CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000)

contraversy taking creatine and protein post workout.

Well i've been told before not to take creatine and protein together, due to conflicting absorbtions.

Now i don't know if that was just with glutamine and creatine, but anyways, this is my situation.

I'm taking NOZ (creatine and arginine). I take it pre/post workout on an empty (or close to) stomache.

Post workout, i take a protein shake to the gym and put it in the fridge there. so right after my workout, or sometimes during my last few sets, i'll start sipping it, and then drink it all by the end. Then what i'll do it go home and 20-30 minutes later take my NOZ.

Do i need more time between taking both of them for them to properly absorb and not conflict with each other? Or can i basically take them right after each other without it making a difference? I would take my NOZ to the gym and put it in the fridge, and then take it, and my protein 20-30 minutes later at home, but creatine is'nt stable in liquid form, so i don't want it to be sitting around for 2+ hours.

Any thoughts? Sound good the way i'm doing it?

CleaR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have seen no real studies proving that creatine and protein conflict in their absorbtions so don't worry about it. I mix my dextrose + whey + creatine in one shake and drink it immediately after working out. Also, you are right when you say that creatine is not stable in liquid form, but it will be fine if it sits for a few hours; just dont let it sit overnight or something like that.

If the water is pure (ph=7) and 4 degrees C, then 30 days. In pure water at 25 degrees C, 3 days. Even at a water pH of 3.5, it is 97.5% stable after 3 hours.
    See, even in acid water its 97.5% stable after 3 hours, so in regular water (6-7 ph) it will be perfectly fine. And if it is kept cold (fridge/cooler), it is stable for 30 days.

Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    whatever you do, dont mix creatine with caffeine, it will really hinder the gains. O/T

MushMouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) MushMouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) MushMouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) MushMouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) MushMouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) MushMouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) MushMouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) MushMouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) MushMouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) MushMouth will become famous soon enough. (+50) MushMouth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I always wonder who exactly are these people that say "x" shouldn't be taken with "y" because they almost always don't know what they are talking about. Taking your creatine with protein (and carbs) will improve uptake.

John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Exactly right, and take your glutamine with the rest. This absorption nonsense is an old wive's tale.
    ADMIN@ Sons of Iron
    ADMIN@ MuscleforumUSA
    SUPERMOD@ Anabolic-Enhancement
    SUPERMOD@ MassMonsterz

CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ok good to get that out of the way.

What about meals.
    I just took my NOZ about 5 minutes ago, i'm gonna wait a few minutes and then have my post workout meal, i had my shake about an hour ago at the gym.

Eating meal is the same as the protein shake right, it won't hinder it in any way?

MaXLaV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is it true that you shouldnt mix creatine with orange juice ?

if so are there any other kind of juice i shouldn't mix my creatine with ?

and is it the same for NOZ since its not creatin but trecreatine malate ?

thx

NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by CleaR
    I have seen no real studies proving that creatine and protein conflict in their absorbtions so don't worry about it. I mix my dextrose + whey + creatine in one shake and drink it immediately after working out. Also, you are right when you say that creatine is not stable in liquid form, but it will be fine if it sits for a few hours; just dont let it sit overnight or something like that.

agreed

stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stever is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by MaXLaV

thx
    Not sure about orange juice, I never mix mine with juice. Just water pre-workout and with my protein shake post workout
    I dont remember asking you a gotdamn thang!!!!

DarkenedSoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by MaXLaV

thx
    To elabborate on your question. I heard that you should not mix creatine with any liquid that has ascorbic acid in it. Is this true??

CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by DarkenedSoul
    To elabborate on your question. I heard that you should not mix creatine with any liquid that has ascorbic acid in it. Is this true??
    that's true. I heard the exact same thing about How ascorbic acid in powerade, sobe etc mess up the absorbtion of the creatine. Sort of like Calcium does to ZMA.
    I wish I could find the thread I'll go look some more. There's just so many damn results for creatine.Grrr..
    no sig

CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    SO, Does anyone know if this is true???
    no sig

jigga10034 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE CREATINE WITH ORANGE JUICE OR ANY KIND OF CITRUS DRINK......it's recommended to take creatine with Grape juice...water is fine also..personally i take mine with grape juice...hope this helps..

Nickel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine Contraversy

OK, a few things to clear up. Creatine cannot sit for more than about 10 minutes before it begins to break down quickly into Creatinin, caffeine has little or no effect on creatine, in fact the first studies done on creatine were done mixing it with tea, which contains caffeine. Obviously it still induced a significant effect or companies would have never started marketing it and doing even more studies on it. The study that showed the caffeine problem was a small study with less than 10 people, unless there have been more done that is the extent of the actual clinical.
    Just remember, the creatine that doesn't dissolve isn't doing much of anything for you except sitting in your small intestine potentially causing bloating as your body tries to flush it out, and cramping because the water to flush it comes from your bloodstream. Not to mention the potential diarrhea many people get from large amount of water flushing the creatine from your intestine.
    If you have these problems try creatines other than monohydrates, Creatine Titrate, Creatine Malate, or the old FSI Nutrition Effervescent Creatine.
    Nickel