FattyMcGhee is on a distinguished road. (+10)

4 Sequential day split routine

Here's my situation:
    I'm 46 years old, male, 65 lbs overweight- gained in the last 13 months. I work four 13 hour shifts, then get 4 days off.

My diet is based on macros. My supplements are fiber, fish oil, and multivitamins. ZMA and ****Rest at bed time. I'll have TRT prescription soon and will likely get peptides with it.

On my work days I can use the minimal equipment at my apartment. I'm thinking cardio, stretching, abs. Just 30-45 minutes so I can still get a full nights rest.

I'm looking for a muscle building routine to use while dieting. It needs to be 4 days in a row, because I can only go to the gym on non-work days. I'll go to a gym in the middle of the night, so I'll have access to all equipment. So far I only see 4 days split over 5, nothing sequential, but I was leaning towards removing the rest day and just compressing it.

For example, can I do this routine:
    Day 1 - Back and Biceps
    Day 2 - Chest and Triceps

Day 3 - Quads, Hamstrings and Calves
    Day 4 - Shoulders, Traps and Forearms

I removed the rest day, but since it goes from chest to legs it should be okay right?

Any tips on setting up a 4 sequential day routine?
    Last edited by FattyMcGhee; 10-10-2022 at 02:46 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    upper/lower/upper/lower

You can make the first upper day have a chest/pullup emphasis and the second have a shoulder/rowing emphasis for example.

Same with the lower days. First can have a quad emphasis and the second a posterior chain emphasis.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not to nitpick but why take all those supplements?

Do you have RA or high triglycerides? If not I’d drop the fish oil (unless actually prescribed by a doctor). Eat more nuts, oats and whole grains instead. You probably won’t need fiber supplements if you do that.

Do you have a legit magnesium or zinc deficiency (your body stores about 25 grams/2 grams of each, respectively) if not, I’d drop the ZMA with the quickness.

Same goes for a multivitamin. Do you have a deficiency in any micronutrient as determined by a reliable lab test? If not save your money.

Make simple diet changes. Whole grain or wheat over refined white breads and pastas. Lean meats over fatty ones (most of the time). Add some Greek yogurt a few times a week if you don’t already. Cut out sugary drinks (don’t drink your calories). Eat at least 6-8 servings of fruits and veggies a day.

*none of this constitutes medical advice
    Last edited by BeginnerGainz; 10-10-2022 at 07:01 AM.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Gaining 65 lbs over 13 months plus sleep issues sounds like you may have some pretty serious stressors in your life. Are you dealing with whatever underlying factors have led to your downturn in health?

If the weather permits, I would suggest getting outside and walking on your work days. If you can walk up some hills, even better.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks fine if you prefer a bro-ish split setup, but the details will matter.

If you're looking to lose 65 lbs, it may not be worth doing direct trap & forearm work right now if you pick your other exercises well.

[QUOTE=BeginnerGainz;1669229463]Not to nitpick but why take all those supplements?

Do you have RA or high triglycerides? If not I’d drop the fish oil (unless actually prescribed by a doctor). Eat more nuts, oats and whole grains instead. You probably won’t need fiber supplements if you do that.

Do you have a legit magnesium or zinc deficiency (your body stores about 25 grams/2 grams of each, respectively) if not, I’d drop the ZMA with the quickness.

Same goes for a multivitamin. Do you have a deficiency in any micronutrient as determined by a reliable lab test? If not save your money.

Make simple diet changes. Whole grain or wheat over refined white breads and pastas. Lean meats over fatty ones (most of the time). Add some Greek yogurt a few times a week if you don’t already. Cut out sugary drinks (don’t drink your calories). Eat at least 6-8 servings of fruits and veggies a day.

*none of this constitutes medical advice[/QUOTEI

I take multivitamins because I tend to get a weird hand cramp when I stop. Docs can't explain it, but the vitamin is a cheap fix. ZMA is for sleep, since I work nights and sleep 9am-4:40pm daily it helps a lot. Fish oil is out of habit and for the hope it's beneficial to skin or joints.

Fiber is an appetite suppressant. Plus I like the taste of the orange drinks. So I kill 3 birds with one stone, added water/low calorie drink, appetite suppressant, and added fiber to hit 30g a day.

Mostly I eat chicken, vegetables, and get fats from nuts, avocado, sour cream. Marinades & coffee mixers add carbs.

Diet isn't my concern so much as how to do a 4 day routine. In the past I always did 5 or 6 day routines. But that won't fly with my schedule now.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Gaining 65 lbs over 13 months plus sleep issues sounds like you may have some pretty serious stressors in your life. Are you dealing with whatever underlying factors have led to your downturn in health?
    It's mostly sorted out, returning to fitness is the last step. Before I walked tons, ate loads of seafood, had a home gym and lifted daily. Then I moved and had none of that, but I've established a good new routine with new job, and now just have to add in exercise to return to my prior shape. I figure 7 months I'll reach my goal.