Closed Thread
Page 258 of 334 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 260 268 308 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,740 of 10001
    BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Austere View Post
    Uh, what exercise is that supposed to be? I really can't tell.
    That's the Back Ripper. I mean, this guy used it to great effect:

bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodynbeauty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    haha very funny bro

lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Short and sweet for you guys. I won't spam the board with all my vids so check 'em out.

SFW.

allergic to creatine crew

lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by j1akey View Post
    Was out looking for gym idiot videos and found this and said wow that guy is bad. Then I said WTF, that's MY gym! (I'm totally serious) And I think I know who took that video! lol Going to ask the guy the next time I see him.

Hey did you ever ask the guy?
    allergic to creatine crew

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by lrich1 View Post
    the way he held the barbell, I was actually thinking really bad zercher squats
    I didn't think it could be a Zercher Squat, since that implies he's actually squatting.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Zercher bump

Registered User sunnysunshineRM's Avatar
    sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gesh thanks people. I been watching Stargate and everytime I see General Hammond I keep hearing "invisible lat syndrome" in my head. *shakes head*
    2 timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    General Hammond has visible fat syndrome, that is why his arms are always stuck out from his sides. But he could still kick your ass, he's a ****ing General!

armsandlegs, i has them Ihasarmsandlegs's Avatar
    Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sunnysunshineRM View Post
    Gesh thanks people. I been watching Stargate and everytime I see General Hammond I keep hearing "invisible lat syndrome" in my head. *shakes head*
    haha ILS.
    ps that back breaker vid is amazing. word on the street is he is trying to achieve spontaneous spondylolisthesis... but thats just rumor..

TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My gym changed ownership to Bodyplex so it is shut down until the 17th for remodeling. Therefore, I am having to go across town to the Bodyplex on the east side of town. So the first time I go there (a few nights ago) I walk in, explain my story, they tell me im good to go, and i continue to the free weights section to start my chest routine. The guy that works there and helped me when i came in runs over and grabs my attention real quick to inform me that he forgot to give me the "tour." After some common sense pointers and where the restrooms were, women's only side, ab room, etc. he asked if I had any questions. So as Im scanning the place I notice I dont see a squat rack. I asked him where it was--heres the kicker--he points to the smith machine and says "is that what youre talking about?" I say "No, thats a smith machine...is there no squat rack" I finally found it hid away over in the corner behind some treadmills and cables...

If you are going to work at a gym ATLEAST know your equipment for pete sake!
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TrueSkills View Post
    My gym changed ownership to Bodyplex so it is shut down until the 17th for remodeling. Therefore, I am having to go across town to the Bodyplex on the east side of town. So the first time I go there (a few nights ago) I walk in, explain my story, they tell me im good to go, and i continue to the free weights section to start my chest routine. The guy that works there and helped me when i came in runs over and grabs my attention real quick to inform me that he forgot to give me the "tour." After some common sense pointers and where the restrooms were, women's only side, ab room, etc. he asked if I had any questions. So as Im scanning the place I notice I dont see a squat rack. I asked him where it was--heres the kicker--he points to the smith machine and says "is that what youre talking about?" I say "No, thats a smith machine...is there no squat rack" I finally found it hid away over in the corner behind some treadmills and cables...

lol ive be going to a golds gym express (express because it only has dumbells a couple benches, a smith, and treadmills) and i was making small talk with some dude who was benching and i said i just wish this place had a squat rack and he looked at me like a retard and said thats what a smith machine is for, its a lot safer.
    My lift stats as of 09/24
    Deadlift 285
    squat 225
    OHP 105
    bench press 150
    Row 135

TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=danwantsicetea;779445883]lol ive be going to a golds gym express (express because it only has dumbells a couple benches, a smith, and treadmills) and i was making small talk with some dude who was benching and i said i just wish this place had a squat rack and he looked at me like a retard and said thats what a smith machine is for, its a lot safer.[/QUOTE
    Did you give him an erniestare? lol
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Isn't excessive use of a Smith Machine associated with injuries because it forces the body into unnatural ranges of motion?
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Isn't excessive use of a Smith Machine associated with injuries because it forces the body into unnatural ranges of motion?
    yeah i though so too
    My lift stats as of 09/24
    Deadlift 285
    squat 225
    OHP 105
    bench press 150
    Row 135

UrbanArtifact is on a distinguished road. (+10) UrbanArtifact is on a distinguished road. (+10) UrbanArtifact is on a distinguished road. (+10) UrbanArtifact is on a distinguished road. (+10) UrbanArtifact is on a distinguished road. (+10) UrbanArtifact is on a distinguished road. (+10) UrbanArtifact is on a distinguished road. (+10) UrbanArtifact is on a distinguished road. (+10) UrbanArtifact is on a distinguished road. (+10) UrbanArtifact is on a distinguished road. (+10) UrbanArtifact is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I mean, I run for about an hour maybe more before I lift. Technically from a scientific standpoint, cardio would be a better warm-up than a couple of sets of low weight reps. I don't see what's wrong with that from a strictly anatomical and scientific viewpoint.

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TrueSkills View Post

Well at least you're probably the only one using the squat rack.

Time to do some curls.
    http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lrich1 View Post
    the way he held the barbell, I was actually thinking really bad zercher squats
    Close. Though not seen very often, there is a Zercher Deadlift and it looks like he's practicing Rack Pulls for them (with form that should provide plenty of house payments for some lucky Chiropractor).

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    couldn't pay me to use that damn thing...

BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by j1akey View Post
    Was out looking for gym idiot videos and found this and said wow that guy is bad. Then I said WTF, that's MY gym! (I'm totally serious) And I think I know who took that video! lol Going to ask the guy the next time I see him.

''There’s this battle over waterboarding at places like Guantanamo Bay. I think that they should just say, “Hey, if you guys don’t talk, you have to see Hercules In New York.” I guarantee those guys would talk much faster. You don’t need to do waterboarding or anything else. That’s the ultimate threat.''

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Team Kai

''Well that's a kick in the gentleman relish'' MaKaiser

flash99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This week at my gym:

There is this one guy, as soon as you see him enter the weight room, he leaves a trail of weight plates lying on every machine he uses. I needed to use the bench for bench press. Naturally, he used it 10 minutes earlier and there are 4 45 lbs plates on the bar.

He passes by and I ask him if he's done with his bench press, he says "yeah yeah" real quick and goes to another machine.

Apparently he didn't detect my hidden message lol

DavidDom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see gym idiots every day I'm a the gym.

bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by UrbanArtifact View Post
    I mean, I run for about an hour maybe more before I lift. Technically from a scientific standpoint, cardio would be a better warm-up than a couple of sets of low weight reps. I don't see what's wrong with that from a strictly anatomical and scientific viewpoint.
    if your doing chest or back then how does running warm up those muscles.. running is fine for warming up legs but running doesnt hit every muscle effectively.. i will stand by my light weight warm up sets
    stats: jan 2012/ goals: jan 2013

DL :405/495
    Squat 275/315
    Bench 180/225 (feelsbadman)

Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes and it also causes AIDS, cancer, hemorrhoids, diarrhea, erectile dysfunction and blindness but mostly erectile dysfunction.

diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A Smith Machine killed my father.......and raped my mother.
    **CAN Army Veteran**
    TF 3-09 Roto 8

andoneward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been reading this thread for about a hour and have to input a couple of dumb things that I have seen in the gym recently.

Two guys were lifting together and they both were listening to their iPods. The problem came when they had to talk to each other and were basically yelling over their own music. This annoyed me even with my headphones on.

A group of girls the other day brought small iPod type boombox and listening to their music and everyone else got to 'enjoy' their music too by proxy. I thought that it was uncouth.

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Got one from today-

I'm running. If I'm training myself, I wear my MP3 player. Anyway, this tool comes over to me, taps me on the effen SHOULDER, points to some ratty looking towel about 20 feet away, and asks me if its mine. I stopped, took off my ear phones, looked at him, and asked "are you SERIOUS?!?" Ass*****.

Registered User sunnysunshineRM's Avatar
    sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Saw a few uhhh moments yesterday at the gym.

1st. I went over to the smith machine to do military press. (maybe I should just stick with the DBs until my shoulders get stronger). An old lady walked over to me and said something pointing at the other smith machine. I"m mostly deaf so I can barely hear her. I couldn't tell if she was asking me if I was using the smith machine next to me (why would I need two?) or if she wanted to knowwhat the machine was or if she wanted the weight off. So, I took the heavy weight off the bar for her and told her I wasn't using it and walked away to do my sets.

She unhooked the bar moved it just above her head and just started doing kicks. I"m serious! She held onto the bar and just kicked out with her feet like she was kicking a ball. 0_0 I can understand wanting to hold onto something while doing kicks but there are better places to being doing them then the smith machine. And the kicks didn't even look like working out kicks. It just looks like kicking a ball gently. *shrugs*

2. Next I saw a girl on the calf machine and she was just bouncing up and down her feet barely moving. I don't think it was shoulder shrugs with the calf machine but it certainly didn't look like she was working her calf.

3. Saw the usual on the treadmill. Two ladies walking around 2.0 mph just talking to each other. Dunno if they were preparing to run or not though. As much as I'd love to have a training partner with me at the gym; I'm there to work. Not talk.
    2 timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sunnysunshineRM View Post
    Saw a few uhhh moments yesterday at the gym.

1st. I went over to the smith machine to do military press. (maybe I should just stick with the DBs until my shoulders get stronger). An old lady walked over to me and said something pointing at the other smith machine. I"m mostly deaf so I can barely hear her. I couldn't tell if she was asking me if I was using the smith machine next to me (why would I need two?) or if she wanted to knowwhat the machine was or if she wanted the weight off. So, I took the heavy weight off the bar for her and told her I wasn't using it and walked away to do my sets.

She unhooked the bar moved it just above her head and just started doing kicks. I"m serious! She held onto the bar and just kicked out with her feet like she was kicking a ball. 0_0 I can understand wanting to hold onto something while doing kicks but there are better places to being doing them then the smith machine. And the kicks didn't even look like working out kicks. It just looks like kicking a ball gently. *shrugs*

2. Next I saw a girl on the calf machine and she was just bouncing up and down her feet barely moving. I don't think it was shoulder shrugs with the calf machine but it certainly didn't look like she was working her calf.

3. Saw the usual on the treadmill. Two ladies walking around 2.0 mph just talking to each other. Dunno if they were preparing to run or not though. As much as I'd love to have a training partner with me at the gym; I'm there to work. Not talk.
    SO after reading about curling in the squat rack a dozen times I witnessed the king of squat rack curling...

NO kidding this guy was curling in the squat rack and added 2.5 lb plates to each side...1 plate per side.

I was doing hack squats and a few other guys were in the vicinity and I think we all were laughing at this guy. He was using his back more then his arms and grunting away.

I would have taken a picture but he did...

THREE EFFIN REPS!

McBlouster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McBlouster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McBlouster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McBlouster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McBlouster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McBlouster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McBlouster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McBlouster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McBlouster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McBlouster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McBlouster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    buncha dudes taking turns doing low pulley curls
    except theyre laying flat on their backs on the floor

does that count as gym idiot or is there something i dont get about that exercise?

Resident Libertarian gigahertz123's Avatar
    gigahertz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigahertz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigahertz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigahertz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigahertz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigahertz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigahertz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigahertz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigahertz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigahertz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigahertz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok someone please enlighten me as to who is the gym idiot in this situation:

I get to the gym, my gym has two squat racks. One is occupied by a gentleman doing squats. The other has a bro in it doing 90 pound bent rows. I watch them do a couple sets because I don't mind waiting for a bit. I ask squatter, he says he still has a while left. I watch bro, figuring he's just finishing up some rows post-squat. After a bit more I ask how much longer he has. He says 6 more sets. I ask if he's just doing rows or if he is still going to do squats. He's just doing rows. I ask him if I can use the squat rack because he can do rows elsewhere.

He replies:

"**** you mother****er, don't tell me what to do, you fat ass ****. Look at you, I know what the **** I'm doing. **** off."

I would rather not deal with a roid-raging idiot like this so I head to the other side of the gym to get my dips and pull ups in. Whilst doing so I realize that what I said may have seemed insulting, implying that he did not know how to properly use the equipment. This was not my intent at all. I see him walking back towards my general area and I walk toward him and introduce myself, holding my hand out and explaining that I didn't mean to insult him. He refuses to make eye contact and walks past me.

What on earth could make someone so insecure and defensive? Was I a gym idiot here for asking him to move? I'm completely blown away by this.
    Anarchy now
    peak weight: 227
    goal: 170 and 12%bf
    current: 180lb 25%bf

I may be fat, but you're ugly.

Closed Thread
Page 258 of 334 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 260 268 308 ... LastLast