tracemaster is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do i strengthen my wrists?

To start with I have not ever done any kind of strength training before so please keep it fairly simple. I move a lot of appliances outdoor equipment etc. and am quite strong when it comes to that, the only problem is my wrists I have noticed are quite weak in comparison to everything else so I am looking for some exercises to strengthen them, I've done wrist curls and reverse wrist curls but feel I'm doing something wrong cause with 25 pound dumbbells (way less than most things I move weigh) 10 reps and my wrists are completely done for the day they aren't even burning or anything they just lose all their strength and one time i even felt a sharp pain on the 9th rep. So any advice would be great. By the way my grip strength is fine, its just my wrists.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tracemaster View Post
    To start with I have not ever done any kind of strength training
    Lift weights.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I move fridges, stoves, washers, dryers and furniture. See sig. I'm a feeble little old man as you can see in my avatar. Find the right angle and push/pull away, sort of like you do with a lady.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparro
    TolerntLacoe: Oposum
    Faithbra: Opossu
    SuicideGripMe: Falco
    MTpocket: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wease
    Stefo9: Fert
    Camarja: Raccon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Paulinanas: Coyot
    Sails: Wlf

tracemaster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I move fridges, stoves, washers, dryers and furniture. See sig. I'm a feeble little old man as you can see in my avatar. Find the right angle and push/pull away, sort of like you do with a lady.
    I can't see much of anything in your avatar actually. Fair enough getting the right angle is helpful but not always possible (especially when your doing a 2 man carry) So i still want to strengthen my wrists but wish to do so in a safe and effective way (as i mentioned i feel like I'm doing something wrong).

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They sell cheap gripper things on Amazon. They actually do improve my grip, but I'm sure deadlifting and chins help a lot too. But the other things making sure you grip it right. With appliances and furniture the angles matter more than strength.

Seriously you can move anything if you are smart about it.

Channel83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Channel83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Channel83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Channel83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Channel83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Channel83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Channel83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Channel83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Channel83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Channel83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Channel83 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Build time up in upper body support position on bars & top of push up position.
    Stretch / put pressure on wrists in the opposite direction, to prevent imbalances.
    Hard area to strengthen specifically, just comes indirectly (or not at all) with lifting weight etc over time, like guy above says.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just do a whole bunch of different types of loaded carries.

togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by tracemaster View Post
    To start with I have not ever done any kind of strength training before so please keep it fairly simple. I move a lot of appliances outdoor equipment etc. and am quite strong when it comes to that, the only problem is my wrists I have noticed are quite weak in comparison to everything else so I am looking for some exercises to strengthen them, I've done wrist curls and reverse wrist curls but feel I'm doing something wrong cause with 25 pound dumbbells (way less than most things I move weigh) 10 reps and my wrists are completely done for the day they aren't even burning or anything they just lose all their strength and one time i even felt a sharp pain on the 9th rep. So any advice would be great. By the way my grip strength is fine, its just my wrists.
    Dumbbell wrist curls may help