! Rage...

2: This one total prick who seems to only train his lats.... lats and chest.... Thats all i see him doing..every day and he walks about the gym with his arms out constantly tensed up! staring at people.... tense.. for like an hour...

3: Gym attire... These are some examples of what i have seen people dressed in at my gym. Jeans, denim shirt and sandals... Some guy had a wrestling type outfit on.. he looked like a member of the iranian running team, i imagine it to be the 70's.
    Some guy had a sparkyl ed hardy tshirt on, massive chain, ed hardy cap pointed at 2 oclock and basketball shorts and was bouncing about the place not actually lifting anything just looking like a toolbox.... The ever increasing tapout population... I mean fair play if you train in mma but these people i know for a fact dont... they just swagger about the place trying to look like the "train ufc".

I reckon i could add a lot more to this list

Originally Posted by Nakmuay87 View Post
    The ever increasing tapout population... I mean fair play if you train in mma but these people i know for a fact dont... they just swagger about the place trying to look like the "train ufc".

I reckon i could add a lot more to this list
    HAHA!!! I laughed most at this one. I've done MMA in the past (1-1 amateur) but have done jiu-jitus for many years and done great at tourneys. And I dont own 1 tapout shirst. I prefer "Sprawl" gear.

BUT I rarely wear them to lift at the normal gym. I also get irritated by the "tapout" crowd. I've discovered that the guys wearing that **** in public, are the most likely to NOT actually train/compete in martial arts. The majority of guys at my "other" gym who compete in MMA or JJ dont really even talk much about it outside the gym.

No one wants to be that gigantic douche-bag who constantly talks about how he "trains UFC"....except the guys who dont train but want people to think they do.

justmeme237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Every morning I see the same old fart at my gym wearing the same shyt every single day. It's bad enough that his pants are at least 2 sizes too small and he runs around showing off his nasty shyt stained underwear, but of course he never washes his stuff either and you can smell him through the entire gym. Of course he also just sits or walks around staring at chicks - creepy, nasty old fart.

7usabball will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7usabball will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7usabball will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7usabball will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7usabball will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7usabball will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7usabball will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7usabball will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7usabball will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7usabball will become famous soon enough. (+50) 7usabball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i swear at least 1/4 people don't re-rack weights. i always re-rack, it's called being respectful. just fu*king do it, don't be a douchebag.

my one friend i go with does it, i force him to re-rack, otherwise he wouldn't.

Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jack3dSparrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I was doing single arm dumbbell rows. A guy was benching in front of me, head facing the other end....so I could see in between his legs. He had an erection and it kept bobbing up and down. Needless to say I was wtf'ing him with a stare only suitable for Hannibal Lecter at an asian orgy party.

IntensityKillz is just really nice. (+1000) IntensityKillz is just really nice. (+1000) IntensityKillz is just really nice. (+1000) IntensityKillz is just really nice. (+1000) IntensityKillz is just really nice. (+1000) IntensityKillz is just really nice. (+1000) IntensityKillz is just really nice. (+1000) IntensityKillz is just really nice. (+1000) IntensityKillz is just really nice. (+1000) IntensityKillz is just really nice. (+1000) IntensityKillz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well definitely one of the biggest things where I work out is the few guys that walk around like their some hot sh*t and they own the place. They look down on everyone else and think because they are strong with terrible form that everyone else is below them. I'm deployed and cannot wait until I work out in a gym with civilians. Unfortunately it happens there too...

MUtiger1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    (First Post, hopefully I'm doing this right)

About a week ago a guy asked me to spot him on bench press. Of course I said "ok sure", i mean, this is common at a gym. What wasn't common was him needing me to help him a lot on every rep! By number 8 I was doing 80% of the work and could barely lift the thing! I just pulled the bar back to the rack finally and said, "Nothing personal, but you need to go down in weight." Gym Idiot.

EndlessWinter is not very helpful. (-500) EndlessWinter is not very helpful. (-500) EndlessWinter is not very helpful. (-500) EndlessWinter is not very helpful. (-500) EndlessWinter is not very helpful. (-500) EndlessWinter is not very helpful. (-500) EndlessWinter is not very helpful. (-500) EndlessWinter is not very helpful. (-500) EndlessWinter is not very helpful. (-500) EndlessWinter is not very helpful. (-500) EndlessWinter is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by TampaBayMuscle View Post
    Barbell curls in the squat rack = Gym Idiot
    almost 10 years late... but

SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SELVER7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the other day was going to gym and friend asked to come along... i was like sure thats fine

and we get to gym and first thing he says
    can u spot me
    im like ok
    and it was one of those bench presses where u dont need anyone to spot you LOL

i looked at him and was like... um u dont need me on this one... and i just walked away..
    >> Manchester United <<
    >>//Bosnian-ARMY\\<<
    GTR NISMO <3

★★★ I was part of the Ultra 2014 Thread Crew ★★★

Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RyPostsIt View Post
    I seriously need to ignore 50% of the people in my GYM or I would go crazy.

1. I can't deal with people who don't re rack their weight because they feel they don't have to. That's probably my #1. There's a pudgy ****er that does this all the time.

2. Dudes that walk around flexing their lats. Stop doing it, you look like an idiot.

3. Bros who are there for 2+ hours. Seriously? Why are you walking around talking, this is not a party. Get in, do work, leave.

4. Dudes that stare at other dudes. On several occasions I've had dudes staring at me, no idea why. It creeps me out.

5. People that look down on others because they aren't doing a lot of weight. OK, yea I'm only curling 40lb dumbbells but my form is near spot on when you look like a flaming tool curling 55s. Good luck with your injured forearm goals of 2012.
    so true brah.

Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latissimi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SELVER7 View Post
    i eat dick.
    what bro? thats ****ed man

ReedCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReedCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReedCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReedCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReedCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ways I was a gym idiot:

1) I had no real concrete plan. I just knew vague stuff like "work legs 1 day, work arms and stuff another, etc., and don't do anything 2 days in a row."
    2) I would slave away on a cardio machine for perhaps too long before going into a weight workout.
    3) I didn't eat "well". Sure I tried to cut my frappa-wappa-zoopies from Starbux down a little, but I didn't really revamp my eating to get real results.
    4) Falling at least a little into the trap of "he's a male, he's doing XX weight, I should be able to do that too!" No person is built alike, but I didn't keep in mind simple physics of longer limbs (me) versus the fire plug with short/stout limbs, nor did I keep in mind how long their training careers were versus mine (pitifully short), etc.

Ways in which I was not an idiot:
    1) I had a good work ethic, which would have worked well had I addressed the idiot points above.
    2) I had a friend who was accomplished in average-joe weightlifting terms: He got maximum performance out of his muscles, all home-grown (no steroids or super-nitro-advantage-animal-rage supplements). He taught me the ropes, including basic gym etiquette, how not to end up in a wheelchair doing weighted squats, etc.
    3) I kept mostly to myself, focused on my tasks (however misinformed they were) even after he quit.
    4) Always re-racked (for myself and fellow idiots).
    5) Always cleaned house behind me.

Idiots I've encountered:
    1) Cell phone idiot. I've got a massive passive aggressive streak, so the minute she was off her phone (which she was on while I was doing my pitiful-weight but good-form squats that require concentration not hearing about some stupid tea or dinner party) I called a friend and very loudly (for her to hear anyway) gabbed for a few minutes about total nonsense.
    2) Cardio-machine hoggers: with a 20 minute time limit during peak hours, and with an intercom stating that fact, I could survey the machines and find a handful of princes and princesses with 46 minutes on their clocks while I and several others are pointedly waiting.
    3) Dumbbell droppers. 'Nuff said. If you can't control the weights when you are done, you're probably going for glamour/impressive weights beyond what you should be doing anyway. Not talking about people who have to drop them last 3 inches, talking about those who drop them extremely loudly and might as well follow that sound with "THIS IS SPARTA!!!"
    4) That guy who has to come in at off hours when there are 12 empty benches, and he parks next to me with like 2 other people in the entire gym.
    5) The idiots who come in during the evening, who are obviously looking to get "pumped" just before clubbing hours begin. Loudly talking in detail about their plans while doing their 2" range of motion stuff. I probably shouldn't assume but it was fairly obvious.
    6) This may be a kind of grey area, but the influx of January-March "gotta get in shape for New Year's Resolution" can really gum up the gym.
    7) Posers, showing off their arms in wife-beaters, staring at the chicks, etc.
    8) The "I do more weight than you" crowd. Being a bit of a hard-gainer, I struggled to put on any muscle. Once I fixed some of my own "gym idiot" problems, I think I am doing OK for myself, could do better, but could and have done far, far worse. But out of my drastic revamp of understanding of bodybuilding / athleticism / fitness, along with my age (let's face it, I'm over 40) I've learned not to give a crap if I'm doing curls with 27.5lb dumbbells and some schmoe can move 45s with whatever range of motion floats their boat. I don't know how much they've worked their biceps before "showing off" but I know my biceps have given all they got already on other exercises, and at 27.5-wt reps, from fully extended toward the floor, up to fully curled, minimizing cheating by rocking or using my back, at about rep 8, I have a full-on burn, my form is starting to get shakey, and I'll be damned if I care what they think about my "girly" weight, because I WORKED that muscle and I can either be a showboat and look like an idiot trying to force the issue, or I can go home knowing that I did enough.

I've not been to a gym in years, and am glad for it. I work out solely at home, using a pullup bar, some adjustable weights, and not much else, *and* accomplished amazing changes without anyone else to annoy me. Like going from helplessly hanging from the pullup bar (no exaggeration) to doing, so far, 9 pullups in one set. Like dropping 40lbs and at the same time impressively changing my physique, vastly increasing my ability to do simple pushups, pullups, cardio, etc. My body is my own best weight set, and everything else *I* need, I get from my adjustable dumbbells. No freaks, nude dudes, encroachers, posers, distractors, "helpful" gym members, cell-phone chatters, nobody to try to pick on me for the weight amounts I use (not that I really care anymore, not that I really ever cared, and to be fair I don't recall much of this happening) and the only person I can get mad at or blame if the weights aren't put back neatly, is myself.

Since I am first time poster here: I am not a bodybuilder, at some point wished I was able to "really build" -- but now being a realist, I know that ship has sailed; my goals now are just for fitness and a "decent" build. I'm currently struggling with losing about 15lbs, or more accurately, losing 15lbs of fat through a combination of straight weight loss and a little bit more muscle over what I have now. For a 40something who doesn't have a bodybuilding career to speak of from hard work in their 20s and 30s to build on, that's fine for me.

I may sound a little bitter/annoyed at times, mentioning my use of "lower" weights, but I really am very at peace with not being super-buff, being somewhat of a hard-gainer, and what have you. I work out hard, and definitely feel it in all the right ways. Cardio is more meaningful and focused. I have a plan, I write down my reps/weights -- no more meaningless meanderings through a gym. I don't have any of that "negative" motivation to use more weight just to show off, since I work out alone, I sweat alone, I gasp for breath alone, I pick a lighter weight if needed alone, I sometimes lie on the floor gibbering and begging for a break alone. I have subsisted at times for weeks on end on chicken breasts, dry salads, nuts, greek yogurt, eggs, etc. And, sadly, it is absolutely true that I am doing more and better workouts than I did 10 years ago in the gym. Quite frankly, I'd probably school myself from a decade ago. My current physique, endurance, and muscle-mass laughs at my 30-year-old gym-going, bodybuilding-wannabe physique as well -- no exaggeration, even considering I have long since changed my desired goals.

All this makes me wonder, as it might and probably should make many of you wonder: what will I know 10 years from now compared to what I know *now*? How much will I think in 10 years,... how much of a "gym idiot" I am today?

RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ReedCat View Post
    Ways I was a gym idiot:

1) I had no real concrete plan. I just knew vague stuff like "work legs 1 day, work arms and stuff another, etc., and don't do anything 2 days in a row."
    2) I would slave away on a cardio machine for perhaps too long before going into a weight workout.
    3) I didn't eat "well". Sure I tried to cut my frappa-wappa-zoopies from Starbux down a little, but I didn't really revamp my eating to get real results.
    4) Falling at least a little into the trap of "he's a male, he's doing XX weight, I should be able to do that too!" No person is built alike, but I didn't keep in mind simple physics of longer limbs (me) versus the fire plug with short/stout limbs, nor did I keep in mind how long their training careers were versus mine (pitifully short), etc.

Ways in which I was not an idiot:
    1) I had a good work ethic, which would have worked well had I addressed the idiot points above.
    2) I had a friend who was accomplished in average-joe weightlifting terms: He got maximum performance out of his muscles, all home-grown (no steroids or super-nitro-advantage-animal-rage supplements). He taught me the ropes, including basic gym etiquette, how not to end up in a wheelchair doing weighted squats, etc.
    3) I kept mostly to myself, focused on my tasks (however misinformed they were) even after he quit.
    4) Always re-racked (for myself and fellow idiots).
    5) Always cleaned house behind me.

Idiots I've encountered:
    1) Cell phone idiot. I've got a massive passive aggressive streak, so the minute she was off her phone (which she was on while I was doing my pitiful-weight but good-form squats that require concentration not hearing about some stupid tea or dinner party) I called a friend and very loudly (for her to hear anyway) gabbed for a few minutes about total nonsense.
    2) Cardio-machine hoggers: with a 20 minute time limit during peak hours, and with an intercom stating that fact, I could survey the machines and find a handful of princes and princesses with 46 minutes on their clocks while I and several others are pointedly waiting.
    3) Dumbbell droppers. 'Nuff said. If you can't control the weights when you are done, you're probably going for glamour/impressive weights beyond what you should be doing anyway. Not talking about people who have to drop them last 3 inches, talking about those who drop them extremely loudly and might as well follow that sound with "THIS IS SPARTA!!!"
    4) That guy who has to come in at off hours when there are 12 empty benches, and he parks next to me with like 2 other people in the entire gym.
    5) The idiots who come in during the evening, who are obviously looking to get "pumped" just before clubbing hours begin. Loudly talking in detail about their plans while doing their 2" range of motion stuff. I probably shouldn't assume but it was fairly obvious.
    6) This may be a kind of grey area, but the influx of January-March "gotta get in shape for New Year's Resolution" can really gum up the gym.
    7) Posers, showing off their arms in wife-beaters, staring at the chicks, etc.
    8) The "I do more weight than you" crowd. Being a bit of a hard-gainer, I struggled to put on any muscle. Once I fixed some of my own "gym idiot" problems, I think I am doing OK for myself, could do better, but could and have done far, far worse. But out of my drastic revamp of understanding of bodybuilding / athleticism / fitness, along with my age (let's face it, I'm over 40) I've learned not to give a crap if I'm doing curls with 27.5lb dumbbells and some schmoe can move 45s with whatever range of motion floats their boat. I don't know how much they've worked their biceps before "showing off" but I know my biceps have given all they got already on other exercises, and at 27.5-wt reps, from fully extended toward the floor, up to fully curled, minimizing cheating by rocking or using my back, at about rep 8, I have a full-on burn, my form is starting to get shakey, and I'll be damned if I care what they think about my "girly" weight, because I WORKED that muscle and I can either be a showboat and look like an idiot trying to force the issue, or I can go home knowing that I did enough.

I've not been to a gym in years, and am glad for it. I work out solely at home, using a pullup bar, some adjustable weights, and not much else, *and* accomplished amazing changes without anyone else to annoy me. Like going from helplessly hanging from the pullup bar (no exaggeration) to doing, so far, 9 pullups in one set. Like dropping 40lbs and at the same time impressively changing my physique, vastly increasing my ability to do simple pushups, pullups, cardio, etc. My body is my own best weight set, and everything else *I* need, I get from my adjustable dumbbells. No freaks, nude dudes, encroachers, posers, distractors, "helpful" gym members, cell-phone chatters, nobody to try to pick on me for the weight amounts I use (not that I really care anymore, not that I really ever cared, and to be fair I don't recall much of this happening) and the only person I can get mad at or blame if the weights aren't put back neatly, is myself.

Since I am first time poster here: I am not a bodybuilder, at some point wished I was able to "really build" -- but now being a realist, I know that ship has sailed; my goals now are just for fitness and a "decent" build. I'm currently struggling with losing about 15lbs, or more accurately, losing 15lbs of fat through a combination of straight weight loss and a little bit more muscle over what I have now. For a 40something who doesn't have a bodybuilding career to speak of from hard work in their 20s and 30s to build on, that's fine for me.

I may sound a little bitter/annoyed at times, mentioning my use of "lower" weights, but I really am very at peace with not being super-buff, being somewhat of a hard-gainer, and what have you. I work out hard, and definitely feel it in all the right ways. Cardio is more meaningful and focused. I have a plan, I write down my reps/weights -- no more meaningless meanderings through a gym. I don't have any of that "negative" motivation to use more weight just to show off, since I work out alone, I sweat alone, I gasp for breath alone, I pick a lighter weight if needed alone, I sometimes lie on the floor gibbering and begging for a break alone. I have subsisted at times for weeks on end on chicken breasts, dry salads, nuts, greek yogurt, eggs, etc. And, sadly, it is absolutely true that I am doing more and better workouts than I did 10 years ago in the gym. Quite frankly, I'd probably school myself from a decade ago. My current physique, endurance, and muscle-mass laughs at my 30-year-old gym-going, bodybuilding-wannabe physique as well -- no exaggeration, even considering I have long since changed my desired goals.

All this makes me wonder, as it might and probably should make many of you wonder: what will I know 10 years from now compared to what I know *now*? How much will I think in 10 years,... how much of a "gym idiot" I am today?
    IF THIS IS NOT A WALL-OF-TEXT,

Then I know nothing about anything.
    Seek truth and reason

Ocelot87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a gym idiot. I may have bulked too hard cause I gained 12 lbs in about 20 days lol

rippx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You didn't mention tanning and laundry.

alphalupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alphalupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alphalupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alphalupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alphalupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alphalupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alphalupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alphalupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alphalupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alphalupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alphalupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by EndlessWinter View Post
    almost 10 years late... but

That... was hilarious. "With your five finger toe shoes, and doing power snatch clean, and deadlift grabbed" xD.

Get Ripped or Die Mirin' OnceAKai's Avatar
    OnceAKai is not very helpful. (-500) OnceAKai is not very helpful. (-500) OnceAKai is not very helpful. (-500) OnceAKai is not very helpful. (-500) OnceAKai is not very helpful. (-500) OnceAKai is not very helpful. (-500) OnceAKai is not very helpful. (-500) OnceAKai is not very helpful. (-500) OnceAKai is not very helpful. (-500) OnceAKai is not very helpful. (-500) OnceAKai is not very helpful. (-500)
    I hate skinny guys who wear tiny bra strap shirts. idk what their called

ImDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why don't you guys actually say something to these people instead of whining here? I'm sure half of the things ya'll do in the gym could be considered "idiot" behavior as well.

leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Down here in Australia - we've got a big gym franchise/chain called Fitness First. And they offer FREE trial memberships to all teenagers on school holidays.
    Now, I don't mind that, and I reckon it's great as it encourages teens to get fit. I'm still a teenager too, and in fact, I started on that free school holiday trial before I became a member.

What really annoys me is that you get some of them coming in MASSIVE groups like 4 or 5 people, sometimes more. They sit around talking half the time, taking up the equipment - and it takes forever for them to finish. Seriously, you go to the gym to train. Not to socialise. You want someone to spot you, or someone to train with? Sure grab a gym buddy - but you don't need to go with every single person you know!

anyway, /rant

Madred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Madred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Totally wrong. If you dont distract other ppl by doing it it's totally fine.
    I myself cant talk cause in my routine I am doing set 30-60-90 seconds delays, but I would stay after workout or talk before with many ppl, why not? it's fun =)

danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10) danika1982 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

:/

Lady who lays on the floor doing weirdo looking ab exercises in the free space I was using to do walking bb lunges. I just kept going and hoped shed take the hint that perhaps it wasnt the best place for her.
    Like a laser beam!!! :P

Formydaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Formydaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Formydaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Formydaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Formydaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The fatest guy in the gym doing crunches on the seated row bench. He has to roll off n i swear he blocks the entire walk way and yells out WOOOOOHHHHH! and paces back and forth staring at everybody in the immediate area after his sets. Why the hell don't you just get some cardio in and stop taking up the seated row?! Ahhhh!

Thanks for listening.
    "Last night I cut the light off in my bedroom, hit the switch and was in my bed before the room was dark"
    -Ali

Formydaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Formydaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Formydaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Formydaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Formydaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn, what about the guy who sits in the sauna for 10 minutes and then goes to a treadmill and puts it at level 15 incline. He runs for ever while holding on to the treadmill with one arm n clenches his fist under his chin with the other. He switches out between arms every ten seconds or so and when he is done (drum roll) he goes to flex in the mirror! WTF?! are you kidding me? This guy has had this same routine for the last nine months or so. I feel bad for his wife who actually does weight lifting.
    "Last night I cut the light off in my bedroom, hit the switch and was in my bed before the room was dark"
    -Ali

Location: Tenby, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    novakanedj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novakanedj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novakanedj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novakanedj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novakanedj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novakanedj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novakanedj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novakanedj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novakanedj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novakanedj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) novakanedj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    There was a guy last week that trained for like half an hour on the exercise bike with his iPod on peddling like hell and panting like he was masterbating or having sex :S. Just as I about had enough of it he finished on the bike so I didn't have to say anything. I've only seen him once since and he hasn't done it again, yet. I try to keep grunting/noises to a minimum in the gym because I know how annoying/distracting it can be.
    Also not re-racking weights is annoying as others have mentioned. Usually try and tidy the dumbells up but the plates are usually all over the place and would take up too much of my time clearing up after others.

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The chick who wears spandex bodysuit, with leopard print on them and a matching headband. The proceeds to do barbell curls with the worst form possible, while talking to her husband who's working out aimlessly from random machine to machine.

There's also some douche who's only at my gym on weekends who groans and grunts so loud that I actually laugh. He's probably 50ish, and parks his Harley across three parking spots.

krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
    There's also some douche who's only at my gym on weekends who groans and grunts so loud that I actually laugh. He's probably 50ish, and parks his Harley across three parking spots.
    Those guys are everywhere!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 279 of 334 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 329 ... LastLast