Closed Thread
Page 204 of 334 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 304 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,120 of 10001
    Milk is for babies EnfantTerrible's Avatar
    Location: Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Iceman1800 View Post
    I would watch him do still leg deadlifts and learn a new exercise.....
    I should have been more specific. I know what stiff leg deadlifts are (I usually hear them referred to as Romanian deadlifts) but his back was rounded and he was looking down and putting the bar to the floor each time. You can't tell me that's an exercise worth learning!

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EnfantTerrible View Post
    I should have been more specific. I know what stiff leg deadlifts are (I usually hear them referred to as Romanian deadlifts) but his back was rounded and he was looking down and putting the bar to the floor each time. You can't tell me that's an exercise worth learning!
    romanian deads and stiff leg deads are two totally different exercises. I dl over 600#, how about you? I can stiff leg dl over 400# and my back is just fine and my form is rounded back. This is why we say you shouldn't give advice.

xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tumtum View Post
    if u weigh ureself with ure 10 pound boots and ure gallon of water u dont drink.....
    If you type like this you're officially a gym idiot.

Milk is for babies EnfantTerrible's Avatar
    Location: Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    romanian deads and stiff leg deads are two totally different exercises. I dl over 600#, how about you? I can stiff leg dl over 400# and my back is just fine and my form is rounded back. This is why we say you shouldn't give advice.
    Fair enough. I signed up on here so I could learn and learning I am! I'm still adamant that this guy was doing his back in but I guess you'd have to see it yourself.

I'm not quite deadlifting 600lbs just yet but you do have 25 years on me

HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EnfantTerrible View Post
    I was doing some shoulder work with my housemate on Friday last week and saw a guy who must have been age around 60 doing dead lifts. However, his legs were locked straight so he was doing everything with his lower back. Every rep made me wince and I wanted to say something but I thought he might get funny about it.

What would you do?
    If it was straight-leg deadlifts I'd probably say nothing unless his intent was to not do straight-leg deadlifts, but how can you tell? I'd need to see his form, but how do you know that's not what he was doing?

HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HockeyJon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you should keep quiet since you have no clue what you are talking about
    B10 like a cheap slut!

TheRaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheRaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheRaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheRaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheRaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheRaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheRaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheRaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheRaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheRaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheRaw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rela89 View Post
    gym idiot: The manager at my school's gym that prohibits squatting/deadlifting barefoot.
    o

h

s

bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Rela89 View Post
    Reminds me of this one guy I used to always see in the early afternoon at my home gym: dressed in polos, popped collar, and doing bicep work for a good hour or so. Mind you I was lifting heavier weights than he.
    At your home gym? You need to tell him to un-pop that collar of GTFO of your house!

Muratovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muratovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muratovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muratovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muratovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muratovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muratovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muratovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muratovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muratovic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Muratovic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is some great stuff

WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000)
    This guy has come into the gym everyday for the last week

smiling.

just

smiling, everywhere doing everything, huge grin on his face.
    Bring on picture sigs.

rapeback

bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigmooscles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WlLD View Post

smiling.

just

He probably took "Extenze" instead of "Xtend" by mistake.. remember those smiling bob commercials?

Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ghioben has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

Originally Posted by WlLD View Post

smiling.

just

is this him?

You're a gym idiot... if you put your stuff on the bench, power rack, and smith machine AT THE SAME TIME so that no one can use it.

inb4someonereplieswith"I do that at my gym. u mad?"
    New GST Workout Program Journal -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127869653

I rep back 100%.

I squat in the curl rack Rela89's Avatar
    Rela89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rela89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rela89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rela89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rela89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rela89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rela89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rela89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rela89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rela89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rela89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bigmooscles View Post
    At your home gym? You need to tell him to un-pop that collar of GTFO of your house!
    "home gym" as in the gym I go to when I'm not at school and back in my home state...I use my school's gym throughout the year.

Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biohazardous22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Haven't had any orignal experiences. But today, I had one . Was shaking my water bottle and someone came up to me and asked why I was shaking it. I said it has my creatine in it(Green mag). When his reply was, Oh you know creatine only lasts for like the first 10 seconds of your workout right, its a waste of money. Dumb founded by ignorance I said ok and put my headphones in. I lol'ed.
    Last edited by Biohazardous22; 11-02-2010 at 04:10 PM.

okitoki1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) okitoki1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) okitoki1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) okitoki1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) okitoki1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) okitoki1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) okitoki1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) okitoki1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) okitoki1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) okitoki1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) okitoki1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    while on the X-trainer doing my Cardio... saw 2 girls in front of me getting on the treadmill and started walking at speed setting of 1 and started chatting with each other...

After 30mins has finished... I was surprised to see thes 2 girls were still chatting and walking at the snail pace....

luckily the gym wasnt packed or else there would be a few pissed off people....

Silentlamb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silentlamb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nooooo the worst is when they pack the barbells full and all their pens and books and juices and towels and bags around it....do one set and walk off to go chat....

DO NOT BE PISSED wehn we move your ****e over so we can train!!!! we are 3 brothers and we take long on one machine so we do it and get i over with...

SHUT UP AND TRAIN!!!

Registered User wiltchamberlain's Avatar
    wiltchamberlain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiltchamberlain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiltchamberlain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiltchamberlain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiltchamberlain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiltchamberlain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiltchamberlain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiltchamberlain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiltchamberlain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiltchamberlain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiltchamberlain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
    Lol, what a d-bag. I'm not very far along on bench press (3x10@165), but my buff friends have always been very encouraging to me. And since when I started I as a weak fat dude who could barely do 75 pounds, I still feel kinda happy.

I'm guessing a lot of you have seen the guys doing hammer curls that are more like clean-and-jerks.

Also amusing are the people who try to bench press 200 pounds once and fail...and then try to bench press 250 pounds. It's basically a team of a skinny guy and 2 spotters lifting the weight, and it's hilarious.

But most of my favorite moments have come from seeing dudes in the squat rack. Some guys keep their backs completely upright, slide their knees forward, and call it a squat. And some girls (for some reason, they're all girls) practically just shake their butts underneath the bar, they don't even approach parallel.

For experienced bodybuilders, ofc this statement is idiotic, but for obese people it might actually be possible...
    Thats true I started off at 370 LBS in September 2009 and am now down to 195 LBS and I definitely have more muscle i was weak as **** before now i'm getting pretty strong i think.

Alwaysdeadlift is just really nice. (+1000) Alwaysdeadlift is just really nice. (+1000) Alwaysdeadlift is just really nice. (+1000) Alwaysdeadlift is just really nice. (+1000) Alwaysdeadlift is just really nice. (+1000) Alwaysdeadlift is just really nice. (+1000) Alwaysdeadlift is just really nice. (+1000) Alwaysdeadlift is just really nice. (+1000) Alwaysdeadlift is just really nice. (+1000) Alwaysdeadlift is just really nice. (+1000) Alwaysdeadlift is just really nice. (+1000)
    I go at 9PM. That way I have the place all to myself to be a gym idiot.

Btw, not sure if this classifies as being a gym idiot directly, but more like a f*cking disgusting schlep of a person. What about the dude that stands w/ his face 1" away from one of the many mirrors, turns slightly side to side, then proceeds to dig at and pop pimples.

Sad thing is, I've actually seen this a couple times by different people. I want to smack them in the mouth. GTFO dirty scumbag.
    deadlift: 500 (No straps, No belt, No chalk... 100% RAW)
    squat: 405
    Bench: 300
    ------
    total: 1205

4.66sec 40 yard dash at 205lbs

Former Outside Back in the Rugby US Superleague (ankle tendons exploded, I will return one day... bigger, muhahaha!!!)

jorelljorell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gotta share some., here in P.I one fat dumb idiot takes fat burner before workout, drink his energy drink, do his routine(CHEST WORKOUT, he does chest workout 5 times a week, you wont believe but it's true, made me think his name is chester) then looks at the mirror like he's the most handsome man on the planet, but damn he's a d-bag, after the workout, he will stay on the gym then when he saw newbies, he'll compete, for example, one newbie did a 30lbs bench. he benched also doing like 100lbs, and he's shouting. totally idiot, oh did i already said that he drinks whey protein after workout? what about the fatburner?

sbstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbstar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jorelljorell View Post
    gotta share some., here in P.I one fat dumb idiot takes fat burner before workout, drink his energy drink, do his routine(CHEST WORKOUT, he does chest workout 5 times a week, you wont believe but it's true, made me think his name is chester) then looks at the mirror like he's the most handsome man on the planet, but damn he's a d-bag, after the workout, he will stay on the gym then when he saw newbies, he'll compete, for example, one newbie did a 30lbs bench. he benched also doing like 100lbs, and he's shouting. totally idiot, oh did i already said that he drinks whey protein after workout? what about the fatburner?
    I totally believe you. We have a guy in our gym who does nothing but chest and biceps I swear. He uses incredibly heavy weights and uses more momentum then a Mack truck to get those things moving. I keep thinking I'm going to see him hurt something and end up on the floor one of these days.

I'm far from an expert and I'm sure there have been days more advanced people have looked at me like I'm the "gym idiot" but at least I do some kind of research and try to do it right.

dimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dimman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was doing legs today, first thing after warm-up I went to the squat rack. When I came, there was a guy resting, I asked how many sets he had left, he said it was his last one, so I decided to wait.
    Then the guy proceeded to the bar, put on his lifting straps and squatted
    Strong tension on wrists is strong
    WTF MATE? :O

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ive made several posts in this thread about the gym idiot in my gym and today is another story.

I guess it was leg day for him today and he had an elastic band hanging in the squat rack, from the top. He was laying flat on his back, had 2 approximately 15 lb weights wrapped to his wrists, and started doing leg curls with that elastic band.

Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

man1024 is on a distinguished road. (+10) man1024 is on a distinguished road. (+10) man1024 is on a distinguished road. (+10) man1024 is on a distinguished road. (+10) man1024 is on a distinguished road. (+10) man1024 is on a distinguished road. (+10) man1024 is on a distinguished road. (+10) man1024 is on a distinguished road. (+10) man1024 is on a distinguished road. (+10) man1024 is on a distinguished road. (+10) man1024 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hahaha)) good one!
    "Young man, seize every minute of your time, the days fly by, not long you too will grow old"

mattyboysharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyboysharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyboysharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyboysharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyboysharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyboysharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyboysharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyboysharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyboysharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyboysharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyboysharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This one bloke I seen in the gym today seems to fit the title of this thread really well. Anyway, this guy sat on one of the legs machines I needed to use for about 20mins (after I noticed him) and only done 3 sets, all the while sipping on his 1.25 ltr bottle of lime soda! Really made me think 'what's the point in being here, mate?'.

Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redesign2alpha will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Angry

I got a nasty one for today... So there was this guy squatting in the squat rack (no biggie right?) well he had a bit of weight on there 'bout 3 plates on each side... and proceeds to begin to rep them out and in mid squat stops and makes a funny face, so i walked over to see if he was alright and it smelled like he'd **** himself. He racked the bar walked over to the paper towel thing reaches back wipes himself, takes the paper towels with him and proceeds to continue squatting... really was quite nasty smelling after that...
    Respect and Honor

His name was Death, and Hell followed with him

"if death was a god. there is only one thing to say to death, Not today"

RuVe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RuVe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RuVe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RuVe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RuVe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RuVe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RuVe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RuVe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RuVe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Redesign2alpha View Post
    I got a nasty one for today... So there was this guy squatting in the squat rack (no biggie right?) well he had a bit of weight on there 'bout 3 plates on each side... and proceeds to begin to rep them out and in mid squat stops and makes a funny face, so i walked over to see if he was alright and it smelled like he'd **** himself. He racked the bar walked over to the paper towel thing reaches back wipes himself, takes the paper towels with him and proceeds to continue squatting... really was quite nasty smelling after that...
    WOW. all i have to say is wow.

Hannah256 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Was really laughing a lot with most of the things on this thread, and getting to see who is a gym idiot or not....

untill I read this---->
    Originally Posted by Redesign2alpha View Post
    My mood just changed...I am so glad I wasn´t there...

URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) URL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    punishment..... is death???

VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VagarH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    Ive made several posts in this thread about the gym idiot in my gym and today is another story.

I guess it was leg day for him today and he had an elastic band hanging in the squat rack, from the top. He was laying flat on his back, had 2 approximately 15 lb weights wrapped to his wrists, and started doing leg curls with that elastic band.
    No MS Paint drawing for this one, but something similar (strange exercise, wrong equipment).

So my wife and I are in a squat rack, doing deadlifts (not a lot of room in the gym elsewhere, and this thing doesn't get too much use). While she's doing her set, I look over and I see this slightly older guy loading up the smith press. Like seriously loading--maybe 4 plates each side. So I think, 'Well, smith press or not, this guy is stronger than he looks'.

The smith bar is bending a bit, particularly as he's putting another plate on each side (so he's got like 450 lbs in plates, plus whatever a smith bar weighs) so he gets two benches to support the plates on the outside of the machine.

He then comes over and starts taking plates from our area, including one I was using. I steer him away from it, and he goes and finds two more elsewhere. Now he's got 6 plates on either side!

He's got the bar low enough that he could be doing shrugs, or maybe deadlift, but he gets under it, so he's laying on the floor in bench position.

I figure this guy's way stronger than he looks, and is benching off the floor for...more support?...not to break a bench? Whatever. I'm interested to see him press this now, and there's a couple of other guys surveilling the situation, too. Our gym doesn't typically have that kind of benching going on.

So he gets under the bar, presses up on it slightly--no movement at all, other than a bit of rattling, and proceeds to do some sort of lower leg raise.

A ****ing core exercise.

That doesn't require 540 lbs of counter-resistance, obviously.

And he tried to take my plates so he could do this ****.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post

he does look very happy doing them!

Closed Thread
Page 204 of 334 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 304 ... LastLast