Closed Thread
Page 257 of 334 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,710 of 10001
    Suzubrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Suzubrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Suzubrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Suzubrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Suzubrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Suzubrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Suzubrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Suzubrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Suzubrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Suzubrah is a name known to all. (+5000) Suzubrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Few days ago, I was working out with a buddy of mine, when I saw a guy working out together with a girl.
    He was showing her how to do exercises and did about 80% of those completely wrong.. Like, tricep extensions with 40% ROM, not holding his elbows tucked in (they were all flaired out) and he expected the girl to do the same thing!
    Kinda worried about the girl I went up to the guy while he was doing those extensions and after he was done, I asked him if he thought he was using a correct form, since he was also giving the girl advice..
    First thing he said to me, keep in mind he didn't even let me finish my sentence, "I'm a physiotherapist, and I know what I'm doing, so I don't need your advice.."
    Guy was small, skinny, had just about 11 inch arms and was helping an inexperienced person scr*w up her joints and what not...
    Just shrugged it off and walked away, nodding my head in disbelief.

I suppose this qualifies that pseudo-physiotherapist as a gym idiot.. He sure as hell qualifies as a tool in my book.
    **Dutch Gardening Crew**
    ~ Hard With Style ~

Incline Bench: 315
    Squat: 385
    Dead: 440

fk that..

armsandlegs, i has them Ihasarmsandlegs's Avatar
    Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thats rough broseph. Yeah I mean a guy (or girl for that matter) can be educated as fuark, but I wouldn't trust someone who didn't look like they had the practical experience. At my gym there is a fatter female trainer and I saw her giving advice to a woman on how to lose weight... Like wtf? You know these things yet you don't practice it yourself? Gimme a break!

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sigh.

I was squatting 310x2 today. First rep was fine. Second rep was a grinder, but I cleared the sticking point and explosively shot up.

And I lost my grip on the bar, and it came crashing down onto the safety pins. The entire gym was staring at me, I've never been so embarassed. One of the big guys says "don't worry about it, that's what the rack is for".

Mild wrist sprain went away in a few minutes. Still got a neck sprain though...
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Austere View Post

And I lost my grip on the bar, and it came crashing down onto the safety pins. The entire gym was staring at me, I've never been so embarassed. One of the big guys says "don't worry about it, that's what the rack is for".

Mild wrist sprain went away in a few minutes. Still got a neck sprain though...
    Brofist for using spotters and a safe wreck is a badge of honour. I wrecked on bench two weeks ago LIKE A BOSS.
    allergic to creatine crew

lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ihasarmsandlegs View Post
    everything on that channel is pure win. the squat rack derps are the best i havent laughed that hard for weeks. so subscribing.
    Th-thankz

VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Funniest thing I've ever seen

Registered User simplistickhaos's Avatar
    simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VDEngineer View Post

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! One of the funniest ones I have seen. How do you not know how a row machine is supposed to work. They(or at least I thought they were) are idiot proof.

ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

To quote Steve Jobs ... WOW WOW WOW WOW.
    100% Raw / Natural
    July 2009 - 273 pounds - PL Total: 540
    July 2010 - 255 pounds - PL Total: 775
    July 2011 - 221 pounds - PL Total: 1065
    July 2012 - 228 pounds - PL Total: 1240

Latest physical test results - rested heart rate of 48 bpm

COTA/SDI - MMA Fighter - Semper Fi
    ***reps back***

Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

oh my fuark hahahahaha amazing

Registered User sunnysunshineRM's Avatar
    sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was reading through this thread and some1 posted to another thread that was gym idiot galore. First the guy goes on about how his workout is free and all you do is chest and biceps. Each exercise was 10 sets 25 reps. He was a troll that got banned because if I had seen that thread at the time I might've ripped into him. Y? Because te advisoes blind people not to lift weights becUse of hand eye coordination.

Talk about a major gym idiot. I wasn't aware I needed hand eye coordination to do curls presses and lifts. If some1 ever tells me that I might sic my seeing eye dog on him

Here's the thread I was talkin' about http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124175551 I know he was a dumb troll but just sayin'....if there are people at the gym who would say or think that then he's a gym idiot.
    Last edited by sunnysunshineRM; 11-03-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    2 timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Registered User sunnysunshineRM's Avatar
    sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was a gym idiot yesterday and today. I wanted to check out the other two Golds gym in my area because there was a few things I didn't like about my current Golds gym like the EZ bars and the cable being clear on the other side of the gym for when I superset. (not that I mind walking but it seems to feat the purpose of supersetting does it not?)

So, I checked the two gyms out. I walked in, looked around. Looked at the EZ bars to see if there's any lower than 20 lbs. Picked up the lightest one (20 lbs) Did a few reps then left.

Yup, definitely a gym idiot. In my defense I was just scouting and checking them out. One was too dark, the other is great for supersetting and the EZ bars are much better and its smaller in a good way.

I think I also saw a gym idiot today but I'm not sure if its a legit exercise or the Personal Trainer being an idiot. He had this girl get on the hack squat. She squatted on the machine like you're supposed to do then leaped off the platform like a jump squat. Squat jump squat sump. It was kind of odd and wasn't sure if it was legit or an idiot. Can you really use the hack squat for jump squats? Doesn't seem very useful and wouldn't that bother your shoulders a bit?
    2 timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LOL, saw a kid today standing on the seat of the shoulder press machine...sort of pulling the handles up...I guess he was trying to do shrugs??

This machine, but standing on the seat:

TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lgnyc View Post
    Brofist for using spotters and a safe wreck is a badge of honour. I wrecked on bench two weeks ago LIKE A BOSS.
    Please tell your story
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also, am I an idiot for using a belt on a max attempt deadlift? I had someone tell me "haven't seen people use a belt while DLing...".

I don't use a belt or chalk until my maximal attempt.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrShreddingston is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Danny1755 View Post
    I have a buddy that pisses me off because of his unwillingness to learn about a proper training routine and nutrition. He just wants to lose weight and basically starves himself. I try to tell him to eat every 2-3 hours with a nutrition plan that consists of complex carbs, good fats and to monitor his protein intake based on his goals. In addition, he goes to the gym every other day and does the same routine. I told him to try out my routine which focuses on 1-2 muscle group each time but he says he knows what he is doing. His routine looks something like this:

4-5 sets of flat dumbell bench press (same weight for each set, no intensity and never has moved up in weight)
    1 set of concentration curls with terrible form and too much weight
    2-3 sets of reverse flys on pec deck machine with terrible form

Now the funny thing is that I wanted to test his knowledge and asked what muscle group the reverse fly works. He replies to me "triceps", LOL!

Just pisses me off that he is my friend and I'm trying to help him with things I have learned through lots of research and he just won't listen. He also has about zero workout intensity and leaves after 20-30 min.
    Cool story bro.

Also, am I an idiot for using a belt on a max attempt deadlift? I had someone tell me "haven't seen people use a belt while DLing...".

I don't use a belt or chalk until my maximal attempt.
    I'm ok with this

DavidDom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's a few of them in every gym. I hate those kinds. Makes you want to punch them in the face. Many of them don't have good form and are totally messing up on using weights. They need to stop showing off and lift the right way.

11. If you walk around the gym like an arrogant jerk thinking your better you are a gym idiot.
    12. If you slam the weights so hard on the ground after a set you are a gym idiot.

iWJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iWJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iWJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iWJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iWJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iWJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iWJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iWJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iWJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iWJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iWJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    saw a 50+ guy today curling (more like front raising cuz he used his elbows throughout the whole rom) and constantly checking out his mini biceps

more like if you slam little weights you are an idiot, if i drop 110 lb dumbells after my bench set and its loud i dont think people would have a hard time understanding that theres no way in hell that i can put them back on my knees and sit up. And in a curl your elbow is always used, if it wasnt then wouldnt your arms just stay straight? do you mean shoulders?

monichka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monichka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some days ago I saw a guy in the gym who was training his ears...he was moving one of the handles of the peck deck machine with his ear and bragging to his friends how strong his ears will get....for an hour he was doing such exercises...fun to watch tho

Necromancer76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bwahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

deejne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great post lol...

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Last Friday I saw this kid (late teens probably) doing endless sets of curls with a 20 lb dumbbells in each hand and after each set he'd throw them to the ground like he couldn't hold them anymore then walk around the gym showing off his "pump".

/bertstare
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Was out looking for gym idiot videos and found this and said wow that guy is bad. Then I said WTF, that's MY gym! (I'm totally serious) And I think I know who took that video! lol Going to ask the guy the next time I see him.

Last edited by j1akey; 11-07-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

Originally Posted by j1akey View Post
    Last Friday I saw this kid (late teens probably) doing endless sets of curls with a 20 lb dumbbells in each hand and after each set he'd throw them to the ground like he couldn't hold them anymore then walk around the gym showing off his "pump".

/bertstare
    That's what I meant. Guys like this. It should not matter how heavy or light the weight is. I lift heavy and drop the weight after each set, but not slam it for the whole world to hear like some prick.

Originally Posted by j1akey View Post
    Was out looking for gym idiot videos and found this and said wow that guy is bad. Then I said WTF, that's MY gym! (I'm totally serious) And I think I know who took that video! lol Going to ask the guy the next time I see him.
    Uh, what exercise is that supposed to be? I really can't tell.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Uh, what exercise is that supposed to be? I really can't tell.
    Same here...Im thinking a horrible arched good-morning or maybe even dL's with the smallest ROM ever
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TrueSkills View Post
    Same here...Im thinking a horrible arched good-morning or maybe even dL's with the smallest ROM ever
    the way he held the barbell, I was actually thinking really bad zercher squats

ripadipa is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripadipa is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripadipa is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripadipa is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripadipa is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripadipa is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripadipa is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripadipa is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripadipa is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripadipa is on a distinguished road. (+10) ripadipa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by devl View Post
    If any of the following applys to you, you are officially a gym idiot.

1. If Your weekly workout routine reads as follows you are officially a gym idiot.

Monday:Chest and Biceps
    Tuesday: Chest and Biceps
    Wednesday: Chest and Biceps
    Thursday: Chest and Biceps
    Friday: Chest and Biceps
    Saturday: Chest and Biceps

2. If you use the follwing set/rep scheme on any exercise you are officially a gym idiot. For example....

Barbell Curl 50 x 125

3. If you bench 300 pounds on a vertical bench machine and walk around like that's more impressive than the guy benching 230 pounds of free weights you are officially a gym idiot.

4. If you consider 45 minutes of cardio before your weight training session a warm up you are offically a gym idiot.

5. If you go to McDonalds and order a big mac with a medium diet coke and insist you are still cutting you are officially a gym idiot.

6. If you train, lets say chest on monday and triceps on tuesday, you are officially a gym idiot.

7. If you have ever uttered the phrase "I'm going to cut 40 pounds of bodyweight while increasing my muscle mass, you are officially a gym idiot.

8. If you believe that creatine is a steroid, you are offically a gym idiot.

9. If you believe that endless sets of crunches will get you a six pack you are officially a gym idiot.

10. If you squat 450 with the worst form known to man, you are offically a gym idiot.

There are many more examples of what constitutes a gym idiot, but these ten signs are a starting point.
    oh **** i love eating maccas regularly while im cutting bvy fitting it into my cutting diet IM A GYM IDIOT HERP DERP

Closed Thread
Page 257 of 334 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 ... LastLast