Wrestler85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking PUSH UPS AND SIT UPS WORKOUT (while watchin tv)

My goals are to get endurance, tone and decrease body fat, And get some strength. I cant afford to go to a gym right now.. sad i know. but im doin this home workout i came up with. I watch TV shows, and every commericial i would do push-ups or sit-ups nonstop. I alternate every commercial. Im tryin to total 1000 pushups and 1000 sit ups a day. I alternate pull-ups and chin-ups every day.. but only do like 30. I also run a few miles every other day. Im tryin to get in shape for boot camp army reserves comin up this summer and i want alot of endurance u know. Whats everyones opinion on this?
    BRAKE AND PRESS!

musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool

Running is a must if you are going to increase your endurance. Also try to alternate your workouts and in each one try and do a little more than the last one. I doubt 1000 sit ups will be beneficial to you if you do them every day. Your body MUST have time to recover and repair itself from workout to workout. A good Routine might look like this:

Monday: Chin Ups, Jogging
    Tuesday: Push ups, sit ups
    Wednesday: Chin Ups, Jogging
    Thursday: Push ups, sit ups
    Friday: Chin Ups, Jogging
    Saturday: Push ups, sit ups
    Sunday: rest

I would recommend you buy a simple set of dumbbells so you can perform some basic exercises to further develop your strength.

TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    for abs you can also do reverse crunches, leg raises, twisting crunches, and such
    also chin ups would be very good (find a tree branch or something)
    also do lots of variations for pushups like wide grip, diamond, nosebreakers, having your fingers pointing away from your body, etc.
    as for the cardio apart from jogging get a jump rope i know it may sound cheesy but that son of ***** works!!!
    "We slept in trenches under the tanks until we were awakened each morning at six. But I had another idea—my buddy and I would get up at five, open the tool compartment of the tanks where we stored our barbells, and exercise for an hour before everyone else woke up. After we finished maneuvers for the day, we would train for another hour. Finding the time for your workouts is simply a matter of motivation plus imagination."

"Normal people can be happy with a regular life. I was different. I felt that there was more to life than just plodding through an average existence.... I had it tougher than a lot of my companions because I wanted more, I demanded more. I was hungrier for success than anyone I knew."

"I lived by the training program. I was always master of writing out the programs. I knew that as soon as I put it down, the last thing I wanted to do was disappoint myself. I knew that I had to look in the mirror every day, and I could not look in the mirror and say, 'You know something? You're a ****ing loser. You cannot do the kind of sets and exercises that you write down.' I didn't want to face that."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wtf
    good luck doing the chins all week

i do 3 sets to failure and my lats are sore for the next 5 days...and then they grow
    why do them so often for??
    "If it helps them to justify why I am a pro and they are not, they will believe that I walk around with a blatter pack of test on an I.V. drip all day long" - Lee Priest

slydeflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can also obtain a device called powerpushup 2, which is sold through lifeline.com. This device adds resistance to your pushups which makes them more effective. It really works.

HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wrestler85,

Even though you are not performing any weighted exercises, it is still possible to overtrain you target musculature by performing 1000's of push ups, sit ups and chins daily. I know that the army has spefcific endurance targets for these exercices ( I think it was 100 sit ups in under 3 mins when I thought about joining up, amongst other things) but it is not neccassary to perfom these exercises every day in order to reach your goals.

This programme takes a more conservative approach to your training:

MONDAY: Push ups, sit ups & chins
    TUESDAY: Jogging
    WEDNESDAY: Rest
    THURSDAY: Jogging
    FRIDAY: Push ups, sit ups & chins
    SATURDAY: Rest
    SUNDAY: Rest

Here you are supplying yourself with plenty of rest between strength building sessions and cardio sessions for adequate recovery. With this frequency of training you will probably make quicker and more consistent progression than if you trained everyday, but thats an individual matter.

Hope this helps.

Peace
    My progress goes up and down more frequently than a whore at work, but I still love to lift.

TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheFutureOak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    also if you want to add weight to your push ups but havent purchased anything just put your feet up on a chair
    "We slept in trenches under the tanks until we were awakened each morning at six. But I had another idea—my buddy and I would get up at five, open the tool compartment of the tanks where we stored our barbells, and exercise for an hour before everyone else woke up. After we finished maneuvers for the day, we would train for another hour. Finding the time for your workouts is simply a matter of motivation plus imagination."

"Normal people can be happy with a regular life. I was different. I felt that there was more to life than just plodding through an average existence.... I had it tougher than a lot of my companions because I wanted more, I demanded more. I was hungrier for success than anyone I knew."

"I lived by the training program. I was always master of writing out the programs. I knew that as soon as I put it down, the last thing I wanted to do was disappoint myself. I knew that I had to look in the mirror every day, and I could not look in the mirror and say, 'You know something? You're a ****ing loser. You cannot do the kind of sets and exercises that you write down.' I didn't want to face that."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    TheFutureOak, putting your legs up on a chair would be making it a completely different exersize. Depending on how tall the chair is, it will target the shoulders more than the chest.

well i was assuming he was gonna pick a fairly low chair and your shoulders are involved in all benching movements and the greater the incline the more they are involved so you are right also you can do dips you have 2 sturdy chairs which i think are a very underrated movement

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool

Or he could just change his hand position from set to set and even try one arms puch ups and one arm chins.

JACKYOUUP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JACKYOUUP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JACKYOUUP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JACKYOUUP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JACKYOUUP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JACKYOUUP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JACKYOUUP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JACKYOUUP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bump
    If it dont kill you.. it only makes you stronger

HyperStyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) HyperStyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) HyperStyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) HyperStyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) HyperStyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) HyperStyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) HyperStyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) HyperStyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) HyperStyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) HyperStyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) HyperStyle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1000? lol u must be watching a lot of tv =]

IKIKURAS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: PUSH UPS AND SIT UPS WORKOUT (while watchin tv)

Originally posted by Wrestler85
    My goals are to get endurance, tone and decrease body fat, And get some strength. I cant afford to go to a gym right now.. sad i know. but im doin this home workout i came up with. I watch TV shows, and every commericial i would do push-ups or sit-ups nonstop. I alternate every commercial. Im tryin to total 1000 pushups and 1000 sit ups a day. I alternate pull-ups and chin-ups every day.. but only do like 30. I also run a few miles every other day. Im tryin to get in shape for boot camp army reserves comin up this summer and i want alot of endurance u know. Whats everyones opinion on this?
    when and where you going to boot camp? im in the army national guard and going to ft. jackson july 8...
    5'5" - 130lbs

Riotchild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Im currently in Navy 4 months out from taking SEALs challenge. currently for a workout i do the following.

m/t/th/fri/sat - run 6 miles at 7min pace.

m/w/f - 25 sets of 25 pushups, 25 sets of 30 situps, 10 sets of 12 pullups, 20 sets of 20 dips. do this nonstop, pushups/situps/pullups/dips with no rest between.

m/t/w/th/fri/sat - Swim 90 mins straight with fins or if u dont feel like using fins 60 mins straight without. i do laps on pool at club but using a river/lake/ocean will work also.

do about 10-15 mins stretching everyday before your workout and a nice 30 mins stretching session on sunday to keep ur body from gettin stiff your day off.

between run/excersice's and swimming normaly take about a 10-15 min break to relax and gain endurance.

you dont need a gym to do this. it can all be done from high school track/lake/livingroom. pullups may be difficult but if u got a tree with a low branch that will work. i use a dip machine for maximum effect but you could just use a table or somthing and do assisted dips.

GL with the army i server 4 years as a ranger but after i completed college and decided to become a officer i felt the SEALs would be a greater challenge and more benificial to my career.

mfonta1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very impressove Riot. Thank you for the work you do for us. I've always had that thought in the back of my mind about joining the military and going special forces because I love physical challenges like that, but I guess the thing that holds me back is that whole bullet and death thing. Thank you for everything you do man. One more thing which I'm sure you know, SEALS is mind over body. You gotta believe you can do it. You might want to get someone to push you on some workouts, yell type thing. You can never push yourself as hard as someone else can. Good luck

EVANESCENCE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    find a tree branch to do some chin ups?

That is hiliarious. I am going to call you wonder boy now.
    maybe you can find some 50lb stones to do shoulder presses with.
    There's a difference between, knowing the path,.. and walking the path.

Violators will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

ryan3981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

dam

i know this is years after you posted this but dam if you could do all that like its typed thats incredibly impressive. i just joined army and leave for basic in april and am trying to get ready for it. then i get wrist tendonitis though so i gonna have fun in basic lol

Originally Posted by Riotchild View Post
    Im currently in Navy 4 months out from taking SEALs challenge. currently for a workout i do the following.

m/t/th/fri/sat - run 6 miles at 7min pace.

m/w/f - 25 sets of 25 pushups, 25 sets of 30 situps, 10 sets of 12 pullups, 20 sets of 20 dips. do this nonstop, pushups/situps/pullups/dips with no rest between.

m/t/w/th/fri/sat - Swim 90 mins straight with fins or if u dont feel like using fins 60 mins straight without. i do laps on pool at club but using a river/lake/ocean will work also.

do about 10-15 mins stretching everyday before your workout and a nice 30 mins stretching session on sunday to keep ur body from gettin stiff your day off.

between run/excersice's and swimming normaly take about a 10-15 min break to relax and gain endurance.

you dont need a gym to do this. it can all be done from high school track/lake/livingroom. pullups may be difficult but if u got a tree with a low branch that will work. i use a dip machine for maximum effect but you could just use a table or somthing and do assisted dips.

GL with the army i server 4 years as a ranger but after i completed college and decided to become a officer i felt the SEALs would be a greater challenge and more benificial to my career.