Closed Thread
Page 249 of 334 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,470 of 10001
    jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ROTFLOL! I love it because I swear I have seen every type of gym idiot on this list, although my favorite has to be imaginary Lat guy; his muscles are so developed they are invisible.

fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    great work mate keep it up

dvbuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvbuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvbuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvbuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvbuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvbuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvbuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvbuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvbuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvbuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvbuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    asked a bloke nicely if he was nearly done ona machine.. after waiting for his set to finish.
    He said "yes" and didn't even look at me

what the **** does yes mean? I just walked off cos I couldn't be ****ed with some brooding bloke

fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lol - nice post!

handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    gym idiot if youve been doing cardio for over 45 min and have not broke a sweat... I also saw a guy last week doing leg presses in his jeans and romeo's

TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The classic construction worker that comes in with his tan work boots, busted up jeans, and wife beater thats 2 sizes too small...then only hits bench and curls then hauls ass
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) handyman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TrueSkills View Post
    The classic construction worker that comes in with his tan work boots, busted up jeans, and wife beater thats 2 sizes too small...then only hits bench and curls then hauls ass
    ya they literally stick around for 15 min lol my warm up is almost that long

TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by handyman89 View Post
    ya they literally stick around for 15 min lol my warm up is almost that long
    "warm up" with 135 then proceed to do roughly 3-4 sets of bench with the worst form known to man...then off to the 3-4 sets of curls with weight they cant do correctly for 1 rep...adios
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coke_Zero will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Before I quit my gym and built my home gym I would regularly see the same 3 guys who worked out together, probably aged between 17-21. For the 2 hours they were there, about 1 hour was spent posing in the mirror, 15 minutes making sure their hair wasn't a mess, 30 minutes doing bicep curls and 15 minutes doing bench press.

I'm not a big fan of gym posers (unless they are getting ready for a show, but that is different). The gym I went to was usually full of pretty dedicated lifters and these guys just took up space that others needed. They either stood where people generally do curls, shoulder work etc or hogged 2 of the 5 FID benches the gym had for over an hour.

Half the reason I built my own gym was because I was spending over 2 hours at the gym to do an hours workout simply because of people who hog equipment and wont give it up. One guy used to lay his towel on a bench and then wonder off between sets, just for long enough to annoy you but not long enough that someone will move his towel thinking he isn't coming back.
    Go big or go home!

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'll preface this story by saying that I have never dropped a weight in my life on any exercise. Srs.

So anyways, this duchebag PT who works at the gym comes up to me today and starts raging at me for the bar making too loud noises when I deadlift. While I admit that the noises may have been a bit loud, I still didn't drop the weights or bend my back, and I did an RDL for all my eccentrics like I was supposed to. In fact, for my first two sets, the bar was hardly making any noise upon hitting the floor. It was only after I got pretty tired, on my next few, that the bar dropped kinda fast.

I was about to tell him "It's easy to talk about perfect eccentrics when your client is deadlifting 115 for less than 5 reps bro", which was what he was teaching.

In b4 some PT posts here calling out "a brown ******* for making loud noises while deadlifting".

Yes I'm mad.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

wideout37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by robertover50 View Post
    It's May at the gym and all the people who got out of shape (or was never in shape) over the winter, are there trying to get in shape for the summer and being a gym idiot and getting in the way of all the regular's. You see them every May and sometime in mid June they are all gone. Just have to work through it until then. FYI, they are usually rude, never put their stuff away, spend a lot of time feeling their own muscles and don't know how to act in a gym.
    The worst is right after new years. All the new years resolutions to lose weight or get in shape. The gym is so crowded for about 2 weeks. Then magically it's back to the few dozen regulars. lol it's kinda sad.
    wideout37

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Austere View Post
    I'll preface this story by saying that I have never dropped a weight in my life on any exercise. Srs.

So anyways, this duchebag PT who works at the gym comes up to me today and starts raging at me for the bar making too loud noises when I deadlift. While I admit that the noises may have been a bit loud, I still didn't drop the weights or bend my back, and I did an RDL for all my eccentrics like I was supposed to. In fact, for my first two sets, the bar was hardly making any noise upon hitting the floor. It was only after I got pretty tired, on my next few, that the bar dropped kinda fast.

I was about to tell him "It's easy to talk about perfect eccentrics when your client is deadlifting 115 for less than 5 reps bro", which was what he was teaching.

In b4 some PT posts here calling out "a brown ******* for making loud noises while deadlifting".

Yes I'm mad.
    Glad you spoke your mind to the rat bastard.

Oh.. you didn't

http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AirForceV View Post
    Glad you spoke your mind to the rat bastard.

Oh.. you didn't

Yeah, problem was that he was bigger than me, and worked at the gym. I was afraid that a confrontation might get me kicked out, which would suck since this place has the best deals in town.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, problem was that he was bigger than me, and worked at the gym. I was afraid that a confrontation might get me kicked out, which would suck since this place has the best deals in town.
    Ahh, touché.

If only he didn't work there.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    saw a guy today on a chest press machine on his laptop. had a whole book bag and everything for it haha smh

during the summer i also saw some dude listening to music on his ipad. funny to watch bc its so big and fragile you gotta be careful where you put it while your lifting

bigbearbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wideout37 View Post
    The worst is right after new years. All the new years resolutions to lose weight or get in shape. The gym is so crowded for about 2 weeks. Then magically it's back to the few dozen regulars. lol it's kinda sad.
    I call it the NYRR -New years resolution rush.

stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stan47islav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    gym idiot if youve been doing cardio for over 45 min and have not broke a sweat... I also saw a guy last week doing leg presses in his jeans and romeo's
    there is a guy at my gym that shows up in jeans and a shirt, then takes off his shirt to reveal a wife beater then works out.

but this guy is pretty jacked...and we have a chat about our goals and progress...so I guess he doesn't really bother me...

just think its strange

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dvbuilder View Post
    asked a bloke nicely if he was nearly done ona machine.. after waiting for his set to finish.
    He said "yes" and didn't even look at me

what the **** does yes mean? I just walked off cos I couldn't be ****ed with some brooding bloke
    Unless he's a foreigner, yes probably means yes. Sounds like you're the one having a cry here.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bigbearbe View Post
    I call it the NYRR -New years resolution rush.
    At the start of this year, I anticipated that for the first 3 weeks of January my gym (well, the gym I was at back then) would get the NYRR. Instead it was a desolate ghost town until February or March. And this is a big commercial gym, too :S

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

To be fair, back in high school I used to do cardio for about that duration with an average heart rate of about 180bpm, and I barely broke a sweat doing it. Then when I turned 18 I started sweating profusely even at a mere 120bpm. Sweat =/= exertion.

Leg press in jeans guy sounds like a gym idiot, though. I remember back in the day, I used to do the same Back then I'd "squat" and deadlift in jeans, too. And I used to know a physiotherapist who recommended to everyone that they squat in their jeans for added assistance. Le sigh.

Originally Posted by stan47islav View Post
    there is a guy at my gym that shows up in jeans and a shirt, then takes off his shirt to reveal a wife beater then works out.

but this guy is pretty jacked...and we have a chat about our goals and progress...so I guess he doesn't really bother me...

just think its strange
    Strange = Wife beater? or strange jeans/tshirt then strips off said t shirt.

Cause I train in a hoody, wife beater, sweat pants and usually strip off the hoody..

Lots of bigger guys will wear 2-3 shirts/layers lol..

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    not really a gym idiot, but the guy that leaves DB's, plates,barbells everywhere. gets me really frustrated. also, the skinny *******s that flex in the mirror :@

AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I knew a kid who always acted hella tough and posted flexing pics on ********. He was skinny as hell, literally 5 10 and 125 pounds. This dude only did bench and biceps for about 20 minutes on the ****tiest form, and spends a lot of time telling tales of fights he's been in that are about as realistic as the fights on dragon ball z. He always goes on ******** telling people "I'll kick your ass easy man" but never does **** at all and can't fight at all. Once he tells me that he's all muscle and that he'll "knock my balls off" on the internet. So we schedule a fight. He shows up making all kinds of excuses and apologizing to me AND he had my friend there to telling me to not do anything to him. If my friend wasnt there I would have went at him anyway. Not to toot my own horn but I know how to fight well and this kid probably tries to slap people. What a ****ing punk. And that my friends, if the definition of gym poser/idiot.

Goddah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goddah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goddah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goddah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goddah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goddah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goddah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goddah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goddah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goddah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goddah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AMA1 View Post
    I knew a kid who always acted hella tough and posted flexing pics on ********. He was skinny as hell, literally 5 10 and 125 pounds. This dude only did bench and biceps for about 20 minutes on the ****tiest form, and spends a lot of time telling tales of fights he's been in that are about as realistic as the fights on dragon ball z. He always goes on ******** telling people "I'll kick your ass easy man" but never does **** at all and can't fight at all. Once he tells me that he's all muscle and that he'll "knock my balls off" on the internet. So we schedule a fight. He shows up making all kinds of excuses and apologizing to me AND he had my friend there to telling me to not do anything to him. If my friend wasnt there I would have went at him anyway. Not to toot my own horn but I know how to fight well and this kid probably tries to slap people. What a ****ing punk. And that my friends, if the definition of gym poser/idiot.

Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Efilon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's an idiot in general, not just a gym idiot.

AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100) AMA1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Efilon View Post
    That's an idiot in general, not just a gym idiot.
    Oh ma bad haha

I was mirin a dude today doing single-leg squats with 250 lbs. Pretty strong ****.

A few links down the "chain of mirin", a really skinny Asian kid was miring my 275 squat for reps, which admittedly is nothing, but apparently not for him. In any case, he decided to step into the squat rack too, and start doing reps with 65 pounds.

Which admittedly looked more like knee bends, but hey, it's a start.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

I was mirin a dude today doing single-leg squats with 250 lbs. Pretty strong ****.

A few links down the "chain of mirin", a really skinny Asian kid was miring my 275 squat for reps, which admittedly is nothing, but apparently not for him. In any case, he decided to step into the squat rack too, and start doing reps with 65 pounds.

Which admittedly looked more like knee bends, but hey, it's a start.
    You should be proud man! You inspired a youngster to hit a muscle other than biceps/chest...and even more impressively--out of all of the possibilities--squats!
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

MeMoRySticK is on a distinguished road. (+10) MeMoRySticK is on a distinguished road. (+10) MeMoRySticK is on a distinguished road. (+10) MeMoRySticK is on a distinguished road. (+10) MeMoRySticK is on a distinguished road. (+10) MeMoRySticK is on a distinguished road. (+10) MeMoRySticK is on a distinguished road. (+10) MeMoRySticK is on a distinguished road. (+10) MeMoRySticK is on a distinguished road. (+10) MeMoRySticK is on a distinguished road. (+10) MeMoRySticK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AMA1 View Post
    Oh ma bad haha
    I know these kids, the "Oh your big, but I'm shredded" idiots

MarkSchema has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkSchema has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkSchema has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkSchema has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good thread!

Closed Thread
Page 249 of 334 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 ... LastLast