Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Creatine - Side effects?!

Have you , or do you know somebody that got side effects by creatine?
    Could it be dangerous to take for a 16 year old?

Peace

Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Its pretty simple.

This isnt proven, but its logical.

Adding Creatine to your system will require your body to produce more enzymes than it is naturally prepared to do. This will overtax your liver. Any kind of supplement that puts natural stuff into your body MORE THAN YOUR BODY IS READY TO TAKE will overtax it.

So some organs may give a few years earlier, but thats really about it.

Again, no proof, its just simple bioligy.
    "The difference between heart and hunger is... You can have alot of heart, but when hungry you can take someones heart."

"There is no need to boast of your accomplishments and what you can do. A great man is known, he needs no introduction."

doctorben@cyber-rights.ne BigBenn's Avatar
    BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Noobai
    Its pretty simple.

Adding Creatine to your system will require your body to produce more enzymes than it is naturally prepared to do. This will overtax your liver. Any kind of supplement that puts natural stuff into your body MORE THAN YOUR BODY IS READY TO TAKE will overtax it.

Simple Bioligy eh? Hmm simple biolOgy tells me that my liver is made to allow me to survive every day toxins and even poisonings. Liver stress takes more than people think. 1 extra strength tylenol per day is going to put 10 times more stress on the liver than 10mg of creatine per day. Enzymatic action from creatine to metabolites is an everyday process with the capacity for much more than creatine doses of an athlete. People go full cycles with alkalied steroids without liver enzyme elevations (me being one), and elevated enzyme counts rarely indicate permenant damage.

Bottom line, creatine isn't going to hurt you.
    [email]doctorben@cyber-rights.net[/email]

solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by BigBenn
    Simple Bioligy eh? Hmm simple biolOgy tells me that my liver is made to allow me to survive every day toxins and even poisonings. Liver stress takes more than people think. 1 extra strength tylenol per day is going to put 10 times more stress on the liver than 10mg of creatine per day. Enzymatic action from creatine to metabolites is an everyday process with the capacity for much more than creatine doses of an athlete. People go full cycles with alkalied steroids without liver enzyme elevations (me being one), and elevated enzyme counts rarely indicate permenant damage.

w0w,u sounds smart and that sounds correct
    <HTC>

Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Noobai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Absolutely agreed that some drugs (such as tylenol) will woop your livers ass more than others.

Im more of a purist in that I avoid almost all outside drugs unless I haev to take them.

As for creatine not doing more than tylenol, sure. But if you take it every day, often, lots. The taxing will add up. Sure a year may not do anything for ya, but a few years will have an effect.
    "The difference between heart and hunger is... You can have alot of heart, but when hungry you can take someones heart."

"There is no need to boast of your accomplishments and what you can do. A great man is known, he needs no introduction."

Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by BigBenn

bump

BTW United if your unsure about creatine go read up on it there are a ton of articles on this site

Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fortress is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Sure a year may not do anything for ya, but a few years will have an effect.
    NO it wont

HyperionGauss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My I possibly interest you in this convienently located thread?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=110159

*shrug* alright. Like I said, no proof, it just makes biological sense and my extended family of 3 doctors and 2 bioligists have all said stay away from it, it will be detrimental.

Proof enough for me

Best of luck if you do use it though I know its brought a lot of my friends great success (and I can call em Water Baloons!)

BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Absolutely agreed that some drugs (such as tylenol) will woop your livers ass more than others.

Im more of a purist in that I avoid almost all outside drugs unless I haev to take them.

As for creatine not doing more than tylenol, sure. But if you take it every day, often, lots. The taxing will add up. Sure a year may not do anything for ya, but a few years will have an effect.
    What taxing are you talking about. What enzyme do you suggest is being increased. How do you think increased production of this single enzyme by your liver causes liver damage?

You have it set in your mind that creatine taxes your liver and that just isnt the case, be it long term or short.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by HyperionGauss
    My I possibly interest you in this convienently located thread?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=110159

I cant give specific names, lol, Im no bioligist, I just regurgitate what Ive been exaplined by professionalis in my family

Just generally hightened production is not good for your liver because it is doing MORE than it would normally because you are adding MORE creatine (for example) than your body would NORMALLY produce.

Thats the sense.

I don't use Creatine myself as the added water induces high blood pressure for me. I just don't like misinformation.

I apoligize for correcting spelling because its not really relevant but if so many people in your family are in the biology field you should learn to spell it.

I know many general practitioners, biochemists, and even mollecular biologists who know less about creatine, steroids, and other bodybuilding related subjects than myself. I am just a biochem/premed student who reads lots of studies. Remember that doctors and scientists alike have thier fields and are not always strong in fields that they don't actively research. I don't claim to know more than your relatives its just that any average Joe can know more than a doctor about a specific field.

I suggest you start your reading on liver enzymes on pubmed.com, I think you will learn a few things.
    *shrug* alright. Like I said, no proof, it just makes biological sense and my extended family of 3 doctors and 2 bioligists have all said stay away from it, it will be detrimental.

Proof enough for me

Best of luck if you do use it though I know its brought a lot of my friends great success (and I can call em Water Baloons!)

jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000)
    there is evidence i have ever seen of creatine having adverse long term effects on health!!! there have been a few tries at studies but they are all limited by the fact that creatine supplementation is relatively new and that the ones doing those studies were usually the researchers themselves and thus not completely reliable and also limited by numbers of research specimens. the only adverse effects of creatine would be upset stomach, diarrhea and cramps etc which can all be explained by the fact that the ones with these sides were all not drinking enough water!!!
    bottom line bro no there are no adverse sides to creatine supplementation right now. only good sides like increase in body mass, strength and energy!!!

noobai not flaming u and i understand ur purist stance bro but when u make such statements come with some scientific evidence to ur stated arguments and not annecdotal logic and reasoning which has no scientific basis!!! if u come with evidence and not ur logic then i will be more than happy to dicuss it with u bro!!!
    just mho
    peace
    j

Will do Education is power. Thx for the link.

But Ill still nay-say Creatine.

Again, the purist mind set is a simple, tunnel-vision one

I don't see myself on the people that know thier Sh-- list. I don't post as often as before but I still .
    Originally posted by jhov
    there is evidence i have ever seen of creatine having adverse long term effects on health!!! there have been a few tries at studies but they are all limited by the fact that creatine supplementation is relatively new and that the ones doing those studies were usually the researchers themselves and thus not completely reliable and also limited by numbers of research specimens. the only adverse effects of creatine would be upset stomach, diarrhea and cramps etc which can all be explained by the fact that the ones with these sides were all not drinking enough water!!!
    bottom line bro no there are no adverse sides to creatine supplementation right now. only good sides like increase in body mass, strength and energy!!!

noobai not flaming u and i understand ur purist stance bro but when u make such statements come with some scientific evidence to ur stated arguments and not annecdotal logic and reasoning which has no scientific basis!!! if u come with evidence and not ur logic then i will be more than happy to dicuss it with u bro!!!
    just mho
    peace
    j

United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250) United has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Unhappy

damit creatine feels spooky and dangerous..what the hell!

omagdon7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omagdon7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hi

your dumbass relatives must be the personal trainers of the science world spreading misinformation because they assumed the other dumbass that told them dotted their Is and crossed their ts. By that logic eating a lot of food to add muscle mass is detrimental because if your body was ready for the muscle mass it would have generated it without the stimulus of lifting and an excess of calories.

Re: hi

Originally posted by omagdon7
    your dumbass relatives must be the personal trainers of the science world spreading misinformation because they assumed the other dumbass that told them dotted their Is and crossed their ts. By that logic eating a lot of food to add muscle mass is detrimental because if your body was ready for the muscle mass it would have generated it without the stimulus of lifting and an excess of calories.
    No need to get violent my friend. You have good points but no one is going to listen to you when you talk like that.

Omagdon, too much of anything is a bad thing.

Yes overloading VERY HEAVILY on food or protein intake can be bad.

Thats why there are diseases caused by too much protein and not enough carbs and visa versa.

Am I saying more of anything is bad, no. Excessive amounts is. Your body is going to get as big as it should, no bigger.

Working manual labor 10 hours a day will get you in better personal shape than any weight room.

Omagdon, too much of anything is a bad thing.

Yes overloading VERY HEAVILY on food or protein intake can be bad.

Thats why there are diseases caused by too much protein and not enough carbs and visa versa.

Am I saying more of anything is bad, no. Excessive amounts is. Your body is going to get as big as it should, no bigger.

Working manual labor 10 hours a day will get you in better personal shape than any weight room.
    Ok the misinformation in your posts is so much that I cannot spend this much of my time correcting it. You are wrong on many counts and the fact that I back up my rebuttles with facts while you make empty claims leaves me hopeless and wasting my time.

Use this as a general guide, logic doesn't always apply in science so I won't make claims unless I have proof from viable sources.

To anyone new reading his posts, just because they are not being disputed doesnt mean we vets don't dispute it, I have just grown tired of fixing it as I am sure others will. Do not listen to him.

Alright alright, fine Ill stop.

Go ahead, use Creatine. Its good for you. Takign it will make you huge and cause no problems later in life. Purists are idiots and dont know what they're talking about, so run out to the store and load up right away!

Noob: I came here to ask because im very newb at this..
    And do you get "fatter" in face too?

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Alright alright, fine Ill stop.

Go ahead, use Creatine. Its good for you. Takign it will make you huge and cause no problems later in life. Purists are idiots and dont know what they're talking about, so run out to the store and load up right away!
    Amen

Apparently, so am I, so Im removing myself from this discussion.

As to fatter in the face, I have noooo idea

Noob: Guys like you shouldnt be allowed here..If u cant give proper sources you dont have to type anything..

busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100)
    I cant give specific names, lol, Im no bioligist,
    Then why are you making the arguement if you really have no idea what you're saying?

BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its pretty simple.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=108708

oh ya and mr biology expert... learn to spell biology.

Talking

Originally posted by busta hymen
    Then why are you making the arguement if you really have no idea what you're saying?
    bump

Mr.Small will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Small will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Small will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Small will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Small will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Small will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Small will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Small will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Small will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Small will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Small will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

this means....uh.............creatine is GOOD!!!!
    You don't know until you try it!