Closed Thread
Page 313 of 334 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 323 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,390 of 10001
    Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by deelanad View Post
    there are 3 skinny kids in my gym all the time and all they ever do is upper body stuff, which is annoying enough, however the other day i saw them using straps for lat pulldowns, they were strapping their hands to the bar and then pulling down

am i missing something here?
    They probably have weak forearms like me. The other day my forearms were so tired from bicep exercises, I couldn't do my back exercises properly. I wish I had straps then :P

melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The gym I go to has a dedicated power lifting room, with a door that closes off to the rest of the gym and a window looking out into the main gym area. I don't normally notice other people in the main gym area, but two guys seemed to stick out this past weekend. They came out of the locker room wearing belts (that never came off once, of course), wrist wraps (looked like Inzer Z) and rehband sleeves. My first thought was that I was going to have company in the power lifting room. Nope. They headed straight for the dumbbells and the mirrors. They did the oddest alternating "uppercut" curls I've ever seen. After doing that for a while, they just walked around for about 15 minutes. Then back to the dumbbells. More alternating "uppercut" curls. One guy noticed me chalking up to deadlift, walks in, looks at me quite seriously, and says "Getting a good pump bro?". I couldn't place his accent, but it sounded almost German. Anyway, he chalks up and leaves the power lifting room to resume his curl session. As I was leaving, I noticed they had moved on to the leg press. I had to stop for a few seconds because the guy who was using the machine had his legs fully extended and locked, and the other guy just kept adding plates. I'm not sure if they were trolling IRL, or just odd.
    Last Meet:
    April 16, 2016 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZbWY-FVw0)
    1,443 lbs @ 270 lbs (529.1 squat, 303.1 bench, 611.8 deadlift)

Next Meet:
    August 6, 2016
    GOALS: 1,482 lbs @ 270 lbs (540 squat, 314 bench, 628 deadlift)

snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I log into ******** and people have to declare when they go to the gym

akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by deelanad View Post
    there are 3 skinny kids in my gym all the time and all they ever do is upper body stuff, which is annoying enough, however the other day i saw them using straps for lat pulldowns, they were strapping their hands to the bar and then pulling down

am i missing something here?
    It depends on the rest of their workout. I use straps on back day for everything (deadlifts, lat pulldowns, low cable rows, etc) because I have relatively weak forearms and that would cause my back workout to suffer. I'd rather look like a newb and get bigger rather than look normal and not grow .

edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you're an ******* when you try to use your size to 'scare' the skinnier guys.
    Get the body YOU want,not the body others tell you to have...

Live your life how you want it, but make sure you live happy.

pHUiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) pHUiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) pHUiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) pHUiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) pHUiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) pHUiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) pHUiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) pHUiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) pHUiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) pHUiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) pHUiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by edge131 View Post
    Agreed, it's completely stupid.
    The 112 DAYS OF CARNAGE VLOG is official

New video every day for 112 days.

VLOG:

1. Reflection
    2. Workouts
    3. Meals
    4. Scientific principles
    5. Motivation
    6. Learning

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151041963&page=1

Myfitnesspal food diary

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/pHUiii

Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Now that I've gotten really serious about my lifting, I feel like a gym idiot for being a member of Planet Fitness....... lulz
    My intensity is the highest in there out of everyone...but that's not exactly impressive IMO.
    505 / 315 / 545

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by edge131 View Post
    Thankfully, there's no one like that in my gym. But seriously - why do that? You're bigger than me, I get it. So what?
    Last edited by FitnessFan76; 04-03-2013 at 03:59 AM.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FitnessFan76 View Post
    Thankfully, there's no one like that in my gym. But seriously - why do that? You're bigger than me, I get it. So what?
    not just that but they are forgetting that they were not always big like that, once they were small as well! rather than show-off or try to scare people it would be better if they give tips and motivate/train the smaller guys...
    Get the body YOU want,not the body others tell you to have...

Live your life how you want it, but make sure you live happy.

pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000)
    This one dude at the gym constantly goes on and on about how good squats are and how everyone should do them. He even goes as far as to make fun of the people who only bench and claim that they all have man-boobs. Yet this guy himself does quarter knee bends and doesn't come down to his chest on the bench.
    TM Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145984543&highlight=pyaarawala

Texas Method -- Shredding down this body fat while maintaining strength --> Lean & mean

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pyaarawala View Post
    This one dude at the gym constantly goes on and on about how good squats are and how everyone should do them. He even goes as far as to make fun of the people who only bench and claim that they all have man-boobs. Yet this guy himself does quarter knee bends and doesn't come down to his chest on the bench.
    Anyone going around criticising everyone else can't possibly be getting even a half decent training session in.

not just that but they are forgetting that they were not always big like that, once they were small as well! rather than show-off or try to scare people it would be better if they give tips and motivate/train the smaller guys...
    I'm easily the smallest and thinnest person in my gym (no, really!!) and there are some real hulks in there; if they went around intimidating smaller people all the time, I very much doubt whether I'd be able to stick with it. I enjoy going to my gym, but that wouldn't be the case if there were idiots like that there.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

exalin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exalin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exalin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exalin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exalin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exalin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exalin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exalin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exalin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exalin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exalin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    dickheads who sit on machines or using dumbbells who just sit there for ages when i wanna use it...training with no intensity, pisses me right off.

Today, someone took three or four barbells from the rack and proceeded to lay them out in a row - right next to the rack. This made it more than a bit awkward to get a barbell off the rack!

Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We got a guy that comes in smelling a cig smoke, which normally doesnt bother me, but this guy smells like he sat in a closet and smoked a full pack with the door shut....

Originally Posted by Elkahallick View Post
    We got a guy that comes in smelling a cig smoke, which normally doesnt bother me, but this guy smells like he sat in a closet and smoked a full pack with the door shut....
    Ugh - I would really hate that while training. I don't like the smell of smoke at the best of times, but while training it would just piss me off.

BigMauiRick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by exalin View Post
    dickheads who sit on machines or using dumbbells who just sit there for ages when i wanna use it...training with no intensity, pisses me right off.
    Agreed. There's a guy at the gym who marries whatever bench he is on during peak hours. Not upset at him for needing to use it for however long he wants to use it (about 30 min) but I got pissed when he set his dumbbells on the seat/bench between sets and just stood next to it to make sure nobody can share it with him. I wanted to use the bench too so I was going to politely ask him if I could alternate sets on it with him but he turned the other way when I started talking to him and was wearing headphones. Clearly just being a dick about it. A few of us, waiting, looked at each other shaking our heads.
    "Liftin' aint easy, but somebody's gotta do it." - Lots of people have probably said this but... -Me too

"Any food that helps me achieve a better physique tastes delicious to me." -Me

misterallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) misterallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) misterallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) misterallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) misterallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) misterallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lool

Middlewt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Middlewt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Middlewt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Middlewt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Middlewt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Middlewt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Middlewt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Middlewt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Middlewt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Middlewt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Middlewt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To the three young guys who were "working out" this morning at my gym:
    First of all, when you share a machine, one of you should be using it at all times. It's not good gym etiquette to each do a set, then waste 5 minutes standing there talking before you start up again. Secondly, you could do a better job on those standing calf raises. I only saw you "bouncing" really fast; try to raise the weight slowly and then lower it even MORE slowly, so you actually work your calves. Thirdly, if you had only asked me, I would have shared the leg ext. machine with you; I only had one more set left. Oh yeah, and when I went to the calf machine after you guys were (finally) done with it, I added about 60 pounds to do my raises. And I'm a GIRL. Just sayin'.
    ***Sick of bein' the chubby friend crew***

Middlewt

Originally Posted by BigMauiRick View Post
    I wanted to use the bench too so I was going to politely ask him if I could alternate sets
    That makes sense - are most people usually cool with doing that?

jkordis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkordis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkordis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkordis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkordis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkordis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkordis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkordis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkordis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkordis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkordis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Saw this happen last week to someone.

I work at an Air National Guard base full time and one of the perks is that we are allotted an hour to an hour and a half, three-four times a week to go to the gym, since being "fit" is a requirement. It's pretty nice since so few people choose to utilize the privilege it always leaves the equipment free to use. But I digress...

Gym idiots are the people that use their time before lunch then go to the dining facility for tacos, french fries, and sodas. They then complain about how they failed their fitness evaluation.

For reference minimum passing scores for someone at age 21-30 is something like: At least 33 push ups in a minute, at least 42 sit-ups in a minute, and something like under 13 minute mile and a half. All pretty simple stuff.

Originally Posted by jkordis View Post

Gym idiots are the people that use their time before lunch then go to the dining facility for tacos, french fries, and sodas. They then complain about how they failed their fitness evaluation.
    Exactly. Yesterday when doing my 'medium' day of All Pro beginner routine, I did ten minutes of cardio - that's five before and five after the training session. MyFitnessPal informed me I'd 'earned' 86 calories from exercise. 86 calories - yet some people probably think doing a ten or twenty minute, or even an hour's cardio session or run entitles them to inhale an entire medium pizza (easily north of 2,500 calories) because they'd 'earned' it at the gym. Anyone who wastes their money is an idiot, gym or otherwise.

Steve0709 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started using the gym a month ago, I think I may be a gym idiot, but I don't do/think like any of the examples

snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50) snukers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol everytime I see this one guy at the gym I wonder where the hell he learned to workout

So try to imagine this, this guy is about 50 and in abot average shape for someone his age. When I see him he does ridiculous exercise I wouldn't be able to even think of if I didn't see it

One of my favorites is when he gets underneath a smith machine and pushes it up with his feet while lieing on his back kind of like it wad an upside down leg press lmfao

Another is when he goes to the assisted pull up bar and pushes the counter weights down while holding onto the dip bars

lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by snukers View Post
    One of my favorites is when he gets underneath a smith machine and pushes it up with his feet while lieing on his back kind of like it wad an upside down leg press lmfao
    This is a legitimate alternative to leg press. It's actually very affective - you should try it.

vecchioni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel like a gym idiot half the time I am there even though I know I am not compared to most especially after reading a lot of this thread! We have so many at the local gym here that do these things which makes me feel a bit better knowing people like you guys and gals aren't talking about me on the online forums! haha

I am just starting out though so I don't mind others thinking I am doing something wrong. I actually ask the obviously more experienced gym rats for advice half the time when I see they are in between sets. Luckily I don't go to Golds or Planet Gayness ;-) so they actually help me out!

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    some 60 year old guy, loads the leg press with probably 720lbs then proceed to do quater rom. god bless his joints and bones.

Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was talking with this guy, but then I started to do an exercise (not gonna wait 5 minutes to finish a conversation lol).
    He continued talking, but walked away when I didn't respond, lol.

Registered User enigmaticenergy's Avatar
    enigmaticenergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) enigmaticenergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) enigmaticenergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) enigmaticenergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) enigmaticenergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) enigmaticenergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) enigmaticenergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) enigmaticenergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) enigmaticenergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) enigmaticenergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) enigmaticenergy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Started working out with a guy who's been a friend for years. Today was back day, and he proceeds to tell me every exercise I'm doing is a 'shoulder workout'. Lat pulldowns, rows, etc. He does roughly 6 sets of deadlifts and the same on extensions, and that's his back day. Apparently I did shoulders today. News to me. smh.
    I float through
    Without grasping
    I collect everything

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by snukers View Post
    Boom:

Still safer than this (I'm sure this was just for show)

On the road to 1250

Train consistently, move iron with purpose, eat well, sleep well and achieve.

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    To the ladies that feel the need to workout with earings/jewlery, you are officially idiots.
    On the road to 1250

Train consistently, move iron with purpose, eat well, sleep well and achieve.

Closed Thread
Page 313 of 334 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 323 ... LastLast