Closed Thread
Page 189 of 334 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 289 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,670 of 10001
    sader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

gym idiot

i know every gym has one but someone should really tell the 400 pound fat guy who less than partial reps the 315 he has on bench that he is not impressing anyone

Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fenix266 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A couple of things I witnessed today:

Tall skinny guy (prob ~6ft and a bit, 140-150lbs) in the gym today working on chest. First he was doing bench presses on the smith machine and then he went to DB presses. Terrible ROM, terrible form...he was struggling and trying to go as fast as he could at the same time. The worst part was that I could argue he wasn't doing DB presses at all, he was trying to make the loudest clanging sound that slamming DB's can make...Extremely distracting if you're trying to workout on the next bench and you get hammered every couple of seconds by the shockwave of slamming DB's. (this is 25lb and 30lb DB btw)

Second thing...group of 3 guys come in and start doing bench presses and this one guy (the biggest of the 3) puts on 2 plates on each side. As soon as he lifts the weight it crashes down and bounces on his chest. This was a sight to see, I was waiting for his sternum to crack. He seemed to be lifting it up fine but I couldn't tell if the spotter was doing most of the work. (his balance probably didn't help either because he had his legs up off the floor knees close to his stomach)

They then move on to other exercises and they are joking around and saying stuff like 'cmon you can go heavier than that' and every rep each one of them does has the spotter helping...unbelievable...

Zephraim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zephraim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zephraim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zephraim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zephraim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zephraim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zephraim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zephraim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zephraim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've seen many so many of these things in my gym.

I just started weight-training a month ago, but I've done a lot of bodybuilding research and, despite being a total novice, feel I know at least some things.

The personal trainers at my gym though, they're awful. I walk by them doing sessions with people all the time, and they are having people[who I assume know virtually nothing about exercise in general] do ridiculous and useless exercises, not to mention inconvenience people who are working out by themselves.

I've seen different personal trainers "training", teaching their clients to do pointless exercises and things they probably wouldn't do without the trainer breathing down their necks, and I have to think that becoming a personal trainer must be stupidly easy.

Three examples:

-Make a 300 lb. man run up the only set of stairs to the upper floor[cardio machines], blocking people from going up or down. Still, what's more is that I'm sure this man could hurt himself doing that at his weight.

-Have a middle-aged and overweight woman do some weird looking superman exercise on a cushion balance board while doing a drill-sergeant-esque countdown. Way to embarrass your client.

-A male trainer having this 20 year old blonde girl jump up and down on a raised platform for ten minutes, which I'm fairly sure he did just because he wanted to gawk at her with no repercussions.

Personal trainers are gym idiots.

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Zephraim View Post
    -A male trainer having this 20 year old blonde girl jump up and down on a raised platform for ten minutes, which I'm fairly sure he did just because he wanted to gawk at her with no repercussions.

Personal trainers are gym idiots.
    I see this one a lot and I like it.
    Life is easy when you take personal responsibility
    MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

I don't do limits.

gark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by devl View Post
    6. If you train, lets say chest on monday and triceps on tuesday, you are officially a gym idiot.

7. If you have ever uttered the phrase "I'm going to cut 40 pounds of bodyweight while increasing my muscle mass, you are officially a gym idiot.
    I wouldn't be so quick to think these two defines an idiot.

6, especially if you are on a intensity based training program. Remember that volume determines overtraining and not intensity, per say.

7, though unlikely, this is certainly possible. But most of time it's more getting clients to drop 3-5 kgs of fat without a change in weight = increase in muscle mass at the same time.

203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The other day @ the gym this guy was curling in the squat rack (go figure) but this guy would lean forward, and throw his entire back into it... I was actually saying "This guys gonna hurt himself"

mrpaseo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by chris316 View Post
    Am I missing something or is this guy an idiot? EZ bar has 2 10k plates either side he takes them off and puts a 20 on either side? Is it just because it looks a heavier?
    That's just funny...

robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000) robwein83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Guys that lift and do cardio year around and their physiques never change cause they're always at maintenance.

YOu're doing it wrong.

mrpaseo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mechanicus View Post
    The silent killer.
    Just realized, I quoted the response to another post... the original said something like, "Invisible Lat Syndrome".

This reminds me of an arm day in the past (Few years now). My lifting partner came up to me and told me to put my elbows closer to my sides, when I told him they are as close as they would go he reached up and pushed my elbows to my sides... to no avail. He was like, WTF?

Sadly, since he never saw me without my fat suit on (Always wearing baggy clothes, I'm not a tight clothes type of guy at all) he never knew I had lats.

Oh well, maybe someday I can take off this fat suit and show what little bit of muscle that I do have to the world, until then, XL for me please.

Ray

garyhollidge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garyhollidge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garyhollidge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garyhollidge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garyhollidge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive seen many people work there arms every day of the week. for a couple of months they make gains, then wonder why they stop making gains. the worst part is when u explain why thats wrong and they need to recover, you see them the next day working there arms. bloody idiots

javierf720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

endless set

So i was waiting for the incline leg press machine and this girl was on there txting and doing the exercise with 25lbs on each side. So i asked her how many more sets do you have and her response was "I've got 5 more minutes".... she continued to do the machine while txting for 5 more minutes wow really can someone tell me the logic behind that because I don't know where to start.

RobertNextHulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by robwein83 View Post
    Guys that lift and do cardio year around and their physiques never change cause they're always at maintenance.

YOu're doing it wrong.
    If they're using the same weights and doing cardio at the same intensity constantly, then they're always at maintenance, if they wanted to. But if they wonder why they're not making any progress, when they haven't challenged themselves in anyway, they're possibly idiots. For the record, I'm always challenging myself rather than using the same weight or doing cardio at the same intensity, that's how I always improve.
    Freaky size means nothing if you aren't freaky shredded. So eat clean, train hard yet smart, and use dietary supplements for faster results.

Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sader View Post
    i know every gym has one but someone should really tell the 400 pound fat guy who less than partial reps the 315 he has on bench that he is not impressing anyone
    Good point. I find 250 pound bench presses to be less than impressive as well.
    *MFC Illuminati*

*3-22-13*

OneEightyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am not a huge guy at 150 lbs, but I like to focus on my form rather than weight. One guy about my size, maybe a little smaller goes up the the dumbell rack and picks up a 90lb dumbell to do overhead tricep extensions. He has his friend who is big, but who has badly formed muscles due to bad form help him up. He starts bringing the weight over his head, than when his friend lets go of the weight he drops the dumbell and hurts his shoulder. Saw it happening from the beginning.

Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RobertNextHulk View Post
    If they're using the same weights and doing cardio at the same intensity constantly, then they're always at maintenance, if they wanted to. But if they wonder why they're not making any progress, when they haven't challenged themselves in anyway, they're possibly idiots. For the record, I'm always challenging myself rather than using the same weight or doing cardio at the same intensity, that's how I always improve.
    Cardio is cardio btw. It's a myth that your body gets used to the cardio intensity so you need to up it. People usually do cardio for 2 things:

1) it's good for the heart
    2) it helps with someone's calorie defecit

bcx is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcx is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcx is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcx is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcx is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcx is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcx is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcx is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcx is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcx is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My gym seems to be doing this thing where you can sign up for a session in correct form of deadlifting for £20.
    That's right, £20. I cannot see how a gym can prioritise cash over safety of it's inhabitants.

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Things I do in the gym:

- Heavy BB curls in the squat rack
    - BB Shrugs in the squat rack
    - Aways wear flip-flops or go bare-foot
    - Use chains & chalk
    - Drop the 120lb dbells after I finish incline pressing them (same goes for the 110's, 100's etc)
    - Sometime leave 350+lbs on the bar after finishing squats
    - Take the clips off the lat-pull down so that I can us it for weighted dips / chins

Does that make me a gym idiot?

On the plus side...

- I'm always friendly and chatty
    - Happy to let people work in with me
    - Clean up any mess I make
    - Agreed with the gym owner that I won't sue him if / when I drop a large weight on my foot
    - Happy to help noobs with nutrition / training advice
    - Always put the clips back
    - Lift heavy and with good form

What's the verdict?? Reps for replies.
    BMBC - DinoT1985

kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by debrovnik View Post
    Things I do in the gym:

- Heavy BB curls in the squat rack
    - BB Shrugs in the squat rack
    - Aways wear flip-flops or go bare-foot
    - Use chains & chalk
    - Drop the 120lb dbells after I finish incline pressing them (same goes for the 110's, 100's etc)
    - Take the clips off the lat-pull down so that I can us it for weighted dips / chins

Does that make me a gym idiot?

On the plus side...

- I'm always friendly and chatty
    - Happy to let people work in with me
    - Agreed with the gym owner that I won't sue him if / when I drop a large weight on my foot
    - Happy to help noobs with nutrition / training advice
    - Always put the clips back
    - Lift heavy and with good form

What's the verdict?? Reps for replies.
    LOL! You're not a "gym idiot"..You're just a dumb a$$ weightlifter!! Absolutley NO OFFENSE implied!!! All the things on the second list negate the first...well except the chatty part!
    Ya gotta think it to believe it and ya gotta believe it to become it.

codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) codordoa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What's the verdict??
    IMO context is everything, constant ignorance defines a gym idiot. Judging by your post, you most definitely are NOT one brah.

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)

What?
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    things i do in the gym:

- heavy bb curls in the squat rack
    - bb shrugs in the squat rack
    - aways wear flip-flops or go bare-foot
    - use chains & chalk
    - drop the 120lb dbells after i finish incline pressing them (same goes for the 110's, 100's etc)
    - sometime leave 350+lbs on the bar after finishing squats
    - take the clips off the lat-pull down so that i can us it for weighted dips / chins

does that make me a gym idiot?

On the plus side...

- i'm always friendly and chatty
    - happy to let people work in with me
    - clean up any mess i make
    - agreed with the gym owner that i won't sue him if / when i drop a large weight on my foot
    - happy to help noobs with nutrition / training advice
    - always put the clips back
    - lift heavy and with good form

what's the verdict?? :d reps for replies.
    yes you are for chatting, leaving weights on the bar,and especially for shrugging and curling in the squat rack

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by ninetysix View Post
    cardio is cardio btw. It's a myth that your body gets used to the cardio intensity so you need to up it.
    wrong

Originally Posted by robwein83 View Post
    guys that lift and do cardio year around and their physiques never change cause they're always at maintenance.

You're doing it wrong.
    athletes do both all the time

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kcmoto View Post
    LOL! You're not a "gym idiot"..You're just a dumb a$$ weightlifter!! Absolutley NO OFFENSE implied!!! All the things on the second list negate the first...well except the chatty part!
    What's wrong with chatting? I go to a friendly gym!

Originally Posted by codordoa View Post
    IMO context is everything, constant ignorance defines a gym idiot. Judging by your post, you most definitely are NOT one brah.
    Hooray!

Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    What?
    I mean if I drop chalk everywhere I clean it up. In my gym, no-one clears weights up, they're just left where they are - no-one's bothered by it.

I wouldn't leave a bar loaded up on the floor, only in the squat rack or bench.

Originally Posted by BC02 View Post
    yes you are for chatting, leaving weights on the bar,and especially for shrugging and curling in the squat rack
    Again, what's wrong with chatting? I'm a sociable guy in a sociable gym!

Weights on the bar... meh

Curling in the squat rack, well, considering I'm the only one that uses it, I class it as mine! So I'll do with it what I please!
    BMBC - DinoT1985

Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BC02 View Post
    wrong
    Don't think so. Sure the body adapts to the cardio but you still burn the same amount of calories if you do the same duration of cardio now and in the future.

Too lazy to link the studies right now.

Originally Posted by ninetysix View Post
    don't think so. Sure the body adapts to the cardio but you still burn the same amount of calories if you do the same duration of cardio now and in the future.

Too lazy to link the studies right now.
    you arent taking running economy into account.With improved running economy running the same distance in the same time is easier/requires less effort/burns less calories

JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool Log #4

These small, local gyms have some of the funnest sights..

1. Guy loads up squat rack with 2 plates on each side, looks my height and less built so seemed pretty impressive to me. I look away and focus on barbell rows when I see him in midst of doing a set, only going down about an inch in his squats. Not even sure if it qualifies as a partial for the small amount of ROM.

2. Woman who camps out the only leg curl machine in the ENTIRE gym; lies there like its a lawn chair in her front yard.

3. Just arrived at the DB rack, a girl looked to be working hard as she was breathing pretty heavy. One whiff of the air and I got that terrible 'McDonald salt' smell, as if she just got done eating a large order of fries and it was being burned off right at that moment.

Ok.. that last one was pretty gross but luckily, she left way before I was finished for the day.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Are you a pretty boy or an ugly girl?
    BMBC - DinoT1985

JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JeannetteEmigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've got a guy who spends all of his time on the elyptical in a WOOL SUIT! I'd swear its the same one too. Srs I couldn't make up something so ridiculous.

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OneEightyy View Post
    . He has his friend who is big, but who has badly formed muscles due to bad form.
    this statement qualifies you as a gym idiot.....

Closed Thread
Page 189 of 334 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 289 ... LastLast