Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation Clippers/Detailers/Razors/Shaving&Grooming/Barber Official Master Thread

What do you guys recommend for Hair Clippers, Beard T-Line Detailers, Razors? Which brands and models give the best Cuts and Shaves? Any other Shave Products you recommend? Which brands should you avoid at all cost because shoddy quality/Ripoff? Share your Barber Arsenal!

Location: Okinawa, Japan Stats: 5'9", 175 lbs Bodypoints: 'bout 350M because I am a, Chad
    dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    BaByliss

/thread
    We’re all gonna make it.

DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dizzin9 View Post
    BaByliss

/thread
    Babyliss is better than Andis?

Discipline&Determination DstryEvrytng's Avatar
    DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never thought i would do it. Wet shaved with DE razor for over a decade. Recently got an Andis foil shaver and its fn awesome. Just as smooth as a good DE and way faster.

Barber uses one on my skin fades so i figured id try one for my face.

Edit
    Stay away from “Vikings Blade” DE handles. They look and function great for about six months then begin to fail. Merkur is the way to go for DE safety razors. With Shark blades, but there are many very good blades. Also a lot of really chitty ones and knock offs of the good ones.
    Distal Biceps Tendon tear crew. (07/15/19)

FUK YOU SHORSEY!

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've preferred wahl/andis over oster because i like the swing arm. I think andis is a higher quality than wahl from what ive used.
    I don't know either lol

LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wahl brand only

Won't even listen to someone who mentions any other brand
    Disclaimer: All posts made by [LtGoose] are works of satire. By reading this you agree to absolve the author of any and all liability.

Originally Posted by DstryEvrytng View Post
    Never thought i would do it. Wet shaved with DE razor for over a decade. Recently got an Andis foil shaver and its fn awesome. Just as smooth as a good DE and way faster.

Barber uses one on my skin fades so i figured id try one for my face.

Edit
    Stay away from “Vikings Blade” DE handles. They look and function great for about six months then begin to fail. Merkur is the way to go for DE safety razors. With Shark blades, but there are many very good blades. Also a lot of really chitty ones and knock offs of the good ones.
    Never tried the Double-Edged Razors, how much superior and close are the DE Shaves than Cartridge Shaves? Was looking at those Viking Blade DE Handles they looked cool and was going to take the plunge at learning DE Razor Shaving.

Would this be a really sharp/crisp Beard T-Line Detailer? https://babylisspro.com/FXX3T.html

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DoragonKingu View Post
    What do you guys recommend for Hair Clippers, Beard T-Line Detailers, Razors? Which brands and models give the best Cuts and Shaves? Any other Shave Products you recommend? Which brands should you avoid at all cost because shoddy quality/Ripoff? Share your Barber Arsenal!
    you've opened up a very large subjective subject. You need to spend some time at badgerandblade - lot's of information. The short answers are
    1) wahl clippers and trimmers. I have a cordless set that I like a lot.
    2) for a good shave it's a combination of beard, blade, and razor. Each face is different so what works well for me may not work for you
    3) Merkur are good razors the 34C is popular.
    4) a sample pack of different blades will help you figure out what works for you
    5) just like lifting it's good to vary up your routine so pick a primary and a secondary blade. You'll get closer shaves over time
    6) technique is important, from skin prep with your soap, to the actual shave, and aftershave care

Me, I use a Merkur 34C, a Fatip Grande, and an old Gillette adjustable of my dad's (mid 60's). Primary blades are Red Israeli Persona's and Voskhod teflon (on the Fatip). Secondary are Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum. I have others around but those account for 90% of shaves. Shave soaps are your choice but I like to generate a good lather with hot water as it prepares the face and whiskers for the save. Stuff out of a can doesn't do it for me. I like Proraso and Cella for soaps.

Discipline&Determination DstryEvrytng's Avatar
    DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never tried the Double-Edged Razors, how much superior and close are the DE Shaves than Cartridge Shaves? Was looking at those Viking Blade DE Handles they looked cool and was going to take the plunge at learning DE Razor Shaving.
    If you use a razor then DE is by far the way to go. After the initial expense of a good handle and depending on if you use soap or creme you only end up spending maybe $10 a year. Way More if you use high end lubricant. I just raw dogg DE shave, no lube or aftershave. Ive maybe spent $20 for blades over the passed 8 years.

If you use lube and a good handle and blade the shave is as close as you can get. Blades are mostly based on preference. Some are very very sharp (Feather or Shark) and others not so sharp but more durable. Durability is moot though because even high end blades are cheap as fuk so theres no reason to get more than 2-3 shaves out of one. I use Shark and change the blade every 2 weeks. My beard hair is thick as f too.

If you want to get into it start with a butterfly because of simplicity. Vikings Blade are OK but they dont last for chit. They have cool names tho. Lol
    The other option is capped safety razors. They are considerably more complicated because you can adjust the cap for aggressiveness (blade angle). Also capped razors have options of comb and smooth or scalloped etc.
    Youll probly knick yourself a lot at first but that will only be the first few shaves. There are good tutorials on you tube to get you started.
    Went way in the weeds here but thats as quick and simple as i can explain it.
    Distal Biceps Tendon tear crew. (07/15/19)

FUK YOU SHORSEY!

Generation X Capitalist GordonXXX's Avatar
    GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 7000 Men's Rechargeable Trimmer

ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    https://www.wahlpro.com/icon.html if you don't want to spend over a $100.

for shaving face, etc., try dorco pace 6 plus, or a double edge safety razor w/ gillette silver blue blades.
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Originally Posted by GordonXXX View Post
    You do not razor finish after the machine?

Thumbs up

Would this be a really sharp/crisp Beard T-Line Detailer? https://babylisspro.com/FXX3T.html
    Which is better for beard detailing?

https://www.wahlpro.com/black-gold-detailer-promo.html

Solid advice in this thread will be buying a Double Edge Razor and trying the starter pack of various brands of blades!

Have you guys tried La Toja Shaving Cream & Aftershave yet?
    Last edited by DoragonKingu; 11-18-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GordonXXX View Post
    I've tried the Philips, Braun and Panasonic Electricshavers but they never feel as good as a razor blade shave you just can't beat that feeling/look.

Location: Call a jack a jack. Call a spade a spade. But always call a whore a lady. Their lives are hard enough, and it never hurts to be polite., Antarctica
    conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Current have the philips 9000 and 7000
    Lawnmower 4.0
    Gillette razor blades
    May get the meridian trimmer

Need recommendation for cleaning products for these blades
    I don't check my CP, IDC about reps/negs

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ RIP Zyzz, The Father Of Aesthetics. 1989 -2011. Forever in our hearts ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Question

Originally Posted by nineOHnine View Post
    The FX blades are better than the 5-Star detailer blades.

But the Andis Stainless Steel GTX blades are fire.
    So
    Andis
    Babyliss
    Wahl?

MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000) MetalliNattyCa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dumped Gillette after they went woke, now i use this

with this

Faster, cheaper, no plastic waste, and more gentle on the skin, it´s a no brainer and wish i would do it way earlier.
    Always pick #6 crew
    +Positive Crew+
    ┌∩┐(︺︹︺)┌∩┐Men Going Their Own Way Crew ➥

Generation X Capitalist GordonXXX's Avatar
    GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You do not razor finish after the machine?
    No. I don't have a full beard, just scruff. I just trim my face with the trimmer and no guard every Monday and Thursday. I always keep a little bit of scruff. I’m never clean shaven. Women respond a lot to facial hair, I’ve found. They like to touch it. It’s manly.

Sandmang27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sandmang27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sandmang27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sandmang27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sandmang27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sandmang27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sandmang27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sandmang27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sandmang27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sandmang27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sandmang27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MetalliNattyCa View Post
    Dumped Gillette after they went woke, now i use this

with this

Faster, cheaper, no plastic waste, and more gentle on the skin, it´s a no brainer and wish i would do it way earlier.
    Got some bad news for you possibly brah, Astra blades are made by P&G who own Gillette.

Although you'd have to stop using so many brands if you wrote off P&G.

If you care, try Feather blades.

I use Astra though and really like them, I got into DE razors after the whole woke thing and realized how much cheaper they are and use Astra blades because I don't care enough to write off all of P&G.
    Liverpool FC. YNWA.

Toronto Crew

Ooooo I'm a ghost

PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Shavenation.com is a very good website. If I was American, I'd buy from there all the time. The owner even does reviews/tutorials:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/geofatboy/videos

I use a shavenation boker king cutter and taylor of old bond's shaving cream. If you go for one pass and one direction, straight razor shaving can be fast.
    taylor of old bond street is just really good stuff in general.

oh yeah avoid gillette/procter and gamble, of course. They hate men, fuk em.
    Last edited by PermaNoob; 11-19-2021 at 05:39 AM.

Thumbs up

What did Gillette do? I use the Proshield/Proglide Pro cartridges bought the giant pack at Costco, I tried switching to Schick but those sucked so bad.

Never tried the DE Razor so when I finish The Gillettes will be starting the DEs.

Question

Any of you Miskers professional Barbers?

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you guys tried La Toja Shaving Cream & Aftershave yet?
    shaving cream no, aftershave yes. The aftershave has a nice scent and works well. I probably have 15 bottles of aftershave on my counter. There are LOTS of interesting smells out there.

BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraddlesMcGee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    AliExpress. Knock yourself out.
    Nocrew crew

SS final perma ban request
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=184614323

LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LinuxJon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I used to DE shave for years. Used an Edwin Jagger handle and mostly feather blades. Worked great except my chin is too angular and I'd have to do that with a traditional cartridge razor.
    480s / 370b / 495d / 235 x 2 SOHP

Trump 2020
    DeSantis 2024
    Catbrah 2032

Misc Firearms Crew
    Misc Wristwatch Crew
    Will sell wife's foot pics for watch/gun money crew
    Definitely not a fed crew

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    shaving cream no, aftershave yes. The aftershave has a nice scent and works well. I probably have 15 bottles of aftershave on my counter. There are LOTS of interesting smells out there.
    Which is the finest Aftershave you have ever used? Literraly it's the best part of the entire process not to mention the slootz love it.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    you've opened up a very large subjective subject. You need to spend some time at badgerandblade - lot's of information. The short answers are
    1) wahl clippers and trimmers. I have a cordless set that I like a lot.
    2) for a good shave it's a combination of beard, blade, and razor. Each face is different so what works well for me may not work for you
    3) Merkur are good razors the 34C is popular.
    4) a sample pack of different blades will help you figure out what works for you
    5) just like lifting it's good to vary up your routine so pick a primary and a secondary blade. You'll get closer shaves over time
    6) technique is important, from skin prep with your soap, to the actual shave, and aftershave care

Me, I use a Merkur 34C, a Fatip Grande, and an old Gillette adjustable of my dad's (mid 60's). Primary blades are Red Israeli Persona's and Voskhod teflon (on the Fatip). Secondary are Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum. I have others around but those account for 90% of shaves. Shave soaps are your choice but I like to generate a good lather with hot water as it prepares the face and whiskers for the save. Stuff out of a can doesn't do it for me. I like Proraso and Cella for soaps.
    Do you have a beard or just shave entire face? It gets tricky lining up Beards through thick white lather shaving cream/soap.

Thumbs up

Anyone find some BombBlack Friday/Cyber Monday deal on Professional Tline Detailers/Clippers or an other GOAT Men's grooming stuff?

Andis 74100 GTX-EVO Cordless Li Trimmer > Beats out BabylissPro MetalFX + FX3 T-Line Detailers?

https://www.andis.com/Shop/Detail?ID...20Trimmer%20Li