Bobyota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it normal to still have some soreness after working out for a year?

It's not near as bad as when I 1st started, but usually the next day after a workout, my muscles will hurt doing just about anything. It's usually just annoying when I'm at work and I try to lift something and my muscles start hurting. I don't have a pencil pushing job or a job where I look at net pr0n

So I'm just wondering if I'm not getting what my muscles need to replinish themselves. Any thoughts? I've just started to take L-Arginine. Also drink a whey protein shake. I don't drink enough water, could that be part of the problem? Sorry if these are very newbie-ish questions

CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yea it is normal. If you work hard soreness is a side effect.

A better diet, post workout meals, drinking lots of water, that all helps your system function/recover better.

Also various supplements help. Maybe some glutamine or arginine.

DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Is it normal to still have some soreness after working out for a year?

Originally posted by Bobyota
    It's not near as bad as when I 1st started, but usually the next day after a workout, my muscles will hurt doing just about anything. It's usually just annoying when I'm at work and I try to lift something and my muscles start hurting. I don't have a pencil pushing job or a job where I look at net pr0n

So I'm just wondering if I'm not getting what my muscles need to replinish themselves. Any thoughts? I've just started to take L-Arginine. Also drink a whey protein shake. I don't drink enough water, could that be part of the problem? Sorry if these are very newbie-ish questions
    As long as you push yourself in the gym you should have post soreness. Make sure to get at least 1 gr protien per lb body weight, and bump the water intake to a gallon per day.

Dedicated1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The soreness U feel is lactic acid. Thats a good thing.

drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not a fan personally, but alot of people say that they're much less sore/recover quicker w/liver tabs.
    The preservation of health is a duty. Few seem conscious that there is such a thing as physical morality.-Herbert Spencer

He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master. -Hunter S. Thompson

Well I'll go to the store and pick up the things mentioned. I like hearing it's a good thing and also people are telling me to rest muscles (some say at least one day of rest for the muscle group you work before working it again). My only problem is when I have to work hard at work and I have no choice but to use those muscles :-/

I will drink more water, I know I'm lacking there.

I take my whey protien shake about 15-30 mins after workout. I've been thinking of taking powder creatine....would it help the sourness if I take it after workouts too? Or is it basically just gonna help me build muscle?

Thanks a lot for the help guys

NPursuit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPursuit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPursuit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPursuit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPursuit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPursuit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPursuit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPursuit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPursuit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPursuit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPursuit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Bobyota
    [B(some say at least one day of rest for the muscle group you work before working it again[/B]
    More like all say it. It sounds like you should head over to the training forum and read up and click on the 1000's of articles listed above and read up on some proper training and workout routines.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed
    me off.

Mod @ AnabolicMinds.com
    Mod @ Gaining-Mass.com
    Mod @ SupplementCentral.com
    Mod @ MMAAthletes.com

Originally posted by NPursuit
    More like all say it. It sounds like you should head over to the training forum and read up and click on the 1000's of articles listed above and read up on some proper training and workout routines.
    Cool, I'll check that out. One guy I worked out with would work bicepts one day and then the next day do a lil more to "touch up". I thought that went against what most people would say to do. I've heard many things that were probably wrong and of course many people saying totally opposite things. I'm hoping this web site can clear some of that up for me

PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpenIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Dedicated1
    The soreness U feel is lactic acid. Thats a good thing.
    Its not a good thing, but its not a bad thing.

Bobyota, to answer your question, yes its normal.
    To not plan, is to plan to fail.

Dedicated1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by PumpenIron
    Its not a good thing, but its not a bad thing.

Bobyota, to answer your question, yes its normal.
    If he is sore, U can safely assume he is working the muscle. So I think lactic acid is good in that respect. Of course being sore doesn't "feel" good. So no, its a good thing, it means he is workingout properly. Ive been lifting for 16 years, and I still get sore.

andyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Answer to your question, without even reading the thread, is YOU SHOULD BE at least A LITTLE SORE from TRAINING no matter what level you are in the world of the iron.

The Old Saying " No pain, no gain" is true, no matter what they say.
    To achieve success is certainly tough, but keeping it...much tougher.
    Chinese Proverb

DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There are several different supplements that can lessen soreness and decrease recovery time, but I think you need to get a good training program and a sound diet before you jump into all of the supplements, excluding whey of course.

Well I'm on a program that's been working good for me and I'll stick to it. I'm eating better than I ever have. So what would the supplements be? I already take L-Arginine. I think I read L-Glutimine was another that applies here?

Thanks for the info guys

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think muscle soreness feels good. I have been megadosing BCAA's and my recovery time is fast. I get my BCAA intake from ICE. I really love ICE. I cant wait untill they come out with the carb free EAA.
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes

I would just go w/ a good micronized creatine. As far as glutamine you good try out G-Plenish.