Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Why are my arms lagging?

hey all, i will post my routine and split and I would be very appreciated if someone could help me with this issue.

My shoulders are growing very much and also chest and back are growing decent but not really my arms.

Mon-Chest
    4 sets flat bench press
    4sets incline dumbell press
    4 sets db flyes

Tue-Back
    3 setsPull-ups
    3 sets one arm db row
    3 sets seated cable row
    3 sets lat pulldown

Wed-0ff
    Thur-Legs
    Squats-4 sets
    Leg press 4 sets
    Leg curls 4 sets
    deadlifts 4 sets

Fri-shoulders/bicep/triceps
    4 sets Db press
    4 sets lateral raise
    bb curl 3 sets
    preacher curl 3 sets
    db curl 3 sets
    dips 3 sets
    tri extension 3 sets
    rope pushdown 3 sets

I am considering of switching to a little less volume such as doing 9 sets for lats instead of 12 and 9 sets of chest instead of 12 and most important cutting my biceps and triceps to 6 sets instead of 9. How does this sound?
    Is 6 sets enough for biceps and triceps?

Please any suggestions on how I can bring up my arms.

Fri

madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    maybe some wrist curls
    Squat: 264 lbs

Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You gotta switch things up. Everyone has a routine, and amount of sets that they prefer and work best for them. You just gotta find yours though. If things aren't working though then change them around.

Are you getting enough calories though?

Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well, since I do not count calories I am not 100% sure but I believe I am. I eat like a horse IMO.
    First breakfast, then some snack, then a big lunch, then a pre-workout shake with whey and oats, then i have a gainer with 400 cals post workout, then I eat a big dinner, then I always have a big bowl with cereals and milk, and peanut butter and maybe some sandhiches and eggs before bed.
    I do play alot of tennis though which burns pretty many cals.

LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Swedish dude
    well, since I do not count calories I am not 100% sure but I believe I am. I eat like a horse IMO.
    First breakfast, then some snack, then a big lunch, then a pre-workout shake with whey and oats, then i have a gainer with 400 cals post workout, then I eat a big dinner, then I always have a big bowl with cereals and milk, and peanut butter and maybe some sandhiches and eggs before bed.
    I do play alot of tennis though which burns pretty many cals.

Start counting calories, trust me its worth doing even when bulking.

Sure try reducing the volume slightly see if it works for you, I've made good gains from that sort of volume.
    WOW, STRONG TEA - MY BRUV FITNESSMAN

One of the most educational threads thats ever been posted. Thankyou DF1, madcow, Dom etc for increasing my knowledge on training tenfold. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=591896

Of The Clan Of Christ. Uber-neggR's Avatar
    Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)
    you do squats and deadlifts in the same workout? talk about nut case. tought boy.
    Isaiah 43:2: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by LostProphet
    Start counting calories, trust me its worth doing even when bulking.

Sure try reducing the volume slightly see if it works for you, I've made good gains from that sort of volume.
    bump...

nateakabear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try switching your workout and changing your diet.

rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your training looks fine to me. I suspect a lack of protien/total cals is the culprit here.

However if you have been doing the same routine for quite a while, its time to switch things up.

So would 6 sets for biceps be enough since I don't do them on back day.
    I train back on tuesdays and biceps on fridays.
    So would 6 sets be enough? Or should I stick to 9 sets?

LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So would 6 sets for biceps be enough since I don't do them on back day.
    I train back on tuesdays and biceps on fridays.
    So would 6 sets be enough? Or should I stick to 9 sets?
    Is 9 sets working for you ? Like I said give it a try and see what works for you, there's no way we're going to be able to tell you what will work for you.
    WOW, STRONG TEA - MY BRUV FITNESSMAN

One of the most educational threads thats ever been posted. Thankyou DF1, madcow, Dom etc for increasing my knowledge on training tenfold. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=591896

madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i think you're better with 6

Ok, I will try 6 sets.
    Could anyone post a good bicep and tricep routine with 6 sets?
    I was thinking this one for bicep:
    bb curl 3 sets
    preacher curl 2 sets
    db curl 1 set
    look ok?

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Ok, I will try 6 sets.
    Could anyone post a good bicep and tricep routine with 6 sets?
    I was thinking this one for bicep:
    bb curl 3 sets
    preacher curl 2 sets
    db curl 1 set
    look ok?
    close grip bench 3x6
    skullcrushers 3x6
    bb curls 3x6
    hammer curls 3x8...

Originally posted by scott_donald
    close grip bench 3x6
    skullcrushers 3x6
    bb curls 3x6
    hammer curls 3x8...
    Is this what you personally do?

another thing are hammer curls really a mass builder? Since I am trying to bulk I need mass builders. the other exercises look good.
    thanx

Is this what you personally do?

another thing are hammer curls really a mass builder? Since I am trying to bulk I need mass builders. the other exercises look good.
    thanx
    that is what i do adn ye they are great....

so you don't think this would be good?
    3 sets bb curls
    2 sets db preacher curls
    1 set alternate dumbell curls

so you don't think this would be good?
    3 sets bb curls
    2 sets db preacher curls
    1 set alternate dumbell curls
    i think those exercises are a bit too similar

Originally posted by madnerb
    i think those exercises are a bit too similar
    what do you mean?
    Could you post a good bicep and tricep routine with no less than 6 sets and no more than 9?
    Maybe your own?

HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thats a bad routine unless you have been lifting for a long time (2+ yrs)... you my friend are OVERTRAINING

i used to have a similar workout (5-6 days a week, basically same split) and got little gains..

i read a lot of articles/did my research and cut down on my workout drastically

im an ectomoprh, i weighted 160lbs all through high school at 6'2''... and then i ate right (4000-5000 calories) and changed my split to 3 days a week with A LOT LESS VOLUME (less sets, 8 reps, less exercises) and i recieved drastic gains

i got up to 200lbs and added a ton of mass... i used to be the skinny guy and now everyone asks me if i do roids... btw, i did all that in 6 months

Originally posted by HUGE_I_AM
    thats a bad routine unless you have been lifting for a long time (2+ yrs)... you my friend are OVERTRAINING

i used to have a similar workout (5-6 days a week, basically same split) and got little gains..

i read a lot of articles/did my research and cut down on my workout drastically

im an ectomoprh, i weighted 160lbs all through high school at 6'2''... and then i ate right (4000-5000 calories) and changed my split to 3 days a week with A LOT LESS VOLUME (less sets, 8 reps, less exercises) and i recieved drastic gains

i got up to 200lbs and added a ton of mass... i used to be the skinny guy and now everyone asks me if i do roids... btw, i did all that in 6 months
    Hi I am an ectomorph too and very skinny, but I know I have too switch to lower volume such as 9 sets for chest and maybe 6 sets fro biceps etc. would this be good? I am in the same hopeless situation as you were in so please help out.
    thanks

Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you may be overtraining your arms since you also train for tennis. I used to play tennis and my arms got very muscular from tennis itself.

HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10) HUGE_I_AM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi I am an ectomorph too and very skinny, but I know I have too switch to lower volume such as 9 sets for chest and maybe 6 sets fro biceps etc. would this be good? I am in the same hopeless situation as you were in so please help out.
    thanks
    id be glad to help a fellow skinny guy, i know how frustrating it can be

getting "huge" has many more factors than your training, especially when your skinny

the key is to EAT

learn all you can about nutrition (i can give you a diet if you want, PM me) and eat enough calories so you gain 2 LBS per week (i say 2 rather than 1 because your body can handle the added fat, but no more than 2 cause then you will get fat... to a point)

it was hard for me to get over the fact that training less was better for me as well

but i said F it, whatever makes me bigger so i tried a new split for 3-4 months and saw GREAT GAINS

this is what i did:

mon- chest/tri

BB or DB bench press (warmup, 3x8)
    incline BB or DB press (3x8)
    dips (3x6-8)
    tri extensions (3x8)
    tri pushdowns (2x8)
    *sometimes did calves

wed-legs

squats (warmup, 2x8, 1-2x6)
    leg press (2-3x8)
    leg curls (3-4x8)
    *sometimes did abs

fri-back/bi

deadlifts (warmup, 2x8, 1x6)
    chin ups (3x10 or failure)
    bent over BB rows (2-3x8)
    standing BB curls (3x8)
    incline DB curls (3x8)
    *sometimes did forearms

then i would train my calves/abs/traps on a 4th day cause i felt doing them on one of the 3 days above would be too much (overtraining)

on that day i would do:
    standing calf raises (warmup, 3x10-8)
    seated calf raises (3x8-10)
    abs (varied, 6 total sets)
    DB shurgs (3x8)

*i would alternate each calf workout with the one above or 3-4x20-30 for standing, and the same for seated

-----
    i also did negatives for main exercises every 2-3 weeks
    i also used forced reps (on stuff like bench press)

hope this helps, PM me any other questions

i also ate 4-5000 calories (not all healthy, but pretty healthy) and only got up to like 12-15% BF (not sure exactly) going from 160lbs to 200lbs in 6 months, also got a lot stronger and got GREAT SIZE GAINS

protein_farts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) protein_farts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) protein_farts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) protein_farts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) protein_farts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    mine started grow'n like hell when i work them 3X a week w/ just 4- 6 sets each workout either first or after training other bodyparts. And dont forget to eat like monster after training them.