rustler2001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting Rid of Lactic Acid Build Up

I am tending to get a good bit of soreness after my chest work out days through the pecs, and out to teh shoulder. Not sure if its lactic acid, which may be causing it. Does anyone know how I can reduce the lactic acid in my muscles, during or post work out?

Thanks

philips217 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ya, hit the sauna up after your workout.

For best results, do sauna, cold shower, sauna, cold shower, sauna, cold shower. You should notice a major difference.

Dont have a sauna in my gym. Was thinking about having a real long stretch, pinpointing my pecs etc to try and "squeeze" if thats possible, the acid out of the muscle.

Dont know if you can do that or not????

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rustler2001 View Post
    I am tending to get a good bit of soreness after my chest work out days through the pecs, and out to teh shoulder. Not sure if its lactic acid, which may be causing it. Does anyone know how I can reduce the lactic acid in my muscles, during or post work out?

Thanks
    The day AFTER your chest work out load up your warm up weight and do 10 reps. If the pain eases up then it's caused by lactic acid and you've just flushed out as much as you could. If the pain is about the same after 10 or so light reps then it's more likely caused my muscle damage, take some asprin, soak in a hot tub and stretch.

Thanks All Pro, is that the answer? Sounds good to me! Had the workout last night, got up a little sore this morning, and by late afternoon, quite abit more sore.

Dont mind if its the small amount of tearing of the muscle from the workout, that I can kind of live with, but will have to warm down a bit more. But if its lactic acid, then will give the 10 reps a quick blast and see what happens!

porterror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) porterror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) porterror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Easy! Run! Just a jog for 10-15 mins will dispurse lactic acid build up in muscles. It might be slightly uncomfortable at first if the acid in your legs, but it has always worked for me.

adpayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adpayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adpayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adpayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adpayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adpayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adpayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adpayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adpayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adpayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't believe lactic acid is the primary reason for DOMS.
    I'm in a pump/burn phase now, and use high reps and very high volume. I get plenty of lactic acid during my workout, but don't suffer DOMS. I also use high frequency which I believe helps in this case.

Anyway, I agree with All Pro in doing a recovery workout the day after. I use much higher reps (50-100) than he suggests, but I'm sure his way is better if you're already sore.

(DOMS is part of the reason I don't do 1 time a week frequency anymore.)

Art

Sorry, but what are DOM's?

Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quizzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rustler2001 View Post
    Sorry, but what are DOM's?
    Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...uscle_soreness