Thread: Plurasy?

Mot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Plurasy?

I started working out heavily this summer when I went back to the states to visit because I had nothing better to do, I worked out about 4 times a week, I rode 3 miles to the gym, worked out for about an hour and a half, and rode 3 miles back. I didn't overwork my muscles, I did upper body one day, lower the next. However right before I left the states, I started getting strange breathing problems, it got pretty bad, to where I have to fight to "catch my breath" -- it was especially bad at night. I came back to Turkey and had about 5 different doctors tell me I was fine, after an allergy test, an EKG (what's the english acronym) elektrokardiograph

Electrocardiograph? Like an ultrasound for my heart and lungs..basically.

plus a breathing test where i breated at varied levels into a tube and they all came up saying I was perfectly normal. However my dad was talking to a lady in his office who used to be a nurse and she said it sounded like plursy, which can spawn from working out too much if your body isn't used to the type of excercise you are doing (to strenuous levels) she said it's when excess mucus and tissues form around the lungs and squeeze, causing the feeling of shortness of breath...this sounded exactly like what was going on with me. I haven't worked out in about a month and it went away almost completely, I don't ever notice it anymore unless I think about it, it's barely there.. anyways, I was going to start hitting the gym this upcoming week again because wrestling starts in december and I want to get a headstart, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this "condition" and what can be done to releive or get rid of it? NEVER happened before until I started really lifting weights fulltime (and I was careful about what I was lifting)
    -Mot

Height: 5'11
    Weight: 195

doctorben@cyber-rights.ne BigBenn's Avatar
    BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is spelled Pleurisy.

Heres a link with some info, I'm sure you will find more with more searching. http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwi...tselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}
    [email]doctorben@cyber-rights.net[/email]

thanks, had no idea that was the actual spelling.
    -Mot

I read up on it a bit, and the only thing that looses me is that most of the articles on it say it can be detected with a chest x-ray..or a blood test ..well, i had 2 chest x-rays, and EKG (chest ultrasound) and a blood test (allergy test via the blood) and they all showed up clean, however the symptoms are starting to come back just a little bit lately within the last week (and i haven't been working out at all) and I don't want to tell my parents, I'm tired of trips to the [dumb Turkish] doctors only to have them say i'm fine, I dunno what to do :S
    -Mot

bump
    -Mot

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I doubt it is pleurisy. It is more likely a sprain of a thoracic spine joint and/or the joint where the ribs join the spine, called a costo-vertebral joint. It can give pain with breathing, especially deep breaths and coughing.

Treatment can include ice/anti-inflammatory medication/joint mobilisation by a physiotherapist.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au