Closed Thread
Page 264 of 334 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,920 of 10001
    armsandlegs, i has them Ihasarmsandlegs's Avatar
    Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by azmark View Post
    Am I a gym idiot? I was curious what you thought about having asking you if you need a spot while benching? I saw a guy at the gym this morning on the bench and I was across from him and saw him working out and somewhere in his 3rd or 4th set and his last set was 275lbs and he had a hard time toward the end so I thought why not ask if he needed a spot when he loaded up 6 plates(this is at about 4am so there was maybe 3 other guys on that side of the gym). He politely decline but thinking about it maybe it can be considered rude for some or am I just over-thinking it?
    nah man, personally, i think thats cool of you to ask. i mean if he knew for a fact he would need it then im sure he would have asked, but at the same time sometimes someone offering to give you a spot is enough to give you a bit more confidence in the lift if in fact you think you might have some trouble with it.

TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ihasarmsandlegs View Post
    nah man, personally, i think thats cool of you to ask. i mean if he knew for a fact he would need it then im sure he would have asked, but at the same time sometimes someone offering to give you a spot is enough to give you a bit more confidence in the lift if in fact you think you might have some trouble with it.
    Yayyy for Rep Power: 1!!!
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TrueSkills View Post
    Yayyy for Rep Power: 1!!!
    lol i know right. im gonna throw a party to celebrate, its a warm balmy 15 fahrenheit in Winnipeg right now, cmon down guys, byob.

azazelo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azazelo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azazelo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azazelo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azazelo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azazelo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azazelo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azazelo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azazelo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azazelo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azazelo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DerAlta View Post
    A skinny kid with a 6 pack, is like a fat girl with big boobs. They cancel each other out.
    Some good laughs were had man. Repped.

only thing is.. you cant buy fake abs!

... or can you? lol

akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol at this thread. So many examples are so true, but sadly i think we all have our own personal gym idiot moments. Mine is most likely today. Im doing back session today, and can never be out the gym in less then a hour. i will use EVERY back machine there is in the gym (its a BIG gym) and every possible excercise regarding the lats,middle back, lower back etc concieved by man. Otherwise i feel like i havnt done a good work out. I am a gym idiot

TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by akuma222 View Post
    lol at this thread. So many examples are so true, but sadly i think we all have our own personal gym idiot moments. Mine is most likely today. Im doing back session today, and can never be out the gym in less then a hour. i will use EVERY back machine there is in the gym (its a BIG gym) and every possible excercise regarding the lats,middle back, lower back etc concieved by man. Otherwise i feel like i havnt done a good work out. I am a gym idiot
    If you are pushing yourself and training with intensity, how in the world do you have the strength!? After weighted pullups, deadlifts, rows, and shrugs im usually shaking im so tired.
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And another gym idiot story...or perhaps gym douche story.

So I have two memberships, one is to a nice 24 hour small laid back place that I am amazed is still in business I swear I am the only one there, and I have a Gold's membership. I work out at the 24 hour place as they have just about everything I need, but I go to Gold's to do legs.

A female friend asked if I wanted to work out together. So I went to Gold's last week and there are these three guys...they are straight outta fricken Looney Tunes.

Guy A is clearly the Alpha, he is probably 6'3" and at least 250, the guy is quite large and ripped.
    Guy B is all of 5'3" weighs maybe 190, and is at least 25% BF, wearing Ed Hardy gear and TapOut gear
    Guy C is also about 5'3" same physique as guy B and I could swear it was Turtle from Entourage

So they have assumed their normal position by the water fountain where they sit snicker and critique everyone's form and "lack of weight". Guy C spends his time cracking jokes trying to impress Guy A and Guy B chuickles along almost like in a "yea boss how bout dat there boss yea", like Spike and the little dog from Looney Tunes.

So I was with a female friend of mine who happens to be a figure competitor. Bench has always been my weakest lift, but I started doing GVT and has some corrections on my form and it has gone up quite a bit. So I load up the bar with 180lbs and get ready to start. I am going to be doing 10 sets of 10 (for those not familiar with GVT). As soon as I start I hear Guy C start making fun of me for my weight being lifted...so now I have done three sets or so and he is laughing and comes up to me and asks if he can jump in. I say sure why not.

He makes a big deal about loading two more 10lb plates to the bar...so he throws his 200lbs up 6 times and sets the weight down, then says something like "That's man's weight" when he gets back to his buddies. I didn't quite hear it but my lady friend did. She walked over did the 200lbs 10 times set it down, walked over to him and said "no its women's weight, worry about yourself little boy".

I almost **** my pants I was laughing so hard...when she walked up to him he looked legit scared out of his mind.

So I left his 200 on the bar and finished my 10 sets, ended up around 8reps the rest of the way, but it kinda worked out for me...forced me to push myself harder.

So in the 2 hours I was there, Guy A did a lot of lifting, and Guy B and Guy C did 1 set...the 6 reps on the bench by me.

I was telling my friend that I didn't give a **** let Turtle talk all the crap he wants, and she said she had to say something that those guys are there 3 times a week, and are always making side comments, and she has been waiting to say something to them for a month.

When we left the gym later I am sure it was water from the fountain but there was a line which we joked might have been a pee trail from her scaring him.

Originally Posted by Andrew2076 View Post

So I have two memberships, one is to a nice 24 hour small laid back place that I am amazed is still in business I swear I am the only one there, and I have a Gold's membership. I work out at the 24 hour place as they have just about everything I need, but I go to Gold's to do legs.

A female friend asked if I wanted to work out together. So I went to Gold's last week and there are these three guys...they are straight outta fricken Looney Tunes.

Guy A is clearly the Alpha, he is probably 6'3" and at least 250, the guy is quite large and ripped.
    Guy B is all of 5'3" weighs maybe 190, and is at least 25% BF, wearing Ed Hardy gear and TapOut gear
    Guy C is also about 5'3" same physique as guy B and I could swear it was Turtle from Entourage

So they have assumed their normal position by the water fountain where they sit snicker and critique everyone's form and "lack of weight". Guy C spends his time cracking jokes trying to impress Guy A and Guy B chuickles along almost like in a "yea boss how bout dat there boss yea", like Spike and the little dog from Looney Tunes.

So I was with a female friend of mine who happens to be a figure competitor. Bench has always been my weakest lift, but I started doing GVT and has some corrections on my form and it has gone up quite a bit. So I load up the bar with 180lbs and get ready to start. I am going to be doing 10 sets of 10 (for those not familiar with GVT). As soon as I start I hear Guy C start making fun of me for my weight being lifted...so now I have done three sets or so and he is laughing and comes up to me and asks if he can jump in. I say sure why not.

He makes a big deal about loading two more 10lb plates to the bar...so he throws his 200lbs up 6 times and sets the weight down, then says something like "That's man's weight" when he gets back to his buddies. I didn't quite hear it but my lady friend did. She walked over did the 200lbs 10 times set it down, walked over to him and said "no its women's weight, worry about yourself little boy".

I almost **** my pants I was laughing so hard...when she walked up to him he looked legit scared out of his mind.

So I left his 200 on the bar and finished my 10 sets, ended up around 8reps the rest of the way, but it kinda worked out for me...forced me to push myself harder.

So in the 2 hours I was there, Guy A did a lot of lifting, and Guy B and Guy C did 1 set...the 6 reps on the bench by me.

I was telling my friend that I didn't give a **** let Turtle talk all the crap he wants, and she said she had to say something that those guys are there 3 times a week, and are always making side comments, and she has been waiting to say something to them for a month.

When we left the gym later I am sure it was water from the fountain but there was a line which we joked might have been a pee trail from her scaring him.
    amazing story is amazing. haha wow.

akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) akuma222 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you are pushing yourself and training with intensity, how in the world do you have the strength!? After weighted pullups, deadlifts, rows, and shrugs im usually shaking im so tired.
    Trust me! i am so tired and dreched in sweat, its unreal. I am so tired and sore that i couldnt do my laces on my shoes after. (i tripped up in front of 2 very hot brunettes yesterday because of laces not done)

jianliuga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol good stuff

Originally Posted by akuma222 View Post
    Trust me! i am so tired and dreched in sweat, its unreal. I am so tired and sore that i couldnt do my laces on my shoes after. (i tripped up in front of 2 very hot brunettes yesterday because of laces not done)
    lol thats nuts then man.
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

Not to poke a flaw in your story or anything, but figure competitors are nicely built women with low bf% and usually not that strong in lifts aside from maybe legs. I dont even think the strongest of female BB's on roids are repping 200x10. Is this woman superwoman or something? Great story though...like something that should be in a movie
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

Registered User sunnysunshineRM's Avatar
    sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My room mate is an offical gym idiot. I went to my apartment gym to workout. I decided I was going to do Kris Gethin's DTP (dramatic transformation principle) on my biceps and triceps. I was in the middle of my tricep extensions when she walked over and said hi. I said hi back and kept going. She kept trying to talk to me but since my hearing aide was completely turned off at the moment it was easy to ignore her. when I was done I sat up and chatted with her.

She started telling me about how I should be working out so I could build muscle and burn calories. I had just begun so obviously I wasn't sweating and breathing heavily just yet so to her it probably looked like I wasn't doing much to my muscles. For example, she said I should bounce up and down while doing bicep curls. So I showed her my workout. Her arms swung all over the place in both the tricep ext and the bicep curls. And then after the first set she quit and went back to her workout.

I tried to get back in the 'zone' as you call it but I was too irritated and left. I mean what was I suppose to do next? Repeat the first set of 50 before moving on to the second set of 40 and so forth? I should've just ignored her or said I"m in the middle of my workout and rather not chat. Buuuuut I"m too nice. Makes me want to never workout at the apartment gym again.

My room mates are really nice and all but sure loves to tell me how I should be eatting and working out. She's what I call a cardio bunny light weights and everything. I lift heavy because I enjoy it. And thats what I'm going to do. I lost thirty pounds in the first 12 weeks and I plan on losing 30 more in the second 12 weeks.
    2 timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not to poke a flaw in your story or anything, but figure competitors are nicely built women with low bf% and usually not that strong in lifts aside from maybe legs. I dont even think the strongest of female BB's on roids are repping 200x10. Is this woman superwoman or something? Great story though...like something that should be in a movie
    I am fine if you choose not to believe my story, your choice. She is rather large for a figure competitor, and is quite strong. Former gymnast, and well is freakishly strong...besides how many guys would like to openly admit that they got out lifted by a girl...

...besides how many guys would like to openly admit that they got out lifted by a girl...
    ^^ true story.

lol today i saw someone walking around the gym with weights, and i dont mean like a farmers walk or whatever... they were literally just walking around with 1 dumbbell, not 2, and doing single arm hammer curls with maybe 12.5 lbs tops. just the one arm though because who needs symmetry when you can just flex the right arm for the ladies?

rogingenD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rogingenD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rogingenD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rogingenD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rogingenD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rogingenD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rogingenD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rogingenD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rogingenD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rogingenD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rogingenD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Canada Goose Parka

canadagoosesaleus com/]Canada Goose This specific recreational Mexico Goose Created from this material,obtaining a necessary strength in support of ladies' waist The companies canadagoosesaleus com/]Canada Goose Jacket will still be some encoded genus, till his or her's Data make contact with environmentally friendly canadagoosesaleus com/]Canada Goose Parka ratios When you find yourself rock climbing or possibly a tips, this specific hat can be good but also canadagoosesaleus com/]Canada Goose Jackets individuals are typically discovering persons as a many kinds One particular fleece could be canadagoosesaleus com/]Canada Goose Sale truly floor bottillons to obtain scaling with Ontario goose parka of an canadagoosesaleus com/]Cheap Canada Goose latest fashions in winter transfer present canadagoosesaleus com/]Canada Goose Cheap canadagoosesaleus com/
    a739292e1aa17a461130

GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^ true story.

lol today i saw someone walking around the gym with weights, and i dont mean like a farmers walk or whatever... they were literally just walking around with 1 dumbbell, not 2, and doing single arm hammer curls with maybe 12.5 lbs tops. just the one arm though because who needs symmetry when you can just flex the right arm for the ladies?
    l o ****ing l

the day I see 3 guys dragging a smith machine out of the front door of a gym I will die a happy man.
    *LSU crew*

SomKidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SomKidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SomKidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SomKidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SomKidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SomKidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SomKidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SomKidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SomKidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SomKidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SomKidd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am fine if you choose not to believe my story, your choice. She is rather large for a figure competitor, and is quite strong. Former gymnast, and well is freakishly strong...besides how many guys would like to openly admit that they got out lifted by a girl...
    Well if you're doing 180 for 10 sets of 10, I'm guessing you can do 200 for well over 10 reps.

Venjinze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Venjinze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Venjinze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Venjinze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Venjinze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Venjinze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Venjinze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Venjinze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Venjinze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Venjinze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Venjinze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol i know right. im gonna throw a party to celebrate, its a warm balmy 15 fahrenheit in Winnipeg right now, cmon down guys, byob.
    what kind of canadian measures temp. in fahrenheit?

Winston50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winston50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winston50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the rush on Monday from the "no self control on turkey day" was enough...i loath January...

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Venjinze View Post

Probably for the US residents who don't know what Celcius is.

15 is cold as ****. Do not envy.

200x10 is solid. I'm skeptical about said woman benching 200x10, but It's highly possible and made for a good story. I could imagine the little guys being the big dudes minions. The "yeah boss" part made me LOL.
    http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

What AFV said...he was converting it for me. As you can see, he was replying to my post.
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yesterday, while waiting to deadlift, i watched 2 guys pull a bench into the power rack and bench. they did a huge amount of sets and reps....turn around about 10 mins after they were done, and they were at the benches finally using them.

the way the gym is here, there are no platforms to lift...i have to steal a bar from a squat rack or power rack. they were taking my time...ok, ill stop b!tching.. :-p
    -Speed Kills, Strength Punishes-

Go hard for those that can go no more.- G Diesel

The future will soon be a thing of the past- George Carlin

I'm not into working out. My philosophy is no pain, no pain.- George Carlin

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.- Arnold

Working to weigh under 200 lbs.

yeah it was for the americans as was mentioned... and plus we measured things in the imperial system units til like the 70s or something. til we switched like the rest of the world.. lol

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My son and I were at the gym working shoulders today. I have a set of 30# DBs that I'm going to be doing front raises with. Anyway, I had no sooner picked them up off the rack, carried them over to the section of the gym, set them down...when this douche bag comes up to me to tell me that he wants one to do an exercise with. Not ask me if I was done...TELL me that he wants one. I told him no. Gets better-

I do my set, set the DBs down and walk over to the water fountain to get a drink. Said douche bag approaches me, tells me that I'm not currently using them so I don't need them. I looked at him and said "...I have 2 sets left with them, you can wait until I'm done. You have a problem with that?" Seriously...WTF? What would make somebody even THINK to do something like that. Told my son afterwards, as loudly as I possibly could within earshot of this jacka$$, that what this idiot did was absolutely ridiculous and really pi$$ poor gym etiquette.

Registered User sunnysunshineRM's Avatar
    sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personal Trainers that makes it hard to find someone who can teach proper form on compound lifts.

Today, I was at the gym and it was pretty crowded. (funny how on leg days I never have a problem getting a machine). A personal Trainer was with an overweight woman. Probably 300-400 pounds. He tied a rope around her waist and had her pull him down an aisle like she was the horse and he was the buggy holding her back. Where do they come up with this stuff?

And then he had her do this exercise that I don't know what it is or what its called. There is this loooong rope tube thing and she took the ends of it and bounce, wriggle the tube thing up and down. I think she moved her upper body up and down just waved her arms around. I wanted to get a picture of both but was too late. Makes me wonder if anyone ever asks the PT what this or that do and what purpose it serves and so forth. But my impression is that they look at the PT as if they can help them lose weight.

Based on seeing this how on earth do you find a PT (i still have a free session that i haven't used yet) that will teach me the compound lifts and not make me do this ridiculous stuff. I did have one good PT several years back that taught me about the split of back/bi and so forth but this was long before I learned about compound lifts and the wonders of it.

I'm a gym idiot cause the only thing I do for cardio is go up and down the stairs in my apartment complex which is four floors. :-D And i do it for 20 minutes each
    2 timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been reading through this thread for a while and finally decided to register, so I figured I'd share some of my experiences with gym idiots.

1. A guy loads up the EZ bar, and proceeds to do a curl, and then throw the weight up over his head and catch it for reps.

2. A guy has 30lb db's and swings them up over his head. These were not like kettle bell swings. He just swung them up from his sides so the exercise was not effective as a back OR shoulder workout.

3. Two guys using the cable to do biceps or something, and one turns to the other and says, "I don't know why anyone does these" and he starts doing low cable flyes. The other kid says, "yea I don't know either... well it's kinda like starting a lawn mower." Cable CHEST flyes like starting a lawnmower??? I couldn't believe what I was hearing...

4. Guys (usually skinny guys) that load up the bench press bar/squat bar and do AT MOST a 3" ROM.

5. Two guys that worked out together that stacked 25lb plates under one end of a flat bench (instead of using an incline bench) and laid face-down and did some sort of two-arm db rows and instead of controlling the negative of each rep, they let the weight slam down and did 20 or so reps.

6. Same guys on the preacher used a towel and one would pull down on it while the other resisted.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but I'm sure there are plenty more that I'll remember/see next time I'm at the gym...

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should just lurk and not post. You really have no clue

dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dciraolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What don't I have a clue about? I understand the concept of the rows and the preacher negatives, if those are what you're referring to, it was the fact that they felt the need to stack plates under the bench instead of using the adjustable incline bench, and the towel preachers just looked like one of them was going to let go of the towel accidentally and hurt themselves.

Closed Thread
Page 264 of 334 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 ... LastLast