nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Diarrhea on low fat diet and weight loss?

On a couple of occasions in life I have experienced watery diarrhea on low fat diet and losing weight. Introducing some fat into the diet and increasing body weight a little have cured the diarrhea.

I am just "ordinary" and even though my diets and moderate exercise were serious, I don't come close to bodybuilders. So I take the chance to ask here. I find no strong support for this problem by searching the Internet.

Do bodybuilders ever see watery diarrhea on low fat diet and weight loss? If so, what is the cause of this?
    Last edited by nofaking; 10-09-2022 at 01:00 PM.

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I stand corrected

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think they re-ingest it to make sure they don’t miss out on gains from the calories they’ve already eaten.

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nofaking View Post
    On a couple of occasions in life I have experienced watery diarrhea on low fat diet and losing weight. Introducing some fat into the diet and increasing body weight a little have cured the diarrhea.

I am just "ordinary" and even though my diets and moderate exercise were serious, I don't come close to bodybuilders. So I take the chance to ask here. I find no strong support for this problem by searching the Internet.

Do bodybuilders ever see watery diarrhea on low fat diet and weight loss? If so, what is the cause of this?
    I've never heard of this. However, I will say a low fat diet is never a good idea. Read the calculating calories and macros sticky.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If it only happened once, it could be a coincidence and you had a virus or mild food poisoning.

If it happens repeatedly, there must be some other thing you change in your diet when going from higher to lower fat. Which foods do you change? Try eliminating those.

nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10) nofaking is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If it only happened once, it could be a coincidence and you had a virus or mild food poisoning.

If it happens repeatedly, there must be some other thing you change in your diet when going from higher to lower fat. Which foods do you change? Try eliminating those.
    It has happened twice. It lasted much longer time than food poisoning. Also no nausea. Many years ago it was "that era" of low cal like chicken tuna cod and rice. This time it was just general low fat when diarrhea disappeared on adding a little cheese, veg. margarine etc.
    Diarrhea might have been due too much salad/lettuce/tomatoes/raw vegetables that I add to the low fat diet.

The first occasion was pretty strict diet and also came with edema in the lower legs. Several doctors looked at it but with no final verdict on the cause. All became OK on increasing calories. (Bile acids might be involved.)
    Last edited by nofaking; 10-10-2022 at 01:49 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It sounds like a medical issue so I would just go with whatever the doctors say - I assume you've told them about the diarrhea.

It can take time for your gut biome to adjust to unaccustomed foods - for example if you had a lower fibre diet before and greatly increased it by adding the vegetables. Perhaps try adding things slowly and one food at a time. There is no special reason to make your diet low in fat unless you've been told to do so by a doctor.