Closed Thread
Page 276 of 334 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,280 of 10001
    ToDaChange has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ToDaChange has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ToDaChange has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ToDaChange has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ToDaChange has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ToDaChange has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ToDaChange has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ToDaChange has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ToDaChange has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ToDaChange has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ToDaChange has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by OOBE View Post
    Good gosh, what a weirdo. I would've been annoyed as heck and just left him there alone and rejected, LOL. Why do people measure up to others at the gym? Everybody's body and strength is different.

When I was in shape years ago, I would do an exercise with the max weight I could push without losing proper form. Then out of nowhere someone bigger but not as defined would try to one-up me after my finished set, fail, and then give me death stares. It's stupid. Just because you see someone skinnier than you doesn't mean they're weaker. But some people like pissing contests. I'm non-confrontational, so if I sense competition or negative vibes from someone else at the gym, I just leave the person by himself like if he didn't exist for me. I'm there for myself, not to piss further than anyone.
    Nicely said. It's kinda lesson for me. Because in like dat situation I get angry and tell them something dat can lead to argue or fight.
    "Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes."

++ Positive Crew ++

stirb is just really nice. (+1000) stirb is just really nice. (+1000) stirb is just really nice. (+1000) stirb is just really nice. (+1000) stirb is just really nice. (+1000) stirb is just really nice. (+1000) stirb is just really nice. (+1000) stirb is just really nice. (+1000) stirb is just really nice. (+1000) stirb is just really nice. (+1000) stirb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Tidus2323 View Post
    If you look in the mirror and lift your shirt up to show your stomach infront of everyone and you dont even have abs. YOUR an idiot
    Ha, I seen that guy, has perfect ABs but gots to walk around and randomly lift up his shirt as if they were going to run away if he didnt check up on them.

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So today I'm filming myself doing squats again so I can watch myself later and try to make any corrections the next time. The video of the first set this jackass is starts dangling his ****ing straps in front of the lens while my back is turned and I didn't notice until I got home to watch. I'm pretty sure I know who it was though. Good thing I have a couple days to cool down before I'm back in the gym again. Damn I know it doesn't hurt anything but just the sheer magnitude of douchyness sends me through the ****ing roof.
    Last edited by j1akey; 03-01-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChristReppin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MtMostWanted View Post
    I lift in my garage now and didn't think I would get to contribute to this awesome tread. However, recently there has been a "gym idiot" in my garage.

Since it is my garage I squat and deadlift barefoot. This was not a problem until, I go to rack a 45 lb plate and am not paying attention. I miss the peg and the plate falls right onto my two outside toes. It only dropped from maybe 4 inches, but both toes are now broken and nail-less. Hurt like a mother and I won't be able to squat for a while.

Also a few weeks ago I was switching the squat rack from squats to bench and forgot to remove the weight. I am running Bill Starr's 5 x 5 so I bench right after squat in my power cage. I generally leave a 45 on either side after squat, lift the bar down to my safety bars(think: reverse hang clean), then adjust the starting rack for bench. Well, this time I removed some of the weight, but got distracted and left 2 45s on either side. Picked up bar to drop it down expecting 135(light weight) only to be holding 225lbs and nearly destroyed my back bringing it down.

Those are my experiences with gym idiocy.
    Dang man I'm sorry to hear that. When I was in high school I happened to see across the weight room that day a varsity football player squatting without his shoes on and when he took one of the 45 pound weights off it slipped from his hand and landed straight on his toe. I literally saw his face turn as white as the background I am writing on and I know why, I looked at his foot and his whole toe was cut off. I felt so bad for the dude.

P.S. I too am an alcoholic and I commend you on being sober for a year!
    <o)))>< By His Power <o)))><

wants to be called Dan. hcoyle545's Avatar
    hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ChristReppin View Post
    Dang man I'm sorry to hear that. When I was in high school I happened to see across the weight room that day a varsity football player squatting without his shoes on and when he took one of the 45 pound weights off it slipped from his hand and landed straight on his toe. I literally saw his face turn as white as the background I am writing on and I know why, I looked at his foot and his whole toe was cut off. I felt so bad for the dude.

P.S. I too am an alcoholic and I commend you on being sober for a year!
    Was smiling at misfortune until I read the last bit. Smile wiped from my face faster than has ever been seen.
    BJJ / Greyskull LP log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166276471&p=1337135191&posted=1#post1337135191

mck450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i ripped an unreal fart about 2 feet away from the hottest personal trainers, i tryed to clench to stop it but that just made it worst.... i felt like a gym idiot

Moderek will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moderek will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moderek will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moderek will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moderek will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moderek will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moderek will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moderek will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moderek will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moderek will become famous soon enough. (+50) Moderek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. If I ask for a spot when I am benching have some courtousy and wipe the sweat off your forehead before it drips in my face in the middle of the set!
    2. People who use the stair climber but take the elevator up 1 floor.
    3. The stupid F%^K that always taps me on my shoulder, makes me romove my head phones, JUST to ask me if I'm using the bench that is on the other side of the G()D DA*MM GYM!!=super gym idiot
    Last edited by Moderek; 03-03-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight, but i do" - Ronnie Coleman

Training for an iron butt Icepray's Avatar
    Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was squatting and some guy asked how many sets i have left (I see him quite often), I said 2 and he asked if we could alternate... it's a squat rack so I thought he was going to squat, so I said sure.

I help him deload, he then proceeds to use the barbel to curl... so I have no shared the squat rack so somebody can curl xD

Didn't make a big deal just found it pretty amusing hehe
    Follow my vlog on my journey as an Amputee !
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/icepray
    Instagram: Icepray
    ********: www.********.com/ampuvation

Dyslexic Superhero InhudibleCrelk's Avatar
    InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    shadow lifters... let me explain.

haters that will watch you do a set (or two) and then decide to alter their workout (let's say they're doing arms, i'm doing chest) and load up the bench next to you with the same weight you have on it... they do 1 pathetic set with horrible form and incomplete reps... walk around for a second then disappear.

shadow lifters seem to occur at least once a week for me because I'm a smaller guy with a lot of strength... these are the gym idiots i enjoy laughing at... sometimes I'll just load up whatever exercise i'm doing that they're trying to copy and blow their ass out of the water!

PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by InhudibleCrelk View Post

haters that will watch you do a set (or two) and then decide to alter their workout (let's say they're doing arms, i'm doing chest) and load up the bench next to you with the same weight you have on it... they do 1 pathetic set with horrible form and incomplete reps... walk around for a second then disappear.

shadow lifters seem to occur at least once a week for me because I'm a smaller guy with a lot of strength... these are the gym idiots i enjoy laughing at... sometimes I'll just load up whatever exercise i'm doing that they're trying to copy and blow their ass out of the water!
    I make sure to make eye contact with these losers and shake my head, visibly disgusted. It always does the trick and they disappear to walking on the treadmill or doing swinging/full-body curls.

ramywebas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gym idiot is every where around the world ........... they come to gym start talking not training ...and the thing that make me mad that the idiot when he found another guy who is better than him ..... he just say "" steroids and **** " ........ that's awfully ****ty brains

NativeBody is not very well liked. (-100) NativeBody is not very well liked. (-100) NativeBody is not very well liked. (-100) NativeBody is not very well liked. (-100) NativeBody is not very well liked. (-100) NativeBody is not very well liked. (-100) NativeBody is not very well liked. (-100) NativeBody is not very well liked. (-100) NativeBody is not very well liked. (-100) NativeBody is not very well liked. (-100) NativeBody is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm the gym ******* anddd one day a silly betch told me to give my dick to herrrrr bahahha
    Fight ! Not to fail ! Not to fall ! OR YOU'LL END UP LIKE THE OTHERS!!

Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by InhudibleCrelk View Post

Always seems to happen to me when I am squatting. Dudes way bigger than me put on as I am doing and do 1/8 squats and act like they are big.

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    At my university gym you've pretty much gotta be sitting on your flat bench the entire time and looking at the weight on the barbell or else someone is going to start taking it off and steal your bench.

I tried leaving my waterbottle on the bench when I went to spot a friend on his squats but that didn't work. Came back and some newbie lifters had started taking my plates off and had thrown my waterbottle to the ground. (I say thrown because it was sideways not like it had been placed down)
    I ran over there and said "What the **** are you doing?"
    One of them said "Oh you were using this?"
    Me:"My waterbottle was on it and the weight was still loaded, I was gone less than 30 seconds."

So they left, half of my plates taken off, didn't apologize or say anything. I was gonna yell at them to put my weight back and ask why they had thrown my waterbottle but at that point I risked looking like a 'gym psycho'.
    Misc Strength Crew

GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000)
    On the weekends I workout at a relatively small gym by my parents house when I visit. They have free weights etc... so it works out great.

I always seem to run into those 6 high school "gym rats" who show up in those big groups with their high socks, flat bill baseball caps, and youth small t-shirts. This gym has a smith machine for its "bench" so if I'm ever hitting chest I use DB's.

It never ceases to amaze me their simple routine...

1) Wait till smith machine is open no matter what
    2) If smith machine is not open, warm up with countless bands and act to be on phones till smith machine is open
    3) Go to free weight section and preceed to do curls
    4) **** stabilizer muscles from here on out only machines will be used
    5) Finish off when a set of hanging leg raises supersetted with machine bicep curls

All in all, 4 exercises that takes them 75 minutes without breaking a sweat.

The highlight of my day was when I was doing 3X5 deadlifts with 340lbs the other day and one kid starts staring at me. So I said "What's up?", the kid says "Dude you shouldn't be using that much weight you'll hurt your back". I preceeded to chuckle and politely told him the reason he will never make gains is because he's too busy on dat dere smith machine.
    *LSU crew*

BrentsBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrentsBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrentsBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrentsBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrentsBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrentsBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrentsBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrentsBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrentsBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrentsBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrentsBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Time for another rant!

To the flaming F@@king idiots who decide to use the locker right next to mine! HELLO! how about a buffer zone there are plenty of others free and no one else using them why go next to me!

Also when there is 16 showers free and I'm the only one in there DONT GO NEXT TO ME BUFFER ZONE! seriously why not go 3 showers down or something!!
    Men's best successes come after their disappointments

Start Weight: 15/12/2010 - 112.0kg

Current Weight: 22/11/2011 - 87.8kg

Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BrentsBlog View Post
    Time for another rant!

To the flaming F@@king idiots who decide to use the locker right next to mine! HELLO! how about a buffer zone there are plenty of others free and no one else using them why go next to me!

Also when there is 16 showers free and I'm the only one in there DONT GO NEXT TO ME BUFFER ZONE! seriously why not go 3 showers down or something!!
    That is so awkward. I would turn off my shower and just leave until he was done.

CPADude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm on this pull-up program the other day. We have two pull-up stations. This guy goes over to mine and tries to show off. I know I can do more than this guy (with correct form), but I'm working on upping my reps. Not working to failure. Gym idiot.

gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gpo613 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Last Friday night I encountered the gym idiot. Proceeds to tell me my form on deadlift is terrible. Actually I know this as I am just getting back into deadlifting. He then tells me that deadlifting is not good and is a waste. Then he starts in with the how long have you been lifting and how much can you bench. I finally get rid of him and he moves onto another guy asking how much can he bench and how long has he been lifting.

The guy finally left. The other guy says to me that he was so glad that the idiot finally left us alone.

If I just met you and I did not start the conversation don't ask me about my lifts. If you want to know my lifts show up when I workout.

lamdonny will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamdonny will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamdonny will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamdonny will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamdonny will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamdonny will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamdonny will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamdonny will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamdonny will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamdonny will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamdonny will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My gym is full of these idiots.

Tarnor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tarnor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tarnor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tarnor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tarnor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tarnor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tarnor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tarnor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tarnor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tarnor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tarnor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    One New Year Resolutioner always had a 1,5L bottle coca cola as his workout drink, but six after new year he stopped coming.

Fred823 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There was a older guy, in his late 40's, early 50's who was there with his daughter. Both in semi good shape. The guy had on a get up that you might see chuck norris work out in. There was another family, a mother and daughter, who were obviously new to the free weight section. The man had been following them around basically telling them how to work out. I started paying attention once they got closer to me. The man sets the family up, then he sits down at the preacher curl and proceeds to curl probably 100-110 (i didnt count it), using his entire body. Going from sitting with the bar to his chin, to standing up and letting the weight fall back to the rack. Throwing his back into it, bending his knees blah blah blah HORRIBLE form. Even I knew that. I looked and shook my head at the irony of his teachings.

alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol. Here's another one to look out for: Depending on the gym you're at, some places keep their barbells like SUPERoiled, mate. Anyways, one day I go to start doing back squat. I put 225 on the bar. This is a warmup set so I don't bother to clamp the sides. Long story short, I step out of the rack with the weights and hear "CLUMP, CLUMP. CLUMP-CLUMP!"....the damn plates slipped right off! #EPICFAIL ;D

e
    Originally Posted by ShinKenshiro View Post
    Hi. New guy here. Been lurking, but finally decided to show my face. Anywho, I had a gym idiot moment some weeks back. I just deep squatted 325 for the first time, a personal record. I was so excited, I started unracking the weights, but only one side at a time. Long story short, the other side came crashing down. All I could do was watch. Luckily, no one was hurt. Man I was embarrassed.

Envz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    People with the worst possible form, doing the heaviest possible weight, and then trying to give you tips and say where you're going wrong

PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Envz View Post
    People with the worst possible form, doing the heaviest possible weight, and then trying to give you tips and say where you're going wrong
    In my old gym they did the weight/form thing but would just sit there and laugh at other people or talk sht
    Ohio State Crew
    Cavs
    Indians
    Browns
    DSM Crew

nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10) nlmain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good breakdown.

how about if you complain about injury and never take 2 minutes to warm up? I've heard that one a few times.

AFG991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The new guys at the gym with the huge beats by dre headphones...

Musical Ambassador BluesInfused's Avatar
    BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AFG991 View Post
    The new guys at the gym with the huge beats by dre headphones...
    this.... lol
    There is no end goal in lifting, there is only a lifestyle.

Musical Ambassador BluesInfused's Avatar
    BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BluesInfused has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    great post haha
    There is no end goal in lifting, there is only a lifestyle.

Prediluted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prediluted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prediluted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prediluted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prediluted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prediluted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prediluted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prediluted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prediluted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prediluted is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prediluted is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by j1akey View Post
    So today a guy asks me to spot him on the bench...OK sure, no problem.

He knocks out 3 reps and #4 I needed to help on a little bit, 5 I needed to help on alot, then the guy proceeds to do 5 more reps! I came over here to spot you not get in a set of curls!

I wish people would just do the weight that is appropriate for them.
    It's almost as bad when you ask someone to spot you, and they think that is what you are going for. The other day I was doing seated dumbbell shoulder press, and I was going for a heavy(ish) set, shooting for 6 reps. I have had issues with my shoulders in the past so I asked some random kid for a spot. My first hint should have been when he walks around in front of me as if to help me pick the weight off the floor? I tell him I am all set with that, and that I just need his help if I start to fail, and I would do something to signal him to let him know. Once I got the weight into position, the kid maintained hand position on the inside head of each dumbbell the entire time I was lifting. After rep 4 when I started to slow down a little bit, he proceeded to lift up on the inside head of the dumbbell to help me out with each rep. It made it feel like the weight was being pushed outwards, putting a bit of strain on my shoulders. I was able to get a set of 12 with all his assistance, what a nice guy. Safe to say on my next set, I did not ask him to give me a hand.

Closed Thread
Page 276 of 334 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 ... LastLast