Closed Thread
Page 248 of 334 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,440 of 10001
    dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by psai View Post
    a few gym idiots i see in my gym:
    - a skinny high school kid doing light-weight barbell bicep curls, and then switching to dumbbell bicep curls. no leg work whatsoever
    - a bunch of fat guys and whales doing 10 different types of crunches with medicine balls, etc.
    - the people who spend hours on the treadmill/elliptical
    argh so annoying! hate that routine. *Bicep Bicep Pec Bicep*
    "Always Give It Your Best. Then Give It More."

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle."

dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dxVxb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Oceanbreezeez View Post
    Need some advice on how to deal with this gym idiot, figured I'd ask here:

Don't even know where to start on this guy. White guy, about early to mid 40s, just in case that matters. Now that I've read this thread, this guy is like the paragon of gym idiots. The optimus prime of *******s. He has shtty form on nearly all his exercises (always swinging everything, "full-body lat pulldowns" etc.) Then he complains loudly to other lifters about his back problems (I wonder why he has those, moron). He grunts/screams every rep. He never puts his weights away or wipes anything down. When he's done with a set he just lets go of the weight wherever it is. Sometimes he actually just throws it, almost hurt a guy who was doing something on the floor one time. I've never seen him actually leave the gym yet, he's there when I arrive and he's there when I leave.

One time I saw someone who was probably an acquaintance (he tries to talk to everyone so not that much of a stretch) call him out across the gym about how he left his dumbells laying around. He said something like "you're a big boy, put your toys away" and the idiot's reply was something along the line's of "yeah you're about to find out how big." He was kidding, but you could tell he really wasn't, and the guy dropped it.

But the worst part, the real problem, is that he occupies the one godamn squat rack the entire time he's there. It's ridiculous. He squats in it, curls in it, deadlifts in it. I'm surprised he doesn't pull up a bench too. And a fcking mini fridge. I've tried to tell him I need to squat and ask if I can work in, but he blows me off (same for anyone else who asks). Between sets of whatever in the squat rack, he either goes across the gym to the dumbells and does something over there, or he'll prance around the gym doing like the gayest movement I've ever seen, I can't tell if he's dancing or stretching or showing off or what, but what I can tell is that he looks like the biggest douchebag in the world when he's doing it.

I've only seen him there twice so far, but the first time I ever saw him was Saturday so it's been two of my past 3 workouts he's made me miss squats. Wat do?
    Slip some Laxatives in his bottle when hes not looking. Fast acting too.
    "Always Give It Your Best. Then Give It More."

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle."

ugzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) ugzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) ugzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) ugzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) ugzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) ugzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) ugzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) ugzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) ugzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) ugzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) ugzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Guy from all the way across the gym finishes his workout then walks to my end just to shake my hand and the hand of everyone he passes to say goodbye.
    I didn;t even know the guy.

TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a couple to add to the list- First is this guy who does his sets grunting through them no matter what, only to set the weights down and go "ooohh yeeaa! " like he's the kool aid man. Sometimes he switches it up with an "Alright" in the same kool aid man voice but its after every set... Then there's this other guy who comes in, uses up the only squat rack/ Olympic platform for his whole workout. He spends 30 seconds on a set and then literally sits on the bar and plays with his phone between EVERY set for at least 3-5 minutes . First few times I worked out when he was in the gym, I figured I would do something else, figuring that he'd be done and gone when I came back. I was wrong. 40 minutes later he's still sitting there. Then another guy asks if he's almost done, he replies with "one more set" and continues to sit and play with his phone for another minutes, only to be done over 15 minutes later and doing another THREE sets. I made sure he knew how rude he is as that flat out p***ed me off. Squat racks and Olympic platforms are great but they also attract a TON of idiots.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #78 []---[]

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #24 []---[]

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BenW22 View Post
    Yeah, helping people sucks.

ive only been asked for a spot once in the year ive been at my current gym.. sum guy wanted help on the incline bp while i was doing flat.. i gladly helped but problem was he did 4-5 legit reps then i had to curl some weight for another 5.. almost if i were supersetting flat bench with BB curls lawd... the bench didnt have that higher platform behind so i couldnt get the proper grip to spot, plus it was hot that day and with all the effort didnt wanna shower the guy with my own sweat.. needless to say i spent some energy there that would have been better spent on my workout..

Iodio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iodio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iodio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iodio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iodio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iodio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iodio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iodio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iodio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the donkeys squatting on fitballs - some even doing overhead db press while standing on a fitball INSIDE the squat rack
    True strength lies within the man who is dedicated and fearless of failure; for his body will obey what his mind commands.

TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AirForceV View Post
    Win if I ever seen it.
    you would
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueSkills is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Every guy that thinks hes Ronnie Coleman before EVERY lift..."YEP! LIGHT WEIGHT...YEAHH BUDDY! OHHHH YEAH...LIGHTTT WEIGHTTT!" -proceeds to squat 225
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TrueSkills View Post
    Every guy that thinks hes Ronnie Coleman before EVERY lift..."YEP! LIGHT WEIGHT...YEAHH BUDDY! OHHHH YEAH...LIGHTTT WEIGHTTT!" -proceeds to squat 225
    To be fair, it IS a light weight...
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

The_Izebox is a complete loser! (-2000) The_Izebox is a complete loser! (-2000) The_Izebox is a complete loser! (-2000) The_Izebox is a complete loser! (-2000) The_Izebox is a complete loser! (-2000) The_Izebox is a complete loser! (-2000) The_Izebox is a complete loser! (-2000) The_Izebox is a complete loser! (-2000) The_Izebox is a complete loser! (-2000) The_Izebox is a complete loser! (-2000) The_Izebox is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by ugzilla View Post
    Guy from all the way across the gym finishes his workout then walks to my end just to shake my hand and the hand of everyone he passes to say goodbye.
    I didn;t even know the guy.
    sounds like a really nice guy!

Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BenW22 View Post
    Yeah, helping people sucks.

c'mon...I'm the first to help anyone who needs help, at the gym or anywhere. I don't mind assisting someone with a spot, but it seems Im called to this duty about every other day I'm there. The problem comes in when they ask you, so you help them with the first set. Then there's this expectation that you need to continue with every set. I go to the gym focused, I know what I want to do, how long I want to take between sets and quite frankly it sucks to be interrupted because some dude wants a spot on bench. I guess it boils down to the fact that I'm 46 yrs old, in great shape, and never have felt the need to ask for a spot....so I can't appreciate when others always seem to. If your routine consistently requires a spot, fine, find a gym partner or hire a PT.

LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Austere View Post
    I saw one on the elliptical for over an hour. She was there before I started, she was there after I was leaving.

I mean, she looked quite fit, and that's some impressive dedication, but wouldn't it be more time efficient to do some higher intensity cardio for less time? Something like Prowler Sprints, Hill Sprints, etc...
    I have mad respect for the two women at my gym who actually train hard, the rest of them just do cardio that never changes how they look, or attempt to do weights but instead stand around and pick up a weight every 6 or 7 minutes.

A perfect example, this typical gross fat chick (the type who's shirt won't keep her in and breathes heavy) came in once, did cardio for 15 minutes, and the proceeds to do 21's with the 2lb DB's...looool

To be fair, it IS a light weight...
    Not when they are about to blow their ******* inside out hitting a 4" ROM for 3 reps! hahaha
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LoneWolf720 View Post
    I have mad respect for the two women at my gym who actually train hard, the rest of them just do cardio that never changes how they look, or attempt to do weights but instead stand around and pick up a weight every 6 or 7 minutes.

A perfect example, this typical gross fat chick (the type who's shirt won't keep her in and breathes heavy) came in once, did cardio for 15 minutes, and the proceeds to do 21's with the 2lb DB's...looool
    Yeah, my gym has some crazy bishes too. Including a female bodybuilder who is totally ripped, and has arms that are bigger than mine. So is her chest, but that's only cause of the silicone

Then again, there's also the fat chicks who crunch for over an hour and do nothing else. I don't want to call them idiots, since they're at least in the gym. But I feel kinda sorry for them because they bought into the spot reduction myth.

On another note, my friend recently told me that people at his gym see big guys, then just go around copying what they do. Sounds pretty amusing, but I doubt that's the entire picture, since if it were true there would be huge lines of people at the deadlift platform and squat rack.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    fat people who hog the ab/oblique machines because they think it will make them skinnier......smh

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you would
    You mirin bro?

Also I train biceps once a week fyi, for about 25 minutes.

trollhard. go hit up dat club on da weekends bruh.

ap30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ok..my mind is full of fuk right now.

just got back from gym and no lie some guy had a rubber mallet in his gym bag and was doing curls in front of the mirror. after each set hed pull out the mallet and hit his traps a good 20 times.

what the hell???

jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ap30 View Post
    ok..my mind is full of fuk right now.

just got back from gym and no lie some guy had a rubber mallet in his gym bag and was doing curls in front of the mirror. after each set hed pull out the mallet and hit his traps a good 20 times.

what the hell???
    lol tenderizing them?

You mirin bro?

Also I train biceps once a week fyi, for about 25 minutes.

trollhard. go hit up dat club on da weekends bruh.
    FUARK yeah im mirin...your bicep is the size of my head
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoneWolf720 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, my gym has some crazy bishes too. Including a female bodybuilder who is totally ripped, and has arms that are bigger than mine. So is her chest, but that's only cause of the silicone

Then again, there's also the fat chicks who crunch for over an hour and do nothing else. I don't want to call them idiots, since they're at least in the gym. But I feel kinda sorry for them because they bought into the spot reduction myth.

On another note, my friend recently told me that people at his gym see big guys, then just go around copying what they do. Sounds pretty amusing, but I doubt that's the entire picture, since if it were true there would be huge lines of people at the deadlift platform and squat rack.
    Technically I have three women at my gym who train hard , one of them, two of them are competitive, and one of them is bigger than a lot of guys (lots of tren and test obviously)

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    FUARK yeah im mirin...your bicep is the size of my head
    I can't wear t shirts cause I always get asked if I work out.

Gym idiot today.

Me! 100lb flat bench db press and I THREW the dumbell across the gym when I didn't get my rep and screamed ****ING ****.

Dat rage.

krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10) krixisLV is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey! i have read before about stepping over(or rather not stepping over) a barbell while you are actually working with it... well, i dont do it, when i first started working out at a gym like 6 years ago that was one of those small gym things i learned from others... but yesterday i saw one guy doing it all the time. remembered that this was mentioned here a while back and thought i would ask whats the reasoning behind that? respect? i really don't know

Originally Posted by kennyt12 View Post
    Guys I thank you for all the insightful information. As a newby to the gym, I've been working out for a month, I now know what to avoid doing. I want to add to the list!

I live in China and for some reason I keep seeing other white guys wearing spandex to the gym with nothing on over them! Come on man, nobody wants to see your junk bulging out! The Chinese locker is way different than the one in the States. Chinese guys just walk around showing their junk to everybody. Guys will be standing in front of a mirror fixing their hair with a shirt on but no pants or underware! I was shocked the first few time in the locker but now it's easier to ignore!
    The problem is that people do this in the states too. Mostly old retirement home denizens walking around naked.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

Sry for double post, but this is just too funny. Reposted from my workout log.

No hotties in the gym today, but a lot of curlbros and gym idiots. I saw one dude doing some hang snatch in the squat rack, and I'm like "ok, cool". Then he starts squatting 2 @ 145, though it looked like he could do more. He does this for at least 15 sets before he gets bored, taking about a minute in between.

Is this like some new training regimen? 15 sets of 2 reps each? Either way, I feel sorry for anyone who needed the squat rack.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

I can't wear t shirts cause I always get asked if I work out.

Gym idiot today.

Me! 100lb flat bench db press and I THREW the dumbell across the gym when I didn't get my rep and screamed ****ING ****.

Dat rage.
    With 100lbs in each hand, you have the right to throw the db's AT someone and scream "****ING ****!" Do you mean ppl ask you if you workout as in they arent sure or theyre basically complimenting you 24/7?
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

Qwertinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qwertinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qwertinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qwertinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qwertinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qwertinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qwertinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qwertinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qwertinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qwertinator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qwertinator is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There's this girl at my gym who is pretty legit in terms of size, she clearly works out, but man I never see her actually work hard. I swear to god every time I see her (3-4 times now) she's been locked in conversations for a good 20-30 minutes. Last Friday she was talking about this guy about her personal work problems, like all sensitive and stuff...sheesh louise!
    god didn't make this body, I did.

Klusps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klusps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klusps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klusps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klusps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klusps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klusps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klusps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klusps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klusps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klusps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering how to deal with my friends when we do bench.

When they bench, they always go way too heavy and end up only doing like 1-3 sets. They don't plan out their bench either, so its like they do random reps with random weights all the time. No consistency at all. And then when I try to go light with 8-10 reps, they tell me to stack on more since they know I can do more. No **** I can probably do more, I just thought the purpose of doing bench was to build your chest, not show off how much weight you can do and end up looking like a fool, or worst injuring yourself in the future. Keep in mind that we are all just beginners who just started going to the gym, so I won't be surprised if one of them get injured if they keep it up.

And they are OBSESSED with benching, like they do it back to back on consecutive days sometime. I told them that they shouldn't overwork themselves and allow time to heal, but they don't listen. I'm usually a nice guy, but I'm about to get in their face about it if they don't drop the ego...

Originally Posted by Klusps View Post
    I was wondering how to deal with my friends when we do bench.

When they bench, they always go way too heavy and end up only doing like 1-3 sets. They don't plan out their bench either, so its like they do random reps with random weights all the time. No consistency at all. And then when I try to go light with 8-10 reps, they tell me to stack on more since they know I can do more. No **** I can probably do more, I just thought the purpose of doing bench was to build your chest, not show off how much weight you can do and end up looking like a fool, or worst injuring yourself in the future. Keep in mind that we are all just beginners who just started going to the gym, so I won't be surprised if one of them get injured if they keep it up.

And they are OBSESSED with benching, like they do it back to back on consecutive days sometime. I told them that they shouldn't overwork themselves and allow time to heal, but they don't listen. I'm usually a nice guy, but I'm about to get in their face about it if they don't drop the ego...
    My older cousin was like this. They will probably continue to talk crap and may even be better at bench then you now or become better. My cousin is alot stronger than me, but only because he is 3 years older and outweighs me by 25lbs. He is only strong at bench and curls (go figure). He always says "when you can bench as much as me then you can tell me how to workout." He says this because he always urged me to do more weight, forget about form, dont warm up, etc. when I would tell him to get a better ROM and that he was stupid for only hitting the usual "bis bis chest bis" routine. I just smiled and always continued with my well constructed routine of 5x5. We are a few years down the road and his elbow gives out on bench and shoulder is completely screwed. He cant go more than 1/2 way down. Who is smarter now? You have a kid that had big arms (no legs) and could bench 250+ vs. a skinny kid that warmed up precisely and stuck to my program. Now he can barely workout efficiently and I am healthy as ever, making great gains in strength and mass, and will be able to lift heavy in my 50's+. Bottom line, disregard everything they say. Stick to your guns (no pun intended lol) and know that you may be weaker than them now or not have as solid of a physique, but down the road (when it really counts) you will pass them. Always warm up, stretch, and hit every muscle--ESPECIALLY back and legs. Keep up the good work bro. Train intensely and eat like an animal!
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

With 100lbs in each hand, you have the right to throw the db's AT someone and scream "****ING ****!" Do you mean ppl ask you if you workout as in they arent sure or theyre basically complimenting you 24/7?
    I have a tendincy to throw dumbbells after sets. Not really on purpose just frustration. I try not to do it around people tho.

Baha, yeah they always ask me if I "work out" or "play sports" Usually people who haven't seen me in a while or just toolsheds. It's pretty annoying. I don't ask them if they eat their face off and sit on the couch...

^ I wouldn't give a flying **** about your friends bench. I have tried a few times to help buddies out in the past.. no avail.

Let him hurt himself and be a try hard. Dudes won't be at it for very long.
    http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

I have a tendincy to throw dumbbells after sets. Not really on purpose just frustration. I try not to do it around people tho.

Baha, yeah they always ask me if I "work out" or "play sports" Usually people who haven't seen me in a while or just toolsheds. It's pretty annoying. I don't ask them if they eat their face off and sit on the couch...

^ I wouldn't give a flying **** about your friends bench. I have tried a few times to help buddies out in the past.. no avail.

Let him hurt himself and be a try hard. Dudes won't be at it for very long.
    "I don't ask them if they eat their face off and sit on the couch..." made me LOL! (sorry not sure how to make font bold)
    Yeah if someone ask me I want to be like "Yeah I do actually...do you eat Mickey D's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?"
    (insert fear quote here)

EM=The G.O.A.T.

R.I.P. Zyzz
    Forever Mirin'

Closed Thread
Page 248 of 334 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 ... LastLast