Closed Thread
Page 247 of 334 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 297 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,410 of 10001
    rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I saw something very odd today while I was warming up. Someone was on the bench press, with 15kg loaded on one side, and nothing loaded on the other. He then proceded to try and hold the light side up without moving the arm on that side, and bench only with the loaded side. I have no doubt that this was difficult, but I can't see how it could have possibly been more useful than just loading up each side evenly and benching normally.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GhostAvenger620 View Post
    I know how you feel, this morning I'm at the gym doing military presses, when I go and get a drink of water this female PT (who was nearby to notice I was returning) took the weights off and began assisting her client by showing her dl form. She has been in the area long enough to notice me going to the fountain for a drink. She wasn't even using the equipment when I approached, she was just standing around talking to the lady regarding how acting like a bitch to people will shave off 20 pounds. I had even left a workout glove on the bar to indicate I would be returning and in the nicest way possible I asked her if she wouldnt mind me finishing my set. (So nice short of baking her strawberry flavored cupcakes and skipping and singing with her through Mr. Roger's neighborhood). She looked at me like I was ****ing stupid. Her mouth pursed, and curled, and her tone was anything but pleasant.

"Uhm you know what?"

The sweet Angel princess said.

I noticed her mouth go sideways and paused. I was in for a verbal thrashing I could feel it, so I remained silent and simply gave her a cold glaring stare. She was obviously upset about something, and fearing prison time I stopped her and politely excused myself. I never talk to this lady, I always make it a habit to rack up the weights when I am finished, as I see the underpayed PT's have to struggle to do this sort of work. But for the life of me I can't understand how these PT's can be so rude towards their clients. Everytime I pass by this lady she doesnt realize I can see her looking at me in the mirror and gossiping about me like some little girl during high school recess. Is this sexual tension? Should I ask her out? It's not like I go to the gym curling in the squat rack or wearing baggy pants that show cotton breifs with tracks. As soon as I can build my power/squat rack I am throwing away my gym membership. I love going to the gym to workout like a comic book vigilante, I hate coming out fighting the desire to hurt someone and buy a 24 oz can of Earthquake to forget about it. But hey it beats working out in prison thats for sure. I don't usually like to confront people over silly matters like this because I usually end up cussing them out. Fear of confrontation I guess.
    /thread.

You sir posted the best narrated story...

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    I saw something very odd today while I was warming up. Someone was on the bench press, with 15kg loaded on one side, and nothing loaded on the other. He then proceded to try and hold the light side up without moving the arm on that side, and bench only with the loaded side. I have no doubt that this was difficult, but I can't see how it could have possibly been more useful than just loading up each side evenly and benching normally.
    Or just doing one-arm dumbbell press...
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

Raspo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raspo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raspo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raspo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raspo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raspo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raspo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raspo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raspo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raspo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Raspo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to be a gym idiot, (including my other football buddies), my freshman year whenever hot girls would walk into the weight room we would take deadlift bumpers ( the ones that look like 45's but really weigh like 5lbs) and put a ton of them on the bar then put normal weights on after so it would look like we benched a ton.... lol

ungmny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ungmny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ungmny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ungmny has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Biggest gym idiot is the one who is eating chocolate and trying to loose lower belly fat !! i used to be the one too but i have learnt .. another gym idiot is the guy who plays romantic music into the gym.. i will call him a G Y M B A A AStard .. another gym idiot who split reps like he asked to do 15 reps and he doing 7 then wait 4 a while then again 8 .. my comedy dose come from this forum !!

REPPING ...

jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimlaH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the guy who stood in the space between my elbow and waist talking to his buddy while i was doing incline db press. almost dropped my weight on him. Next set the idiot still didnt learn and stood in almost the same spot while im working out!

also the lady doing 2kg front delt raises in the squat rack. her form was so hard to watch bending her elbows 90deg as she lifted the weight like she was doing overhand curls

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^ I'd be tempted to try and hit the guy with the bar...not that it'd achieve much.

According to ungmny I am a gym idiot. I am cutting and I ate some chocolate tonight.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Training for an iron butt Icepray's Avatar
    Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some fat 40+year old guy told me I was going too heavy on the legpress, and that how you should never push yourself to hard in the gym, he goes to the gym twice a month... then told one of the PT&Guy at the help desk that I was doing heavy lifts on the legpress

PT came over and high-fived me (he's my friend)

I'm always open to listening to others but when you start off by saying you shouldn't push yourself in the gym! Why do you wanna gain weight? and I work out twice a month... please let me lift in peace =(
    Follow my vlog on my journey as an Amputee !
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/icepray
    Instagram: Icepray
    ********: www.********.com/ampuvation

jfosey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfosey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfosey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfosey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfosey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfosey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfosey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfosey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfosey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfosey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfosey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Icepray View Post
    Some fat 40+year old guy told me I was going too heavy on the legpress, and that how you should never push yourself to hard in the gym, he goes to the gym twice a month... then told one of the PT&Guy at the help desk that I was doing heavy lifts on the legpress

I'm always open to listening to others but when you start off by saying you shouldn't push yourself in the gym! Why do you wanna gain weight? and I work out twice a month... please let me lift in peace =(
    lol seriously? wow

nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jbball92 View Post
    people who use the bench press barbells for deadlifts.......
    Whenever the racks are full I steal barbells from the benches to do my deads. I even sit on the bench in between sets. u mad?
    ☆☆☆Ron Paul 2012 Support Crew☆☆☆

On dat DL rehab time... Meatros's Avatar
    Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nungman View Post
    Whenever the racks are full I steal barbells from the benches to do my deads. I even sit on the bench in between sets. u mad?
    I don't know the context of jbball92's quote, but I could easily see him meaning people doing 'deadlifts' while their training partner does bench press - the old ''it's all you! I've only got one finger on the bar"...

thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you agree to spot someone on bench, make sure you don't drip fkn sweat on their face. FFS.

Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10) Buckstevens is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thomasmagnum View Post
    If you agree to spot someone on bench, make sure you don't drip fkn sweat on their face. FFS.
    which reminds me, I hate being asked to spot, especially when the front counter guy is sitting there behind the counter texting or reading a muscle and fitness magazine....I want to get in and out of the gym, I'm not a trainer, I'm not an employee.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Buckstevens View Post
    which reminds me, I hate being asked to spot, especially when the front counter guy is sitting there behind the counter texting or reading a muscle and fitness magazine....I want to get in and out of the gym, I'm not a trainer, I'm not an employee.
    Gym workers can't accept liability for the clients by agreeing to assist in an exercise. They're not personal trainers, so really all they can do is point to the plaques on the exercise machines.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jbball92 View Post
    people who use the bench press barbells for deadlifts.......
    My gym has 6 flat benches. Acceptable?
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

jsullivan93 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsullivan93 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsullivan93 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsullivan93 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsullivan93 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsullivan93 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsullivan93 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsullivan93 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsullivan93 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsullivan93 is a name known to all. (+5000) jsullivan93 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Went to the gym today, getting my lifts in. Saw a bigger guy load up 405 on the squat rack, I'm thinking "Alright, nice weight. Good for you man." He then gets under it, and while walking it out he's shaking like he's having an epileptic fit, and then proceeds to squat down around 6 inches for 5 reps. I was in disbelief.

ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000)
    some guy spotting me dropped an ez bar with 145 in total weight on it right on my teeth. luckily i was able to push it just far enough to prevent it from breaking a tooth or busting a tooth through my lip.

FreeLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    While doing seated rows on some type of machine built into the pulldown one, some random guy came up to me and said, " you're working your fingers" when my grip was in 100% correct form. Even as I was rowing this guy was standing beside me shaking his head for 2 whole sets until I told him to "f*ck off I'm not interested in men" than witnessed him go drop his 150lbs bench press on himself.

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My gym is probably the weirdest place in Portland. Seriously.

On one hand, we have really big guys, and some guys who have got to be strongmen and powerlifters. Just saw a dude benching 405 raw for reps.

On the other hand, today I saw
    -Skinny highschool curlbros doing nothing but their arms
    -A dude supersetting Yates Rows with Barbell Curl (da fuk...) with a 65 lb bar in the power rack.
    -An obese chick doing crunches while I was warming up for DLs, and when I was finishing my workout an hour later, she was still crunching
    -A dude doing assisted pullups with 180 lbs...probably more than his weight
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    ^ I'd be tempted to try and hit the guy with the bar...not that it'd achieve much.

According to ungmny I am a gym idiot. I am cutting and I ate some chocolate tonight.
    lmao.

I was at a fitness club last night and this dude and his bro gang walked by my doing cable flyes. I tried my best to hit them.

Originally Posted by Icepray View Post

LOL. You should have just laughed in his face and told him to go to Curves.

KruseMissile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KruseMissile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KruseMissile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KruseMissile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KruseMissile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KruseMissile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KruseMissile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KruseMissile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KruseMissile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KruseMissile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KruseMissile is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FunkymonkAW View Post
    My gym has 6 flat benches. Acceptable?
    Mine has one. Fcking sucks. And kids be on it all day

BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Buckstevens View Post
    Yeah, helping people sucks.

dgd420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgd420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgd420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgd420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgd420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgd420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgd420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgd420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgd420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgd420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgd420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Girls who get dolled up to not even break a sweat in the gym. Or even worse, head straight to the cardio room for 20 mins and ignore the lifting room. Idiots.

Originally Posted by dgd420 View Post
    Girls who get dolled up to not even break a sweat in the gym. Or even worse, head straight to the cardio room for 20 mins and ignore the lifting room. Idiots.
    I saw one on the elliptical for over an hour. She was there before I started, she was there after I was leaving.

I mean, she looked quite fit, and that's some impressive dedication, but wouldn't it be more time efficient to do some higher intensity cardio for less time? Something like Prowler Sprints, Hill Sprints, etc...
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    a few gym idiots i see in my gym:
    - a skinny high school kid doing light-weight barbell bicep curls, and then switching to dumbbell bicep curls. no leg work whatsoever
    - a bunch of fat guys and whales doing 10 different types of crunches with medicine balls, etc.
    - the people who spend hours on the treadmill/elliptical
    "Psai is the love child of Rick Ross, Ghandi and Oz" - Phoenix9369

"you are going to be an excellent father, loving husband, and an unselfish lover one day" - TellitAgain

"You'll always be my favorite CEO. Always." - Tweedurr

"I have big respect for any young man as hard working as Psai" - Motiviert

Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oceanbreezeez is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Need some advice on how to deal with this gym idiot, figured I'd ask here:

Don't even know where to start on this guy. White guy, about early to mid 40s, just in case that matters. Now that I've read this thread, this guy is like the paragon of gym idiots. The optimus prime of *******s. He has shtty form on nearly all his exercises (always swinging everything, "full-body lat pulldowns" etc.) Then he complains loudly to other lifters about his back problems (I wonder why he has those, moron). He grunts/screams every rep. He never puts his weights away or wipes anything down. When he's done with a set he just lets go of the weight wherever it is. Sometimes he actually just throws it, almost hurt a guy who was doing something on the floor one time. I've never seen him actually leave the gym yet, he's there when I arrive and he's there when I leave.

One time I saw someone who was probably an acquaintance (he tries to talk to everyone so not that much of a stretch) call him out across the gym about how he left his dumbells laying around. He said something like "you're a big boy, put your toys away" and the idiot's reply was something along the line's of "yeah you're about to find out how big." He was kidding, but you could tell he really wasn't, and the guy dropped it.

But the worst part, the real problem, is that he occupies the one godamn squat rack the entire time he's there. It's ridiculous. He squats in it, curls in it, deadlifts in it. I'm surprised he doesn't pull up a bench too. And a fcking mini fridge. I've tried to tell him I need to squat and ask if I can work in, but he blows me off (same for anyone else who asks). Between sets of whatever in the squat rack, he either goes across the gym to the dumbells and does something over there, or he'll prance around the gym doing like the gayest movement I've ever seen, I can't tell if he's dancing or stretching or showing off or what, but what I can tell is that he looks like the biggest douchebag in the world when he's doing it.

I've only seen him there twice so far, but the first time I ever saw him was Saturday so it's been two of my past 3 workouts he's made me miss squats. Wat do?

BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenW22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanbreezeez View Post

Don't even know where to start on this guy. White guy, about early to mid 40s, just in case that matters. Now that I've read this thread, this guy is like the paragon of gym idiots. The optimus prime of *******s. He has shtty form on nearly all his exercises (always swinging everything, "full-body lat pulldowns" etc.) Then he complains loudly to other lifters about his back problems (I wonder why he has those, moron). He grunts/screams every rep. He never puts his weights away or wipes anything down. When he's done with a set he just lets go of the weight wherever it is. Sometimes he actually just throws it, almost hurt a guy who was doing something on the floor one time. I've never seen him actually leave the gym yet, he's there when I arrive and he's there when I leave.

One time I saw someone who was probably an acquaintance (he tries to talk to everyone so not that much of a stretch) call him out across the gym about how he left his dumbells laying around. He said something like "you're a big boy, put your toys away" and the idiot's reply was something along the line's of "yeah you're about to find out how big." He was kidding, but you could tell he really wasn't, and the guy dropped it.

But the worst part, the real problem, is that he occupies the one godamn squat rack the entire time he's there. It's ridiculous. He squats in it, curls in it, deadlifts in it. I'm surprised he doesn't pull up a bench too. And a fcking mini fridge. I've tried to tell him I need to squat and ask if I can work in, but he blows me off (same for anyone else who asks). Between sets of whatever in the squat rack, he either goes across the gym to the dumbells and does something over there, or he'll prance around the gym doing like the gayest movement I've ever seen, I can't tell if he's dancing or stretching or showing off or what, but what I can tell is that he looks like the biggest douchebag in the world when he's doing it.

I've only seen him there twice so far, but the first time I ever saw him was Saturday so it's been two of my past 3 workouts he's made me miss squats. Wat do?
    If you've already tried working in with the guy and he blows you off, it's time to talk to the gym employees. You're paying dues, you're entitled to not have to pick up other peoples' weights or use their sweaty machines. As far as the squat rack...I dunno. Your gym might have a "20 min per machine" rule or something. I'd talk to the employees and find out.

leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Oceanbreezeez View Post

YOu must go to my gym, because I couldn't get near the squat rack tonight because of two jackoffs doing curls. I did tell the manager, who did nothing, because he himself is also a curl-in-the-squat-rack aficionado.

GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dgd420 View Post
    This is 98% of women. srs
    *LSU crew*

Registered User SchrodingersOwl's Avatar
    SchrodingersOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SchrodingersOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SchrodingersOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SchrodingersOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SchrodingersOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SchrodingersOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SchrodingersOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SchrodingersOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SchrodingersOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SchrodingersOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SchrodingersOwl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My gym buddy and I walk over to the pullup area, the assisted pull-up machine is right next to a traditional pull-up bar area.

My gym buddy has dropped from 416 to 286 and gained a hell of a lot of strength. Never the less, he cannot yet do unassisted pull-ups. The assisted machine is occupied by a man and woman, chatting. So we think to ourselves, "surely they won't be there long." as most people don't stick to pull-ups long.

To our amazement, the man hops up and uses the step of the machine to do a set of 6 calf raises....and only that.

He then trades places with the woman, who proceeds to do the same.

We resort to trading off having my buddy do hangs while I do my weighted pull-ups.

They chat for three or four minutes, then more calf raises........

After three cycles of this, we finally politely ask them if we could use the machine. I even kept a straight face whilst asking to "work in". Their response was that they only had one more set and then it was all ours.

They then proceeded to talk about how agave didn't count as a sugar source for a solid two minutes before doing another set each of calf raises each and walking away.

We now jokingly refer to calf raises as pull-ups.

Closed Thread
Page 247 of 334 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 297 ... LastLast