Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "Troops returning from Afghanistan and Iraq suffered from lethal respiratory illnesses and rare cancers after breathing the fumes, but were often denied coverage or faced protracted, costly legal fights in order to prove their eligibility.

Joe Kauffman, a Marine veteran, also wants more support for veterans who inhaled deadly smoke on foreign bases until the mid-2010s. Some *****80 percent of disability claims linked to burn pits were rejected by the Veterans Administration***."

80% rejection rate, can you imagine if your health insurance company did that to you?
    Chemo and Radiation as well as Mri's and other scans are not cheap.
    Last edited by x-trainer ben; 08-02-2022 at 04:48 PM.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NotJtbny View Post

JS gets zero benefit here and has been an advocate for vets and first responders since 9/11 but ya fuk the guy trying to do good. Wow.

The rest of your comment is a rant that has zerofuking nothing to do with this particular bill.

Good news is it looks like the bill will pass tonight after the thrashing the 24 that changed their vote to "own the libs" are receiving from all sides. Good.

Yea, I just have not liked him for years as like most of Hollywood, he walked lock step with every democrat talking point. I will give him one prop that he actually questioned the origin of COVID (but hard to tell if it was part of his 'act' or a genuine thought). Not my type of guy and not much respect for him. He may do good things for certain groups, but that does not make me like him.

As for your comment, "The rest of your comment is a rant that has zerofuking nothing to do with this particular bill.", sorry man, I cant separate things. Hard for me not to think 'big picture'. To me, very little exists in singularity. The sticking points of this bill were not issues of singularity either, but rather a larger issue in Washington.

In my opinion, we cant afford to just keep going on and say, 'well, we will change that next time, but we have to get this passed'. Someone has to be brave enough to make the stand and the changes have to be made. Issues like opening additional holes in discretionary spending are important ones. Ones that BOTH sides need to fix. Unfortunately most dont look past the 1 line headlines.

I think we should all just keep spending... why not. We should get to spend more than we make just like the federal govt. When we are short, we should just print more money. Screw taking a hard look at how money is allocated. That is not the important part. We need to pass this bill!
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yup keep doubling down on your ignorance - clown.

The same exact bill was voted a yes last month minus one line. That change had to be made or else the bill would have been unconstitional due to procedure. You are parroting Toomey and he has lied the entire time. The entire bill is for vets healthcare ONLY but you're so blinded by "left bad" you couldn't care less to look for the actual truth.

Ya you're right it is sick and here you are defending it. Feel free to post some bible verse in your future idiotic reply to show how much better you think you are while your actions here prove you're nothing more than a Christian in name only.

JS gets zero benefit here and has been an advocate for vets and first responders since 9/11 but ya fuk the guy trying to do good. Wow.

The rest of your comment is a rant that has zerofuking nothing to do with this particular bill.

Good news is it looks like the bill will pass tonight after the thrashing the 24 that changed their vote to "own the libs" are receiving from all sides. Good.
    Never mentioned anything about the Bible , and your actions indicate you’re a nasty piece of work with a big mouth, arrogant & self righteous, at times no different than me, and if I may say anytime you want to talk about faith, by all means !

I’ve never claimed to be perfect, lots of faults and character defects many of which I admit to, who I believe and attempt to follow, is however, another discussion though . What’s your excuse

Truthfully nothing I say will change what you think, we’re better off not talking to each other you go your way & I’ll go mine, no harm no foul, I wish you well in life
    Last edited by thomashenry; 08-02-2022 at 05:40 PM.
    John 4:20

Romans 12 :2

Ephesiens 6:13

"The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom shall I take refuge"

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    I knew the truth would eventually surface.

The Republicans were actually getting ready to approve the bill...

....until Democrats pulled a last minute 'blank check' financial trick to the tune of $400 billion, which GOP lawmakers refused to sign off on.

Guys. When are we all gonna learn?

Hollyweirdos and politicans don't give a $hit about our troops.
    This is exactly what happened.

I am someone who would benefit directly from the PACT Act due to my service and some medical issues I currently have.

However, once again a political group is trying to squeeze unrelated nonsense into another bill hoping it slides under the radar.

Last edited by GrouchyUSMC; 08-02-2022 at 08:11 PM.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post

I am someone who would benefit directly from the PACT Act due to my service and some medical issues I currently have.

However, once again a political group is trying to squeeze unrelated nonsense into another bill hoping it slides under the radar.

I have vet friends IRL who suffer physically and mentally. Very few understand what you go through, Marine.

You guys (meaning injured vets) are nothing but pawns in the eyes of politicians. Statists on both sides pretend they give a $hit. They don't understand. The military only makes up 1% of the population. The wannabe "I understand fake ass crew" cannot possibly understand.

They have absolutely no clue how corrupt gubmint really is. And they have no idea what you go through.

Semper Fi.

In the end, it's all about wealth transfer via the continuous expansion of fiat. But gubmint nuthuggers cannot see this, either.

Let the empire collapse.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have vet friends IRL who suffer physically and mentally. Very few understand what you go through, Marine.

You guys (meaning injured vets) are nothing but pawns in the eyes of politicians. Statists on both sides pretend they give a $hit. They don't understand. The military only makes up 1% of the population. The wannabe "I understand fake ass crew" cannot possibly understand.

They have absolutely no clue how corrupt gubmint really is. And they have no idea what you go through.

Semper Fi.

In the end, it's all about wealth transfer via the continuous expansion of fiat. But gubmint nuthuggers cannot see this, either.

Let the empire collapse.
    Much appreciated, NG.

It passed last night due to "pressure"

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/02/11153...-passes-senate

86 yes
    11 no

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    It passed last night due to "pressure"

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/02/11153...-passes-senate

86 yes
    11 no

Good News for sure

Jon Stewart on Senate passage of the PACT Act to help veterans exposed to toxic burn pits:

"I'm not sure I've ever seen a situation where people who have already given so much had to fight so hard to get so little.”

Kudos to Jon Stewart and everyone else who spoke out and fought against these Jack Offs .

Great Job!
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you’re not down with helping our vets then you should be shipped to North Korea to live out the rest of your days.
    I love eggs.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Redfish225 View Post
    If you’re not down with helping our vets then you should be shipped to North Korea to live out the rest of your days.

100% Spot on Red...

I'll even help with the ticket

On Spread with you

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "Troops returning from Afghanistan and Iraq suffered from lethal respiratory illnesses and rare cancers after breathing the fumes, but were often denied coverage or faced protracted, costly legal fights in order to prove their eligibility.

Joe Kauffman, a Marine veteran, also wants more support for veterans who inhaled deadly smoke on foreign bases until the mid-2010s. Some *****80 percent of disability claims linked to burn pits were rejected by the Veterans Administration***."

80% rejection rate, can you imagine if your health insurance company did that to you?
    Chemo and Radiation as well as Mri's and other scans are not cheap.
    So, I'm curious. How many vets does this effect? 80% equals how many vets?
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post

No - its not.

-------------------------------------

I'm super surprised at the level of ignorance on display here now.

Please show the pork added, please. The change in language had to be to done and the same exact bill was passed in June that was voted no in July that passed last night. The. Same. Bill.

FFS...I know this board has gone off the rails into deep rightwing nonsenseville but THIS bill right here was about above board as any bill we will see. But ya lets keep "one siding" this. And LOL at even using Toomey as a source. Really? The same dude called out for lying this entire time? Hes the source?????
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Still don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things and roll consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000) NotJtbny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by thomashenry View Post
    Never mentioned anything about the Bible , and your actions indicate you’re a nasty piece of work with a big mouth, arrogant & self righteous, at times no different than me, and if I may say anytime you want to talk about faith, by all means !

I’ve never claimed to be perfect, lots of faults and character defects many of which I admit to, who I believe and attempt to follow, is however, another discussion though . What’s your excuse

Truthfully nothing I say will change what you think, we’re better off not talking to each other you go your way & I’ll go mine, no harm no foul, I wish you well in life
    Its been your MO here; using religion as a sword and shield on just about every issue.

Good idea. I'm sure you'll be happier in your echo chamber anyway.
    ☻/
    /▌

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things and roll consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

No - its not.

Please show the pork added, please. The change in language had to be to done and the same exact bill was passed in June that was voted no in July that passed last night. The. Same. Bill.

FFS...I know this board has gone off the rails into deep rightwing nonsenseville but THIS bill right here was about above board as any bill we will see. But ya lets keep "one siding" this. And LOL at even using Toomey as a source. Really? The same dude called out for lying this entire time? Hes the source?????

Originally Posted by litljay View Post
    So, I'm curious. How many vets does this effect? 80% equals how many vets?
    Sounds like a great question for the VA.
    Let me know what you find out.
    Customer service: 1 (800) 698-2411

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is a dangerous statist mindset.

This is how we ended up killing millions of innocent brown people in the Middle East for democracy. I mean for oil.

Just because someone questions gubmint it doesn’t mean they’re anti vets.

I’m the most pro vet mudda fukka you will ever meet. But I’m also anti tyranny and anti corruption. And I’m not braindead. Cuz I know their playbook.

For me to blindly say “okay let’s support the vets” without looking into the real intent behind the scene is going full retard.

You never go full retard. If you honestly believe gubmint supports vets then how do you explain the 22 suicides a day?

You won’t. Because you can’t. Because you’ve done your 22 push-ups and you think you’ve done your part and you feel good about it.
    This above all..

Democrats politicians: Let’s pretend we’re upset about a bill helping veterans suffering from burn pit injuries while deployed in combat areas.

Reasonable person: Why are you adding 400 billion dollars of unrelated spending to the bill?

Democrat activists: You Republicans are racist for asking questions.

Reasonable person: Why am I racist for asking the question? Can we just create a bill without attaching unrelated spending?

Jon Stewart: Republicans are racist and they don’t care about veterans.

CNN: Republicans are being racist by pointing out that Democrats added unrelated 400 billion dollars to a bill that has nothing to do with the burn pit bill for veterans.

CNN: Don’t forgot to get vaccinated because of you don’t you will be adding to climate change.
    This above all..

Maybe change your cable tv news station for more accurate news and information, lol

You cant just use CNN and John.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

So you are suggesting to ship congress off to NK..........

How bout we ALL stop paying............

Well, I better be quiet now, don’t want no EEF BEE EYE on my azz or EYE R EES, ya feel me brah.

Another question you should ask, because everyone is all happy now that it passed, does gubmit money really do the good work, or is this just more sh!t sheep herder work?

If it's the latter, whats the point and what ya gonna do bout it?
    Last edited by LWW; 08-03-2022 at 07:21 PM.

No - its not.

Actually there was three proposed cost controlling amendments that were voted on before the PACT Act passed. That's why they got more votes this time. I'm not sure which of or if all of the three were voted in as the amendments on the official site have not been fully updated yet.

Like I said, I have skin in this game and wanted the PACT Act passed. But both sides of the aisle have played way too many games with sneaking in verbiage they can abuse. I still remember Pelosi and the ACA.

Democrats politicians: Let’s pretend we’re upset about a bill helping veterans suffering from burn pit injuries while deployed in combat areas.

Reasonable person: Why are you adding 400 billion dollars of unrelated spending to the bill?

Democrat activists: You Republicans are racist for asking questions.

Reasonable person: Why am I racist for asking the question? Can we just create a bill without attaching unrelated spending?

Jon Stewart: Republicans are racist and they don’t care about veterans.

CNN: Republicans are being racist by pointing out that Democrats added unrelated 400 billion dollars to a bill that has nothing to do with the burn pit bill for veterans.

CNN: Don’t forgot to get vaccinated because of you don’t you will be adding to climate change.
    ^^^What NG said.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Have you noticed not a single person ITT has been able to cite the added "pork" or any real information about this supposed added 400m in spending? They can't but they continue to parrot and even used Toomey as the "true source" LOFL. It's fuking maddening man. Reasonably intelligent people (except tator) who, instead of looking at the bill, would rather parrot false info, attack Stewart who is doing more than most politicians ever would on his own dime and with zero personal agenda, and even ramble on as usual about topics unrelated - all because "own those libs".

We are broken as a country and I'll finally concede to Joel to let it all burn down at this point.
    ☻/
    /▌

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Have you noticed not a single person ITT has been able to cite the added "pork" or any real information about this supposed added 400m in spending? They can't but they continue to parrot and even used Toomey as the "true source" LOFL. It's fuking maddening man. Reasonably intelligent people (except tator) who, instead of looking at the bill, would rather parrot false info, attack Stewart who is doing more than most politicians ever would on his own dime and with zero personal agenda, and even ramble on as usual about topics unrelated - all because "own those libs".

We are broken as a country and I'll finally concede to Joel to let it all burn down at this point.

So I will share a small version of why I dont universally support 'vet benefits'. Two first hand accounts among millions that go on ever day. My father in law, retired colonel. The mil (in his words) worked as 'hard as they could' to give him as much disability as they could when he retired. He is 6'5 and flying a B52 they said gave him a 'bad back'. So they retired him as 80% disabled I think. He laughs about being 'disabled'. At 75 he is more active than most people 20 years younger. When he first retired, he was still playing in men's pick up league basketball games with guys 20 years younger. He used to get out and rip on a snowmobile trail riding (which is very rough, very similar to riding moto cross on dirt bike).

He votes dem. (which blows my mind) but I can understand. The govt has given him (and continues) to give him everything. He jokes about how he always loses his glasses, but the VA just gives him as many pairs as he wants.

2nd example. One of my best friends, retired army ranger. Hurt his shoulder fast roping out of helo. The 'disabled' him. And for the next 30 years he has made a living doing with a shoulder MUCH better than what I live with every day. They insisted on him that he was disabled also. Enough that he gets a check every month for a few k. Both his kids have gone to school free as part of VA scholarships. When he was bored, they told him he has money he could use for 'vocational training'. So he got 200,000 worth of pilot training to occupy his time even though he really does not love flying but thought it would be fun.

Both the above examples are multi-millionaires. My buddy though very hard work his entire live despite being 'disabled'. My FIL, just smart investing.

Now these 'burn pits'. I have lived in a world and inhaled more burn pits than many. I dont dispute that there may be some veterans who suffer from legit illness. They should be taken care of. But I also suspect there are quite a few who develop cancer who would have gotten cancer anyway. There are also probably a significant amount who really live very normal lives, but may have some diminished lung capacity. Like I have. I generally only oxygenate at about 94-95%. I have massive lung scarring that they discovered when I had my accident in 09. They actually thought I had TB and freaked out for a second. But just good old scarred lungs as a result of what I have done for a living since my 20's and not being smart enough not to breath a lot of stuff.

So I can relate, but I also think it should not just be a blank check. I dont just universally think because something is related to while in service that a blank check should be written. LOTS of very hard working people live everyday without 'disability'. VERY hard to tell the people who are really sick. If I were in the military and gone though what I have been though, I would likely be on 90%+ disability. Yet I still get up and make a living. My diminished lung capacity is not something I make a big deal about. I just do what I can do.

Oh yea...sometimes you just got to burn stuff

RAW lifts

How do you expect someone to share it when they have yet to update both the proposal and the amendments? Clearly something changed to have over a dozen politicians change their mind between one day and another.

Both sides have a proven track record of doing this. They can give you a bowl of brown with goo with sprinkles on it and tell you it's ice cream all they want, but I'm going to stop and take a sniff to make sure it's not crap before I just jump in and start eating up what they're giving me. I can always decide to eat it later once I discover it is what they say it is.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Roasted a few peanuts in my day. Nasty business.
    Glad the guys are getting some help.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    JTBNY, here’s some intelligence for you sir.

Private entities that are vetted can do the best for vets, not your silly bills from congress.

So ID do you think these 2 examples are the norm, taking advantage of the system similar to the "welfare queens" of the 90's?
    Or are they 2 rare examples of people who just so happened to get lucky and profit from the 800B in defense spending?

As a regular dude.... i have read now in 2 threads, miltary guys gaming the system for money over time.
    It is a disturbing trend if this "honorable" behavior is the norm.

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    So I will share a small version of why I dont universally support 'vet benefits'. Two first hand accounts among millions that go on ever day. My father in law, retired colonel. The mil (in his words) worked as 'hard as they could' to give him as much disability as they could when he retired. He is 6'5 and flying a B52 they said gave him a 'bad back'. So they retired him as 80% disabled I think. He laughs about being 'disabled'. At 75 he is more active than most people 20 years younger. When he first retired, he was still playing in men's pick up league basketball games with guys 20 years younger. He used to get out and rip on a snowmobile trail riding (which is very rough, very similar to riding moto cross on dirt bike).

He votes dem. (which blows my mind) but I can understand. The govt has given him (and continues) to give him everything. He jokes about how he always loses his glasses, but the VA just gives him as many pairs as he wants.

2nd example. One of my best friends, retired army ranger. Hurt his shoulder fast roping out of helo. The 'disabled' him. And for the next 30 years he has made a living doing with a shoulder MUCH better than what I live with every day. They insisted on him that he was disabled also. Enough that he gets a check every month for a few k. Both his kids have gone to school free as part of VA scholarships. When he was bored, they told him he has money he could use for 'vocational training'. So he got 200,000 worth of pilot training to occupy his time even though he really does not love flying but thought it would be fun.

Both the above examples are multi-millionaires. My buddy though very hard work his entire live despite being 'disabled'. My FIL, just smart investing.

Now these 'burn pits'. I have lived in a world and inhaled more burn pits than many. I dont dispute that there may be some veterans who suffer from legit illness. They should be taken care of. But I also suspect there are quite a few who develop cancer who would have gotten cancer anyway. There are also probably a significant amount who really live very normal lives, but may have some diminished lung capacity. Like I have. I generally only oxygenate at about 94-95%. I have massive lung scarring that they discovered when I had my accident in 09. They actually thought I had TB and freaked out for a second. But just good old scarred lungs as a result of what I have done for a living since my 20's and not being smart enough not to breath a lot of stuff.

So I can relate, but I also think it should not just be a blank check. I dont just universally think because something is related to while in service that a blank check should be written. LOTS of very hard working people live everyday without 'disability'. VERY hard to tell the people who are really sick. If I were in the military and gone though what I have been though, I would likely be on 90%+ disability. Yet I still get up and make a living. My diminished lung capacity is not something I make a big deal about. I just do what I can do.

Oh yea...sometimes you just got to burn stuff

I have family that served and got all fuked up one way or another from the carelessness cowboy BS that is of the US Military.

One was in NAM and has been drunk every damn day since the 1960s

Another fuked up his ankles jumping out of planes, he worked his entire life when he got out, but he showed me all the pills the VA was trying to force him to take, he said he quietly weened himself off those meds and the VA had a sh!tfit, in which he had a sh!tfit back at them. When he broke his ankle, the miltary didn't allow him to heel, they threw back on too early, had he been allowed to heel he would be able to walk normal is what the professionals told him.

Do what Uncle SAM says, and don't talk back..............

So ID do you think these 2 examples are the norm, taking advantage of the system similar to the "welfare queens" of the 90's?
    Or are they 2 rare examples of people who just so happened to get lucky and profit from the 800B in defense spending?

As a regular dude.... i have read now in 2 threads, miltary guys gaming the system for money over time.
    It is a disturbing trend if this "honorable" behavior is the norm.

That was kind of my point. It was almost pushed on them to 'disable' them. My father in law is one of the most honest people I have ever known. He laughs about when they retired him and he as arguing with him that he was disabled, and he was like 'no I am not'. And they winked back, 'trust me, you want to be disabled'.

Same thing with my buddy. They BEGGEG him to take the 200k. He was bored so he learned to fly. There was ZERO looking into whether it was really training for a new job. He is still doing the same thing his 'disabled' body has done for the past 30 years. And I am 100% serious when I say I am more limited in what I can do than he can.

It is as if there is great motivation to squeeze as much money out of the system as possible. Needed or not. Everyone is in on it. Of course the guys that served feel like they 'earned' it in some way. I hear my father in law talk about how little they had when he was first in the military. How 'under paid' he was. Well my first apartment, I lived in the south in 95deg weather and never could afford to turn on an air conditioner. I had to drink cooking oil to get enough calories because I could not afford the amount of food I needed working construction all day long and then working out. I would shop for expiring meat packages, spaghetti, and get extra cals from drinking oil. LOTS of people sacrifice.

All I can say is that my father in law did not have a choice. He would have been drafted so he went in after college as an officer. But our services have been volunteer since. I am all for taking care of those who TRULY have suffered, but I think the system is MASSIVLY abused.

Like I said, I have significant diminished lung capacity. I am right on the borderline of a person with COPD. Yet I go about my days and just live with it. I am not disabled, but I guarantee with my x-rays and lung scarring and o2 values, it would have me significantly disabled. I think that is wrong. I am sorry.

The other challenge of this was (as I understood it) already 400bil approved. Yet they wanted 200 more but moved to a different category thereby leaving an opening (which might be filled with the flavor of the day for deficit spending later). If that is accurate, I do have an issue with this. And I dont think there is something wrong with a guy voting for it first time around and then changing their vote if this was realized (or they changed their mind).
    RAW lifts