mea131985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What kind of exercise can I do to get rid of stomach fat????

I do about 30-45 min cardio 6 days a week as well as strength train to stay toned, and crunches every other day. I watch what I eat, but for some reason I can't get rid of the layer of fat surrounding my stomach. I know the crunches I do are working because if I push on my stomach I can feel my ab muscles, but my abs dont show yet because there is still fat there. I've noticed that in the past I got rid of the fat around my stomach when I did longer and more vigorous cardio but I also lost fat in my chest and butt which is where I don't want to lose. I also don't want to go that route because I also ate very little and became sick.

What would be the healthiest way to lose fat off my stomach and what kind of exercises should I be doing? I really need help on this please.
    How can I lose the fat only in my stomach??

-Myra
    I sometimes fall down, but I'll always get right back up

SpartanChick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpartanChick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpartanChick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpartanChick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi there,
    People are always asking this question, and they always get the same answer: spot reducing does NOT work. Although you can get more toned appearance-wise working your abs, that layer of fat will still be lying on top. Why not try doing some HIIT to get rid of it?
    Hope this helps, and good luck!
    "If you ain't first, yer last."
    -Ricky Bobby

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SpartanChick View Post
    spot reducing does NOT work[...]Why not try doing some HIIT to get rid of it?
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

AAArated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AAArated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AAArated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AAArated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    myra:
    1. as spartan chick said there is no such thing as spot reduction!!!u can't reduce bf just from one part of ur body. If u want to decrease ur bf, first u have to lift hard!,
    2. With 1 as a prerequisite, abs-as every body knows- are formed in the kitchen. Given that u lift hard, nutrition will make the difference.
    3. Have u ever thought that by exercising ur abs every day or every other day, u overtrain them???!!!Abs are a muscle group as every other in our body. Between the same or synergists muscle groups u should let more than 48 hours (i use as a rule every 3rd day) to avoid overtraining. Moreover, keep also in mind that abs work as synergists muscles in exercises such as squats for example. I do abs just once a week and is ok. In bb, many times "the more is not the better"
    Last edited by AAArated; 03-12-2007 at 08:44 AM.

Fitness Factory IFBB Pro Beefcake Girl's Avatar
    Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Liosing belly fat will be a product of diet more than anything else. Cardio is hand in hand with it since you want to burn more calories than you take in but mostly, it is diet....and it all depends on your genetics. Some women carry higher levels of body fat and still have six packs...then some of us carry weight around the middle. For me, that is one of the last places to get lean and a really clean diet and consistent training regimine has been the only thing to make a difference
    2007 NPC Figure Class C National Champion
    IFBB PRO
    Optimum Nutrition Athlete
    VSX Team Trainer (Victoria's Secret Fitness)
    Fitness Factory Personal Trainer

"If it were easy, everyone would do it."

mea131985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AAArated View Post
    myra:
    1. as spartan chick said there is no such thing as spot reduction!!!u can't reduce bf just from one part of ur body. If u want to decrease ur bf, first u have to lift hard!,
    2. With 1 as a prerequisite, abs-as every body knows- are formed in the kitchen. Given that u lift hard, nutrition will make the difference.
    3. Have u ever thought that by exercising ur abs every day or every other day, u overtrain them???!!!Abs are a muscle group as every other in our body. Between the same or synergists muscle groups u should let more than 48 hours (i use as a rule every 3rd day) to avoid overtraining. Moreover, keep also in mind that abs work as synergists muscles in exercises such as squats for example. I do abs just once a week and is ok. In bb, many times "the more is not the better"
    By increasing strength training harder in other body groups I can lose the fat around my stomach? Should I increase my cardio as well? ( I do 30-45 min a day)
    I sometimes fall down, but I'll always get right back up

ChickenTuna is just really nice. (+1000) ChickenTuna is just really nice. (+1000) ChickenTuna is just really nice. (+1000) ChickenTuna is just really nice. (+1000) ChickenTuna is just really nice. (+1000) ChickenTuna is just really nice. (+1000) ChickenTuna is just really nice. (+1000) ChickenTuna is just really nice. (+1000) ChickenTuna is just really nice. (+1000) ChickenTuna is just really nice. (+1000) ChickenTuna is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mea131985 View Post
    By increasing strength training harder in other body groups I can lose the fat around my stomach? Should I increase my cardio as well? ( I do 30-45 min a day)

hi, the fat in your stomach will be reduced when you reduce your bodyfat. Using a good solid training program with a combination of weight training, cardio, and proper nutrition, you'll see great results all the way around.

SpartanChick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpartanChick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpartanChick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpartanChick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    I know that sounded contradictory, lol. But my meaning was that it could help her define her abs in addition to everything else.

@mea: Personally, I don't suggest upping your cardio any more at the moment, because your body will get used to doing it, and you'll have to constantly up it in order to lose. And that can cause muscle loss, which I doubt you'll want. Anyway, ditto what everyone said about diet and weight training.
    "If you ain't first, yer last."
    -Ricky Bobby

AAArated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AAArated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AAArated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AAArated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    myra, exactly as chicken tuna said,

ps, chicken tuna many congrats for ur effort amd mostly the results!!bravo

edit: myra, all the above said are of higher importance than cardio. Moreover 45 minutes of cardio imo is more than enough. Restrict ur cardio in 30 minutes per time, once or twice (max) a week, in different days than ur lifting days and not the day before legs
    Last edited by AAArated; 03-13-2007 at 06:40 AM.

darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd put in a plug for doing 20-30 minutes cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. It's supposedly more effective than a longer workout later in the day. Worth a try for a while to address the stubborn fat areas.

nickosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I suggest you add Interval-style cardio 2-3 times a week. Interval training helped me lost over 2 inches around my mid-section in about 8 weeks, doing it 3 times a week. Focusing on direct ab work won't do much good because you can't spot reduce, you must lose overall bodyfat for your abs to show.
    If anything, perhaps 3 sets of 12 reps of kneeling cable crunches and swiss-ball crunches twice a week would be sufficient.
    Take it easy, and if it's easy.......... TAKE IT TWICE!