Nasimdk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Daily protein intake -

Hey guys,

I’m supposed to get in 220 grams of protein in each day. I haven’t been to the gym for 2 days due to illness. If I go in the evening today, should I get in most of my protein before my workout? Or does it only matter after the deed has been done? Can your body utilize the protein you’ve consumed pre-workout?

Thanks in advance!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's unlikely that you really need that amount.

The maximum protein that has been shown to make an improvement in research is 1.6 grams per kg of LEAN body mass.

You could be well under this and still be making good progress. Also, most people over estimate their lean body mass because they have more fat than they think.

In reality an average adult male would be perfectly fine weight training on about 130-150g of protein per day.

The timing of when you get your protein is not that important, if you've been ill just resume normal levels of intake as soon as you can stomach it.

Nasimdk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It's unlikely that you really need that amount.

The maximum protein that has been shown to make an improvement in research is 1.6 grams per kg of LEAN body mass.

You could be well under this and still be making good progress. Also, most people over estimate their lean body mass because they have more fat than they think.

In reality an average adult male would be perfectly fine weight training on about 130-150g of protein per day.

The timing of when you get your protein is not that important, if you've been ill just resume normal levels of intake as soon as you can stomach it.
    aah okay thanks man i appreciate it! 😁