Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    Thanks. I was sure it would be more.

Quick correction, 2-3 holes lower than squat height with a straight bar is about right. When I hit leg day today I noticed I actually adjusted the j-hooks 2 holes down, not 1.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 03-21-2023 at 04:44 PM.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Quick correction, 2-3 holes lower than squat height with a straight bar is about right. When I hit leg day today I noticed I actually adjusted the j-hooks 2 holes down, not 1.
    This is my rack, right? So 3 - 4.5"? Makes more sense looking at the drop from pad to bar.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    This is my rack, right? So 3 - 4.5"? Makes more sense looking at the drop from pad to bar.

Yes it is and that's correct.

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Saweet! This bar is still SUPER high on my list of things to buy, I've been on the fence for a while because I'm worried that like the EliteFTS bar it will sit too wide on my shoulders. I'm the weirdo with pointy bones on the top of my shoulder, so unless the pads rest right on your traps its a painful experience for me.

The padding on it basically hugs your traps and rear delts (like a backpack) and molds to you, they also have the "Higgy" version which is to be released soon which is supposed to be marketed towards narrower athletes, but it weighs 35 lbs instead of 65 lbs and the sleeves I believe are a bit shorter.

I think it's $100 less than the version 1.0. I'll try and find the link of the source where it's supposed to be released first and post it here.

Edit: Here's the link for the pre-order of the 2.0 below, or maybe try and get the 1.0 from Fitness Factory and talk to Matt Hunt if it fits your body type. The newer version has a nicer finish on both the bar and the sleeves.

http://www.solidbarfitness.com/products/marrs-bar-20
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 03-22-2023 at 04:36 AM.

William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Alright, alright...not sure how, or where I might store one, but this is the equipment forum and I think I might finally get one of these because I could see some potential benefits to owning and regularly using one of these bars (veering more towards the Marrs Bar, but I might have some questions on the latter too).

Does anyone have any experience using the new Prime Super Squat Bar and if so have you also used the Marrs Bar to have any feedback on pros and cons?

Is it a more quad dominant bar, or hip dominant like the Marrs Bar when it's on the back?

The Prime Super Squat Bar at first glance kinda looks a bit clunky and the handles look a bit long squatting with it...but maybe it's the best thing going on the market, who knows...

Any reputable sites that sell the Marrs Bar at the best price with minimal potential damage shipped?

I think I eliminated the Kabuki Transformer Bar from my possible list and I'm not really looking for a regular SSB that butts you forward to fight you from being upright. Any insight appreciated.
    Hi Everyone

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm totally out on the Prime SSB now that they eliminated the adjustment setting, it's just an SSB, there's plenty out there that do the SSB great at half the cost.

Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    I'm totally out on the Prime SSB now that they eliminated the adjustment setting, it's just an SSB, there's plenty out there that do the SSB great at half the cost.

I agree, also there's something about the Prime that looks a little too techy/complicated looking as opposed to the old school look...sort of like it gets in it's own way with too much going on in my opinion. I'm completely satisfied with my Marrs Bar, big thanks to everyone who steered me in the right direction at the time on it.

jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500)
    It's great that you're considering purchasing a Prime Super Squat Bar or a Marrs Bar for your workouts. It's always a good idea to gather feedback from other users before making a purchase. While I don't have any personal experience using either of these bars, I would suggest checking out reviews on reputable fitness websites or forums where you can find feedback from other users who have used these bars. You can also reach out to your local gym or fitness community to see if anyone has any experience with these bars.

As for purchasing the Marrs Bar, I would recommend checking out the manufacturer's website to ensure you're getting an authentic product. You can also check out reputable online retailers that specialize in fitness equipment. When it comes to shipping, make sure you select a trusted carrier to minimize the potential for damage during shipping.

Ultimately, the choice between the Prime Super Squat Bar and the Marrs Bar will depend on your personal preferences and goals. Consider the exercises you want to do and the muscle groups you want to target, as well as the design and feel of each bar. Good luck with your decision and happy lifting!

I know I've mentioned this before, but figured I'd bump this thread and say it again, the Marrs Bar rocks and is an absolute keeper in the gym...after the initial break in period and matching the plate math to my regular barbell squat, I could confidently say that the Marrs Bar is my main squat bar.

Also to note, for the low bar back squat with this bar, I found that for me grabbing the handles higher on the steel part with elbows flared a bit gives me a deeper squat with no interference of my elbows hitting my knees and front squats are equally as good with this bar and can hit depth nicely with it, although been staying with the back squat setting to have everything tied in for now.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I know I've mentioned this before, but figured I'd bump this thread and say it again, the Marrs Bar rocks and is an absolute keeper in the gym...after the initial break in period and matching the plate math to my regular barbell squat, I could confidently say that the Marrs Bar is my main squat bar.

Also to note, for the low bar back squat with this bar, I found that for me grabbing the handles higher on the steel part with elbows flared a bit gives me a deeper squat with no interference of my elbows hitting my knees and front squats are equally as good with this bar and can hit depth nicely with it, although been staying with the back squat setting to have everything tied in for now.
    Totally agree on grabbing the steel instead of grips is perfect for back squats. I rest my hands on the yoke for front squats. I might be applying a little downward pressure doing this, but oh well. It's comfortable and more resistance will only make me stronger.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Totally agree on grabbing the steel instead of grips is perfect for back squats. I rest my hands on the yoke for front squats. I might be applying a little downward pressure doing this, but oh well. It's comfortable and more resistance will only make me stronger.

Right on! I like how the Marrs just locks you into the squat so you can zero in on it without any outside interference/pressure where it shouldn't have to be.

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Right on! I like how the Marrs just locks you into the squat so you can zero in on it without any outside interference/pressure where it shouldn't have to be.
    It looks like you have the newer molded pad instead of the older style with the cover. Has yours started to crack yet? I've seen reports of other people having that problem, and I got the smaller version last month, and after just 6 workouts the left yoke split where it rests on my traps. Pretty disappointing to say the least. I sent SolidBarFitness an email last night and I'll see what they have to say. I think they made a bad choice changing padding. I assume it was to cut down on labor costs.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──

TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    It looks like you have the newer molded pad instead of the older style with the cover. Has yours started to crack yet? I've seen reports of other people having that problem, and I got the smaller version last month, and after just 6 workouts the left yoke split where it rests on my traps. Pretty disappointing to say the least. I sent SolidBarFitness an email last night and I'll see what they have to say. I think they made a bad choice changing padding. I assume it was to cut down on labor costs.
    Leaving aside the yoke issue on the smaller Marrs bar, how do you like it compared to the original, larger one?

I'm curious about getting the smaller one as well.

So far I haven't seen any cracks fortunately, but I have heard this problem being not uncommon and think it's unnecessary on a premium product. I remember at the time asking if they still make the old padding with covering, but they were discontinued and replaced with the molded padding. Hopefully they make things right with the damage.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #80 ▪█─────█▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #16 ▪[M]====[6]▪

▪█─█▪ Certified workout equipment addict ▪█─█▪

"We're all gonna be alright crew, we got this!"

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TunaGill View Post
    Leaving aside the yoke issue on the smaller Marrs bar, how do you like it compared to the original, larger one?

I'm curious about getting the smaller one as well.
    I never tried the larger one so I can't compare, but the general functionality (and presumably, feel) should be able the same for each. The sleeves ship unattached and must be bolted on during assembly to lower the shipping costs (and even then, it was one of the biggest boxes I've ever gotten via UPS at 6' long and almost 2' x 2' on a side). The sleeves are deeply grooved (which I hate), and the bar itself is made of hollow tubing, while I think the original is solid steel. I think the main downside (aside from a lower weight limit because of the hollow tubing) is the lighter weight and the fact that the powder coat is slippery, so it can be challenging putting on plates if they have tight tolerances. The plates sometimes push the bar as I'm trying to get them on, which cause one side to dip and the whole thing goes lopsided until you rearrange it in the J-cups. But I'm getting better at doing it and if your plates have ample room, you'll be fine.

I have a low ceiling, and I wanted something that I could store upright. I like the bar, but the feel does take some getting used to. I think it's "lower" than my usual positioning with a straight bar. I do think they made a bad choice when they switched pads, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're forced to change back in the future.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──

I never tried the larger one so I can't compare, but the general functionality (and presumably, feel) should be able the same for each. The sleeves ship unattached and must be bolted on during assembly to lower the shipping costs (and even then, it was one of the biggest boxes I've ever gotten via UPS at 6' long and almost 2' x 2' on a side). The sleeves are deeply grooved (which I hate), and the bar itself is made of hollow tubing, while I think the original is solid steel. I think the main downside (aside from a lower weight limit because of the hollow tubing) is the lighter weight and the fact that the powder coat is slippery, so it can be challenging putting on plates if they have tight tolerances. The plates sometimes push the bar as I'm trying to get them on, which cause one side to dip and the whole thing goes lopsided until you rearrange it in the J-cups. But I'm getting better at doing it and if your plates have ample room, you'll be fine.

I have a low ceiling, and I wanted something that I could store upright. I like the bar, but the feel does take some getting used to. I think it's "lower" than my usual positioning with a straight bar. I do think they made a bad choice when they switched pads, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're forced to change back in the future.
    I agree with the statements above, the Marrs Bar is nice...but not without its pros and cons. The original one is solid steel and is 65 lbs while the "Higgy" version is 35 lbs, another con to the bar (especially the original) is storage for it. I went ahead and purchased Darko's bolt on gun rack style holder with liners (the double dock) bolted up higher with the Marrs yolk/handles facing outwards to potentially solve the storage problem and switch out bars inside the rack easier depending on whether it's upper, or lower day.

Thought I'd provide an update: Solid Bar Fitness replied the next day, and in the end, they sent me a replacement bar and had me ship the damaged one back. I think they were originally going to ship me an entire new bar, but since the sleeves bolt on separately, I told them to just send the "middle" portion of the bar, and I'd transfer my existing sleeves to the new one when it arrived. I got it this past Monday, and somehow managed to fit the return box (they provided the UPS return label) into my CR-V and dropped it off at a local UPS store Wednesday afternoon. I got a few "What the hell" looks from the employees as I wheeled in this giant box large enough to hold a small coffin, but the process was uneventful. I could have scheduled a pickup at my house but figured it would be easier if I didn't have to worry about being at home for a block of time waiting for UPS to arrive.

The new bar is fine. I think they may have sent me one of their demo bars, as the ends where the sleeves go had a lot of the paint worn away, but the padding was like new. Unfortunately, they no longer have any of the vinyl covers leftover from the original design (and like every safety squat bar uses), so it's unclear if the new padding will eventually crack like the old one did. The guy I talked to said he thinks they're exploring other options for the padding, so I wouldn't be surprised if they ultimately switch to something more durable in the future. But for now, I got a replacement at no additional cost (minus the pound of packing tape I used to ship the old one back), and the company was pleasant enough to deal with.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Glad to hear you got a replacement with minimal hassle. My original bar has the molded yolk and was one of the first to ship with it. That was back when they weren't removing the sleeves and freight was the only option. The packing job was chit and my yolk arrived with cracks. I assumed from the shipping, but now I'm not so sure. At the time, it was during Covid and a replacement would have taken months, so I filled the cracks with sealant and it's worked fine ever since. No new cracks that I've seen. Disappointing on such an expensive bar, but the functionality remains unmatched IMO.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

Thought I'd provide an update: Solid Bar Fitness replied the next day, and in the end, they sent me a replacement bar and had me ship the damaged one back. I think they were originally going to ship me an entire new bar, but since the sleeves bolt on separately, I told them to just send the "middle" portion of the bar, and I'd transfer my existing sleeves to the new one when it arrived. I got it this past Monday, and somehow managed to fit the return box (they provided the UPS return label) into my CR-V and dropped it off at a local UPS store Wednesday afternoon. I got a few "What the hell" looks from the employees as I wheeled in this giant box large enough to hold a small coffin, but the process was uneventful. I could have scheduled a pickup at my house but figured it would be easier if I didn't have to worry about being at home for a block of time waiting for UPS to arrive.

The new bar is fine. I think they may have sent me one of their demo bars, as the ends where the sleeves go had a lot of the paint worn away, but the padding was like new. Unfortunately, they no longer have any of the vinyl covers leftover from the original design (and like every safety squat bar uses), so it's unclear if the new padding will eventually crack like the old one did. The guy I talked to said he thinks they're exploring other options for the padding, so I wouldn't be surprised if they ultimately switch to something more durable in the future. But for now, I got a replacement at no additional cost (minus the pound of packing tape I used to ship the old one back), and the company was pleasant enough to deal with.
    This is good news brother that they made things right for you and rightfully so since this bar is anything but cheap, also would be nice if they honor to previous buyers the new and improved yolk padding they eventually come up with.

Another update: 6 months later the padding on the replacement bar split in the same place. Either I'm particularly unlucky, or I have strangely sharp traps.

It should go without saying I would not recommend this bar until they change their padding to something more durable.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Another update: 6 months later the padding on the replacement bar split in the same place. Either I'm particularly unlucky, or I have strangely sharp traps.

It should go without saying I would not recommend this bar until they change their padding to something more durable.
    I want a marrs bar but not if it has this issue 😥
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    I want a marrs bar but not if it has this issue 😥
    I'd buy it again even knowing it has this issue. I have the 65 lb version. Haven't tried the lighter one.

matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd buy it again even knowing it has this issue. I have the 65 lb version. Haven't tried the lighter one.
    Is the issue on their new snap on pad? Not a fan they call it like getting new tires for your car. There is really no way the pad should wear out lol

Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    Is the issue on their new snap on pad? Not a fan they call it like getting new tires for your car. There is really no way the pad should wear out lol
    It's an interesting comparison, but I don't usually replace my tires twice a year.

The snap-on pad is made of the same material, so it'll have the same problem. And it's not so much wearing out as it's just not designed to be used this way. It's not deformed or flaking off. When you take it out of the rack, the whole thing sinks into your traps, which stretches the surface, and if you apply enough pressure over time it'll eventually tear. My traps are a bit lopsided with my left higher than the right, so it's probably applying more stress to the material on that side. I've been particularly careful with the replacement they sent me back in October, and always make sure everything is firmly seated and not going to move before I lift the bar out of the rack. That's still apparently not enough.

At some point I'll probably cut off the foam on that side (or both, if the right one goes bad) and try to replace it with a more traditional safety-squat pad with a vinyl cover. For now I'm using black duct-tape which might give me another few months before more drastic action is needed.

Can you post pics? I'm having trouble visualizing what's happened to your bar. Sorry if you already did and I missed them.

It's an interesting comparison, but I don't usually replace my tires twice a year.

The snap-on pad is made of the same material, so it'll have the same problem. And it's not so much wearing out as it's just not designed to be used this way. It's not deformed or flaking off. When you take it out of the rack, the whole thing sinks into your traps, which stretches the surface, and if you apply enough pressure over time it'll eventually tear. My traps are a bit lopsided with my left higher than the right, so it's probably applying more stress to the material on that side. I've been particularly careful with the replacement they sent me back in October, and always make sure everything is firmly seated and not going to move before I lift the bar out of the rack. That's still apparently not enough.

At some point I'll probably cut off the foam on that side (or both, if the right one goes bad) and try to replace it with a more traditional safety-squat pad with a vinyl cover. For now I'm using black duct-tape which might give me another few months before more drastic action is needed.
    Thats a bummer. As expensive as it is doesnt sound like a good buy for the money. I hope they can fix it soon but i am not hopeful

Can you post pics? I'm having trouble visualizing what's happened to your bar. Sorry if you already did and I missed them.
    Here's a pic from the first bar. It's the portion that rests on your traps where most of the downward force is. The new tear is more or less in the same place but is less severe since it just happened this week. Once it splits, it tears a little more with each use and gradually gets deeper until I'll probably eventually hit metal when I unrack it. I'm hoping the tape holds things together for a while.

Originally Posted by matrix563
    Thats a bummer. As expensive as it is doesnt sound like a good buy for the money. I hope they can fix it soon but i am not hopeful
    The original padding with cover--the kind that every other padded bar on the market uses--was probably fine. But it was also expensive and a pain in the ass for the manufacturer to get on, so they switched to this which is a lot of convenient for them. Unless they start getting a lot of complaints . . .
    Attached Images

Thanks for the pic. Have you considered filling the crack with sealant? I'd use that instead of duct tape - or perhaps both. I wonder if they used less dense foam for the lighter bar. Not a good call on their part, but maybe this issue is happening with the heavy bar too. Mine hasn't cracked like that but maybe my earlier version has denser foam or I don't lift heavy enough.

Thanks for the pic. Have you considered filling the crack with sealant? I'd use that instead of duct tape - or perhaps both. I wonder if they used less dense foam for the lighter bar. Not a good call on their part, but maybe this issue is happening with the heavy bar too. Mine hasn't cracked like that but maybe my earlier version has denser foam or I don't lift heavy enough.
    I'm not sure what kind of sealant I'd use. Once you rack the bar everything springs back together again, so there's not much of a gap. It's when you unrack it with weight that it spreads open and will presumably tear further over time (like my last one did).

I would think they're using the same foam, though having never tried out the heavier version I don't know. They don't list the 2.0 (lighter) version on their site anymore, although Rogue still sells it. I don't know if that's leftover stock or they are still making them.

Mine came with a crack in a non-load bearing spot and they recommended black flex seal glue. Worked fine. I'd give it or a similar product a shot.

https://a.co/d/hrc3Wq1