Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nickrondhuis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickrondhuis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickrondhuis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickrondhuis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickrondhuis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickrondhuis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickrondhuis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickrondhuis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickrondhuis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickrondhuis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickrondhuis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

All About Creatine. The Essentials

Creatine. Creatine. Creatine. How many times can I say the word? If I were to say the name as many times as there is products out there I would easily have a 500 word article in its self. But this article isn't about just any old creatine. Wait, that?s exactly what this is about. Old school creatine. Creatine Monohydrate. This is creatine in the purest form and the current supplement of choice for this man, and we will see in about a month how that treats me.

Now for the basics. Creatine monohydrate is a molecular compound of 3 basic amino acids, those being l-methionine, l-arginine and l-glycine. 95% of creatine is found in skeletal muscle tissue, coming in 2 different forums. Chemically unbound creatine which is in a free flowing state and creatine phosphate.

Now creatine can be found in a natural form, but due to the process of cooking, and evidently cooking out the creatine, it is best ingested in powder form. So unless you feel like shoveling down 2.2 pounds of raw red meat, or fish a day to get the recommended 4 - 5 grams a day. Take the powder.

Now creatine's Performance enhancing properties are still after all these years up for debate, and can be sometimes hard to understand the mechanics of it, but one thing is for certain, it builds big muscles. When creatine enters the body, it rushes to the muscles and in there it attracts a great deal of water to the muscle cells therefore enlarging them quite a bit. Now one would sit back and think, why would I want to fill my muscles with water. Well it?s quite simple when you sit back and look at it. While studies have tried to prove better protein synthesis as well as minimized catabolism, one thing is for certain. You receive boosted strength, as well as the psychological benefits of having visibly larger muscles.

Creatine will also give you a faster recovery time while at the gym and it will give you greater tolerance of the workload you are taking on. Now for one to really understand the benefits of creatine they will need to understand what Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) is and what it does. In a nutshell ATP is the compound that you muscle uses when it makes a contraction. So every curl, every squat, your muscles are burning ATP. In taking creatine, you are essentially boosting your body?s ability to regenerate ATP levels, thus making you be able to work out more intense as well as recover faster.

Now believe it or not there a few myths surrounding the use of creatine. Gym Heads, or Gym Rats will sometimes say that you need to be loading on and cycling off creatine, like taking 20 grams a day for 5 days or taking 40 grams a day for a week. Well here is only so much creatine your body can handle. Creatine has been proven to be highly effective without a loading phase. 5 grams a day will give you solid results in 2 weeks or so. Creatine is perfect to use because it allows continual use without cycling, a process used for fat burners and other supplements so that your body doesn?t get used to them.

All in all, with the only side effect being gastric upset in the first few days, you will find that creatine is a very solid supplement, one that should already be a staple in your gym bag. If it isn't yet, it soon will be.
    Come Visit http://www.titanicproportions.com, an all new bodybuilding blog

sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nickrondhuis View Post
    Creatine. Creatine. Creatine. How many times can I say the word? If I were to say the name as many times as there is products out there I would easily have a 500 word article in its self. But this article isn't about just any old creatine. Wait, that?s exactly what this is about. Old school creatine. Creatine Monohydrate. This is creatine in the purest form and the current supplement of choice for this man, and we will see in about a month how that treats me.

Now for the basics. Creatine monohydrate is a molecular compound of 3 basic amino acids, those being l-methionine, l-arginine and l-glycine. 95% of creatine is found in skeletal muscle tissue, coming in 2 different forums. Chemically unbound creatine which is in a free flowing state and creatine phosphate.

Now creatine can be found in a natural form, but due to the process of cooking, and evidently cooking out the creatine, it is best ingested in powder form. So unless you feel like shoveling down 2.2 pounds of raw red meat, or fish a day to get the recommended 4 - 5 grams a day. Take the powder.

Now creatine's Performance enhancing properties are still after all these years up for debate, and can be sometimes hard to understand the mechanics of it, but one thing is for certain, it builds big muscles. When creatine enters the body, it rushes to the muscles and in there it attracts a great deal of water to the muscle cells therefore enlarging them quite a bit. Now one would sit back and think, why would I want to fill my muscles with water. Well it?s quite simple when you sit back and look at it. While studies have tried to prove better protein synthesis as well as minimized catabolism, one thing is for certain. You receive boosted strength, as well as the psychological benefits of having visibly larger muscles.

Creatine will also give you a faster recovery time while at the gym and it will give you greater tolerance of the workload you are taking on. Now for one to really understand the benefits of creatine they will need to understand what Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) is and what it does. In a nutshell ATP is the compound that you muscle uses when it makes a contraction. So every curl, every squat, your muscles are burning ATP. In taking creatine, you are essentially boosting your body?s ability to regenerate ATP levels, thus making you be able to work out more intense as well as recover faster.

Now believe it or not there a few myths surrounding the use of creatine. Gym Heads, or Gym Rats will sometimes say that you need to be loading on and cycling off creatine, like taking 20 grams a day for 5 days or taking 40 grams a day for a week. Well here is only so much creatine your body can handle. Creatine has been proven to be highly effective without a loading phase. 5 grams a day will give you solid results in 2 weeks or so. Creatine is perfect to use because it allows continual use without cycling, a process used for fat burners and other supplements so that your body doesn?t get used to them.

All in all, with the only side effect being gastric upset in the first few days, you will find that creatine is a very solid supplement, one that should already be a staple in your gym bag. If it isn't yet, it soon will be.
    mmmmm

sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunset86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

mmm

mmm

jthb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nice

DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So if it is bringing water into the muscles, is it right to assume that i shouldn't be taking creatine if I want to lose weight too?

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have been taking creatine mono quite some time and I want to lay it off for now, because I want to know how much water weight it actually added.

When will the creatine be completely out of my system, when will the additional water be gone?

DavidHill76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidHill76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidHill76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidHill76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidHill76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidHill76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidHill76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidHill76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidHill76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidHill76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidHill76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by hankst View Post
    I have been taking creatine mono quite some time and I want to lay it off for now, because I want to know how much water weight it actually added.

When will the creatine be completely out of my system, when will the additional water be gone?
    It should take about 3-7 days, especially if you are still doing cardio, sit in the sauna, etc.

I like to cycle creatine because it gives my muscles a chance to operate at normal levels.

In fact, my cycle is going to end this week! Then, i am going to try this Kre-Alkalyn instead of Micronized Creatine.

O_Nuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O_Nuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O_Nuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O_Nuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O_Nuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O_Nuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O_Nuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O_Nuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O_Nuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O_Nuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O_Nuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To the OP: creatine doesn't contain all those 3 amino acids you mentioned. In fact, creatine is a unique amino acid.

.international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .international has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Loves me some creatine...

Animall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I take creatine in cyles for 6 weeks on and 4 weeks off... so it's a 10 week cyclus.

Took 5 gram in the morning by breakfast, and 5gram after workout. Everyday in my on-period. Works great... but you might be deal with the water in your head

aditya1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good information about creatine
    http://www.fitnesstantra.com

Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was against creatine for a while, but recently gave in and bought some cheap supplements Creatine Monohydrate. Today is my 5th day I've been taking it and I can already notice some results in my arms, shoulders, etc. Even a little in my abs.

I haven't began to bloat yet... should I expect this to happen soon?
    Upgraded from "curls for the girls" to "rows for the hoes".

Ryan's Supp. Stack
    ----------------------
    r2's WILLpower -- now completely free of bitchassness!

minz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DJake View Post
    So if it is bringing water into the muscles, is it right to assume that i shouldn't be taking creatine if I want to lose weight too?
    Creatine wont hinder your weight loss but keep in mind it will add around 1-3kg of water weight which is gone once you stop taking the supplement.

minz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheRosemeck View Post
    I was against creatine for a while, but recently gave in and bought some cheap supplements Creatine Monohydrate. Today is my 5th day I've been taking it and I can already notice some results in my arms, shoulders, etc. Even a little in my abs.

I haven't began to bloat yet... should I expect this to happen soon?
    Not everyone will bloat and as far as i no the bloating was a side effect from the older non-micronized version most are now micronized and alot better on your stomach.

soz for the double post

hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I wonder if I will ever need to take creatine to enhance athletic performance.
    "ham boy"

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wanted to be able to use it, but it was causing me problems with sleeplessness, really bad muscle cramping in my legs, and funky pains in my chest and back.

Good luck to you guys, carry on!

ease1995 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi, im 15 and i was wondering what creatine powder i should start off with.
    any suggestions
    weight-60kg
    height-173cm

CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CytoRoc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As far i know, if you want to start using creatine you also have to recognize the fact that you will have to stay committed for some time, considering all the talk of added water weight and how you dont keep that muscle forever. See if your budget can take it, but personally...if your like <21 just go with whey, its much easier and your body is still growing so whey protein would be more beneficial at that age.

thanks mate. im just looking for some help on getting out off a skinny body haha.
    weight-60kg
    height-173cm

Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Be careful and do the research on Creatine levels needed. (5-20 grams max)

Excessive creatine can be a load on your liver. I asked my doctor about it, and he said that Creatine can be effective and can boost strength, but in terms of enlarging muscles or having a huge positive effect on muscular development is up for debate.

He mentioned a study where basketball players at a high school used creatine, with a control group, and one where they didn't use creatine. The results were mixed, and not a clear cut conclusion. He mentioned the more likely scenario is that creatine users do better because of extra energy to work out more or lift bigger weights.

But again, it seems creatine does help somewhat. "increasing the maximal force production of muscles in both men and women." As some research suggests.

Also it's not cheap.

Also there's no evidence that it causes cramping. I have had cramps during September and August, but was taking no creatine. Cramps may be more likely a side effect of exercise or dehydration. With creatine you're also suppose to take more water, so dehydration may be the cause for creatine users who experience cramps, but be careful for water intoxication.

cheers bro. sounds like ima do some futher reaserch into the subject.
    weight-60kg
    height-173cm

terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Good material

This is done very well. Alot of youngsters taking creatine but not knowing what it does. Good info.

Terry Hill MSE Physiology/CPT/Sport Nutrionist-AFPA

"Quality of life depends on the amount of willingness in the effort!"

terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I usually advise my young athletes to avoid creatine until after growth phases are complete. Usually 18 as is directed by most sport nutritionists, doctors, and coaches. Research is being done to determine the effects of creatine supplements on long term health. To date there isn't anything conclusive that I have read. In any case I suggest seeing your physician before taking creatine or any other physio enhancing substance.
    A good thing to know is that your body produces a fair amount of creatine naturally.

Originally Posted by ease1995 View Post
    hi, im 15 and i was wondering what creatine powder i should start off with.
    any suggestions
    Terry Hill MSE Physiology/CPT/Sport Nutrionist-AFPA

"Quality of life depends on the amount of willingness in the effort!"

basejester will become famous soon enough. (+50) basejester will become famous soon enough. (+50) basejester will become famous soon enough. (+50) basejester will become famous soon enough. (+50) basejester will become famous soon enough. (+50) basejester will become famous soon enough. (+50) basejester will become famous soon enough. (+50) basejester will become famous soon enough. (+50) basejester will become famous soon enough. (+50) basejester will become famous soon enough. (+50) basejester will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Brian94 View Post
    Also it's not cheap.
    You're doing it wrong.

frmmyygsmnpu is on a distinguished road. (+10) frmmyygsmnpu is on a distinguished road. (+10) frmmyygsmnpu is on a distinguished road. (+10) frmmyygsmnpu is on a distinguished road. (+10) frmmyygsmnpu is on a distinguished road. (+10) frmmyygsmnpu is on a distinguished road. (+10) frmmyygsmnpu is on a distinguished road. (+10) frmmyygsmnpu is on a distinguished road. (+10) frmmyygsmnpu is on a distinguished road. (+10) frmmyygsmnpu is on a distinguished road. (+10) frmmyygsmnpu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't use the word "now" so much.

adstrex will become famous soon enough. (+50) adstrex will become famous soon enough. (+50) adstrex will become famous soon enough. (+50) adstrex will become famous soon enough. (+50) adstrex will become famous soon enough. (+50) adstrex will become famous soon enough. (+50) adstrex will become famous soon enough. (+50) adstrex will become famous soon enough. (+50) adstrex will become famous soon enough. (+50) adstrex will become famous soon enough. (+50) adstrex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It also heavily depends on a person's diet. Depending on whether or not the person is vegetarian and also creatine effects just varies from person to person, some may not find much benefit.

I would recommend drinking lots of water if taking creatine as the byproduct creatinine starts to build up in the body which puts a lot of load on the kidneys.

I concur though that using it within the space of two weeks it is possible to notice improvement in recovery times due to adenosine triphosphate re-synthesis and also muscle size. I myself take 5 grams per day with no cycles.

The only thing some may not like is that the water retention in the muscles doesn't work good for a photoshoot. LOL

flyrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    super text, ill start using it

Johncashmoney is not very well liked. (-100) Johncashmoney is not very well liked. (-100) Johncashmoney is not very well liked. (-100) Johncashmoney is not very well liked. (-100) Johncashmoney is not very well liked. (-100) Johncashmoney is not very well liked. (-100) Johncashmoney is not very well liked. (-100) Johncashmoney is not very well liked. (-100) Johncashmoney is not very well liked. (-100) Johncashmoney is not very well liked. (-100) Johncashmoney is not very well liked. (-100)
    convincing!

showgirl23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) showgirl23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great post