crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Hanging upside-down...

Does anyone know of any equipment that you can hang upside-down on from your feet like Batman did in one of his films (I think it was the one with the Joker)?

EDITED TO SAY ... 50 Cent also hangs upside down in the 'In Da Club' video and he does sit ups like that. Just thought I'd point that out.
    Last edited by crescendo; 10-26-2003 at 09:34 AM.

murph32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Hanging upside-down...

Originally posted by crescendo
    Does anyone know of any equipment that you can hang upside-down on from your feet like Batman did in one of his films (I think it was the one with the Joker)?
    here you go ......... http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/im-0160.html

peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peregrine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    search gravity boots

i use them often after deadlifts they help loosen the back through traction, some do them for abs and hamstrings too
    Henry Rollins
    It took me years to fully appreciate the value of the lessons I have learned from the Iron... I learned that nothing good comes without work and a certain amount of pain. When I finish a set that leaves me shaking, I know more about myself. When something gets bad, I know it can't be as bad as that workout.

Sensei Creese:Cobra KAi founder
    Mercy is for the weak, we do not train to be merciful here, a man faces you, he is the enemy, the enemy deserves no mercy...

sma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a pair of gravity boots, called 'hangups' I think. I hang from my powerrack and do abs.

Love em, except for the broken blood vessels in my eyes

hbk3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

gravity boots do work but if your a mass monster or hurt lol getting up on the bar. check out inversion tables you start upright swing backwards instant stretch.
    while your at the start of the dumbell rack I am at the end looking for more weight. if you look like pee wee herman do not tell me you have a great workout becuse i will tell you ,your a waste of skin. if your afraid of heavyweight do PILATES.

crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by hbk3
    gravity boots do work but if your a mass monster or hurt lol getting up on the bar.
    I didn't really get that. Are you saying that it'll hurt if you weigh alot and hang upside down?

hbk3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally posted by crescendo
    I didn't really get that. Are you saying that it'll hurt if you weigh alot and hang upside down?
    ---- no if your hurt or big it will be hard to hook boots up , if your small and in great shape the boots will be fine.
    while your at the start of the dumbell rack I am at the end looking for more weight. if you look like pee wee herman do not tell me you have a great workout becuse i will tell you ,your a waste of skin. if your afraid of heavyweight do PILATES.

sma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is hard to get 'unhooked' from the bar after doing abs. The boots I use have these loops that extend around your calves, so after doing your set you can reach up and grab the loop, then grab the bar.

I am 218 and have no problem doing sets of 10 for hanging situps.

strictlyDNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Do you all know of any inversion boots/gravity boots (and a suitable bar set-up to hang from as well) for people over 250 pounds (I'm in the range of 255-265 pounds and didn't want to "test" the limits while hanging upside down)?

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I have a good set of boots, they are the same as the NYB boots, HEAVY duty with metal hooks, metal clasps and clasp locks. I am in the 230-240 range and am not the least worried about the quality
    I tie a rope around the bar and use that to pull myself up if I can't crunch one last one out
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Registered User Xx TAKEMONEY Xx's Avatar
    Xx TAKEMONEY Xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have any of you seen a slight hieght increase from the use of gravity boots??

Thnx

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I remember back in 1980 when the movie American Gigolo came out, with the scene where Richard Gere did the gravity-boot hang. All of the sudden, they were the rage, and the boots sold like hotcakes. After a while, the boots slid back into the shadows, but they seem to be picking up steam again. Consumer tastes are cyclical, and that's why they can successfully remake old movies and re-cover old songs, even if they butcher and destroy them, because the youth of every era will fall for just about anything.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Originally posted by Xx TAKEMONEY Xx
    Have any of you seen a slight hieght increase from the use of gravity boots??

Thnx

Hmmm. I have always wondered what would happen if a person took very generous dosages of cartilage- and bone-building supplements (l-lysine, chondroitin sulfate, calcium, etc.), created an environment for microfractures in the legs (hard surface running, jumping/jump-roping, etc.), did extensive stretching exercises, and also applied full inversion training with a weight vest. Seems like you might be able to gain at least an 1/8 to a 1/2 inch over an extended period (just my opinion though).

supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Interesting theory Tex

Talking

It would be interesting to find out if that would work... I'll have to use myself as a guinea pig one of these days (when I can afford the extra gear and supps more easily).

MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by sma
    I have a pair of gravity boots, called 'hangups' I think. I hang from my powerrack and do abs.

Love em, except for the broken blood vessels in my eyes
    That sounds really safe!

TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by strictlyDNA
    Hmmm. I have always wondered what would happen if a person took very generous dosages of cartilage- and bone-building supplements (l-lysine, chondroitin sulfate, calcium, etc.), created an environment for microfractures in the legs (hard surface running, jumping/jump-roping, etc.), did extensive stretching exercises, and also applied full inversion training with a weight vest. Seems like you might be able to gain at least an 1/8 to a 1/2 inch over an extended period (just my opinion though).
    true...