Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KilaByte View Post
    My first Skyrim (Elder Scrolls in general) experience I did 200+ hours exploring the world without running into most of the main cities/ holds on purpose, might be weird, I just liked exploring. SRS, posted a pic in the PS3 section of the forum back then.

Once I did that I settled into a role nobody had chosen before, a sneak archer.

Edit: If you want to explore the land but not progress the main storyline yet go see the Jarl but don't follow the main quest

not sherriff....
    Stern Crew

Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    not sherriff....
    I assumed he was being cheeky when he posted that.

I think it is mandatory for your first playthrough to end up as sneak archer. Possibly your second and third as well.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Soonerjohn View Post
    I assumed he was being cheeky when he posted that.

I think it is mandatory for your first playthrough to end up as sneak archer. Possibly your second and third as well.
    Its fun as FUK in VR. You have zero sighting help of course until you get Eagle Eye, and the way you hold your body and the controllers (i.e. height, angle across your chest, up and down angle) has a huge impact on the shot. So on pancake every time you draw back the angle is the same, arrow in same position, and you can judge target based on that. In VR no such luck, you can hold that bow and arrow at any angle and its hard to replicate. I think the first 10 hours of it I was like "this is fugging impossible" but after practice you can once again snipe people with headshots from 100 feet away. Its much more gratifying. Also spinning in circles in VR shooting at a dragon flying around is fun until you wrap your legs in your cable and/or slam your fist into a wall.
    Stern Crew

J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000) J411 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its fun as FUK in VR. You have zero sighting help of course until you get Eagle Eye, and the way you hold your body and the controllers (i.e. height, angle across your chest, up and down angle) has a huge impact on the shot. So on pancake every time you draw back the angle is the same, arrow in same position, and you can judge target based on that. In VR no such luck, you can hold that bow and arrow at any angle and its hard to replicate. I think the first 10 hours of it I was like "this is fugging impossible" but after practice you can once again snipe people with headshots from 100 feet away. Its much more gratifying. Also spinning in circles in VR shooting at a dragon flying around is fun until you wrap your legs in your cable and/or slam your fist into a wall.
    Can confirm the wall fist hurts bad...

I have VR on the PC fully modded so it looks really great. The first time walking across that log over the canyon and being ambushed by a thief while hundreds of feet above the ground... epic.

Originally Posted by J411 View Post
    Can confirm the wall fist hurts bad...

I have VR on the PC fully modded so it looks really great. The first time walking across that log over the canyon and being ambushed by a thief while hundreds of feet above the ground... epic.
    yeah I got all the graphics mods. Its awesome.

having to dart your head/eyes around to find out who is shooting at you, having a wolf jump out of the woods at you, etc is so different in VR. in pancake, you can set the camera behind your character so you have a high view looking down at your surroundings. In VR....at night its dark, and trees block what you can see, etc...its so different. I sort of learned to actually use the beds and inns and sleep at night because visibility is actually bad like in real life.
    Stern Crew

Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soonerjohn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

having to dart your head/eyes around to find out who is shooting at you, having a wolf jump out of the woods at you, etc is so different in VR. in pancake, you can set the camera behind your character so you have a high view looking down at your surroundings. In VR....at night its dark, and trees block what you can see, etc...its so different. I sort of learned to actually use the beds and inns and sleep at night because visibility is actually bad like in real life.
    That sounds badass, I should look into finally getting VR.

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Which mods do you have? I only played it a bit in VR so far and didn't have the time to mod it, just wanted to try it out. Rift S crew.

And yeah that sneaky archer thing....
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.

2jz, S55, M48.00

Which mods do you have? I only played it a bit in VR so far and didn't have the time to mod it, just wanted to try it out. Rift S crew.

And yeah that sneaky archer thing....
    checking my nexus thingermajigger and will edit here.

skyrim 2020 is the big graphics/texture overhaul

WICO introduces some more detailed characters with stories that you can meet at random. Also improves characters.

the rest should be self explanatory.

the music one is awesome too.
    Last edited by Retoaded; 01-29-2021 at 10:23 AM.
    Stern Crew

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^Oh so it uses SE mods, I thought VR had it's own.
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.

2jz, S55, M48.00

^Oh so it uses SE mods, I thought VR had it's own.
    Yeah VR runs through SE. In the VR user/local/appdata folder for VR they give you a text file that directs whatever it is that looks for mods to the SE folder. There are a couple other steps to get it working but I googled it and it wasn't hard to set up. Regular skyrim won't work, only SE.
    Stern Crew

Yeah VR runs through SE. In the VR user/local/appdata folder for VR they give you a text file that directs whatever it is that looks for mods to the SE folder. There are a couple other steps to get it working but I googled it and it wasn't hard to set up. Regular skyrim won't work, only SE.
    Do they have finishing moves in VR? Decaps and such.

Originally Posted by Soonerjohn View Post
    Do they have finishing moves in VR? Decaps and such.
    You mean the cut scenes? No and I am not sure how they would make that work. You can do the bloody mods though. They didn't completely overhaul it for VR, they just sort of converted the regular game. Its still awesome though, but its not something like Half Life: Alyx which was created for VR and everything is just seamless and incredibly natural.
    Stern Crew

Medallion Wearing CEO10k Ephedra's Avatar
    Ephedra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ephedra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ephedra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ephedra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ephedra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ephedra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ephedra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ephedra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ephedra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ephedra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ephedra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    44hrs in already. One of the best games I've ever played. World is beautiful with the mods.

Crazy how some of the sides quests have so much depth and time to them. The College of Winterhold was almost as long as other games main story lines.

For the main story, I'm barely only the 3rd or 4th mission. Keep getting sucked into side quests that are really fun.

Originally Posted by Ephedra View Post
    44hrs in already. One of the best games I've ever played. World is beautiful with the mods.

Crazy how some of the sides quests have so much depth and time to them. The College of Winterhold was almost as long as other games main story lines.

For the main story, I'm barely only the 3rd or 4th mission. Keep getting sucked into side quests that are really fun.
    yeah I am about to start over again.

the game is pretty endless. there is always another cave to explore lol.
    Stern Crew