WtF.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WtF.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WtF.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Biceps/tricep workout... which to work first

I work them out together..

would you suggest burning out the larger muscle "tricep" and finishing with the bicep..

Would you cycle from bicep to tricep and then bicep again and then tricep..

or would you do biceps first till finished and then do triceps..

Thanks

WtF.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WtF.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WtF.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wtfisupjoe View Post
    Makes no difference.

p.s. I find your username offensive.
    ahahah sorry bro.. didnt mean to offend you heheh

I heard its better to exhaust your larger muscle first and then go to your smaller.. so triceps and then biceps.. just trying to get a lil more insight on it.. its bicep and tricep day so im just wondering if i should continue to do triceps first and then biceps or find some new advice and switch it up starting today .

JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do the same. I do chest, tris and bis all in one day. I do chest first, then tris, then bis. I find workin my tris doesnt effect my bis at all.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I generally superset antagonistic muscle groups together, but not always.

ex. Bench press(triceps) supersetted with bent over barbell rows(back, but also biceps) with 60 second rest between each.

bench
    60 sec
    row
    60 sec
    bench
    etc.

Do the same for dips and hammer curls if you'd like.

Also, doing straight sets would work, but they tire me out too quickly impairing my workout.

Good luck!
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WtF.com View Post

would you suggest burning out the larger muscle "tricep" and finishing with the bicep..

Thanks
    I would do Bicep-Tricep-Bicep-Tricep etc.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

writes scary stories I_love_crows's Avatar
    I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000) I_love_crows is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    I would do Bicep-Tricep-Bicep-Tricep etc.
    On my bi/tri days, that is usually my method.

Biceps set then tricep superset.
    OUTLAW split:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1830521

Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MikeyTheCrow

li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do one set of biceps followed by a compound set of triceps (two movements), which ends up being three total sets. Then do it again. Then again.
    Then switch to a different bicep movement and one tricep movement. Then do a superset of these two movements. Repeat, and repeat again.

Ends up being a total of 6 sets of biceps and 9 for triceps. I do more for triceps because they are a weaker point for me. Plus right now I can barely do biceps and thus have to focus less on them.
    Stimulate, don't annihilate.
    My torn bicep tendon adds to my appearance, really...it does.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    id do triceps first... no major difference as one shouldnt effect the others strength, but u generally wanna be fresher for the stronger lifts first, which will be your tri's as they are trice the size of your bicep
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

ReppinDaUSA will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReppinDaUSA will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReppinDaUSA will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReppinDaUSA will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReppinDaUSA will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReppinDaUSA will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReppinDaUSA will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReppinDaUSA will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReppinDaUSA will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReppinDaUSA will become famous soon enough. (+50) ReppinDaUSA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WtF.com View Post

Thanks
    What I believe would be beneficial would to alternate them in a session. So for session 1 work your bicep followed by tricep and alternate until done. Then for session 2 start off with your tricep. Also you may have noticed that if you stretch your tricep and do a bicep lift you can usually lift slightly heavier weight, same for you stretch bicep and then do a tricep.

Might want to give that try.

user17220944 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user17220944 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user17220944 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user17220944 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user17220944 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user17220944 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user17220944 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user17220944 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user17220944 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user17220944 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user17220944 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i do tricep first because I usually need less energy to work biceps even for a good workout. my triceps were lagging though and that's why i hit them hard and am now seeing good results. hope that helps

Tough as grits,carb CRAZY Train Hard's Avatar
    Train Hard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Train Hard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is no better way to do this. It is all personal preference.

I used to do Chest / Tricep and Back / Bicep

You can do Tricep first or bicep. Its what you find works best for you. Like I said personal preference. No two body is the same therefore no 2 technique will result in the same gains for the persons.

Lift Big, Lift Strong
    -JUST DO CARDIO!!!
    -Bodybuilding is not a hobbie, its a lifestyle

FEEL THE BURN!!!! FEEL IT pr_muscle's Avatar
    pr_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    switch em up one workout start out with bi then next workout start with tri
    PRs best bodybuilder (yeah right hehehe)