Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

_XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by delineator View Post
    It would certainly be interesting to see the effect of enriched oxygen air-supply during breathwork, but effects of super-ventilation is just one aspect of such practices. I believe it would be a mistake to focus entirely on this alone.

Traditional practices using breathwork like yoga say the most important aspect is how the motion of the lungs affect specific nerve pathways that lead to increased control over various parts of your body. They view this motion as a flywheel for the rest of the body's functions & actual breath is just one of those functions, but not the sole focus.

So breath is a result of this motion but not the whole point. I believe most breathwork should be rhythmic (rather than wild erratic sprinting) as it fine-tunes control aspects.

The pic below is a page from a Raja Yoga text from over 100 yrs ago. I reckon Stan Grof's Holotropic book you are reading will probably state similar views (although I have never read it myself) as its based on ancient practices.

Fantastic, this is exactly the type of feedback I was hoping to get from people.

I've only started reading Grof's Holotropic book, haven't got to those specifics yet, I'll defly keep it in mind.

Early on my focus was too much on trying to get a greater number of breaths in during the time period allocated (as a way to progress), and this did definitely compromise the rhythm of the breathing by being too erratic.
    Luckily I do have an instinct to always compare & re-reference back during the progress, so I did include sessions where I slow down the rate but making sure breaths are as deep as possible which is a different dynamic & often leads to a more intense experience. Also I did notice if there is something on my mind which distracts me, the experience is compromised regardless of how effectively I carried out the session physically - which points to what you are alluding to - a finetuning of the nervous system that goes beyond sheer magnitude of physical action parameters & resultant super-ventilation.
    Defly looking forward to developing a more fine-tuned breath motion.
    Last edited by _XYDREX_; 04-09-2021 at 05:24 PM.
    __________Relax. Its just a bunch of pixels on a screen___________

_XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by maxjensistubno View Post
    Science of Breath by Yogi Ramacharaka is a pretty decent book imo. It's on libgen

that + TRE is good times
    Thanks, I'll the check the book out.

TRE is fascinating, I've been meaning to try it for a while.
    Can you summarize how you do it?

Tremor Release Exercise developed for military to combat PTSD, but of course can be used by anyone even without specific (known) trauma events.
    Its a set of stretching exercises that triggers a natural shaking of the body that improves nervous system function.

Here is a great podcast with 3 therapists comparing Wim Hof, Stan Grof & TRE:

TRE/ bioenergetics 2.50-5.45, 19.40-25.20, 37.10-42
    Wim Hof 9.50-11.00, 27.35-31.50
    Stan Grof 18.30-19.00
    Hof vs Grof 42.35- 49.15

Some earlier comments asked about Hof's credentials, this podcast talks about how Hof put himself to scientific scrutiny & measurably demonstrated how he modulated his nervous system at will which previously was thought to be impossible (by modern science, but clearly not by ancient practitioners). Daniel Cortez is particularly interesting as he combines modern scientific methods together with traditional indigenous approaches guided by shamans from Peru.
    Last edited by _XYDREX_; 04-09-2021 at 05:16 PM.

PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Science of Breath by Yogi Ramacharaka is a pretty decent book imo. It's on libgen

that + TRE is good times
    Das it. I wonder if TRE will pick up in popularity like Wim Hof.

plebmaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plebmaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plebmaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plebmaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plebmaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plebmaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plebmaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plebmaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plebmaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plebmaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plebmaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hi im 12 and whats this?
    Lifting Crew

pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000) pyskowanie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gotta be careful when doing super-forceful inhales, I inhaled a fly one & almost choked to death.

Normally when something enters your airways, your reflexes react within split second to throw it back out. But if you are intentionally inhaling super-forcefully - it goes much deeper before your senses can react to it.
    I'm gonna get some fine material mesh & put it over my head the next time I try it LOL.
    Pysk

first saw it mentioned on another forum:
    google:
    No.267174265
    that's the thread
    that place is chitpost central and I don't remember all that was said but it's probably worth looking over a lil.

I downloaded the book (libgen (also)) The Revolutionary Trauma Release Process: Transcend Your Toughest Times - starting on pg 154 there's photos and descriptions on how to do it. I guess the main one you see on youtube is the one where you lay on your back, which ime is the most "strong" one- but there are several other standing exercises. I've only done TRE a handful of times but it certainly helps out my lower back and its much like a deep internal massage that doesn't require much effort as its pretty much self propelling.
    Cheers for that.

Originally Posted by PermaNoob View Post
    Das it. I wonder if TRE will pick up in popularity like Wim Hof.
    With the right personality it should just as easily.
    People in general find such stretches/exercises much more palatable than hyperventilating.

I want to see if I can combine the two - perhaps do some TRE during the long exhaled breath-holds.
    Wim does various stretches & exercises during this phase so TRE stuff may be a good addition.

Originally Posted by pyskowanie View Post
    Gotta be careful when doing super-forceful inhales, I inhaled a fly one & almost choked to death.

Normally when something enters your airways, your reflexes react within split second to throw it back out. But if you are intentionally inhaling super-forcefully - it goes much deeper before your senses can react to it.
    I'm gonna get some fine material mesh & put it over my head the next time I try it LOL.
    Holy sht, never thought of that. Just make sure the material doesn't block too much airflow rate.
    Last edited by _XYDREX_; 04-28-2021 at 04:08 PM.

PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PermaNoob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone actually try doing this stuff?
    I tried TRE earlier today for the first time. Feels weird. It's like passive meditation, you lie down there while your body is spazzing out. Feels pretty good after.

I haven't tried wimhoff yet. I gotta try it sometimes soon. Maybe tomorrow morning following instruction on his youtube channel

Yeah I didn't feel much different after trying WimHoff. I'll keep doing it because breathing is good. Maybe there will be a subtle improvement overall
    Last edited by PermaNoob; 07-17-2021 at 10:55 PM.

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pyskowanie View Post

Try not breathing with your mouth. Hard to suck up a fly through your nostrils.

I did Wim Hoff for a cup of coffee one month. I immediately noticed breath holding improvements but nothing else. Stopped because it's a chore in the mornings. Still take cool showers (Texas, there are no cold ones in Summer).

Originally Posted by PermaNoob View Post
    Anyone actually try doing this stuff?
    I tried TRE earlier today for the first time. Feels weird. It's like passive meditation, you lie down there while your body is spazzing out. Feels pretty good after.

I haven't tried wimhoff yet. I gotta try it sometimes soon. Maybe tomorrow morning following instruction on his youtube channel

Yeah I didn't feel much different after trying WimHoff. I'll keep doing it because breathing is good. Maybe there will be a subtle improvement overall
    Great vid.

With breathwork, try different rates &/or focusing on the 'smoothness' of the breathing action. If you focus enough on the smoothness (I try to visualize some reciprocating action like a pendulum) it can become quite hypnotic which, in addition to the super-ventilaion, can put you into a trance where more interesting things start to happen.
    The smoothness is a very subjective, slippery idea (a moving target) but try it a bunch of times. I find some days I can easily fall into a good rhythm, other days not so much.

Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    Try not breathing with your mouth. Hard to suck up a fly through your nostrils.

I did Wim Hoff for a cup of coffee one month. I immediately noticed breath holding improvements but nothing else. Stopped because it's a chore in the mornings. Still take cool showers (Texas, there are no cold ones in Summer).
    I actually struggle to breathe through nose at a significant rate due to chronic sinusitis, but its getting better.
    Nose breathing has huge advantage of nitric oxide production which can certainly make things more productive - see below.

Originally Posted by _XYDREX_ View Post

Originally Posted by Paranoy View Post
    You are literally hyperventilating, I think thats the whole point.
    With getting visuals like mandalas, I never know if you are actually seeing something of any significance or just seeing random stars from approaching fainting & your mind just invents something out of them..
    [
    You know... I used to contemplate the exact same thing...

We see, in many forms, the situation you describe... seeing stars from close to passing out.. --> conditioned response --> just focus on getting back to.... 'consensus realty'

'Consensus Reality', a term, like explained by Graham Hancock in the 2016 Psychedelica series is something we cling onto..

So... if we experience something else, like seeing stars from close to passing out, we start to 'intentionally' (consciously) focus realllyyyy hard on getting bacckk....

But what if we actually 'consciously' examine wtf is really going on.... now, that may be stretching the definition of 'consciously' (defly NOT something we are trained or raised to do).

I'm starting to think there may be a shyt-load we can actually learn from the state of consciousness of the state: about to lose consciousness.......

Perhaps hyper-ventilating can take us there..... like a re-boot of the brain... where the filters we normally have GRADUALLY come back on... remember we filter over 90% of the neurological info that comes into our brain via social-conditioning

So perhaps those filters only gradually come back on if we are in a state of:- about to lose consciousness ..... so we can experience a certain state with only some of the pre-conditioned filters activated, as they slowly come back on one a at a time..... to give us a glimpse of what else...
    To add to my earlier ideas, I was happy to recently hear a podcast (Ben Greenfield interviewing Jamie Wheal) that talks about brain/nervous system resets or re-boots, so it actually is a thing.

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/pod...e-the-rapture/

At 36.20mins & 80-83mins they talk about such resets, 67min for nitric oxide & 72mins for gas-assisted breathing further enhancing CNS resets.
    Whole podcast is very interesting & related to this stuff.

Especially Aus indigenous use of didgeridoo using circular breathing that boosts endogenous nitric oxide production by 15 times !!!.
    'Ancient neural technology' as Jamie calls it, I'll be looking to get the mini-box first, then perhaps get a real didgeridoo.
    Anyone can learn circular breathing with a glass of water & a straw as the podcast mentions.

As a side-note: Wheal & Kotler wrote 'Stealing Fire' together a few years ago.
    Whole audio book available on youtube, start with Chapter 9 for those that feel the whole thing is a bit too fringe for you.
    Chap 9 seems to capture most people upon first impression given its highly accurate relevance to what is happening today.
    Last edited by _XYDREX_; 09-10-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Lemme tell ya sumthin.... palumboism's Avatar
    palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by _XYDREX_ View Post

Nice info & Stealing Fire top book but be aware - this prick is deep state.
    This interview Aug 15, 2017
    Listen to 52.20-52.40
    He talks about overpopulation being to blame, requiring a reset & plague will take care of it
    "we know its gonna happen'
    Im not just using that piece to decide this.
    In the book he basically states the whole psychedelic & modern altered states of conscious movement is CIA driven while claiming its just being monitored.
    "Theyre in on it" can have sooo many different meanings.