goat98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

postworkout shake/ meal question

Should a high carb/protein postworkout shake be taken after cardio only workouts, or are they strictly for post lifting workouts? Also, if you lift and then do cardio is it ok to wait til after the cardio session or is that to long a time period for your muscle to gain the most benefit? I've read that the shake should be taken immediately post workout, so would a thirty minute cardio session take away from the benefits? Thanks.

kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000)

Not good to do fat loss cardio after workout. Shoudl be like 6-8 hours apart. Light 5 min cool down cardio is ok.

Matt~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think before, so it gives you energy for your workout!

Originally Posted by kraZi. View Post
    Not good to do fat loss cardio after workout. Shoudl be like 6-8 hours apart. Light 5 min cool down cardio is ok.
    why? never heard that before?

Also, just to clarify, I was wondering about a postworkout shake that is designed to restore glycogen in muscles, is that ok for after a cardio workout or just after lifting?

Protein Fart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protein Fart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protein Fart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protein Fart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kraZi. View Post
    Not true at all actually. You can workout, drink a whey protein, do low intensity cardio(let's say speed:4.5-5, incline:10 for 30-45 minutes) straight away and THEN have a Carb/Protein meal.

Protein Fart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protein Fart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protein Fart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protein Fart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by goat98 View Post
    why? never heard that before?

Also, just to clarify, I was wondering about a postworkout shake that is designed to restore glycogen in muscles, is that ok for after a cardio workout or just after lifting?
    Protein after cardio is a must, carbs are debatable. It depends when you do cardio and what the rest of your diet plan looks like on that day. I usually have protein shake + 1 piece of fruit after cardio. You do not need masses of carbs straight after cardio, if any at all.

jsw237 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cardio will not affect the benefits. you can take the protein up to an hr and a half after your workout.
    Bench Max - 225
    Squat - 170 (Just Started =/)
    Bulking to 280
    Currently 6'1"
    269 lbs

Matthew31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matthew31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matthew31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matthew31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matthew31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matthew31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matthew31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matthew31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matthew31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matthew31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matthew31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wow, poor Goat98...got spammed by people with no clue what they are talking about! Let me try and clarify what some people said:

***Not good to do fat loss cardio after workout. Shoudl be like 6-8 hours apart. Light 5 min cool down cardio is ok.***

This is absolute nonsense. Cardio burns off free fatty acids that workouts produce from lipolysis.

***Not true at all actually. You can workout, drink a whey protein, do low intensity cardio(let's say speed:4.5-5, incline:10 for 30-45 minutes) straight away and THEN have a Carb/Protein meal.***

Proteinfart (lol nice name) is correct. That's sound advice.

***cardio will not affect the benefits. you can take the protein up to an hr and a half after your workout.***

That comment doesn't even make sense. Just ignore it.

My personal advice? A good solid meal filled with carbs and protein is highly advised after a workout. It replenishes glycogen stores (the carbs) and insulin spikes from a meal release amino acids into the bloodstream to build muscle. It's really that simple.

thanks for the replies, sounds good.

DZINERLUV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Matthew31 View Post
    Wow, poor Goat98...got spammed by people with no clue what they are talking about! Let me try and clarify what some people said:

***Not good to do fat loss cardio after workout. Shoudl be like 6-8 hours apart. Light 5 min cool down cardio is ok.***

This is absolute nonsense. Cardio burns off free fatty acids that workouts produce from lipolysis.

***Not true at all actually. You can workout, drink a whey protein, do low intensity cardio(let's say speed:4.5-5, incline:10 for 30-45 minutes) straight away and THEN have a Carb/Protein meal.***

Proteinfart (lol nice name) is correct. That's sound advice.

***cardio will not affect the benefits. you can take the protein up to an hr and a half after your workout.***

That comment doesn't even make sense. Just ignore it.

My personal advice? A good solid meal filled with carbs and protein is highly advised after a workout. It replenishes glycogen stores (the carbs) and insulin spikes from a meal release amino acids into the bloodstream to build muscle. It's really that simple.
    i think you still didnt answer the Q. should he or should he not take a protien shake w/ fast carbs after a work out, if he is going to do 20-30 min cardio...i know that its a must to take in a good meal that consists of protien/slow digesting carbs 2 hr b4 workout.

thanks n adv