crosborne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How Much More Cutting?

I have been on a cutting diet since august. I am posting a pic showing me on the left in August and now on the right in October. I know that I have come a long way but I was actually hoping to be leaner than this by now and seeing some sort of abs. Now keep in mind that my stomach is alittle bloated because I just fininshed my post workout nutrition and shake when I took the October pic. The bodyfat calipers at the gym produced a 11% BF reading in which cant be right. I have been told on another section on the board that I look like 18-20% which I am hoping that isnt right either.

I currently am 5'9 170lbs and have lost 19lbs since the first pic. What is a common weight for my height to be in the 10% BF range?

Secondly how much further should I keep cutting? I have been told that I look skinny and that isnt the look I want. I was hoping to clean bulk in November but first I think I need to be leaner, right.

Lastly, Is there any other suggestions that you have to offer me????

Thankyou for your time and please post a responce. Thanks again.
    Attached Images
    Ozzy,

"The Ozzman Commeth!"

solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

it's all up to you man.If you want to keep cutting then cut,if u want to start bulking then bulk,but i suggest you cut some more,good progress so far
    <HTC>

TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd say keep on cutting also. As you lose weight you will of course look skinnier in clothes, but once you take your shirt off, you'll look bigger cause your muscles will show up better. For you to be lean, assuming your around 15% bodyfat and 170lbs.

That means you have about 25.5 lbs of bodyfat. If you wanted to be 10% bodyfat Your going to have to lose about 10 lbs of fat, and less than 1 lb of muscle. That won't be very easy to do, but if you take your time over the next 5-8 weeks you'll be close to that goal.

NewSc2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No offense, but you look about 18%. Don't take it too hard, as it took me quite some time to realize that I was at about 18% and I was hoping that I was closer to 14 or 13%. Now I'm at about 15% (3-4 weeks later).

Also, you don't look like you would get too skinny. I'm 170 lbs, 15% body fat right now, and 5'10". I still look pretty bulky, but on the leaner side. I've realized that I've been losing too much LBM and that I need to focus on losing just the fat. I've been keeping up with the heavy weights a lot, so lately I've actually gained a pound or two of LBM.

I'd suggest you to keep on the cutting. If you could duplicate the progress from August to October from now until the end of December, then you should look great. I actually started my cutting phase around August as well, about 23% BF then, 197 lbs. My goal is to get down to 8-9% by the end of the year, and to weigh about 160 lbs. After that I plan to bulk up and do a final cutting phase before the summer~

Edit: The most important thing really is to realize that you are having progress right now, so no matter what you will reach your goal, it's all a matter of willpower and time. If you're serious about making a deadline for you to start bulking or for you to reach your cutting goal, then push yourself harder accordingly, but don't feel bad if you have to push your goal back a month or two.
    Last edited by NewSc2; 10-25-2003 at 02:02 PM.