Closed Thread
Page 255 of 334 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,650 of 10001
    Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by nickolas388 View Post
    also, why do 95% of the people "deadlifting" at my gym think its correct to have a COMPLETELY rounded back the whole way through? with the exception of their exaggerated hyperextended lockout.
    They could be doing Stiff-leg DL's the old way, without knowing that it's a very unsafe exercise.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leerees has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Gotta admit I agree with anything in this thread except laughing at skinny (or even fat) people.

I for one say more props to any skinny guy who walks into the gym with his pussy weights, shorts and gloves and does his workout with good form. If anyone ever laughs at you then consider it more fire to get big.

As long as they aren't acting like idiots then they get my respect for taking the first steps.

We were all noobies once

zorilliatly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Обожаю паззлы

Я обожаю собирать паззлы. Это мое хобби уже много лет. Началось все с детства, у меня были детские паззлы наверное где-то на 100-150 кусочков, немецкие, по мотивам немецких сказок (помню были Нильс с гусями, Беляночка и Розочка, Бременские музыканты - кстати, они до сих пор у меня сохранились ) Такие смешные были, с рамочками (может кто помнит?) по 4 разных паззла в коробке. Коробок было 3 потом появился 1й паззл на 500 и понеслось
    Сейчас я собираю паззлы фирмы JUMBO художника Jan Van Haasteren. У меня в коллекции около 40 его паззлов Также собираю и другие паззлы с похожей тематикой (комиксные)
    Я настоящий маньяк - могу придти с работы в 8 вечера, до 9 поесть и с 9 до 2 ночи собирать

Кто любит паззлы, давайте объединяться, общаться, пишите, какие паззлы вам нравится собирать!

diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is doing BB Shrugs in the Power Rack a Gym Idiot thing to do? While I was doing deadlifts there was a guy beside me doing squats as there are 2 power racks...I saw a guy behind us in my mirror and he was pacing around looking at the time and waiting for us it seemed like. Then I popped out an earbud and asked if he was waiting to use the rack and told him I just had two more sets of deads and he sort of just brushed it off like he wanted me to be finished then and there, So I did the last two sets without much time in between to try and please the guy a little bit...Then when I rack the bar and go to take the weights off he tells me to just leave them on the bar in a pissed off way, so I do...Then after one of my ISO workouts, I looked over and he had removed most of the weight and was doing BB shrugs, if he was going to do that...why not use the empty smith machine's?

I'm not a big, muscular guy...but this guy was pretty big, I hate how they just go around and think because they have the muscles and experience they can bully guys out of machines/racks because we are just peasants using lighter weights and not really 'serious' like them (Or so they think)
    **CAN Army Veteran**
    TF 3-09 Roto 8

Soon to be former fatty rjmwx81's Avatar
    rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I usually don't complain about much in the gym, but the other night this d-bag walks right into my range of motion while I'm doing reverse flyes. When he walks back by, I tell him he needs to watch where he's going, someone could get hurt. He says "Did you get hurt? Then quit complaining." I just shook my head, bertstared and raged.

On the plus side, I was pissed off enough that I set personal bests on 3 other exercises.
    Fat, but working on it.

Again.

"Do you think the men who built all this had it easy?!" "Hard men! Doing hard sh*t!" "And that gives me a hard on! But, uh, not in a gay way or anything."

Bucknut8084 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bucknut8084 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bucknut8084 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bucknut8084 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bucknut8084 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bucknut8084 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bucknut8084 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bucknut8084 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bucknut8084 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bucknut8084 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bucknut8084 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My biggest gym idiot vote goes to guy who bounces barbell off his chest, thrusts his hips up and arches his back while doing a bench press. Gets up, looks around and acts like people actually thinks he's strong.

diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bucknut8084 View Post
    My biggest gym idiot vote goes to guy who bounces barbell off his chest, thrusts his hips up and arches his back while doing a bench press. Gets up, looks around and acts like people actually thinks he's strong.
    I could be wrong because I try and find form videos on YouTube made my powerlifters/trainers, but in all the video's I've watched it shows ass/shoulders touching the bench with an arched back..? I know you are saying thrusting hips as well, but I always thought an arched back was a good thing?
    **CAN Army Veteran**
    TF 3-09 Roto 8

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by diesel_3 View Post
    I could be wrong because I try and find form videos on YouTube made my powerlifters/trainers, but in all the video's I've watched it shows ass/shoulders touching the bench with an arched back..? I know you are saying thrusting hips as well, but I always thought an arched back was a good thing?
    Arched lower back is proper form. Feet, asscheeks, and upper traps shoudl be planted and driven HARD.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

Originally Posted by FunkymonkAW View Post
    Arched lower back is proper form. Feet, asscheeks, and upper traps shoudl be planted and driven HARD.
    Ok, that's what I do...I try and squeeze my shoulder blades together too before lifting the bar off.

I think the guy above was meaning the guys who use their feet/legs to drive the bar up haha.
    **CAN Army Veteran**
    TF 3-09 Roto 8

Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew2076 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work out at a Snap Fitness. Pretty laid back the majority of the people are doing light work and cardio. There is one guy who comes in though. Usually with three layers of sweats on. He will go over and grab the only straight bar in the gym. Put all 45lbs plates on it (a big 6 of them, I know a whopping 310lbs with bar). He will then do ONE deadlift. Then he breathes heavy and stomps around the gym for at least 10 minutes. He will then go to the Pull down machine and max it out at a whopping 210 lbs. He will proceed to rapidly do about 10 pseudo reps (he literally pulls the bar down about 1 foot).

He then breaths heavy stomps around some more, will smack himself in the face two or three times. Then he does ONE more deadlift, Of course dropping the bar so it makes as much noise as possible, and then he leaves. Without of course re-racking his weight at all.

He shows up about once a week when I am there, and this cycle repeats. He spends more time heavy breathing and stomping around then lifting. Hell he spends more time putting on a weight belt then he does lifting.

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Arched lower back on a bench is the correct way to do it, since it decreases the RoM, keeps your rotator cuff safe, and lets you use more weight. Just make sure you wear a belt, and don't arch TOO much, or you risk a hernia.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

Kinda still lifts Valhallabound86's Avatar
    Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The other day at my gym (fairly small one in Maine), I saw some guy get into the lying hamstring curl backwards, with his shoulders pressing against the pad. Then did a handful of jerky, pushup motions, and walked away. I wasn't sure if it was a variant of the back hyperextention, or what it was. But out of my peripheral vision it looked like he was flopping around on the equipment, so I had to look.

Also, father/son team wearing weight belts through the duration of their workout. Did "incline bicep curls" with 80 pound dumbbells. Literally had 1/8 range of motion before attempting to contract and lift the weight. Wasn't sure whether it was an intentional extreme isolation exercise or what it was, had never seen it before. They did primarily arms while I was there, and a handful of shoulder shrugs using a huge excess of weight. for about 1/4 range of motion.

Anyways, thought I'd share.

armsandlegs, i has them Ihasarmsandlegs's Avatar
    Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol@that^
    this is the reason why lots of machines have pictures on how to use them. not enough P.T's, too many noobs.
    not to diss newbs or anything, jussayin its funny. I saw recently someone using an assisted dips/pull up machine not to lift themselves up with assistance, but loaded the assistance up, and used the dip bars to pull themselves downwards kind of like awkward shrug/ upright row.. not dangerous to anyone, just funny. like someone using a wrench as a hammer, it might accomplish what they are intending to do, its just not what the tool was intended for.

Originally Posted by Ihasarmsandlegs View Post
    lol@that^
    this is the reason why lots of machines have pictures on how to use them. not enough P.T's, too many noobs.
    not to diss newbs or anything, jussayin its funny. I saw recently someone using an assisted dips/pull up machine not to lift themselves up with assistance, but loaded the assistance up, and used the dip bars to pull themselves downwards kind of like awkward shrug/ upright row.. not dangerous to anyone, just funny. like someone using a wrench as a hammer, it might accomplish what they are intending to do, its just not what the tool was intended for.
    I've actually seen this a couple times too. It's pretty sad and pretty scary.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Austere View Post
    They could be doing Stiff-leg DL's the old way, without knowing that it's a very unsafe exercise.
    people actually used to stiff leg deadlift with a completely rounded back?
    im ova hea now...

Originally Posted by nickolas388 View Post
    people actually used to stiff leg deadlift with a completely rounded back?
    People still do. I think more and more research is coming out that it's quite unsafe to do that, especially with heavy weights. But that should be common sense.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im a gym idiot. I'm totally stupid in the gym. I do all the exercises wrong and I smell like body odor. I don't even wipe down the machines after I sweat all over them.

Tmay2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tmay2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tmay2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tmay2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tmay2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tmay2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tmay2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tmay2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tmay2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tmay2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tmay2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mooselips View Post
    My personal favorite gym idiot is "imaginary lat guy." We all know him. He parades about the gym with his pipe cleaner, 14 inch arms held out as if his lats were so massive as to force this condition to exist. Meanwhile, King Douchelips looks like Steve Urkel's skinnier cousin. Ooh...how intimidating he is as he glides past you at the drinking fountain. A hulking mass of skin and bones who possibly weighs in at 110 lbs. soaking wet.
    Oh brother I couldn't agree more! My lats are more defined then this guy and the only time my arms out like that are on my bi/lat/trap days! Idoits..
    "I can do all this through him who gives me strength"- Philippians 4:13

Lord God, thank you for all you have done, thank you for giving me the motivation to transform my body, i ask that you bless me with the ability to spread your word threw my bodybuilding. in the name of the Son, Amen!

wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000)
    14" arms on a 110 lb guy would be some big arms for his size...just sayin'. lol

I got to the gym a couple weeks back and saw two big guys getting on the tread mills. Maybe 5'9" to 5"11" and 250-300 lbs, no real muscle, basically fluffy guys. They continued to walk and I went by to change, thinking, hey at least they are putting in the effort and getting it done. About 3 minutes later they got off and took out their cell phones, sitting on the sit up benches for a chat. Well, they must be letting their ladies know they are getting in shape and will be home in an hour? No, just talked on the phones for 20 minutes, then got up and left. But not before I snuck a pic...heh heh.

>sigh<
    "Where you are now is not important, what matters is where you are headed".

What will be your legacy?

hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    #1 ALL TIME GYM IDIOT RAGE INDUCING PET PEEVE - not unracking the bar and/or putting the dumbells back in the wrong place. Mommy isn't there to wipe your a$$ and clean up after you, put your $h!t away!!!!

social hour d-bags - started with squats yesterday, warmed up with a set of 135, 185, 225, (x15,6,6 respectively) then 3 working sets of 275x8. When I started, this dude was talking to some unaesthetic chick while occupying an incline bench. On my last set he had just started pressing the 55's. LOLWTF!

competitive midgets - squats again a few weeks back, was working up to 325, every time I put more weight on, the skinnyboi next to me put more on, and do 1/3 reps while I go parallel. When I got to 315 he tried 335 and couldn't unrack it. Got pissed off and left without unracking. Rage.

Knee bends - loading up the leg press (ours hold a total of 32 plates), unracking it, and not even moving it past where the locks would catch it. Smart. I'm waiting to see a compound fracture.

Curling in squat rack - I believe it's ok if you go above what the fixed barbells are (our go to 110) ONLY if its not busy. I do arms on Saturday when it's not busy, and usually go up to 135-145, I like the larger diameter of the barbell over the EZ bar. Am I an idiot? Srs.

Shrugs with too much weight, using the legs to "HUUUUUURRRRRK" the weight up.

Standing between the DB benches to do curls, then get annoyed when I hit you with the weights when I'm doing flies. GTFO, the benches are bolted down, your feet aren't, have some gym etiquette.

Occupying a bench to talk on the celly or using it as a table for your water bottle and phone.
    ---------------->MFC<---------------
    -------->L.A. Misc Crew<---------
    ---->MFC COC is best COC<----

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
    Get off my lawn.

PenciilNeck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PenciilNeck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PenciilNeck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PenciilNeck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PenciilNeck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PenciilNeck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PenciilNeck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PenciilNeck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PenciilNeck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PenciilNeck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PenciilNeck has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wait wut.. There are other muscles than biceps? Isthisreal?
    "Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah" -Mike Tyson
    Brb Hypertroph'in

AnneMBush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jhawth View Post
    When I started working out religiously I was working a 12 hour over night shift on a rotating schedule (6pm-6am). So my nights off I would go to the gym around midnight (24 hour gym) and I loved it. I would be the only one there, and every once and a while there would be some fat asses running on the hampster mills. I finally got a day shift job again, and started working out religiously about a couple weeks ago, usually make it to the gym around 6pm. HOLY FU CK! I am now starting to witness some of the stuff you guys have written in this thread at the gym. There was some chick that was jumping over the bench press benches with weights in her hand. so she would basically hurdle 5 of these phuckin benches... wtf? There was some dude at one of the cable pull deals, puts a bar on it, puts the bar between his legs and wraps the cable around his legs and proceeds to lift the bar up... never seen that before. It sucks going to the gym when its crowded, and It pisses me off when I try to do squats and some douche is doing curls in the squat rack. I hate all the bert stares I get when I deadlift, like they never seen anyone ****ing dead lift before.
    lol, I'm definitely picturing this scene with Mos Eisley cantina music.

armsandlegs, i has them Ihasarmsandlegs's Avatar
    Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ihasarmsandlegs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hpdcoop View Post
    #1 ALL TIME GYM IDIOT RAGE INDUCING PET PEEVE - not unracking the bar and/or putting the dumbells back in the wrong place. Mommy isn't there to wipe your a$$ and clean up after you, put your $h!t away!!!!

social hour d-bags - started with squats yesterday, warmed up with a set of 135, 185, 225, (x15,6,6 respectively) then 3 working sets of 275x8. When I started, this dude was talking to some unaesthetic chick while occupying an incline bench. On my last set he had just started pressing the 55's. LOLWTF!

competitive midgets - squats again a few weeks back, was working up to 325, every time I put more weight on, the skinnyboi next to me put more on, and do 1/3 reps while I go parallel. When I got to 315 he tried 335 and couldn't unrack it. Got pissed off and left without unracking. Rage.

Knee bends - loading up the leg press (ours hold a total of 32 plates), unracking it, and not even moving it past where the locks would catch it. Smart. I'm waiting to see a compound fracture.

Curling in squat rack - I believe it's ok if you go above what the fixed barbells are (our go to 110) ONLY if its not busy. I do arms on Saturday when it's not busy, and usually go up to 135-145, I like the larger diameter of the barbell over the EZ bar. Am I an idiot? Srs.

Shrugs with too much weight, using the legs to "HUUUUUURRRRRK" the weight up.

Standing between the DB benches to do curls, then get annoyed when I hit you with the weights when I'm doing flies. GTFO, the benches are bolted down, your feet aren't, have some gym etiquette.

Occupying a bench to talk on the celly or using it as a table for your water bottle and phone.
    AGREED.
    and no your not an idiot, clearly lol. props to people who use the squat rack for biceps with decent weight while not at peak hours, thats the way to do it.
    and as mentioned in a post above, its called "I.L.S." which is the condition known as " Imaginary Lats Syndrome" and its a muscle and brain pathology which is endemic within the D-bag population and is caused by excessive bicep curls and bench press exercises.

MichaelAUS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelAUS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelAUS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelAUS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelAUS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelAUS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelAUS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelAUS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelAUS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last week I was training at my 24 hour gym, about midnight, and these two typical Aussie bogans come in, reeking of cigarettes, and repping typical Tapout and Everlast gear. Complete Tyson wannabes. In between sets of benchpress (using very poor form mind), they utilise a rolled up gym mat as a boxing pad and take it in turns sparring.

Then the inevitable happens, the flimsy gym mat bends, and the moron sparring punches his mate smack bang in the middle of the face. I don't think I've seen anything funnier in my entire life - I was in tears and had to turn my back. To make matters worse, this idiot acts as though nothing has happened, and continues to train, blood still pouring out of his nose.

A-grade wanker
    Knowing is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.

RIP Zyzz, a true modern Aussie icon.

StillScared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StillScared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StillScared has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Saw 3 Indian guys at the lat pulldown machine when I arrived at the gym. I needed to use it, so I was like okay, lets wait, so I finish all my sets, and try get the lat pulldown for last few sets. In between my sets of exercises before this, i see them doing horizontal lat pulldowns, taking their shirt off, filming themselves lat pull downing 150 pounds with their shirt off, behind the neck, jerking the weight. So I go up to them, 45 mins after I get to the gym, and I ask how many sets they have. They go 3 each. WHAT THE HELL? IF you weren't busy taking pictures of yourself, flexing your triceps in the mirror, and generally acting like a douche, maybe you'd finish faster. Btw, they also tried flexing their abs, looked horrible probably around 19-20% bf.

zoulander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MichaelAUS View Post
    Last week I was training at my 24 hour gym, about midnight, and these two typical Aussie bogans come in, reeking of cigarettes, and repping typical Tapout and Everlast gear. Complete Tyson wannabes. In between sets of benchpress (using very poor form mind), they utilise a rolled up gym mat as a boxing pad and take it in turns sparring.

Then the inevitable happens, the flimsy gym mat bends, and the moron sparring punches his mate smack bang in the middle of the face. I don't think I've seen anything funnier in my entire life - I was in tears and had to turn my back. To make matters worse, this idiot acts as though nothing has happened, and continues to train, blood still pouring out of his nose.

A-grade wanker
    LOL! win

BartonFink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartonFink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartonFink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartonFink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartonFink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartonFink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartonFink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartonFink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartonFink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartonFink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BartonFink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is an unbelievable story. I don't mean unbelievable in a good way. It so insanely far fetched it sounds made up. I assure you this event is 100% real and the most ridiculous event I've ever seen in my entire life and happened with an amazing gym idiot. It happened when i was about 15 and still a noob with at the time the biggest guy I ever saw at the gym. He talked openly about his stacks in the middle of the gym and they were amazing in there own right, but just letting you guys picture this guy for the story. He's wearing the old style gold's gym tank with the skinny straps waaay low on his chest and zubas, all kinds of amped up while his partner proceeds to smack him in the face like that scene out of over the top where the guy gets smacked around and eats a cigar. Finishes an incline bench set and starts screaming on his partner...

YOU DON'T THINK I CAN DO THAT SH*T, YOU DON'T THINK, I BET YOU $500.00 I CAN. He already had 4 plates on each side, so everyone in the gym witnessing this thinks this guys is going to load up some more when he goes to the tree to get off another 45lb plate. To our surprise the treat we were about to witness had nothing to do with pressing this plate. It's one of the old school 45lb plates with the lip on one side and a flat side. This maniac then screams about 10 death yells which brought employees and management over at this point thinking he got stuck under the squat bar leg bent in two...

He proceeds to pick up the 45lb plate one more yell for good measures and bites, YES...bites down on the plate the lip facing out so his upper teeth are on the lip and his bottom teeth are on the flat side. He lets go of the weight and immediately one tooth comes all the way out and one breaks, plate falling down unfortunately missing the double wammy and misses his toes. This clown starts crying of course screaming louder than his beast up yells and runs out of the gym.

It was the funniest thing i've ever witnessed in person. The guy actually mans up and shows up the next day with the $500.00 in hand to pay up the bet everyone heard while the normal people from that gym hour watched which was almost as shocking as the event. His mouth was swelled up like an allergic reaction to something. Never saw him again after he paid up. What a toolbag, he went by, get this... 'Pump' hahahahahaha probably known as the tooth-fairy now.
    Last edited by BartonFink; 10-28-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Soon to be former fatty rjmwx81's Avatar
    rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000) rjmwx81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's too crazy to be made up. Reps to you sir.
    Fat, but working on it.

Again.

"Do you think the men who built all this had it easy?!" "Hard men! Doing hard sh*t!" "And that gives me a hard on! But, uh, not in a gay way or anything."

Baine23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baine23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baine23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baine23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baine23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baine23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baine23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baine23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baine23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baine23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baine23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good post bro

BuenoImGeorge will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuenoImGeorge will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuenoImGeorge will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuenoImGeorge will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuenoImGeorge will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuenoImGeorge will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuenoImGeorge will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuenoImGeorge will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuenoImGeorge will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuenoImGeorge will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuenoImGeorge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Glad i stopped going to a gym and just work out at home now.

How i hated my gym soo much. Always dirty even in the morning.

Closed Thread
Page 255 of 334 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast