Closed Thread
Page 256 of 334 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,680 of 10001
    jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    not a gym idiot, but the gym in general. went to a brand new multi million dollar gym in the city last week and theres not a single deadlift area. just goto steal a bar and setup in some free space and put up with all the bert stares

Danny1755 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danny1755 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danny1755 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danny1755 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danny1755 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danny1755 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danny1755 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danny1755 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danny1755 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danny1755 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danny1755 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a buddy that pisses me off because of his unwillingness to learn about a proper training routine and nutrition. He just wants to lose weight and basically starves himself. I try to tell him to eat every 2-3 hours with a nutrition plan that consists of complex carbs, good fats and to monitor his protein intake based on his goals. In addition, he goes to the gym every other day and does the same routine. I told him to try out my routine which focuses on 1-2 muscle group each time but he says he knows what he is doing. His routine looks something like this:

4-5 sets of flat dumbell bench press (same weight for each set, no intensity and never has moved up in weight)
    1 set of concentration curls with terrible form and too much weight
    2-3 sets of reverse flys on pec deck machine with terrible form

Now the funny thing is that I wanted to test his knowledge and asked what muscle group the reverse fly works. He replies to me "triceps", LOL!

Just pisses me off that he is my friend and I'm trying to help him with things I have learned through lots of research and he just won't listen. He also has about zero workout intensity and leaves after 20-30 min.
    "Life is a marathon not a sprint" - Greg Plitt

EvanLatch53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great post

inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Danny1755 View Post
    I have a buddy that pisses me off because of his unwillingness to learn about a proper training routine and nutrition. He just wants to lose weight and basically starves himself. I try to tell him to eat every 2-3 hours with a nutrition plan that consists of complex carbs, good fats and to monitor his protein intake based on his goals. In addition, he goes to the gym every other day and does the same routine. I told him to try out my routine which focuses on 1-2 muscle group each time but he says he knows what he is doing. His routine looks something like this:

4-5 sets of flat dumbell bench press (same weight for each set, no intensity and never has moved up in weight)
    1 set of concentration curls with terrible form and too much weight
    2-3 sets of reverse flys on pec deck machine with terrible form

Now the funny thing is that I wanted to test his knowledge and asked what muscle group the reverse fly works. He replies to me "triceps", LOL!

Just pisses me off that he is my friend and I'm trying to help him with things I have learned through lots of research and he just won't listen. He also has about zero workout intensity and leaves after 20-30 min.
    If he won't listen, don't bother, you'll annoy him and you'll get frustrated. Lose-lose. Let him do what he does, he'll mess around for a bit, see no results, and either quit or come back to you. If he quits, he never would've had the dedication to craft a godlike body anyway.
    I always rep back. Just ask.

Registered User sunnysunshineRM's Avatar
    sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a gym idiot. I wear jeans to the gym. I ask stupid questions on here. And I leave stuff laying around. Yup I'm a gym idiot.
    2 timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

theyknowmenot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent!
    Add one more to the list: If you think hogging over a bench and trying to imitate some sort of ancient,voodoo, incline press by moving the bar an inch off the start position will actually help you put on some serious mass, then you're an idiot(I have witnessed such a feat, the guy can't incline 155lbs.. yet goes for a 360!).
    Such individuals don't make any progress from day one onward.

JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like when I see guys that cant weigh anything over a buck 20 doing curls in the power rack.

Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Another one of my favorite gym idiots is the guy who goes from machine to machine, doing 1 set of about 6 reps. Not that that is the thing that makes him an idiot:

What makes him an idiot is the sly look around the gym to see if anyone is looking, then he pulls out the pin and puts it at the max weight the machine has, so as if to appear HE was lifting that much weight.

What makes this one better is when you are next up on the machine when said weirdo makes a comment about the weight like "You're gonna wanna lower that weight there, I was maxing out today, yep yep!".

JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonOldSchool has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd just be like oh its cool I warm up with that.

armsandlegs, i has them Ihasarmsandlegs's Avatar
    Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JonOldSchool View Post
    I'd just be like oh its cool I warm up with that.
    LOL^. Thats right up there with the ever fresh rejection response "its ok, my girlfriend is hotter than you anyways"

Lmao I'd probably rep out a few at wherever he put the pin just out of spite. Most machines are garbo anyway.

Location: Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jamesz36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesz36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesz36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesz36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesz36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesz36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesz36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesz36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesz36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesz36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesz36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jimlaH View Post
    not a gym idiot, but the gym in general. went to a brand new multi million dollar gym in the city last week and theres not a single deadlift area. just goto steal a bar and setup in some free space and put up with all the bert stares
    No deadlift area... completely embarrassing, deadlifts transform your body best exercise!
    Optimum Nutrition Sponsored Athlete.
    https://www.onacademy.co.uk/on-world/athletes/james-zaremba

Contact my ********; http://www.********.com/James36Zaremba

Follow me on Twitter; @JamesZaremba36

Jhawth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jhawth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jhawth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jhawth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jhawth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jhawth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jhawth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jhawth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jhawth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jhawth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jhawth is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Andrew2076 View Post
    Another one of my favorite gym idiots is the guy who goes from machine to machine, doing 1 set of about 6 reps. Not that that is the thing that makes him an idiot:

What makes him an idiot is the sly look around the gym to see if anyone is looking, then he pulls out the pin and puts it at the max weight the machine has, so as if to appear HE was lifting that much weight.

What makes this one better is when you are next up on the machine when said weirdo makes a comment about the weight like "You're gonna wanna lower that weight there, I was maxing out today, yep yep!".
    HAHA!! I have ran into this guy before, funny thing though I wanted to do the fly machine cause I couldnt hold dumbbells. I walk over and saw the guy doing 100lbs, I think that machine maxes at 160 or 180? even though its really like 40lbs. Anyways, dude is pushing his last set out, I set my towel and notebook down, get soem water, walk back and hes on the next machine and now the pin is in the last weight. Sit down and bust out 12 reps.. bert stare from the dude then he walks away haha. IMO 90% of the machines are garbage, the others are ok.

Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jhawth View Post
    HAHA!! I have ran into this guy before, funny thing though I wanted to do the fly machine cause I couldnt hold dumbbells. I walk over and saw the guy doing 100lbs, I think that machine maxes at 160 or 180? even though its really like 40lbs. Anyways, dude is pushing his last set out, I set my towel and notebook down, get soem water, walk back and hes on the next machine and now the pin is in the last weight. Sit down and bust out 12 reps.. bert stare from the dude then he walks away haha. IMO 90% of the machines are garbage, the others are ok.
    I usually stick to free weights myself, but there are a few machines that I like to use (lateral raise, takes grip out of the equation for example) and that is when he made the comment about maxing out. 1RM on the lateral raise machine...who does that anyways?

mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Andrew2076 View Post
    ... and that is when he made the comment about maxing out. 1RM on the lateral raise machine...who does that anyways?
    Maybe "how much do you machine lateral raise?" is the new "how much can you bench" vanity-ego question...

Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When you really think about it, shouldnt the vanity/ego question be "how hard can you grip?" because the grip strength dynamometer test is still one of the most widely used and one of the most relied upon measures of total body strength? I mean clearly theres room for error but still.

Frezer92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you workout like this guy - (youtube) /watch?v=F48eNnH4JcM

You are a gym idiot!! xD

Registered User simplistickhaos's Avatar
    simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) simplistickhaos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by leerees View Post
    Gotta admit I agree with anything in this thread except laughing at skinny (or even fat) people.

I for one say more props to any skinny guy who walks into the gym with his pussy weights, shorts and gloves and does his workout with good form. If anyone ever laughs at you then consider it more fire to get big.

As long as they aren't acting like idiots then they get my respect for taking the first steps.

We were all noobies once
    Back when I was a member at Bally's, I had a ton of guys who used to do this. I was 6'5" 170lbs but I knew my form was solid, I just couldn't put up a lot of weight. Used to get laughed at when I would do bench because I could only put up the bar+2 35lb plates because my shoulders are really jacked up from working in door shops. Anyways, it got to the point that I just wouldn't do bench any longer because of the comments while I was doing them. I am using those punks as motivation to get me downstairs in my home gym to bust it hard. I may never be big, but I am going to be strong as hell. Preciate those comments.

HunterShad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Number 7 isn't impossible you just have to eat very strict. If you don't believe me watch scoobyworkshop

Zackeryorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackeryorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackeryorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackeryorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackeryorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackeryorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackeryorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackeryorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackeryorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackeryorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zackeryorr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just got told, by a know it all that Deadlifts aren't suppose to work your lower back, they are suppose to work your legs only. After showing im the bodybuilding.com deadlift page, he still insisted that I was wrong.

lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnyc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This might be relevant to your interests.

SFW PG-13 (no cursing).

allergic to creatine crew

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Zackeryorr View Post
    Just got told, by a know it all that Deadlifts aren't suppose to work your lower back, they are suppose to work your legs only. After showing im the bodybuilding.com deadlift page, he still insisted that I was wrong.
    Don't you know? It's strictly a calf exercise bro. Phailhard buddy must only do stiff legged or something and doesn't know a single flying **** about real dead lifts.

inb4 some one tells me stiff legged dead lifts are real.
    http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Today, I saw something - and I say this without any sarcasm - that was so funny I forgot how to laugh.

Preacher bench in the power rack.

My lol reflex is just starting to return.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Originally Posted by lgnyc View Post

SFW PG-13 (no cursing).

everything on that channel is pure win. the squat rack derps are the best i havent laughed that hard for weeks. so subscribing.

Datfox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Datfox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Datfox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Datfox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Datfox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Datfox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Datfox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Datfox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Datfox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Datfox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Datfox has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Saw someone today, keep in mind when reading that this guy was 6'3" and must have weighed around 190lbs. I won't say how much weight he was using but it was very very little. Basically, he managed to perform every exercise he did wrong. Firstly I saw him squatting (with about a 6 inch ROM) with his heels about 2 inches off the floor and swaying from side to side. While racking his bar he somehow managed to knock the thing that holds the bar off the rack so someone had to replace that for him. Next it was time for some hyperextensions, instead of hooking his legs under the bars provided, he decided to put his legs on top of them and rely on the friction between his feet and the wall to keep him from falling off. Unsurprisingly he managed around 1 rep before abandoning that particular exercise. Finally it was time for some bench press. He began a set of 5 very wobbly reps with his legs waving around in the air. When it came time for him to rack his bar, he only managed to get one side of the bar into the rack (I assume he thought he had both ends in) before lowering the other end on to himself and pinning himself to the bench on one side.
    Last edited by Datfox; 11-02-2011 at 12:00 PM.

sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sunnysunshineRM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off I'd like to address the idiots who call people wearing sunglasses in the gym. I think you are being very judgmental in that respect. I have coloboma of the idea and therefore my eyes sometimes get sensitive to light. Back in January, my eyes were hurting to the point that I couldn't see in the light. I couldn't even use my computer or watch tv because it was so bright. So the gym would've been too bright.

Now if I had been working out in January like I am now; I would be wearing SUNGLASSES! I"m not gonna let my eyes stop me from working out. And what's the only solution to working out? SUNGLASSES! Or else I"ll be completely covering my eyes and it would affect my workout unless I wear SUNGLASSES. So before you start judging and calling people with sunglasses idiots maybe you should consider that they have EYE PROBLEMS? Or is there a rule that says that people with eye problems can't workout because its not cool to wear sunglasses in the gym?

On the other hand....I WILL agree with you that there are times when someone is an idiot wearing sunglasses. Like people who does it just to look cool or stupid or whatever. But since we don't know which is is; I see no point whatsoever in calling them idiots unless WE HAVE ALL THE FACTS!

Okay, rant over.

Now on to my gym idots:

I wonder if my room mate and her brother is a gym idiot. She told me about how she went to the gym with her brother (who is a physical therapist) and had her jumping up the stairs. Apparently they were heading up the stairs to a second level of a gym that has a track. So he had her jump up the stairs three or four times. Jump over several steps at a time.

Personally, I find that stupid and dangerous. What if you misjudge the step and trip or lose your balance? That just doesn't sound very safe and productive. IF you wanna jump do jump squats or jump onto a box or step ups. She told me it was really hard like it was the hardest thing in the world (bet its not half as hard as Kris's Dramatic transformation principle or Neil Hill's workouts!) I just kinda looked at her and ssaid, "Okay." (whatever)

I think my brother is a gym idiot too. No offense to him. He's around 300 lbs and about 5'8 and trying to lose weight. He's mostly fat. He tells me he runs everyday and only exercises his upper body and doesn't do legs. He figures since he runs every day, he doesn't need to work his legs at the gym. Does that make him an idiot?
    My other brother and his wife goes to Gold's gym and takes everything the personal trainers and people who teaches the class as gospel. For example, my brother had been training with a personal trainer, and he put my sister, his wife and I on a training program. Which my understanding is from this guy who has all these 'credentials' and trains my brother. Do you know what it was? Abs and core two or three times a week. That was it.

It just never made sense which I think is one of the reasons why I didn't last long on that one. It just didn't make sense to me.

Okay, I'm done.
    2 timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lgnyc View Post

SFW PG-13 (no cursing).

Whiskey
    Tango
    Foxtrot????

Originally Posted by sunnysunshineRM View Post
    First off I'd like to address the idiots who call people wearing sunglasses in the gym. I think you are being very judgmental in that respect. I have coloboma of the idea and therefore my eyes sometimes get sensitive to light. Back in January, my eyes were hurting to the point that I couldn't see in the light. I couldn't even use my computer or watch tv because it was so bright. So the gym would've been too bright.

Now if I had been working out in January like I am now; I would be wearing SUNGLASSES! I"m not gonna let my eyes stop me from working out. And what's the only solution to working out? SUNGLASSES! Or else I"ll be completely covering my eyes and it would affect my workout unless I wear SUNGLASSES. So before you start judging and calling people with sunglasses idiots maybe you should consider that they have EYE PROBLEMS? Or is there a rule that says that people with eye problems can't workout because its not cool to wear sunglasses in the gym?

On the other hand....I WILL agree with you that there are times when someone is an idiot wearing sunglasses. Like people who does it just to look cool or stupid or whatever. But since we don't know which is is; I see no point whatsoever in calling them idiots unless WE HAVE ALL THE FACTS!

Okay, rant over.

Now on to my gym idots:

I wonder if my room mate and her brother is a gym idiot. She told me about how she went to the gym with her brother (who is a physical therapist) and had her jumping up the stairs. Apparently they were heading up the stairs to a second level of a gym that has a track. So he had her jump up the stairs three or four times. Jump over several steps at a time.

Personally, I find that stupid and dangerous. What if you misjudge the step and trip or lose your balance? That just doesn't sound very safe and productive. IF you wanna jump do jump squats or jump onto a box or step ups. She told me it was really hard like it was the hardest thing in the world (bet its not half as hard as Kris's Dramatic transformation principle or Neil Hill's workouts!) I just kinda looked at her and ssaid, "Okay." (whatever)

I think my brother is a gym idiot too. No offense to him. He's around 300 lbs and about 5'8 and trying to lose weight. He's mostly fat. He tells me he runs everyday and only exercises his upper body and doesn't do legs. He figures since he runs every day, he doesn't need to work his legs at the gym. Does that make him an idiot?
    My other brother and his wife goes to Gold's gym and takes everything the personal trainers and people who teaches the class as gospel. For example, my brother had been training with a personal trainer, and he put my sister, his wife and I on a training program. Which my understanding is from this guy who has all these 'credentials' and trains my brother. Do you know what it was? Abs and core two or three times a week. That was it.

It just never made sense which I think is one of the reasons why I didn't last long on that one. It just didn't make sense to me.

Okay, I'm done.
    1. 99.9% of guys wearing sunglasses in the gym are the same people wearing sunglasses in clubs, super dbags.
    2. if someone is 300 lbs and 5'8", it is assumed they are mostly fat already because if they were 300 lbs mostly muscle they would look like ronnie coleman and wouldnt be posted about in this thread. He is running because it uses a different energy system than lifting weights, when you are 300lbs you dont wanna add mass, you wanna focus on lowering bodyfat first.
    3. jumping up the stairs may seem rediculous but if the guy really is a registered physiotherapist im sure there is a reason for it, im in athletic therapy at my university and some of the things we get taught would be hard for the average person to grasp. i tried to explain how the golgi tendon organ and muscle spindle fibres work to someone doing static stretching before lifting and they had no idea what i was talking about and kept on going. w/e.
    4.abs and core 3x a week seems pretty rediculous, if the guy was a personal trainer he must have a)thought you werent ready for more exercise until you had a more stable core, or b) he got his certification online and has no degrees in the kinesiology field. because if he did then he would know what the fuark he was doing. and in which case yes, he is definitely an idiot.

just to clarify im not hating on ya, im jussayin!

I know I did ask and I appreciate the kind response. :-D With all the nitpicking in this thread I been reading its hard to NOT nitpick.

ok good stuff lol just making sure there is no confusion there. and also when i say 99.9% i was probably right considering the amount of people wearing sunglasses in the gym and the incident rate of coloboma being 1:10,000 lol.
    im going to the gym tonight, i hope i can come back with a good story, happy hunting all!

Closed Thread
Page 256 of 334 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 ... LastLast